I forgot I had another question, about the .xml files, which was for you @dagobaking.

As a matter of fact I was wondering if we can actually edit them while we have the game running in background without the need of shutting it down, and if AAF would be able to read the changes on the fly without any need of restarting the game.

I ask that because as far as I know, having been used to work with XML when I was developing websites with my beloved Flash and my not so beloved Actionscript, for several years several years ago, the changed .xml files were read again in real time everytime an action was called, without refreshing or restarting the brower. Do I remember right? Is this the same scenario? If this is then would be really good news indeed. Thanks.

Cheers again!

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

If you want, I can give you a very simple example.

Pick those XMLs I uploaded, check the GROUND package and compare its animation file with the original SC animation file: you can easily spot the few common parts and the few differences added by me, which are basically: a new ID, to let them identify in a different way, the erased gender specification for M, and the Zaxis offset because it had to move from bed to the ground (Z = vertical, height)

On a side note, it would even be easier than coding... but slower and definetely boring, I tell you.

Where and which ones. I understood some of the xml editing while @dagobaking was discussing the stripping options on discord and I usually can spot some patterns.

I created a 2 guides... 14 pages and a 22 page one... If you are talking about boring.... ;)  Remember reports you needed to make at school ;)  yea... nuff said.

Oh and it wasn't just the writing of the document(s) it was testing and learning and experimenting over quite a few weeks to get to understand what was going on and what was needed to create it. ;)  Not just a document.  Happily my research (and double checks by many on Discord) has led to a solid guide which few have questions on or clarification needs for.  :D

TL;DR I know boring. :P

19 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

Yeah cool, I think there's some stuff on the wiki about it, otherwise its just working out how it works from what you see.

Oops Z axis, I've never done it, so just assume the difference is theheight or thickness of a Female body vs Male. A bit of trial and error.

Give it a go then you will know something more than me about it :)

On the wikki.. must have missed that part.

1 hour ago, Khaahan said:

I still didn't find there any solution to the problem related to the messages of error saying some actors and group of furniture are missing...

There isn't anything you can do to fix this one. It's a bug that I have to fix. I recently got some better information to go on. So, will hopefully have a fix for it some time today.

45 minutes ago, Khaahan said:

As a matter of fact I was wondering if we can actually edit them while we have the game running in background without the need of shutting it down, and if AAF would be able to read the changes on the fly without any need of restarting the game.

No. You would need to restart the game because it only loads and parses the XML at boot-up.

I haven't seen a flash project that reflected live XML changes like that either. Maybe the project you worked on re-loaded the XML each time it executed an action. Or, maybe there was some kind of socket connection to an API.

19 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

There isn't anything you can do to fix this one. It's a bug that I have to fix. I recently got some better information to go on. So, will hopefully have a fix for it some time today.

Alright, thanks Dago. I can handle some pop up messages out of nowhere for a while, all the rest seems working so I'm ok. I trust on you too much to worry.

22 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

No. You would need to restart the game because it only loads and parses the XML at boot-up.

I haven't seen a flash project that reflected live XML changes like that either. Maybe the project you worked on re-loaded the XML each time it executed an action. Or, maybe there was some kind of socket connection to an API.

You're probably right. It's been a while since then... I forgot in a few years all I did learn in many years, I've got more nightmares from that time {Actionscript was.... well.... who knows does know, right?} than memories!!!

Thanks for your feedback of course.

6 hours ago, Hogz50 said:

Okay, thank you for that little gem, lol SEU works again. Talking to codsworth, wow did work. I never talk to codsworth cause  I think he's a C-3PO ripoff personality wise.

Adding to this post everything works again, I still get the error message, I think that's because rename anything still has not updated, so I have it disabled for now..

I don't have "Rename Anything" so I can't speak to that, but I'm glad you got it fixed.

?

2 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Where and which ones.

