7 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I may have miscommunicated.

The XML does get re-loaded on every save game load (or new game start).

I don't think that "victim" would make sense in a non-adult context. But, I can try to think of something.

This seems like something that a mod using AAF could track on its side.

Maybe call it forced receiver, or forced passive actor, you could put this the very last parameter and default it to none to not hurt the sensibility of anyone, forcing anyine to use it. 

4 minutes ago, anghelos92 said:

Maybe call it forced receiver, or forced passive actor, you could put this the very last parameter and default it to none to not hurt the sensibility of anyone, forcing anyine to use it. 

The application isn't really an issue. The entry function uses a struct. So, any number of new settings can be added without having to add to the function parameters.

But, it still seems out of place there. There is just no generic meaning. Why not put a keyword on the actor right before calling the scene. Then polling through the actors after to see if they have the keyword?

8 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Hey, I noticed you have a mod for Fallout 4 AAF as well. Are you on discord? (I have a guide and would like to add this to the guides mods list. ;) provided it is very stable that is )

No guide until the mod will be finished, but thank you for the offer, when it will be finished I wll :)

17 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

The application isn't really an issue. The entry function uses a struct. So, any number of new settings can be added without having to add to the function parameters.

But, it still seems out of place there. There is just no generic meaning. Why not put a keyword on the actor right before calling the scene. Then polling through the actors after to see if they have the keyword?

Because this you say could be valid only for sex started by my mod, how can i tell other mods intentions? By tge way i think this can have uses for other applications...like force the specified actor in a specified role...i had reports i.e. that female players are always treated in female role...with this parameter it could be specified that the other actor must be in female role even if the player is a female.

Edit: by the way i don't agree on the out of place, i mean if you want to keep this as strictly non adult then i understand but every sexual animation framework i remember, from sexout to sexlab to four play had that information, remarking the necessity for it. Until we don't have access to that this animation framework will be insufficient for sexual mods, an interface, as suggested by twistedtrebla would be ok, but will have hard time to traslate the "victim" information for your framework and the actual system of tags, I actually already do this with the dom tags but it's limited and insufficient.

11 minutes ago, anghelos92 said:

Edit: by the way i don't agree on the out of place, i mean if you want to keep this as strictly non adult then i understand

I do want to keep it strictly non adult.

I hear you that this is an important piece of the puzzle for what you want to do. And I agree that tags aren't really right for this either. But, I don't understand why the keyword model I proposed wouldn't accomplish the goal?

43 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

But, I don't understand why the keyword model I proposed wouldn't accomplish the goal?

Because if RSE (or any other aaf child mod that start  sex) start sex in which the player is the victim how can I tell this? Unless you mean you make a keyword that RSE manually imports and adds to the actor before sex...then the problem would arise on the fact that i imagine your mod should check for these keyword and remove after sex, but if you do right after sex mods may not have time to do calculations at the animation end event, they should then do it at the animation start event and this would be limited as well

8 hours ago, twistedtrebla said:

I’m glad AAF is a generic animations framework, for all animations, not just sex. I think it should remain that way. It’s very powerful and versatile. 

From a software engineering perspective, what we need is AAF to remain just an animation framework, and a separate sex framework mod that wraps around AAF, using AAF to trigger sex animations. The sex framework mod can take care of sex context, like who’s the victim, what type of sex it was (tags), etc. mods will trigger sex by calling an API provided by the sex framework mod, instead of calling AAF directly. That would be very neat, and would solve the issue of trying to include these sex-related features in AAF 

Gonna be honest I always felt like sexlab tracked and tried to control too many things. I'm also for keeping AAF friendly for any kind of mod. :)

7 hours ago, dagobaking said:

- Issue causing Error 039 when a furniture was searched for and not found. Thanks to Egoballistic for helping to set up a test for this.

What was causing the error?

6 hours ago, anghelos92 said:

Because if RSE (or any other aaf child mod that start  sex) start sex in which the player is the victim how can I tell this? Unless you mean you make a keyword that RSE manually imports and adds to the actor before sex...then the problem would arise on the fact that i imagine your mod should check for these keyword and remove after sex, but if you do right after sex mods may not have time to do calculations at the animation end event, they should then do it at the animation start event and this would be limited as well

AAF is open enough that any sex framework could be built to coincide with it. It already has checks for when an animation is called, started, and stopped, so I don't see the difficulty in checking that for your mod (idea). Besides, AAF is like Sexlab and OSA: it doesn't do anything on its own unless a mod (or the player via the wizard) calls for it to do something.

