What really makes you happy?

On 8/21/2021 at 3:10 PM, landess said:

Being glad I 'outgrew' riding a Tricycle.

I call BS!  They aren't using stock tricycles, no plastic tires or clickers in the front wheel!   I wonder how that is received by the ladies when those racers are at the bar "Oh I race tricycles.  I have a Big Wheel 7000!"

Saw the cat toy with and nibble on a freshly caught mouse in the yard this morning. Somehow that briefly gave me a profound sense of everything being as it should be. Cats be cattin', all's right with the world.

I suppose the mouse felt differently, but I don't owe him.

Practicing inline skating makes me happy on a daily basis as I deal with agoraphobia after a traumatic assault.

I used to skate on quads but I find inline to be more to my liking. For someone who hasn't skated long in them, I do pretty good. I skate urban and have sort of gone into more of a Slolam freestyle. 

The thing that really makes me happy though... as cheesy and cliche as it sounds, Seeing others happy and loving towards each other. Seeing others getting along, caring for each other, seeing humans being humane, caring about their enviornment and the lives within.

It's the simple things really that make me happy. I Love when I see true acts of Love and kindness between folks who barely know each other. I dunno why, but it really makes me feel good inside. I guess deep down I just want to live in a world where we all love each other like one huge human family and community.  I know.... I'm so sappy...but that kinda stuff makes me truly happy. ☺ 

Edited by Bellaquis
On 8/19/2021 at 2:34 AM, Electroraptor said:

A good stormchasing, good beer and playing the guitar ?

IMG_5494.JPG

Very Cool!

Ooooooo did u take this picture or is it stock image? Amazing. I love storm cells and hurricanes. 

When I was a little girl, I considered being a tornado chaser,  used to dream of tornados, blackholes and falling out the skies towards earth. Lol. 

14 hours ago, Bellaquis said:

Very Cool!

Ooooooo did u take this picture or is it stock image? Amazing. I love storm cells and hurricanes. 

When I was a little girl, I considered being a tornado chaser,  used to dream of tornados, blackholes and falling out the skies towards earth. Lol. 

Thank you! It's my work, token by Canon EOS70D, Fisheye, this summer in Central Czechia ;) I chase the storms maybe over 10 years, and I totally love it. 

23 minutes ago, Leoosp said:

I have in the past tried to find a storm chaser app, or website which the UK can access with GDPR respected. But chasing tornados and other storms in the US. Does anyone on here know of just such an app or website please?

What app do you mean? A meteoradar, storm forecasting models or so? I have no idea how those things works in US, but in Europe it's normally public accessible. Evereyone can to see it, and need no apps except a some radar wiever. 

19 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

Although our government often gives controversial statement about new restrictions due to Covid, they will let us fully open our business starting from tomorrow. That's very good news because we can rehire our workers we had to dismiss earlier. :) 

Just keep everbody safe ? and help them to get vaccinated if they aren't yet  ?

On 8/30/2021 at 5:33 AM, Electroraptor said:

Thank you! It's my work, token by Canon EOS70D, Fisheye, this summer in Central Czechia ;) I chase the storms maybe over 10 years, and I totally love it. 

Very Nice!!! You captured the natural beauty and power! I feel a sense of wonder, longing and dread all at once.

In America, we have killer storms and tornadoes far too often. Recently we've have 4 tornados in the tri-state area (east coast New York, New Jersey, Connecticut area) all 4 tornados in one day in the Jersey area. 

They r still looking for people who drowned from flooding and from the damage of heavy winds.. Mother Nature gives and takes and gives again in abundance. 

On 8/31/2021 at 7:28 AM, EvalovesEP said:

> They must be. The law says we can't employ non vaccinated people. But if they aren't, we have sweet Gabriela to do it. :D

In my neck of the woods another Covidiot bites the dust. It is as it should be. Still doesn't stop their idiocy from spreading or their covids. Natural selection is a mixed blessing and a curse. Good to know you guys are getting shit done cause I'm bored with the whole covid scene.

2 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

In my neck of the woods another Covidiot bites the dust. It is as it should be. Still doesn't stop their idiocy from spreading or their covids. Natural selection is a mixed blessing and a curse. Good to know you guys are getting shit done cause I'm bored with the whole covid scene.

> I have my personal opinion about it, but I put it at side because people needs jobs to feed their families and they are more important to me than global Covid politics. :)

3 hours ago, Darkpig said:

3 hours ago, EvalovesEP said:

> I have my personal opinion about it, but I put it at side because people needs jobs to feed their families and they are more important to me than global Covid politics. :)

2 hours ago, Darkpig said:

That is the end goal yes.

Just a heads-up guys. COVID discussion is banned on LL and you're pushing the envelope. Please switch tracks.

3 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Just a heads-up guys. COVID discussion is banned on LL and you're pushing the envelope. Please switch tracks.

> Thanks for the warning, Psalam, but my topic wasn't about Covid. It was about helping the people and giving them the jobs during the pandemic. It was necessary to mention why do we do it.