On 11/26/2018 at 4:06 PM, donttouchmethere said:

woow, that has driven me crazy ?

there is some important change from older DH versions to DH v14+⚠️

< DH v14:

• to end the bondage game (after time runs out or via dialog) "Follower assists with devices" didn't needed to be checked
  • after the time runs out, the escape dialog will show up and PC can ask follower to remove devices
  • I had the FAWD option always offline because I used other mods for escape that arent so easy

> = DH v14:

• "Follower assists with devices" has to be checked or bondage game will never end and the follower will always remove any found keys from the PC
  • debug function "force bondage time end" wont work as long as "follower assists with devices" is deactivated
  • if "Follower assists with devices" isnt checked, the bondage game will run endless and bondage time will be negative, also time till next bondage game will be negative
  • no escape dialog will show up until "Follower assists with devices" is checked
  • keys wont be given back and are lost if "Follower assists with devices" is not ticked and the debug function "force bondage time end" is used
  • DH bondage game will start even if "Follower assists with devices" is not ticked, that might (will) lead to confusion

everything else works fine so far, so its not a real bug, but users need to know that "Follower assists with devices" has to be active or the bondage game will run forever (because it wasnt needed before and the game can start without it ticked)

2029206884_DHMCMsettingchangesv14.jpg.5eef23747fb4a32e49ad4d0e32b447fc.jpg

I didn't test with "Follower assists with devices" turned off.  If this really happened then you can be sure it was not intentional.  I've added it to my list of stuff to investigate, but I have no idea when I will have time to deal with it as my life is being upended at the moment.

9 hours ago, hexenhaus said:

Is the debug option to display debug info in console not working?

Could you add info to the follower dialogue if he/she tries to cut a device or more general what he is doing or trying to do. Maybe show the roll for cutting and such.

The debug info is displayed in the upper left corner and is added to the papyrus logs.  I have no plan to add debug data to the console.  I generally add debug data to find out why stuff isn't working and then remove it once I fix the problem to avoid spam.  I had not thought of it as something for the player.  Some of the decisions you are asking about like "what he is doing or trying to do" are done in the dialogue tree and can be inferred from what the follower says or what choices the player has.  I made note of your request but I don't know what will come of it.

5 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

The debug info is displayed in the upper left corner and is added to the papyrus logs.  I have no plan to add debug data to the console.  I generally add debug data to find out why stuff isn't working and then remove it once I fix the problem to avoid spam.  I had not thought of it as something for the player.  Some of the decisions you are asking about like "what he is doing or trying to do" are done in the dialogue tree and can be inferred from what the follower says or what choices the player has.  I made note of your request but I don't know what will come of it.

In that case I have to report that the debug output, at least in-game, does not work. Tested it several times and while other mods do show console messages, DH does not.

I asked for more info because my PC got locked into full DD gear and my follower would not do a thing to help. So I wondered if she even tried to cut the armbinder at all, before reporting that we lack keys. It must not be a large addition, maybe something like "damn I slipped".

It was kind of frustrating because the whole point of installing was to get a helpful follower. Now I had to take shelter in white hall, Dawnstar from an dragon attack, while fully bound and trying to get any help through random dialogue from random NPCs (DCL/DeviousLore) and scrounge through sacks of grain in hope of finding keys. All while my unbound follower enjoys time with the Slaverun enforcer... and if I leave I die.

13 hours ago, hexenhaus said:

In that case I have to report that the debug output, at least in-game, does not work. Tested it several times and while other mods do show console messages, DH does not.

I asked for more info because my PC got locked into full DD gear and my follower would not do a thing to help. So I wondered if she even tried to cut the armbinder at all, before reporting that we lack keys. It must not be a large addition, maybe something like "damn I slipped".

It was kind of frustrating because the whole point of installing was to get a helpful follower. Now I had to take shelter in white hall, Dawnstar from an dragon attack, while fully bound and trying to get any help through random dialogue from random NPCs (DCL/DeviousLore) and scrounge through sacks of grain in hope of finding keys. All while my unbound follower enjoys time with the Slaverun enforcer... and if I leave I die.

If your follower is in combat or diverted into some sexlab scene by another mod then the "Can you help me" dialog from my mod is simply not available.  That is not entirely my doing.  I just haven't figured out how to kick other mods out of the way yet, like some mods seem to be able to do.

9 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

If your follower is in combat or diverted into some sexlab scene by another mod then the "Can you help me" dialog from my mod is simply not available.  That is not entirely my doing.  I just haven't figured out how to kick other mods out of the way yet, like some mods seem to be able to do.

Your mod is doing it's thing and there is a brief delay, where something is checked by your mod before the follower starts complaining, I just don't know what :D

Just released a quick (where quick means I have not spent much play-time with it) bug fix update.  I think the changes are low risk of breaking anything but who knows?

