New question: Is there any way to clone or list all the AAF compatible furniture objects into their own workshop menu? Maybe using Settlement Menu Manager or the like? ... My current workflow when building a settlement or furnishing Home Plate or Vault 88 is to just place down a bunch of items from a given category (chairs, for example), launch AAF to test them, and then scrap all the ones that aren't functional.

That's really wasteful and time consuming, playing on Survival without cheating in a bunch of resources. I know a few items I can use from memory now, but there are still so many others that surprise me in the world, but then I can't find the right piece back again when I want to build it in my own settlements.

3 hours ago, TheCaptn said:

New question: Is there any way to clone or list all the AAF compatible furniture objects into their own workshop menu? Maybe using Settlement Menu Manager or the like? ... My current workflow when building a settlement or furnishing Home Plate or Vault 88 is to just place down a bunch of items from a given category (chairs, for example), launch AAF to test them, and then scrap all the ones that aren't functional.

That's really wasteful and time consuming, playing on Survival without cheating in a bunch of resources. I know a few items I can use from memory now, but there are still so many others that surprise me in the world, but then I can't find the right piece back again when I want to build it in my own settlements.

That would be very useful.

29 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I agree that would be useful. But, I feel that it's outside the scope of the direct framework. I think that the data needed for someone to make it as an add-on mod is there in the AAF init event...

Oh yeah, you definitely don't want to start adding SMM as a requirement for the core AAF experience. I definitely get that... But if someone who knows what an "init event" is could mod-mod it, that would be just super duper. :D

19 hours ago, Campbell said:

This happens to me if i use tfc in the console while an animation is running on the player.

I only seem to get it after an animation. Reloading a savegame does not fix it either, I have to actually exit and start the game again.

On 10/14/2018 at 1:19 PM, dagobaking said:

I believe there is a setting to turn it on.

Yes. Please see what I post. I turn it on, it does not work. Another setting not in wiki?

I try:

<setting id="remove_pipboy" value="false"/> <!-- If true, the pipboy is removed from the player character during animations. -->

I also try:

<setting id="disable_equipment_handling" value="true"/> <!-- Turn off all equip and unequip changes by AAF -->

EDIT: Version 25b, new game

2 hours ago, RockMic said:

what does this mean to you.

How do I solve?

20181016053023_1.jpg

"activity2" was referenced inside a XML of an animation package, but it was never defined. I think you can solve installing the Sample XML in the AAF package.

On 10/14/2018 at 2:30 PM, popvirus2 said:

I must have something wrong then...when Ivy and I GET IT ON, dogmeat can/will move one or both actors involved when he runs into us...I really think Dogmeat just wants to get into the action... the only time my alignments are not interfered with is when the animation takes place on a bed...

I use a no collision mod in SSE so I will figure it out....

great work

pops

You need the no collision mod if your using 4Play, but not if your using AAF.....

?

On 10/15/2018 at 5:39 AM, dagobaking said:

I agree that would be useful. But, I feel that it's outside the scope of the direct framework. I think that the data needed for someone to make it as an add-on mod is there in the AAF init event...

You might consider putting AAF in MCM.........We need a toggle to disable notifications.

I disabled AAF to work on something, and after re-enabling it, all I get is actor notifications all over the place. A few location notifications too. I didn't have ANY errors before disabling it.

NOTE: The animations still run in spite of this, but I run the risk of accidentally shooting someone, and there are ALOT of notifications.

?

EDIT: Ok, nothing worked, had to roll back to 23, AND roll back several saves before it would stop. VERY ANNOYING.

?

12 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Pretty sure that's Skyrim, not Fallout 4. "Stretch to Infinity" hassn't been seen.......At least not by me.

?

whatever it was it fixed itself

or i fixed it when i set disable_morph_copying to true ???

8 hours ago, VonHelton said:

You might consider putting AAF in MCM.........We need a toggle to disable notifications.

I don't want to add another dependency to AAF by adding MCM.

But, I made an API for the settings so that someone can make an MCM for AAF that would be an add-on.

8 hours ago, VonHelton said:

I disabled AAF to work on something, and after re-enabling it, all I get is actor notifications all over the place. A few location notifications too. I didn't have ANY errors before disabling it.

NOTE: The animations still run in spite of this, but I run the risk of accidentally shooting someone, and there are ALOT of notifications.

?

EDIT: Ok, nothing worked, had to roll back to 23, AND roll back several saves before it would stop. VERY ANNOYING.

?

This doesn't sound like an AAF bug. Sounds like notifications were turned off, animation packs/XML with some issues were installed, then notifications were turned on that revealed those issues.

17 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I don't want to add another dependency to AAF by adding MCM.

But, I made an API for the settings so that someone can make an MCM for AAF that would be an add-on.

I'd need to look into it, but I don't believe having an MCM makes it a requirement: if MCM is loaded, then the menu entry will show up in it. If it isn't loaded, then nothing happens.

I just checked and MCM does not have a plugin at all.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

This doesn't sound like an AAF bug.

I do not wish to deny you the SHEER JOY I had, so here's how to repeat it:

Go into NMM or MO & uncheck/disable AAF & any/all dependencies. (Animation mods, SEU, FPE, etc)

Go into the game & save.

Go BACK into NMM or MO & turn everything back on.

Go back into the game & enjoy!

?

On 10/13/2018 at 5:03 PM, Ruse said:

Latest AAF, pipboy always unequip during Thrax pose.

I try:

<setting id="remove_pipboy" value="false"/> <!-- If true, the pipboy is removed from the player character during animations. -->

I also try:

<setting id="disable_equipment_handling" value="true"/> <!-- Turn off all equip and unequip changes by AAF -->

Please if another option link to wiki. I look but I see nothing.

5 hours ago, Gulfwulf said:

I'd need to look into it, but I don't believe having an MCM makes it a requirement: if MCM is loaded, then the menu entry will show up in it. If it isn't loaded, then nothing happens.

I just checked and MCM does not have a plugin at all.

That could be. From memory, it seems like mods that use it are always waiting for it to update before releasing new versions.

But, my approach to UX for AAF is to not include in-game settings unless they need live visual feedback. I like the advantages of keeping that kind of config in text / XML / ini format.

3 hours ago, VonHelton said:

I do not wish to deny you the SHEER JOY I had, so here's how to repeat it:

Go into NMM or MO & uncheck/disable AAF & any/all dependencies. (Animation mods, SEU, FPE, etc)

Go into the game & save.

Go BACK into NMM or MO & turn everything back on.

Go back into the game & enjoy!

?

That sounds like a way to break a save...?

1 hour ago, Ruse said:

Please if another option link to wiki. I look but I see nothing.

The remove_pipboy setting became broken. I fixed it already. So, will be available in future builds.

26 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

That could be. From memory, it seems like mods that use it are always waiting for it to update before releasing new versions.

It uses F4SE, so that's probably what you're thinking of, DK. As for the rest, I can understand not wanting a MCM entry since you already have external files to handle that.