Here. They are just custom XMLs to work with SavageCabbage animations, they stack with the original files (it doesn't overwrite anything, it will add things). You can easily compare these files with the originals, to see what I modified to obtain a certain result. For example, if you take those coming from the Ground package, they are just moving the same scene from a place (a furniture, like a bed) to another place (the ground), which results in introducing an offset on the Z axis. You can easily see it in the file named (something)_animation. The file name is very important for you to understand what it contains, you will find for example SavageCabbage_animation on the original, and SavageCabbage_Ground_animation in my modified one.

54 minutes ago, Khaahan said:

You're probably right. It's been a while since then...

Probably not important for you, but could help someone.

I noticed that the added custom XMLs (and consequently, I guess, the arrays) are loaded everytime a save is reloaded, which makes things faster for me when I have to try to correct an offset for an animation, introduce new furnitures, new groups, etc. I don't need to quit the game.

9 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

The only problem you should ever have when starting a new game with AAF installed is if you run animations before talking to the Vault-Tec rep.  That part of the quest has all kinds of timers built into it, and animations can mess up the timing.  Once you've picked your SPECIAL stats, you're free to do whatever you want with AAF.

Are you running a non-American version of the game?

?

3 hours ago, A.J. said:

Probably not important for you, but could help someone.

I noticed that the added custom XMLs (and consequently, I guess, the arrays) are loaded everytime a save is reloaded, which makes things faster for me when I have to try to correct an offset for an animation, introduce new furnitures, new groups, etc. I don't need to quit the game.

Alright... so you're contraddictng what @dagobaking said... I hope you're sure about that! Just kidding... that's good news if true, it would be a huge big-time saver, considering how long it takes to me to launch the game.

I will start some experiment as soon as I finished adjusting my mods list to set up my Ultimate FO4!

22 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

Are you running a non-American version of the game?

?

Well I am running an "American" version of the game and haven't had any troubles with the pre-vault animations (after the Special was selected)  Only problems I had were on older versions and related to known bugs that were being worked on. (Pre-clone Player etc) Also I believe there are testers that are from all over the world testing the early versions before public release has been done.  (however, not 100% if they all are using the pre-vault area for testing.)

Is anybody using the F4:SS, Fallout 4 Slavery System mod?

It's an alternative to Just Business, with many more interesting features. I never used it because I didn't manage to use any adult mod before AAF and when I started then Just Business got my attention.

Reading the mod's page I believe I've found many possible interactions with AAF, hence my question to you, folks.

I would give that mod a look, to find out if we can invest our time on that mod. Any feedback?

The mod can be found on LoversLab here:

4 minutes ago, Khaahan said:

It's an alternative to Just Business, with many more interesting features. I never used it because I didn't manage to use any adult mod before AAF and when I started then Just Business got my attention.

Reading the mod's page I believe I've found many possible interactions with AAF, hence my question to you, folks.

I would give that mod a look, to find out if we can invest our time on that mod. Any feedback?

It was last updated over a year ago, on August 7, 2017. The version that is up is incomplete and very buggy.

If / when it gets updated and completed depends on AG12's returning to LL. He got swallowed up by RL...

As far as I am concerned, it is no competition for Just Business. JB is a required part of my lineup.

10 minutes ago, Khaahan said:

It didn't come up while I was working on the Guide.
You might like this as well

24 minutes ago, anghelos92 said:

@dagobaking I think it's time a "victim" parameter, defaulted to none is added to the start sex function and the end events. That parameter could have lots of useful functions that simply tags cannot fullfill.

Hey, I noticed you have a mod for Fallout 4 AAF as well. Are you on discord? (I have a guide and would like to add this to the guides mods list. ;) provided it is very stable that is )

Alright... so you're contraddictng what @dagobaking said... I hope you're sure about that! Just kidding... that's good news if true, it would be a huge big-time saver, considering how long it takes to me to launch the game.

I will start some experiment as soon as I finished adjusting my mods list to set up my Ultimate FO4!

I'm not into flash, action script or whatever, but I feel we're talking about two different things.