First, the follower will not ask the PC to start play time if she is busy.  He will wait until she is no longer busy.  Busy is currently defined as:

• Player is sitting in a chair, throne or on a bench.
  • Player is mounted on a horse.
  • Player has a weapon drawn.
  • Player is involved in a Sexlab animation.
  • Player is involved in a Devious Devices (Zad) animation.

The animation detection only works because the mods in question cooperate.  I can't promise to support all possible mods which do animations so you might want to check the debug page for how much "Adventure time" is left before you start playing with something like the new dance mod.

Second, the condition "Follower assists with devices" has been removed from the logic to end play time.  I really don't know what I was thinking when I put it there.  It's likely that I'm not quite done fixing this.

Finally, debug messages from DDH go in exactly two places:  The upper left corner and the Papyrus log file in ...\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script.  They are not supposed to go to the console which is opened by the "~" key (or whatever Skyrim in your country uses for that purpose).

On 11/28/2018 at 3:38 AM, hexenhaus said:

I asked for more info because my PC got locked into full DD gear and my follower would not do a thing to help. So I wondered if she even tried to cut the armbinder at all, before reporting that we lack keys.

Your follower must posses a knife for cutting to be possible, and then only if the keywords on the device allow it.  (The knife can be either standard or dwemmer.  Daggers don't work.)  The standard armbinders do not require keys and the follower can remove them without even a knife.  What armbinder was it (check character's inventory)?  What mod did it come from?  Is that mod updated for DD 4.x?  Note that the Heavy Bondage keyword changed between 3.x and 4.x so DDH followers will not be able to remove wrist restraints from legacy mods.

6 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

thx for the update!

console debug messages are always welcome, more feedback without verbose screen messages

I managed to break the end of play time a lot atm, ggof to know that its from PC being busy

Without watching you play it's hard to tell what broke the end of play time, but you should be able to ask "Please unlock the stuff you locked on me." to get the stuff removed an your keys back.

15 minutes ago, TurboNerd said:

Without watching you play it's hard to tell

you.. you dont want to see that^^

always bussy, same for my followers, just rushing from mod trigger/event to mod trigger/event to see if there are compatibility issues

if nothing interferes DH bondage game end like intended (follower force greet: "I am ready for a new adventure") and keys are given back

question:

does sleeping count as playtime?

so far it looks like it

Your follower must posses a knife for cutting to be possible, and then only if the keywords on the device allow it.  (The knife can be either standard or dwemmer.  Daggers don't work.)  The standard armbinders do not require keys and the follower can remove them without even a knife.  What armbinder was it (check character's inventory)?  What mod did it come from?  Is that mod updated for DD 4.x?  Note that the Heavy Bondage keyword changed between 3.x and 4.x so DDH followers will not be able to remove wrist restraints from legacy mods.

Interesting, I never knew that cutting needed a normal knive and not any sharp weapon. Is that so for your mod or the entire DD framework? 

26 minutes ago, hexenhaus said:
10 hours ago, TurboNerd said:

Interesting, I never knew that cutting needed a normal knive and not any sharp weapon. Is that so for your mod or the entire DD framework? 

No, this is the logic the DD framework uses:

Bool Function HasValidCuttingTool()

; on second thought...this is Skyrim! Does anybody ever NOT carry a blade?
    Return True

EndFunction

3 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

Bool Function HasValidCuttingTool()

Return True

EndFunction

LOL.  Maybe I'm trying too hard.  I can't wait to chop that blindfold off with a battle axe!

Yes sleeping and waiting both count as play time for now.  I've left it that way for now to make my testing and debugging faster.  I'll "fix" it some day.

For now I'm going to look at putting some more bits in the papyrus log so that I have a better chance of sorting where things got derailed.  I also need to adjust the "Can you help me..." logic during play time to use the keys that the follower has borrowed.  And I think it would be good to have a MCM button to force-return the keys should play time go off track.

4 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

... mages, druids , orcs with warhammers, archers, farmers with pitchforks, ... I could name a few.

But it's their own fault NOT to carry a blade, isn't it ? :classic_tongue:

But since we are talking about it. How about those (otherwise useless) embalming tools ?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Tools#Embalming_Tool

xx34cce and xx34cd4 look like they could be put to good use ... :classic_shy:

I have noticed that the "adventure time left" is often a negative value in MCM even shortly after follower has removed all the restraints, and a large one too... -200 or so. I checked 5 seconds later and it was positive value as should. I was still using version 1.04.2 but about ready to start a new game now with latest (beaten DD game's Alduin on master, yay.. and never again). Had another instant second playtime last night, but it's so far never gotten to third round and i just use ingame wait when it happens, because even if i MCM "playtime over" the follower won't approach me.

