3 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Well there's a waste of an hour.

Ouch, the loss of an hour like that is truly frustrating.  It kinda leaves a person demotivated for the rest of the day.

(Topic change)

Speaking of version numbers, is there a planned point when SL Survival will go to 1.0?

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Also, it seems reasonable the the writing on the licenses wouldn't run in water, and there would be official seals or other parts that are waterproof anyway.

Not reasonable if the guy issuing it doesn't care if it gets damaged. ?

They really have no incentive to put it on good paper or quality ink or really anything. 

I think it should be a given that you take measures to protect your licenses from weather and water, which are not exactly surprises in Skyrim.

Clothing with better coverage will reduce saturation over time, this is already a mechanic of frostfall. 

Simple Slavery ... while we're talking about it ... leaves all the player inventory intact.

I simply don't GET this decision.

It should - always - have gone into a chest in the AH, like an arrest.

Including Quest items.

Return to Riften to collect it from escrow if you ever become free. Maybe pay a fee for release.

agreed, and maybe somethings should be missing... ?

Shouldn't the map and compass also be vulnerable?

Maps you either make yourself or buy from a merchant. So there are market influences for them to be made more sturdy* which do not exist for the licenses. At least this is my thinking on it though I could be talked into letting the wet feature destroy maps. But it would not make sense for wetness to damage a compass. So doing maps would require separating the maps and the compass into two items which is more work for MM1 for not much end value I think. Easier to just say maps are inked on to parchment and then waxed to protect from elements or just inked on to leather. ?

*Also maps are made ahead of time, the licenses are made on the spot. Things like waxing the paper, and/or curing the inks take time which would not be available for an on demand license.

5 minutes ago, Corsayr said:
39 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I think it should be a given that you take measures to protect your licenses from weather and water, which are not exactly surprises in Skyrim.

Clothing with better coverage will reduce saturation over time, this is already a mechanic of frostfall. 

Just to add to this, protecting untreated paper in a society that has not developed reliably water resistant synthetic materials is a lot harder than you would think. Try going to a beach sometime without one of those plastic containers or a zip lock bag. (drawing from personal experience on this one) ?

10 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Speaking of version numbers, is there a planned point when SL Survival will go to 1.0?

Plan. Me?

Eh.... Nope. I just bump up the version number whenever i need to run the update routine because I can't be bothered to create a new game. Which is why the version jumps randomly between updates. 

I have been known to make mod plans though.... In Ms paint....

11 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Plan. Me?

Eh.... Nope. I just bump up the version number whenever i need to run the update routine because I can't be bothered to create a new game. Which is why the version jumps randomly between updates. 

I have been known to make mod plans though.... In Ms paint....

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.625bc59fa67f8b34c8993fcd88d0488f.png

27 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

one of those plastic containers or a zip lock bag

Skyrim has invented the bottle.

People put messages into the SEA in them ... for centuries.

Also ... magic ink!

Dwemer constructs that function for centuries without running out of soulgempower.

Magic traps devices that lie dormant in tombs since a previous age.

But I guess even though they could make an armbinder that will jump onto you after a seven hundred year storage time, they can't make a license container that will resist a water depth of less than a meter.

If you want to believe that disintegrating licenses are plausible, that's your business.

They are, after all, just a tongue-in-cheek mechanic in a fantasy game.

I just don't believe it myself.

People are always with the "they couldn't do this or that at such a time", often ignoring the many solutions that people in times with different technology had to solve their problems. Like keeping your bread fresh for example? Or storing milk without refrigeration. Or operating a continent spanning empire with a complex tax and trade network that lasted for hundreds of years, without the benefit of the typewriter, computer, telegraph, telephone, or 5G mobile.

I could overlook it if I really wanted the mechanic, but in practice it just means you can't go in the water - which you usually can't anyway - because Frostfall.

As for destroying them due to some moderate rainfall... There's no way I could tolerate that.

Because rain in Skyrim is a total surprise to you? It's probably raining in Whiterun when you BUY them.

Or there's that bit where you finish BFB at the start of the game, and you can either swim the lake to get straight to Riverwood, or walk about one thousand miles around. I guess, if you like to make that really annoying and time sinking (and everyone loves a certain amount of really annoying and time sinking) then it's great for that - as that lake is generally swimmable without freezing to death, due to the hunter's fire, etc.

As an aside, you can't trade licensed items with that hunter without bribing him, even though he lives out in the wilds.

Maybe that's OK, but the dialog he uses when he rejects your items ... is sort of out of place.

Of course, if the mechanic was a little different, and the hold officers kept the licenses (because who would give paperwork to a woman?) and you then had to be verified by the license issuer as the recipient, there'd never be a problem with a license ever being spoiled, lost, misplaced, or misattributed ???

I like the idea of that, because your stuff could always be taken at the gate as part of the process and you'd have to go and get it back from the quartermaster. Or maybe you have a mishap on the way?

2 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Bottles break in combat

Never lost a mead, ale or wine in combat yet.

Maybe you should make a mod for that?

You'd need to actually get hit. (My characters usually can't take more than a couple of hits before they're dead, so bottle breaking potential might be low).

