I'm trying to figure out why blacksmiths will remove some regular Devious devices but not others. For example, Alvor just removed  a chastity bra and a gag for 250 gold each but didn't seem to even notice that the character was wearing a chastity harness and slave heels. All of them were non-quest regular Devious Devices. Any idea why this happens?

8 minutes ago, bubba999 said:

I'm trying to figure out why blacksmiths will remove some regular Devious devices but not others. For example, Alvor just removed  a chastity bra and a gag for 250 gold each but didn't seem to even notice that the character was wearing a chastity harness and slave heels. All of them were non-quest regular Devious Devices. Any idea why this happens?

It's on purpose i think, only restraining devices that make playing difficult, you need to find a way out of decorations by other means. I haven't thought of boots as difficult devices myself, sure i greatly upped the chance for tripping, but disabled the slow down from DD.

Thank You for an amazing mod !!!

After reading several posts I couldn't help but put my 2 cents in.  I couldn't have agreed more to your reason for making this mod !!!

I was very happy to read the post about using items from inventory as I love to have special enchantments on items. IE: putting Fucktoy on mipple piercings rather than the bulky collar that comes with the mod, so having a "special" bag to store items to be used would further instill that.

Also please stay true to your roots. I read too many posts that want to make everything harder and there are plenty of mods that will have you too tired to remove and item you have a key for and will get you enslaved if you wear it, but you somehow have energy to go kill dragons?!?!?!?!

Having been around LL for almost a year I see a trend to bring back Q-bert, for those that dont know its a game where you hop around avoiding enemies noone to talk to while trying not to jump of the edge...  what is so wrong with having a little bondage fun with your partner, then returning to normal life ?????

Having done countless play throughs I was getting bored, tired of incomplete/broken mods and was not about to relive the 80's with a q-bert game style. Your mod gave me the happy medium I have been looking for. With the MCM I can let my follower tie me up in the privacy of my home, have some fun with my followers (thanks to enchantments I put on used devices) then continue on actually playing skyrim instead of hopping and avoiding my would be killers. Or I can allow being tied up in town and be the towns fucktoy. With the option to never tie hands, I can still actually play the game and look damn sexy doing it.  :D 

Enough ranting lol    Thank You again for this mod and when your ready and have time I will of course gladly check out any updates you do!!!

1 hour ago, NIkki1564 said:

With the option to never tie hands, I can still actually play the game and look damn sexy doing it.  :D 

Good idea that i never thought about... Leaving hand tying and blindfolds off you can make playtimes much much longer and trigger anywhere. Makes you think twice if you want to get a follower to bodyguard you...

Of course combine that with "Bondage lover" option in Cursed Loot, making you not able to drop restraints.

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

Of course combine that with "Bondage lover" option in Cursed Loot, making you not able to drop restraints.

But that is my point  if you want to be Q-bert then DCL will do that. I just downloaded update for this mod and will see, but there was bondage lover option so you could not refuse to your follower with the items you have in inventory. If you want to spend your game being Q-bert ie: permenantly stuck in bondage(and last time I tried DCL I hopped to 3 blacksmiths and no topic to remove anything and no npc would help) you dont want this mod stick with DCL, unless your only using this mod for immersive reason to spend the entire game hopping around.  Myself there's no point playing skyrim if all you can do is hop around, get raped, get items added till the wolves eat you, or some random bandit kills you. (if you start a DCL CCAS start with low health it is a challange, but not why I load up skyrim) It was so bad I was captured and resent to simple slavery, and had to be sold with DD items left on because they could not remove them. IMO thats taking the whole skyrim bondage too far when I could probably find a rom of q-bert and save myself the headache of getting mods to work together. I did not have this mod installed the last time I tried DCL, but keys were hard enough to come by much less needing 5 per item ???  http://www.freeqbert.org/

11 hours ago, NIkki1564 said:

and last time I tried DCL I hopped to 3 blacksmiths and no topic to remove anything and no npc would help

Npc helpfulness can be configured in MCM, you can even go so easy that every npc you walk to will 100% remove all your restraints and never rape or add more restraints etc.

and had to be sold with DD items left on because they could not remove them.

They can't remove quest items...

but keys were hard enough to come by much less needing 5 per item ???

Again that is fully configurable. Make so every flower you pick has 100% chance to give a key, you can do that if you want but it's a little too easy then? Only things that require 5 keys are the harder chastity belt and some latex suits. You can configure their trap chance really low or even 0%. I know i set other of those suits 0% myself and the second to 4% or so.

All in all the default configs for the mod are pretty harsh, maybe even unplayable. You need to check and understand the meaning of each and every setting. I can recommend disallowing normal traps to give hobble dress btw. And set hobble to not slow you down as much from DD settings.

