The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

• 2 weeks later...

R.I.P Being able to go through the captcha quickly by pressing the recaptcha and google seeing that you're you; now I have to solve the other captcha every time I visit, because I need to prove I am a human and also have all the time of the world to solve every single ***** time I want to check stuff on the website.

R.I.P Mass Effect Andromeda. Just finished the game. I could tell that had tons and tons of big plots and spins, but it was very, very poorly executed. The ending was so plain too. So many unresolved small plots/stories. So many things left in the air. The last ark that's "missing" too and hinted at an DLC which will never come out because of the shit trash the game turned into is so heartbreaking. And all that for """"Anthem"""". Which didn't make that much of success either. I'm waiting to see what will happen with Mass Effect universe.. 

• 3 weeks later...

Rest In Peace Peace and Civility.

Wait. How can Peace rest inside of itself? Civility can rest in Peace but that is only one layer of sentimental rest of a concept.

Tranquility is a close concept but not precisely the same thing (it is more about movement than anything else) so Peace can rest in Tranquility.

5 hours ago, Mister_Discrete said:

RIP my sanity after spending a literal weeks' worth of hours rooting out the dreaded "black face bug" in my Skyrim game, only to still have discolored heads start popping up despite the fact I've literally gone through every mod I have installed in SSEdit to root out and patch conflicts.

Export face-gen (control+F4) for each character you want to fix in the CK. Don't forget to pull your tint masks folder before you load up your mods. That's what I do anyway. When you add body/face/skin/ texture mods in the middle of a playthru, it will sometimes do that to your chars I have found and thats the only way to fix them without starting a new game. Give em some new hair or something while your in there- but not hd hair cause they won't load.

16 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Export face-gen (control+F4) for each character you want to fix in the CK. Don't forget to pull your tint masks folder before you load up your mods. That's what I do anyway. When you add body/face/skin/ texture mods in the middle of a playthru, it will sometimes do that to your chars I have found and thats the only way to fix them without starting a new game. Give em some new hair or something while your in there- but not hd hair cause they won't load.

Yeah. I've done the exporting facegen thing already. I'm not sure what the tintmasks folder pulling thing is though. Could you possibly elaborate on this?

14 minutes ago, Mister_Discrete said:

Yeah. I've done the exporting facegen thing already. I'm not sure what the tintmasks folder pulling thing is though. Could you possibly elaborate on this?

For Skyrim LE you have to pull the tintmask folder out (I just move it to my desktop) before loading your esps in the CK because when you export face-gen it will give them a face bug. I'm assuming it's the same for SSE as well since I haven't tested. When your done you just put the tintmasks folder back.

12 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

For Skyrim LE you have to pull the tintmask folder out (I just move it to my desktop) before loading your esps in the CK because when you export face-gen it will give them a face bug. I'm assuming it's the same for SSE as well since I haven't tested. When your done you just put the tintmasks folder back.

I'm working SSE, and not a single thing I've seen anywhere mentioned trying this. Although, I'm not certain it will help...it can't hurt to give it a try.

3 hours ago, Mister_Discrete said:

I'm working SSE, and not a single thing I've seen anywhere mentioned trying this. Although, I'm not certain it will help...it can't hurt to give it a try.

It's not the same for SSE. Just tested and it doesn't do the same thing. Are you sure the mod your are working with is loading last?

27 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

It's not the same for SSE. Just tested and it doesn't do the same thing. Are you sure the mod your are working with is loading last?

Oh yeah. I've done it all at this point. I optimized load orders. I've made patches to resolve conflicts. I've exported facegen data. All of it. Still some are squeaking through, and it's driving me crazy. I've got the problem mod sussed out, I just can't seem to fix it. Diverse Skyrim.  It makes changes to the types of NPCs that spawn. So you'll get Argonians and Mer spawned in as Imperial soldiers...that kind of thing. I've used more informative console to pinpoint mods that effect the NPCs, to see which ones may be causing the discolored heads, then going into SSEdit to make patches to resolve the issues. Problem is, with Diverse Skyrim, there is nothing to patch. No conflicts are shown. Loaded into CK, the modified NPCs get there facegen data exported, and that doesn't help. Moving the mod higher in the load order doesn't help, because then it simply is negated because the changes it makes are overwritten. I'm not giving up though. I really want to make this work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

R.I.P. another $100 in a Steam sale for games I might never install, let alone play.

R.I.P. Games that don't want drain your bank account for early access, dlc that should have been in the base game, or a bug-infested clusterfuck that you can't even play.

10 hours ago, nikoli grimm said:

If there are 7.8 billion people on the planet that means you STILL have respect for 7.8 million of them. What are you some kind of optimist?

Make that 99.9999%. That's still 780 people total but closer to the number I still have any shred of respect for. And yes, it is still optimistic.

1 hour ago, ToJKa said:

If you are feeling optimistic, just imagine how stupid the average person is, and then realise half of them are stupider than that ?

If you want to feel less optimistic still, realize that there are others who would place you in that same Carlinian category of cretins for the same reason.

of course, you could go the other route when it comes to adopting comedians' mindsets and just see things like Jimmy Dore. He doesn't see himself as particularly smart or clever yet is still capable of affecting change if he tries, something that would have greater results if people more intelligent than him would get off of their backsides and give it a shot for themselves(if they are not already actively using their abilities for evil intentionally).

19 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

If you want to feel less optimistic still, realize that there are others who would place you in that same Carlinian category of cretins for the same reason.

of course, you could go the other route when it comes to adopting comedians' mindsets and just see things like Jimmy Dore. He doesn't see himself as particularly smart or clever yet is still capable of affecting change if he tries, something that would have greater results if people more intelligent than him would get off of their backsides and give it a shot for themselves(if they are not already actively using their abilities for evil intentionally).

As my title might suggest, i'm well aware of that :classic_happy:

As for the rest: Nah, i'm a wannabe misantrophist.