9 hours ago, RowanSkie said:

I wonder, has anyone used AAF to add more idles to the NPCs?

I think you mean has AAF been used to play random solo animations when actors are standing around?

If so, no, I don't think that anyone has done that. It can be done. And there are some interesting things that can be done with that through AAF. For example, you could have NPC randomly do a certain animation that would be signal to players that they can go up to and "join" the animation.

I think you would want to target the context for when that happens rather than just when actors aren't busy though (which is the concept of "idle").

9 hours ago, anghelos92 said:

Any mod that adds the keyword can also listen for OnAnimationStop events and remove the keyword then.

There wouldn't be a down-side that I can see for mods needing to know about mod-specific actor states to place and remove those keywords independently.

If there is a wrapper mod as twistedtrebla suggested, multiple mods could use the same keyword(s) similar to how the AAF_ActorBusy keyword is designed to be referred to by multiple mods.

2 hours ago, Gulfwulf said:

What was causing the error?

When the StartScene function was called in areas where no registered furniture was detected by the scan, it returned a blank result (which looked to AAF like a furniture with a form ID of 0). So, I added a check to skip and ignore results with a formID of 0.

9 hours ago, anghelos92 said:

One thing that I could do is to add a generic "meta" string that can be filled out as a setting. Then that gets sent back out with animation events.

Then mod authors could devise a system for tracking information in that string however they need.

9 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

One thing that I could do is to add a generic "meta" string that can be filled out as a setting. Then that gets sent back out with animation events.

Then mod authors could devise a system for tracking information in that string however they need.

Thank you Dagobaking, but let's assume this will remain strictly non sexual as you want and the loverslab community creates an universal interface wrapper for your mod, eliminating the need of the victim information at your level, how then would the interface communicate to your mod to force an actor to be in a specified role? We are speaking just theoretically, are there in your mods systems to specify a "female" and a "male" role? I mean, let's talk about hugs (so non striclty sexual) is there a way to specify to your mod who is hugged and who is doing the hugging? Because if there already are such systems we're already ok!

1 hour ago, anghelos92 said:

Thank you Dagobaking, but let's assume this will remain strictly non sexual as you want and the loverslab community creates an universal interface wrapper for your mod, eliminating the need of the victim information at your level, how then would the interface communicate to your mod to force an actor to be in a specified role? We are speaking just theoretically, are there in your mods systems to specify a "female" and a "male" role? I mean, let's talk about hugs (so non striclty sexual) is there a way to specify to your mod who is hugged and who is doing the hugging? Because if there already are such systems we're already ok!

Yes. You can specify gender designations for roles in an animation.

You can also control the role based on the order that actors are sent in vs the order that animations have used.

15 hours ago, dagobaking said:

New AAF Posted:

## [Beta 25] - 2018-10-07
### Fixed
- Issue with Nora and Nate default outfit equipment handling.
- Issue causing Error 039 when a furniture was searched for and not found. Thanks to Egoballistic for helping to set up a test for this.
- Install success message box showing null for GUI visibility toggle key.

Hey Thanks!

I think there is a bug with supermutant actors, it was also in beta 24 (working in beta 23), they gather and strip and then AAF error [0011], action id "activity 2" not started followed by a hang, also would be nice if clicking the okay button would cancel the animation so the game didn't freeze :P.

15 hours ago, anghelos92 said:

Because this you say could be valid only for sex started by my mod, how can i tell other mods intentions? By tge way i think this can have uses for other applications...like force the specified actor in a specified role...i had reports i.e. that female players are always treated in female role...with this parameter it could be specified that the other actor must be in female role even if the player is a female.

Edit: by the way i don't agree on the out of place, i mean if you want to keep this as strictly non adult then i understand but every sexual animation framework i remember, from sexout to sexlab to four play had that information, remarking the necessity for it. Until we don't have access to that this animation framework will be insufficient for sexual mods, an interface, as suggested by twistedtrebla would be ok, but will have hard time to traslate the "victim" information for your framework and the actual system of tags, I actually already do this with the dom tags but it's limited and insufficient.

s you say there is no way currently to know which actor is the receiver unless the calling mod sets some flag somehow, so till a system is added I am going to assume the first actor is the receiver as far as sperm goes. Some animation packs just may become unusable if they are not set up that way, but that's up to them to sort later. What I might do is add keywords in STATS we can add to Givers and Receivers and Forced in the next STATS update this week which will hopefully work for multiple actors so we can then tell which actor decides to end the Scene. We won't be able to support FMFM animations any other way, so animators are going to have to limit the animations to one receiver per scene and run multiple scenes instead which so far is the case. Unfortunately my scripting skill isn't good enough to deal with further complexity. Till then to know if its a forced animation or not we will have to just look at the other actors races and fudge something from that.