Oh and Devious Devices has a book in Winterhold which lets you craft keys...

On 1/2/2019 at 1:24 AM, Zaflis said:

It's on purpose i think, only restraining devices that make playing difficult, you need to find a way out of decorations by other means. I haven't thought of boots as difficult devices myself, sure i greatly upped the chance for tripping, but disabled the slow down from DD.

This is almost correct.  I targeted debilitating devices and those with hard-to-reach locks which were prone to "You can't reach it." -> "You are too tired to try again" -> "You will have to accept being bound." but your follower can see clearly, reach easily and isn't tired.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:20 PM, hazell034 said:

thank god you made this mod I was so frustrating getting my armbinded in the middle of a cave adventure. this would be life savor lol

That is why I wrote it:  So my character would not get stopped in her tracks.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:20 AM, NIkki1564 said:

what is so wrong with having a little bondage fun with your partner, then returning to normal life ?????

Nothing!  It happens in real life so why not?

With the option to never tie hands, I can still actually play the game and look damn sexy doing it.  :D

And you can selectively have a gag removed to talk to someone.

On 1/3/2019 at 11:47 AM, NIkki1564 said:

But that is my point  if you want to be Q-bert then DCL will do that. I just downloaded update for this mod and will see, but there was bondage lover option so you could not refuse to your follower with the items you have in inventory. If you want to spend your game being Q-bert ie: permenantly stuck in bondage(and last time I tried DCL I hopped to 3 blacksmiths and no topic to remove anything and no npc would help) you dont want this mod stick with DCL, unless your only using this mod for immersive reason to spend the entire game hopping around.  Myself there's no point playing skyrim if all you can do is hop around, get raped, get items added till the wolves eat you, or some random bandit kills you. (if you start a DCL CCAS start with low health it is a challange, but not why I load up skyrim) It was so bad I was captured and resent to simple slavery, and had to be sold with DD items left on because they could not remove them. IMO thats taking the whole skyrim bondage too far when I could probably find a rom of q-bert and save myself the headache of getting mods to work together. I did not have this mod installed the last time I tried DCL, but keys were hard enough to come by much less needing 5 per item ???  http://www.freeqbert.org/

I originally wrote this as a way to play when DCL was in the game.  It allowed me to get specific problem items removed in a predictable and reasonably reliable way.

I think that a lot of the requests to "toughen it up" are coming from the fact that there is nothing else out there that does this and still works.  Obviously these players think it makes it too easy.  One way to adjust that is to turn on key consumption and then tweak the key drop rate until you find your version of balance.  On my list of ideas is "Involve speech skill and arousal somehow in play time and early release."  I need to sort out just how to do that.  But I think I'll do the toy bag first.  Maybe.  No schedule of course.

A question:

Am I always stripped in the random sessions? Or is it just good/bad luck?

If possibe I woud either prefer

• a random stripping,
  • a "smart" stripping. Perhaps: Stripping only allowed in the default locations ?
  • or have it configurable.

Being stripped in a cleared location can be freeezing cold if you play with frostfall :classic_blush:

6 hours ago, worik said:

A question:

Am I always stripped in the random sessions? Or is it just good/bad luck?

If possibe I woud either prefer

• a random stripping,
  • a "smart" stripping. Perhaps: Stripping only allowed in the default locations ?
  • or have it configurable.

Being stripped in a cleared location can be freeezing cold if you play with frostfall :classic_blush:

The PC is always stripped.  Sounds like another MCM option is needed.  I'll put it on my list.

16 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

But I think I'll do the toy bag first.

the toy bag will be awesome

sometimes my inventory is full of DDs to sell them to Laura, but that a pretty chaotic mix

sometimes my PC has nothing in her inventory so DH just adds the standard stuff

with that toy bag there will be always the best selection of DDs

maybe it's even possible to have different toy bags for different followers?

yes yes I guess that's a technical nightmare

about the helpful followers helping out of devices

that works realy well and I use already the "keys limit the escape" idea

DF has an interesting way to limit the removal of DDs via followers

after they removed 3 DDs they need a rest (not sure if its 6 hours of sleep or less)

like that your DH follower can be limited too if too many keys are in game or just to rise the level of difficulty

right now I can play like that:

key drops are realy low, only save way to get keys is Lauras shop

DF follower will remove up to 3 of the heavier DDs and take a lot of gold for it but don't need keys

if that is used up already and out of keys: play the DF key game

give the keys to a DH follower (because my DDi difficulty settings are rather high so I break keys all the time)

get freed! (again)

or DH followers are unlucky from time to time too and break a key or two^^

On 1/5/2019 at 3:46 AM, TurboNerd said:

But I think I'll do the toy bag first.

One advantage about the toy bag is, that it can solve two things that is odd currently.