And knockdowns would be the most likely time to get something broken.

Maybe a feature to add extra padding/packing to protect important items, like you would use in real life?

Extra weight though.

Would it be fun?

I'm not sure. Depends on how easy it is to use, and how fair it feels.

If you're putting your backpack down before fighting, it probably can't get broken then either.

And of course we have wine and water skins, which are clearly waterproof but less fragile, less weight, and collapsible.

13 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Never lost a mead, ale or wine in combat yet.

iNeed has a feature for waterskins getting damaged in combat... But too many types of bottles, trying to figure out if the player is carrying one would be a hassle. Plus I don't see how it would be fun. 

20 hours ago, Corsayr said:

I don't see how it would be fun. 

I don't see how it would be fun either.

Or I didn't.

Now, I'm not so sure. There's more here than I thought.

So many types of bottles! Exactly!

And then you break a wine bottle in your backpack, and everything you own is soaked in sticky wine and reeks of booze.

Your licenses are ruined. (Or maybe they're the only thing that is saved because you had them in a waterproof leather tube).

Your spare clothes are ruined.

Your clothes have stains on them and smell of stale wine (or ale).

Your map is glued shut, and your compass sticks.

Your precious soap is ruined... (There's another thing that seems highly vulnerable to moisture).

Your scrolls and books are all ruined. (A bag full of ruined books isn't worth much).

That leather armor you collected and cleaned all the bits of dead bandit off are now even less valuable than before.

Your valuable alchemy ingredients ... flowers ... herbs ... dried "things" ... volatile essences ... a complete bees' nest ... all contaminated and useless!!!

Your backpack also smells of wine ... forever ... and people keep mentioning that you smell like an alcoholic whore after a night on skooma and cheap wine.

I guess metal armors, gems and soulstones are easy enough to wash clean, though the smell light linger, even there.

Many foods would also be spoiled, though not the raw ones. Bread, sweetrolls, crostatas, and other nice things would be spoiled though.

I guess you could still eat them if you're desperate enough.

And the delicious Alto vintage you were saving for a post-dragon-slaying celebration is gone too.

Your devious devices would be mysteriously untouched. They're naturally made to be sticky substance repelling, for convenient cleaning in normal use.

And that's not even considering that you now have a pack full of razor sharp shards of broken glass/pottery.

And then there's the possibility of a broken lantern.

Or a broken lantern oil container.

Lantern oil might be even worse than wine in some ways, as it would ruin even raw foods - if we imagine it's something a bit like paraffin rather than purified Horka fat.

iNeed seems to assume you carry waterskins outside your pack though, so they're a little different.

And then all the loot items to help you avoid these issues...

"Dwemer sports water bottle" - aluminium for lightness and lasts a thousand years without even losing its shine!

"Thalmor sandwich box" - no racial impurities will taint their sandwich!*

"Bosmer living bento box" - why wouldn't a race of cannibals have a semi-sentient lunchbox that keeps food fresh and nice to look at?

"Nord jerky" - basically indestructible, the question is, does it eat you, or do you eat it?

"Redguard wine decanter" - it's big, black and curved - just drinking from this thing raises arousal.

"Khajit snack bag" - it's useless for preserving your food, but it's hours of fun to play with.

"Argonian backpack" - not made by Argonians, but from their skins. Beautifully waterpoof in the smelliest of swamps.

"Breton luggage" - complete with smuggling compartments to get things past those pesky gate guards.

"Imperial rations" - so boring that they're only edible after they've been spoiled.

"Orsimer game-toting pole" - carry your hunterborne meats over your shoulder in a manly fashion, and then hit your enemies with them if a fight breaks out (which it will).

"Sheogorrath's Amazing Packing Container" - put things in it and ... take other things out ... whatever you find inside bears no logical relationship to what you put in. Sometimes using it turns you into a butterfly.

* Footnote

Spoiler

The Stormcloaks and the Thalmor ... two sides of the same coin. Both massive racists with a superiority complex.

Well, those might only be available in Troubles of Heroine, but you could make less silly versions if you were really determined.

20 hours ago, mangalo said:

The same kind of happened to me and  I took it as an opportunity to move to SE.  With a humongous load order as I had, it took me one week or two but I got there without losing any mod.

It's a boring step to take as a LE diehard but no regrets so far.  The SKSE plugins and fixes on SE are much welcome.

I Ever Have A Plan to Do, But Since I Used HDT PE Skimpy Outfit That Not Working on SE, (SE Using SMP)

I Still Keep In LE, And I Still Find A Way To Convert The Outfit To Work On SE Anyway. ?

Anyway Are You Tried To Increase Memory Allocation Yet?

I'm Using SSME And I Increase It Beyond Recommended.

It's Really Took Time to Load If You Set It To Recommended Setting.

My Setup:

"NewValue01=0x00000480" 896MB --> I Got CTD If Set This to 500

"NewValue02=0x40000000" 1024MB

And I Rarely Stuck From Infinity Loading Anymore.