So i guess playtime change values should be enforced before removing restraints or something. In that save by the end i was still not getting the automated approach for playtime over and it had to be asked from follower. I did go through the MCM debug actions too many days ago (reset was it?) but no help. I really don't think this is just script lag, inside a small room in Breezehome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 4:34 AM, Zaflis said:

I have noticed that the "adventure time left" is often a negative value in MCM even shortly after follower has removed all the restraints, and a large one too... -200 or so. I checked 5 seconds later and it was positive value as should. I was still using version 1.04.2 but about ready to start a new game now with latest (beaten DD game's Alduin on master, yay.. and never again). Had another instant second playtime last night, but it's so far never gotten to third round and i just use ingame wait when it happens, because even if i MCM "playtime over" the follower won't approach me.

So i guess playtime change values should be enforced before removing restraints or something. In that save by the end i was still not getting the automated approach for playtime over and it had to be asked from follower. I did go through the MCM debug actions too many days ago (reset was it?) but no help. I really don't think this is just script lag, inside a small room in Breezehome.

Adventure time can go negative if the PC is not in an area where play time is permitted when adventure time runs out.  The play time expiration logic resets the timer but due to multiple threads and quests involved there may be a race condition where playtime re-fires before the expiration logic gets done.  I will add it to my list of issues to investigate.

15 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Could you add sex to the "play time" ? Standing around bound is not that exciting ^^ And maybe binding the follower after the "play time" would be fun too. Why should the player be the only one playing the binding game.

During "play time" the player is usually locked in full chastity gear and gagged, which limits options for sex.  I might add sex later, but it is likely to come afterwards.  In the mean time look at SexLab Eager NPCs.  DDi already provides the standard inventory menu as a way to tie up your followers (they will auto-equip any devious devices that you give them).

During "play time" the player is usually locked in full chastity gear and gagged, which limits options for sex.  I might add sex later, but it is likely to come afterwards.  In the mean time look at SexLab Eager NPCs.  DDi already provides the standard inventory menu as a way to tie up your followers (they will auto-equip any devious devices that you give them). 

Sure, but some dialogues when binding the follower would be fun. Maybe where you talk about what items you equip or something like that.

5 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Sure, but some dialogues when binding the follower would be fun. Maybe where you talk about what items you equip or something like that.

This is what I wrote in my idea list today:

Add sex to the "play time". Standing around bound is not that exciting. Maybe where you talk about what items you are to wear. And maybe binding the follower after the "play time" would be fun too. Why should the player be the only one playing the binding game? Some dialogues when binding the follower (as opposed to inventory menu.)

For some time I have had this on the list:

Female follower may tie herself.

Trigger by "But you are still having fun" add "I think I'll join you."

Trigger by "I'm not in the mood." respond with "Well I am!" or "If you are not going to play with those then I am!"

I have no idea when I'm going to get around to implementing any of this.

With the way I play, my PC gets bound immediately after arriving at her home.  Then she prances around putting her recently acquired stuff away.

Is anyone else using this mod with multiple followers?  I'm using EFF and have two followers, Lydia and Jenassa at the moment.

What typically happens is that we arrive home, and one of the two (seems random which one) will ask about playtime and bind my PC.  At the end of playtime, usually the same follower, but sometimes the other one, will unlock my PC, and then the follower who did not bind my PC will pop-up a dialogue menu with all the normal dialogue choices plus one called "Force Greet".  If that dialogue option is chosen, that follower will then ask about playtime but it won't happen again.

This is just a minor annoyance since I can always just tab out of the dialogue window.

6 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

Is anyone else using this mod with multiple followers?  I'm using EFF and have two followers, Lydia and Jenassa at the moment.

What typically happens is that we arrive home, and one of the two (seems random which one) will ask about playtime and bind my PC.  At the end of playtime, usually the same follower, but sometimes the other one, will unlock my PC, and then the follower who did not bind my PC will pop-up a dialogue menu with all the normal dialogue choices plus one called "Force Greet".  If that dialogue option is chosen, that follower will then ask about playtime but it won't happen again.

This is just a minor annoyance since I can always just tab out of the dialogue window.

I do most of my testing and playing with a single follower.  I have tested up to 5 for short periods and once in a while I see things like "..." and "Force Greet" in the dialogues.  I have not figured out the whole story on this yet.  I have seen inappropriate "Force Greet" with a single follower.

What is supposed to happen is that when adventure time has expired and you arrive home (or other eligible location) quest DDH02 is supposed to start.  It fills an alias with a "random" follower and produces the tie-up dialogue.  Once the player is bound the quest is done and should not be running and the "Force Greet", and tie-up dialogue should not appear.  When play time is over DDH04 starts and fills an alias with a "random" follower to untie the player.  It too is supposed to finish and stop by the time the player is unlocked.  A quest's dialogue should only appear if it is running.

I found that due to a race condition it was possible for DDH04 to start while DDH02 was running.  I thought I had fixed that in 1.04.4, but race conditions can be tricky things and I quickly found out that it didn't work.  I'm trying again with 1.04.5 but won't know until I play with it for a while longer.

On 12/23/2018 at 6:49 PM, PubliusNV said:

I use UFO and have done for years, I do get the random follower wanting to bind but it's the same follower that unties.  Never had the forced greet.