Beta 24 posted.

## [Beta 24] - 2018-10-04
### Fixed
- Issue preventing locationObject from working.
- Issue with ESL not working when more than one installed.
- Issue with entering power armor after animations. Now actors only re-enter power armor if AAF caused them to exit power armor.

### Added
- furniturePreference setting to SceneSettings. This allows you to control how likely a furniture animation will be chosen over a ground animation. See docs for SceneSettings.
- default_furniture_preference to AAF_settings.xml. Defines the default furniturePreference value to use.
- Optimization to speed up furniture search through API.

### Changed
- Default wizard_search_area value from 1000 to 500 (trying to minimize scenes starting on different building levels)
- Compatibility for Fallout 4 - 1.10.114 / F4SE - 0.6.13 / LooksMenu - 1.6.12

1 hour ago, Dat Cake said:

They (Bethesda) broke my install with their auto update unfortunately(thought I had disabled auto updates too..).. after updating MCM, XDI, F4SE, voice pitch mod, etc what will I need to update probably? After looksmenu gets updated will I need to find something for llfp? Will AAF need an update? RSE/MCG? Beth has done such a number on my install I have no clue what to do anymore.

Not to be that guy, but technically it's Steam that's at fault here, not Bethesda. Steam has such a vague/counter-intuitive way of "preventing" auto-updates on games. My recommendation is to never launch any of Bethesda's games using the original Steam launcher, and instead always use the SKSE/F4SE executable, and even more preferably, through a mod organizer like MO2 or NMM. The only time you should ever use the original Steam launcher is if you need to edit some graphics settings for the game, but even then, always defer to an exe backup mod such as this: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26956 so you'll always have an old version to go back to if you accidentally update for whatever reason.

EDIT: And yes, as dagobaking pointed out, LooksMenu will need to be updated. But the good news is that the authors of popular mods such as LooksMenu are usually on top of things so give it a day or two and everything should be back in working order.

10 hours ago, dagobaking said:

- furniturePreference setting to SceneSettings. This allows you to control how likely a furniture animation will be chosen over a ground animation. See docs for SceneSettings.
- default_furniture_preference to AAF_settings.xml. Defines the default furniturePreference value to use.

This appears to be throwing out an error if there aren't any animations that use furniture installed. Is there a way to have this disabled by default?

4 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Odd. It has been updated with a new file. But, the version still says .11

The main page says .11 but the downloads page says .12.

Maybe a Nexus bug or the author forgot to change it.

I'm not able to check in-game at this moment since I haven't updated my game (some mods haven't been updated accordingly).

I'm confused sorry. If I installed this version of AAF, but am getting crashing errors now 50% chance on load, which loose files might still be around causing it? I had the proxy version with the four_play.esp and the scripts/four_play/main.pex

Everything was working fine previously with no crashes. I really regret not making my app manifest read only to disable steam updates permanently before this. +_+

What files became not needed now? Did I miss updating something important? Is it an orphaned script.. like was I supposed to reset something before the update? (sorry couldn't.. didn't get to choose when I had to swap to new versions of things because of steam).

Any solutions to the random crashing on load would be very very helpful. Thank you, sorry.

In addition, it seems to be stable once loaded if it loads. 

Also does it require clean save from this version and previous?

After updating to newer version from nexus i can no longer use the shuffle key for animation normally in the older version you can use the arrow key but the arrow key is not working with the newest version ?? do you really need 1.10.114 ? what happened to 1.10.111 is this why the shuffle key is not working ??

17 minutes ago, D_ManXX2 said:

After updating to newer version from nexus i can no longer use the shuffle key for animation normally in the older version you can use the arrow key but the arrow key is not working with the newest version ?? do you really need 1.10.114 ? what happened to 1.10.111 is this why the shuffle key is not working ??

Use the pg up and down keys now instead, its mentioned in the update notes

9 hours ago, dagobaking said:

What type of error?

This is a bug that will need to be fixed.

Here's a screenshot. I'm using Flashy's autonomy enhanced plus the AAF patches for Leito's animations, but this error didn't start showing up until this last AAF update.

1690091515_AAFerror.jpg.1af6890bd98f861d6f5e8377859d43a9.jpg

10 hours ago, Gulfwulf said:

This appears to be throwing out an error if there aren't any animations that use furniture installed. Is there a way to have this disabled by default?

I wasn't able to reproduce this.

Can you give more information about what the error was and which steps led to it?

On the other hand, I did see one issue come up where equipmentSets were not applied to Nora and Nate in the opening game phase. I THINK it has to do with the names being blank and not having "Rename Anything" installed.

6 minutes ago, Gulfwulf said:

Here's a screenshot. I'm using Flashy's autonomy enhanced plus the AAF patches for Leito's animations, but this error didn't start showing up until this last AAF update.

Does a regular ground animation occur despite the error?

31 minutes ago, Gulfwulf said:

I posted a screenshot of the error. It only pops up currently when Autonomy Enhanced finds two actors for sex scenes. The scenes still animate just fine, but I get that error every time. I'm also using Rufgt's animation pack.