Also Avoid Any Orange Checklist ESP File In Wrye Smash. That Indicate Upside-Down Can Also Cause Performance Issues. My Sure All Green Check-List.

Costume "d3dx9_42" From ENB Also Help to Boost Loading And Performance, Even I Totally Disable The Global Effect. I'm Using Wrapper Version.

9 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

While making that and for a while after I was thinking maybe there should be something you could buy to mitigate the risk of licences getting destroyed while wet. 

A leather satchel or something. Is it busywork to buy a satchel for your licences to go in? Shouldn't really cost much since it's just a leather satchel. So would it actually bring anything to the mechanic....?

I've been using backpack containers and that's basically the same function as a satchel, if it starts raining or I need to cross a river on purpose and I'm not getting chased I have to do the busywork of putting the licenses in the backpack, which can lead to me forgetting to take them out as I enter a town and getting all my stuff confiscated, and then having to go reclaim them, since I do have a license. I imagine if I had the buyback option turned on this would actually be even more detrimental, but as it stands that's probably enough hassle.

The wet licenses is a nice mechanic but I think it's perfectly fine as it is right now, anything else would just undermine it further and at that point you might as well just turn the feature off.

3 hours ago, ttpt said:

I've been using backpack containers and that's basically the same function as a satchel,

True enough. 

5 hours ago, Black714 said:

Anyway Are You Tried To Increase Memory Allocation Yet?

I'll give it a whirl when I get back. 

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

"Thalmor sandwich box"

haha

2 hours ago, Black714 said:

You Should Try ENB Too.

They Separate Skyrim.Exe and DX9 Process Into 2 Process.

That' Really Help Boost The Performance, Reduced Bottle Neck, And Reduced Memory Usage.

Oh trust me. I've every patch or fix that was ever posted in the last 10 years. Could even be part of the problem. 

16 hours ago, Corsayr said:

How it started

How it's going

If I forgot to mention it, I am absolutely loving the license getting wet feature. ?

Thanks MM1!

Hey, what is that mod that list the equipped items in the bottom left corner and list the hotkeys in yellow at the middle of the screen?

11 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Oh trust me. I've every patch or fix that was ever posted in the last 10 years. Could even be part of the problem. 

Not really a fix, but I had a broken load order some years ago, in order to load the save I'd first load an initial save on the abandoned cell, and then load my real save from there, this would bypass the infinite loading screen.

So to me it seems like the "scurry home in the rain part" is the fun part of the wet license idea, not necessarily the license being destroyed.  There is something decidedly submissive about being sent running for cover when it starts to rain.   If that's the fun part maybe lean into some other consequence.

-certain clothing/hair/makeup are vulnerable to rain

-rain>mud>hygene (although this would be more a "dont go out" then a "run home")

-body writing washing off? not really my kink but tons of people are into it.

3 hours ago, Fulanoo said:

Hey, what is that mod that list the equipped items in the bottom left corner and list the hotkeys in yellow at the middle of the screen?

The bottom left corner is the widget from Breakable Equipment systems, it is there to tell me the status of all my worn gear. Red means they are currently un-tempered and vulnerable to being destroyed in combat. The yellow is fine tempered (also vulnerable to being destroyed but less so until it is degraded to un-tempered) and colors change based oh higher levels of tempering.

The list of hotkeys is from Widget Mod 

2 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

So to me it seems like the "scurry home in the rain part" is the fun part of the wet license idea, not necessarily the license being destroyed.

You caught me! Yes, exactly that. In fact same goes with almost all the consequences of any mod I have installed. ?

To me the struggle is preventing these little catastrophes or at least trying as hard as I can. 

something decidedly submissive about being sent running for cover when it starts to rain.

yup ?

-certain clothing/hair/makeup are vulnerable to rain

-rain>mud>hygene (although this would be more a "dont go out" then a "run home")

-body writing washing off? not really my kink but tons of people are into it.

I like your train of thought, but these particular ones are less titillating ? 

18 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

I like your train of thought, but these particular ones are less titillating ? 

oh ya, not my most polished ideas for sure. I just see most of the ideas on here coming at it from the angle of  "how can we make destroying licensees logical" rather than "this scurry was fun, how can we make that work"

This only just occurred to me now. Call me slow...

But is there now a er.... "career" in SLS as a cum collector? There aren't (currently) empty cumtainers you can buy. But you could buy cheap ones (goat etc). Empty them. And fill them up with more valuable cum. Sell them back to the vendor and grab some more cheap potions...

Has anyone gone down this path? How much gold can you make? 

In any case, it looks like I'll be added 'spent cumtainers' that can't be reused next update. But working empty ones will be added to vendors instead. 

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

it looks like I'll be added 'spent cumtainers' that can't be reused next update

Is that really necessary? Why create pointless inventory lint. If there's nothing useful left over, don't even make a container.

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

There aren't (currently) empty cumtainers you can buy. But you could buy cheap ones (goat etc). Empty them. And fill them up with more valuable cum.

I have not tried to make money as you described, but I think it makes sense the way it currently works.

Of course, it’s your mod @Monoman1 and it should work the way that you want it to.