The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

• 2 weeks later...

The Duke of Edinburgh died yesterday, aged 99.

A couple of his 'quotes'.

To Susan Edwards and her guide dog in 2002: “They have eating dogs for the anorexic now.”

“People think there’s a rigid class system here but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.” 2000.

Gonna miss Prince Philip.  During Obama's first visit to the UK there was a State dinner party.  Prince Philip was talking to a group of friends and Obama walked up to introduce himself.  All Philip said was "Make mine a vodka tonic, boy."  ?  The thought Obama was a waiter!

17 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Gonna miss Prince Philip.  During Obama's first visit to the UK there was a State dinner party.  Prince Philip was talking to a group of friends and Obama walked up to introduce himself.  All Philip said was "Make mine a vodka tonic, boy."  ?  The thought Obama was a waiter!

Does it not occur to you that the story is apocryphal and designed to play to the prejudices of people like you? At state events people are formerly introduced, they do not just dander up to people and introduce themselves. This is leaving aside the fact that the D of E was intelligent enough to know what the president of the USA looked like or that the waiters didn't wear the same clothes as the guests.

22 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Does it not occur to you that the story is apocryphal and designed to play to the prejudices of people like you? At state events people are formerly introduced, they do not just dander up to people and introduce themselves. This is leaving aside the fact that the D of E was intelligent enough to know what the president of the USA looked like or that the waiters didn't wear the same clothes as the guests.

Philip knew who Obama was.  That's what's makes it funny.  Can't believe something like this needs to be explained to you...well actually I can all things considered.

18 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Philip knew who Obama was.  That's what's makes it funny.  Can't believe something like this needs to be explained to you...well actually I can all things considered.

So rather than refute me with a credible source for your story you have decided to go straight for the ad hom.

Could you explain what all the things to be considered are?

Ah, the true face of elite level American politics and financial sector. Now we'll have to find a new scapegoat to exonerate and elevate in notoriety. Maybe Ghislaine Maxwell? That would be pretty woke and virtuous.

He does have luxurious stupid hair and a super forced sociopath smile... hmm. I'm sure after his "unfortunate incident" he'll be making the rounds  with books and interviews and eventually people will start sending him money again, just like Madoff.

Sure, why not.

R.I.P. Star Trek. I watched Discovery on Netflix when it was airing the first season. Ruined klingons and basically everything I knew.

Never going to see The New Generation style shows again, I dread to think.

Didn't even see the atrocity of Picard. Cancelled the Nopeflix sub before that.

On that note, all these streaming services feel the same to me nowadays. Same rehashed ideas and no natural green color on TV anymore.

What do you guys think about RIP Fallout ? I'm still on the edge of the cliff about it

It sure was dying (at least on the writing parts, cause if I'm honest I kinda liked some things in 4 mostly in NW & FH) but 76 and the Microsoft buyout was just the last nail to the coffin. Already felt like a closed casket burial at sea. I hope next they don't plan on bringing Peter Molyneux for keelhauling sessions

Hot take:

Bethesda has never made a good fallout.

ever.

Other hot take:

Neither has Obsidian. While Obsidian's writing actually makes sense and generally follows thematic and existential form and logic, it's not the jesus christ superstar it's made out to be, because it only exists in contrast to Fallout 3's heehaw abject fuckeration.

NV is a 7 at it's best, not a 10. Whilst New Vegas II is absolutely going to be a thing as Bethesda churns out product after product for their new masters, the people that made NV worth playing at all haven't worked at Obsidian in almost a decade.

3 hours ago, CPU said:

Keep the thread on topic.

Avoid discussions not related to people recently passed away.

Eh sorry I thought it included IPs too since discussions went on SW & ST

2 hours ago, CyanBunnye said:

Eh sorry I thought it included IPs too since discussions went on SW & ST

It is saying tah-tah to whatever you want. Carry on.