Hm. I thought maybe this had to do with setting "preventFurniture" to True. But, the error did not appear then either.

I'm not sure now that the cause is using packs with only ground animations. I need the cause to be narrowed down a bit further to reproduce with direct tests (reproducing with alterations to the AAF quickscene button).

Thanks for the fast updates for the mods btw, umm, would anyone know how to troubleshoot an install that was working fine before the new fallout 4 update/ new mods?

It only crashes roughly 50% of the time. I can't seem to get any meaningful logs to show like in older games.

When I rarely can get the game to not crash, I get the same error if I try an animation that Gulfwulf is. It eventually does start though!

2 minutes ago, Dat Cake said:

Thanks for the fast updates for the mods btw, umm, would anyone know how to troubleshoot an install that was working fine before the new fallout 4 update/ new mods?

It only crashes roughly 50% of the time. I can't seem to get any meaningful logs to show like in older games.

When I rarely can get the game to not crash, I get the same error if I try an animation that Gulfwulf is.

I would start by checking the dates on all the DLLs in your F4SE plugins folder. If any are dated before the update - they are suspect. Check their forum page.

I think it may be this setting:

<setting id="default_furniture_preference" value="75"/> <!-- A percentage (0-100). This is the chance that AAF will select a furniture over the ground for an animation location. Note: can be over-ridden by mods calling animations. -->

I'll change it to 0 to see if that fixes anything.

So I've been using the wiki to figure out how to create native AAF mods, and I've got it working where I have the stuff from the QUEST SCRIPTS TAB SCRIPT TEMPLATE In my Quest script, and a working dialogue fragment using: AAF:AAF_API.GetAPI().StartScene(actors)

It works. Great, this will be a piece of cake I think. However Today I try to set it up so I can change some settings in an individual fragment (IE: different duration or, tags, or whatever) So I look up the stuff about the Settings struct and I can't for the life of me get this to work. Do I put it in the quest script? In the fragment? Either way, it won't compile as presented in the wiki.

I realize I might not be the most coherent in explaining this but I'd really appreciate an idiots guide of how to change a couple of settings in an individual fragment. Thanks.

@Tentacus This is call I did within a quest and then I have other scripts reference the quest and call this function, so I can centralize the  sex call.   But the code in the function itself is self contained to make the call to AAF so you should be able to put something similar directly into a fragment.  This doesn't register any of the AAF event callbacks.  It just set the settings and call start scene.

Function StartSex (Actor a0, Actor a1 = None, bool isRape = false, float dur = 30.0)
	AAF:AAF_API AAF_API = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000F99, "AAF.esm") as AAF:AAF_API
       If !AAF_API
            Debug.Notification("Can't find AAF API.")
            utility.wait(0.1)
        Else
		if a0.HasKeyword(AAF_API.AAF_ActorBusy) || a1.HasKeyword(AAF_API.AAF_ActorBusy)
			Debug.Notification("Actor  is in an AAF scene!")
		else

aaf:aaf_api:SceneSettings settings = AAF_API.GetSceneSettings()
    			settings.duration = dur
    			settings.preventFurniture = True
    			settings.usePackages = False

Actor[] Actors = New Actor [2]
    			Actors[0] = a1
    			Actors[1] = a0

AAF:AAF_API.GetAPI().StartScene(Actors, settings)
		endif
	endif
EndFunction

2 hours ago, Dat Cake said:

When I rarely can get the game to not crash, I get the same error if I try an animation that Gulfwulf is. It eventually does start though!

Sounds like some external issue (F4SE not installed right, corrupt NMM, mod conflicts, potentially broken game files).

Might be best to start from 0 and re-do everything to be honest.

1 hour ago, Gulfwulf said:

I think it may be this setting:

<setting id="default_furniture_preference" value="75"/> <!-- A percentage (0-100). This is the chance that AAF will select a furniture over the ground for an animation location. Note: can be over-ridden by mods calling animations. -->

I'll change it to 0 to see if that fixes anything.

It cant be the setting since I can run StartScene with the same setting and it works.

46 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

So I've been using the wiki to figure out how to create native AAF mods, and I've got it working where I have the stuff from the QUEST SCRIPTS TAB SCRIPT TEMPLATE In my Quest script, and a working dialogue fragment using: AAF:AAF_API.GetAPI().StartScene(actors)

It works. Great, this will be a piece of cake I think. However Today I try to set it up so I can change some settings in an individual fragment (IE: different duration or, tags, or whatever) So I look up the stuff about the Settings struct and I can't for the life of me get this to work. Do I put it in the quest script? In the fragment? Either way, it won't compile as presented in the wiki.

I realize I might not be the most coherent in explaining this but I'd really appreciate an idiots guide of how to change a couple of settings in an individual fragment. Thanks.

Most of the examples in the wiki are meant for a Quest script. You may need to add the full path (ie "AAF:AAF_API.") to reach other objects on that script from a fragment. It also could be a matter of where you have the scripts in your dev environment.

I haven't had to use script fragments much in the mods I've made. So, I can't write from memory all of the requirements there. It can all work. Its just a matter of reading the compiler errors and fixing what its complaining about specifically.