• my follower creates devices out of thin air and pure love, even the most expensive and most refined ones
  • I can't select a certain material
4 hours ago, worik said:

One advantage about the toy bag is, that it can solve two things that is odd currently.

• my follower creates devices out of thin air and pure love, even the most expensive and most refined ones
  • I can't select a certain material

These "conjured" items come from one of two conditions:  The player consents to play time but has no restraints in her inventory, or one or more of the "Follower always ..." options are enabled on the "Basic Settings" page and the player does not have one of the corresponding devices in her inventory.  I use DDi's random device picker for selection.

By default the follower equips from inventory so that is a way to pick your items, subject to the limits of what you collect along the way, of course.  The "give me two minutes" dialogue choice was meant to allow you to change the contents of your inventory (or talk to the shop keeper) before being tied up.  However changing what's in your inventory is only possible while at home unless you drop stuff on the floor.

My characters like to be tied up thoroughly during play time which means a lot of stuff in inventory.  They also, thanks to DCL accumulate a lot of stuff they would rather not be forced to wear.  So the toy bag, when I get it done, will become the source of restraints instead of inventory.

9 minutes ago, TurboNerd said:

The "give me two minutes" dialogue choice was meant to allow you to change the contents of your inventory (or talk to the shop keeper) before being tied up.

:classic_lightbulb: That's the trick... ? Stupid me, and I had wondered what's supposed to happen at that end :classic_blush:

• 3 weeks later...

I believe i found a minor bug in the mod.

Spoiler

[01/26/2019 - 07:10:24PM] ERROR: Cannot add a None inventory event filter to this reference alias
stack:
    [alias Player on quest DDH01 (5D000D62)].ddhplayerscript.AddInventoryEventFilter() - "<native>" Line ?
    [alias Player on quest DDH01 (5D000D62)].ddhplayerscript.UpdateEventFilter() - "ddhPlayerScript.psc" Line 19
    [alias Player on quest DDH01 (5D000D62)].ddhplayerscript.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "ddhPlayerScript.psc" Line 29

In Skyrim, you cannot pass NONE to AddInventoryEventFilter, that works only in Fallout 4.

For Skyrim, pass it an EMPTY formlist instead (ie. do not leave property DDHEmpty on ddhPlayerScript uninitialized, but add a new empty formlist, and set the property to point to it).

Had some idea's while trying this mod.

When asking for release more things can happen:

-Add extra restraints

-Add extra time

This could also happen if playtime is over and you select the remove restraints option.

When you are getting tied up but don't have any/enough restraints in your inventory your follower deducts cash for purchase of a bunch of restraints. As an addon to the current 1-3 items you get.

On 2/10/2019 at 10:36 AM, naaitsab said:

Had some idea's while trying this mod.

When asking for release more things can happen:

-Add extra restraints

-Add extra time

This could also happen if playtime is over and you select the remove restraints option. 

When you are getting tied up but don't have any/enough restraints in your inventory your follower deducts cash for purchase of a bunch of restraints. As an addon to the current 1-3 items you get.

In keeping with the voluntary nature of the bondage in this mod, I'm thinking that the penalty for skipping play time or early release is the next play time happens sooner and/or lasts longer.  Don't know when I'll get around to it.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, special said:

@TurboNerd

Are there compatibility issues with DD Helpers dialogue and RDO (Relationship Dialogue Overhaul) ?

I don't seem to ever get the options for:

• I think it's time to relax
• I feel like bring tied up

Could this be because of RDO which I also use?

I just jump in and post this:

I use RDO(+RDO USLEEP patch + NFF overwriting some scripts of RDO) + DH and it works fine, all dialoges show up (relax/feel/"can you help me out")

In load order I have DH below RDO

DDH, by design, uses all it's own quests, containers and scripts.  It does not change or override any other assets.  Dialog added to the follower greeting are done by adding a quest with initial dialogue at the same priority as the standard follower dialogue.  There should be no compatibility issues and the load order with respect to RDO should not matter.

23 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

I just jump in and post this:

I use RDO(+RDO USLEEP patch + NFF overwriting some scripts of RDO) + DH and it works fine, all dialoges show up (relax/feel/"can you help me out")

In load order I have DH below RDO

7 minutes ago, TurboNerd said:

DDH, by design, uses all it's own quests, containers and scripts.  It does not change or override any other assets.  Dialog added to the follower greeting are done by adding a quest with initial dialogue at the same priority as the standard follower dialogue.  There should be no compatibility issues and the load order with respect to RDO should not matter.

I got it to work.

I had used the mod in the past but has been awhile and forgot that you actually have to have the Follower 'follow' the Player to get the options to show up (relax etc) the 'untie' options work with/without follower 'following'.