14 hours ago, anghelos92 said:

No guide until the mod will be finished, but thank you for the offer, when it will be finished I wll :)

I was saying... add you to the AAF NSFW guide (that is already here) so that people can see your mod as well as others. That is if it is ready for mass consumption :D  Sorry for any confusion.

1 hour ago, Nosimo said:

Hey Thanks!

I think there is a bug with supermutant actors, it was also in beta 24 (working in beta 23), they gather and strip and then AAF error [0011], action id "activity 2" not started followed by a hang, also would be nice if clicking the okay button would cancel the animation so the game didn't freeze :P.

That comes from an animation pack referencing the sample XML. Should go away once you install the sample XML files. But, preferrably, the animation pack XML is updated to not refer to it.

On 10/8/2018 at 12:05 AM, fred200 said:

It was last updated over a year ago, on August 7, 2017. The version that is up is incomplete and very buggy.

If / when it gets updated and completed depends on AG12's returning to LL. He got swallowed up by RL...

As far as I am concerned, it is no competition for Just Business. JB is a required part of my lineup.

So do I, I keep Just Business as essential part of my gameplay by now. As a matter of fact I don't use it exclusively for sex, usually I don't involve the player with them, they have mostly sex with each other {and they do that a lot, I can tell} or other NPCs when in Prostitution mode.

Anyway I use it also as an alternative followers-companions system, my hope is to turn the "slaves" or "victims" {I dislike both terms actually but we all need definitions to not get confused} in my very personal "all females" squad/army. I would like to create a sorta faction which I imagine going into contraposition with existent one.

In my previous character I started the Nuka World DLC to figure out what could be done with that, which potential new storylines which could take form from there. A sorta trasversal story that involves all the DLCs.

What I would be happy to accomplish so far, by the way, is to finally get FO4 working to perfection as it is and just after that start thinking about a project with the potential of DLC size mods like MIAMI and HAWAII.

I had a similar idea for Skyrim inspired to the Vampire/Lycans and Daedric artifacts side of the game imagining a Skyrim centuries later on, a Skyrim odf the future where cities and castles are ancient ruins and modern architectures. I had a name for it, which was Skyrim Underworld. Unfortunately Skyrim has become too complex for me and the idea is in standy or gone for good, because Fallout started taking my interest for its potentialities.

Speaking of potentialities and Fallout I believe AAF is not about sex, in a rightful way, because I believe can be used for much more. I wonder for example how would work in the creation and development of an alternative potential combat system, for example, which is something FO4 is missing, probably not in the measure Skyrim does anyway. I would gladly see AAF into Skyrim for example, just in these terms.

On 10/8/2018 at 12:07 AM, RitualClarity said:

It didn't come up while I was working on the Guide.
You might like this as well

Yes, I saw it and honestly that mod has too much for me, too much to handle and really folow. I felt lost even only reading what it was all about!

This is kinda strange. So, I have cleaned my save in accordance to the instructions in the AAF guide, but the end result was that AAF stopped working alltogether (no AAF loading upon save load). I backtracked and loaded a save that was not cleaned in accordance with the instructions, and it seemed to be fine - However, once an animation was finished, the actors did not re-equip their armours.

Any ideas what's wrong with this picture?

Thanks in advance!

Hey DK,

I don't know if you want this bug posted here or on the tracker, but I've run into an interesting one while testing out the wizard to see if I got that 104 error: I selected Piper and myself (male character) and started one of Rufgt's furniture animations (the cunnilingus). Everything was working properly until my caravaner showed up - my character left Piper and started one of Leito's animations with the caravaner. I had to press end twice to stop both animations - Piper kept animating while my character was with the caravaner and the later kept animating after I stopped the original one. I'll test this using IL:R to see if my character stops hugging/kissing Piper when another actor enters the area. This was at Red Rocket just outside of Sanctuary and my caravaner is my only settler living there.