Comparing it on how the UI worked in the past: it has some "core" that defines the elements that will appear on the screen, and those are obviously loaded when you start the game. Then, some parameters (i.e. variable values) can be passed to the "structure" of the UI, it'll be refreshed and will show these values. Then, ok, we also had the possibility to inject code directly at runtime, but this is something that came out only recently, so let's forget about this last detail.

To explain with a practical example: I can tell the UI "here, write a list of elements in this part of the screen", and this will be defined only when the game starts. Then, I can fill an array with the list of elements that will be present in that list, and show them, and this can be done every time I load the game, or more in general every time I want to call that function.

However, I though it was quite obvious, that when you load the game it is loading the files, parsing them and elaborate the datas it finds inside of them, didn't you notice what it writes on the screen everytime you reload, and how it stops highlighting the issue if it finds some?

I may have miscommunicated.

The XML does get re-loaded on every save game load (or new game start).

1 hour ago, anghelos92 said:

@dagobaking I think it's time a "victim" parameter, defaulted to none is added to the start sex function and the end events. That parameter could have lots of useful functions that simply tags cannot fullfill.

I don't think that "victim" would make sense in a non-adult context. But, I can try to think of something.

This seems like something that a mod using AAF could track on its side.

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I may have miscommunicated.

The XML does get re-loaded on every save game load (or new game start).

I don't think that "victim" would make sense in a non-adult context. But, I can try to think of something.

Yes but the trick is getting that field to other mods that want to read it :)
We could set up a system where mods call a scene to start but other mods handling things like orgasms or fatigue decide when the scene ends. Possibly even locking out player control in unconsentual situations.

1 hour ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

I'm having an issue. My character isn't stripping during sex scenes and the genitals (at least for super mutants) aren't switching over to the erect version.

For both I'd advise you to reinstall AAF and make sure you have the stripping turn on in the install dialogue. (as well for the creature support selected)

Then Install the AAFCP patch and make sure you have the proper  selection of mods you are currently using selected.

Those two are the most likely reasons.

At least if that doesn't work others that might support this and try to help resolve the issue can rule those out. ;):D

6 hours ago, Khaahan said:

I've used it, I think JB is much more user friendly, and IMO the controllability of what your captives do and where they do it is easier to manage. hence  placing prostitutes in the dugout inn. Its like planting money trees in the long run. I've collected 70.000 caps off 5 prostitutes in diamond city alone  then moved on to cleanup in good neighbor. So Just business has its benefits.

4 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I’m glad AAF is a generic animations framework, for all animations, not just sex. I think it should remain that way. It’s very powerful and versatile. 

From a software engineering perspective, what we need is AAF to remain just an animation framework, and a separate sex framework mod that wraps around AAF, using AAF to trigger sex animations. The sex framework mod can take care of sex context, like who’s the victim, what type of sex it was (tags), etc. mods will trigger sex by calling an API provided by the sex framework mod, instead of calling AAF directly. That would be very neat, and would solve the issue of trying to include these sex-related features in AAF 

5 hours ago, Halstrom said:

Yes but the trick is getting that field to other mods that want to read it :)

Another mod could use keywords for this. The same model that AAF uses for AAF_ActorBusy

1 hour ago, twistedtrebla said:

From a software engineering perspective, what we need is AAF to remain just an animation framework, and a separate sex framework mod that wraps around AAF, using AAF to trigger sex animations.

I think that's a great idea. The supporting XML files needed to use all of AAF features does need someone or a group to put together and maintain. Altogether, making those is pretty involved. Like designing part of a game (essentially writing the rules). AAF just executes the rules given to it.

New AAF Posted:

## [Beta 25] - 2018-10-07
### Fixed
- Issue with Nora and Nate default outfit equipment handling.
- Issue causing Error 039 when a furniture was searched for and not found. Thanks to Egoballistic for helping to set up a test for this.
- Install success message box showing null for GUI visibility toggle key.