What really makes you happy?

The fact that there are now books being published that are directly answering questions that I have had for all of my adult life, and some of my adolescence, about various subjects that I just - missed - for various reasons.  And now I have at least two books that will be gifted to a young man who I've known for his entire life; that HE may hopefully read and get a better understanding of the realities of life early, and not have to struggle with the question: 'Why are things in the real world not as I was taught in my youth / school / society in general?'.  This.  Kid.  THIS is why.  They lied to you, plain and simple.

After a long and brutal week and a half of work and errands, finally having the time to sit back and enjoy some movies with my SO aside from all the usual "quality time" stuff. I gotta say, the energy comes right back up after that. Gave the Snyder Cut a watch this time and for all its various still existing flaws it's at least 100,000x better than the monstrosity created by Whedon in 2017. Like, this time i actually found myself fairly invested in it rather than getting a severe cringe fever afterwards.

Small opinion piece with spoiler in case someone hasn't watched it yet but plans to: Don't open if you don't want spoilers.

Spoiler

I liked the fact that Superman didn't save the day all by himself at the end. Because Superman already makes everyone else look rather useless in comparison due to his power being unreasonably higher than everyone else's. It's a major problem where the heavy hitters make the mid tiers and small tiers appear useless that Snyder still didn't feel like fixing and something the MCU has handled way better, although not in the best way all things considered. But i liked that at least Flash had a decent contribution to the narrative and ended up saving literally everyone including Superman, who all had failed and died momentarily.

I also liked that Steppenwolf's goal and characterization as well as design were much more pronounced and tangible this time. He's not just out to get earth for the hell of it and a nebulous "mother" that doesn't even exist, he's kinda obliged to. I liked that they already showed Darkseid who looks fucking menacing! There is also a proper explanation on what the Mother Boxes actually are and i find that explanation rather fascinating.

The portrayal of the Amazons and other factions were more engaging and felt easier to connect to, and last of all Cyborg's interpersonal struggle with his own identity and his familial problems coming to a rather satisfying conclusion where he finally accepts his gifts and proclaims that he's not broken or alone, these were great addition to the story.

11 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Consider the source. Kong don't serf

Yeah but still: having watched SnyderCunt, which was also made for IMAX albeit four years ago; the difference in picture quality and clarity is bonkers. Having a good monitor basically pays for itself very quickly.

I legit teared up at the part where

Spoiler

Kong says "Mothra" and Godzilla is all like "HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NAME"  and the little girl is like "his girlfriend's name is Mothra" and then Godzilla is like "my girlfriend's name is- YOU SON A OF A BITCH" and then stomps the fuck out of him.

good stuff.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

I legit teared up at the part where

Reveal hidden contents

Kong says "Mothra" and Godzilla is all like "HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NAME"  and the little girl is like "his girlfriend's name is Mothra" and then Godzilla is like "my girlfriends name is- YOU SON A OF A BITCH" and then stomps the fuck out of him.

good stuff.

1761038719_SadAffleckHappyEvans.gif.f314c1e1f2b5f77709f51d44bc45e778.gif

On 4/2/2021 at 6:58 AM, AKM said:

Lion-King-Zazu-Cage-1200x712.jpg.6579381bd31a6bf6ad996e9c25631346.jpg
(Zazu, The Lion King)

Fuck that guy! Zazu is an asshole. Simba was right to ignore the bird.

Demanding the future king marry one lioness was a dumb idea anywho. Simba gets to inherit the whole damn pride meaning pick of the litter fuck marriage and fuck any lioness that suits your fancy.

Other than my family this photo pretty much sums it up. I have more Lego but they are spread around the living room a bit. EDIT: I am currently in the process of building the Chiron, I didn't give up halfway through lol. I tend to spread big builds like that out over several weekends.

Spoiler

1.thumb.jpg.81a21e007c7a6bbaebafcc4cf051b70c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...