"Here's to the bachelors and the Bowery bums
And those who feel that they're the onesWho are better off without a wife."
- Tom Waits
"I am Dragonborn, hear me roar!" - Dovahkiin
Before you report any problems, enable your papyrus logging and read the papyrus log. SLEN reports everything it does in the papyrus log, reading it will allow you to solve most problems yourself. Search for lines containing the word "SLEN" to quickly isolate every log line that relates to SLEN.
I was getting tired of having to capture, enslave, enchant, rape, be raped, hire or whore in order to get some nookie, only to end up in the wrong animation position. I am a Casanova, not a Genghis Khan or Marquis de Sade. I am The Dragonborn, all men and women in Skyrim want me! I don't want to have to force them and I don't want to have to marry them either. So this one is for all the womanizers and man-eaters who don't want to marry one NPC, but who prefer to have a couple of sweethearts in every town.
An overview of all the functionality:
Charm dialogues: a dialogue system/mini-game in which you charm NPCs to have sex with you. Success of the attempt depends on a multitude of factors like arousal, speech skill, gender preference and many others. Speech skill XP is earned on successful attempts. The more often you charm an NPC the more they will love you, and the more they will agree to do with you (more kinky positions, threesomes, orgies). This system uses the relationship ranks from the vanilla game, meaning that you will be allowed to take more valuable items from NPC's homes when you get closer to them. You'll also be able to "fuck your way to the top" for Thane quests by having sex to make friends, rather than doing favor quests.
Trainer dialogues: two different ways of paying skill trainers with sexual favours instead of money. The "Automatic" mode lets you train one level per 6 hours in exchange for sex. The more immersive and challenging "Use charm" mode closer follows the vanilla training methods, but allows you to earn back some or all of the money you paid by charming the trainer.
Lover's perks dialogue:
* Lovers cook for you like spouses do.
* Ask lovers for hugs and kisses.
* If you are a vampire, lovers can be asked for blood in exchange for sex.
* If your lover is a vampire you can offer them a drink of blood in exchange for sex.
* Ask your lover to organize a Sex Party for you (see further below).
Pleasant surprise event: be surprised by up to 4 lovers initiating a sex scene or orgy when you wake up.
Dragon kill event: witnesses of dragon kills may get extremely aroused and/or initiate orgies with you and all other bystanders in the area.
Location cleared event: after clearing out a dungeon or other location, your followers may initiate an orgy to work off some of the tensions of combat.
A New Way of the Voice: learn a shout that demonstrates your Thu'um to those around you, greatly increasing their arousal, making them much easier to charm.
SLEN Spells: a variety of spells to detect and influence the arousal of NPCs around you.
* Detect Arousal spells: lets you detect the arousal of those around you.
* Detect Love spells: lets you see how much nearby people like you.
* Libido Transfusion spells: use your high libido and illusion skill to increase the arousal of a target NPC.
* Magnify Ardor spells: magnifies the arousal of the target NPC for a short while, but leaves them numbed and less aroused afterwards.
SLEN Potions: a set of different Aphrodisiac potions and their alchemy ingredients. Drinking them will spread a cloud of pheromones around you that affects NPCs around you, slowly increasing their arousal over time. Some of these work on specific races only.
A Cure for the Faithful: if you find yourself needy for some booty again barely 5 minutes after your last orgy, you might have become addicted to sex! But no worries, the Sisters of Dibella will be happy to sell you a cure, or if they're in the mood even give it to you for free if you spend some time worshiping Dibella with them.
Dibella's Refuge: become the Champion of Dibella in a fun quest, earning an Aedric weapon in the process, plus access to an ancient place of worship with some devout followers of Dibella who - aside from practicing the art enthusiastically - may be willing to follow you on your adventures, or sell you interesting items and spells.
- Three MCM pages to give you a neat overview of all important SLEN, SexLab and SLA settings and information for various actors. One page for the player, one for the NPC in your crosshair target, and one that allows you to pick an NPC from a list of all NPCs you've had Sexual interactions with in the past. These pages give easy access to things like the SexLab gender, SLA gender preference, exposure rate and other SLEN and SLA settings without the need to dig through several MCM menus.
SOS Integration (optional): this functionality can automatically change the SexLab gender of SOS schlongified female NPCs (futas) to male. Detects if SOS is installed (full SOS is required for this functionality) and automatically disables for SOS Light, SAM or other non-SOS users.
Gender toggle hotkey: A configureable hotkey to quickly swap the SexLab gender designation of the player character or targeted NPC at the stroke of a single key. Useful for futa and gender swapping play when combined with a SOS Schlong strap-on.
Virtual Sex Life: This feature prevents the effect of NPC's arousal values decaying to 0 when they have not been encountered for a long time. Instead these NPCs will have realistic and varied arousal values, as if they had a normal sex life while the PC wasn't around.
Sex Parties: Ask a lover to organize a sex party for you at any location, inviting up to 32 people. Your lover will take care of everything, all you need to do is be at the party location at the right time. The party host can keep your guests entertained, leading them into frequent orgies, or you can use the regular SLEN dialogues to start sex scenes with those present yourself.
SexLab Gender appropriate masturbation: A lesser power that starts a masturbation scene in which the animations are picked based on SexLab Gender rather than vanilla sex, so that it works correctly for futa characters.
Mounted Exposure: When riding a horse or dragon, your exposure/arousal will slowly increase. When your arousal reaches 100 and you are still mounted, you will orgasm.
- Once you have the perfect setup, you can store your settings in a profile which can be recalled in any other savegame or newly started game, so you don't have to do it all over again in every game you play.
- For more detailed information on each option, read the hover tips in the MCM menu.
SexLab 1.62 or later required, some functionality may not work with older versions and there will be no support for outdated installations.
- See Change Log below for recently added functionality.
A lot of this functionality is available from a number of separate mods, some of which have directly inspired the functionality in this mod. No code or assets from any these mods were used, only their ideas. Credit where credit is due:
- Paying trainers with sex was inspired by "SexLab Trainers"
- Sleep events were inspired by "DangerousNights"
- Arousal increase on dragon kill was inspired by some remarks in the support thread of the "Untamed" mod. Apparently this was part of the functionality of this mod at some point (but was removed before I started using it).
- The idea to allow sex to increase the relationship rank was very loosely inspired on "TDF Prostitution" (which has an option to make this happen, but doesn't seem to do anything with the result of these changes).
- I realize the sex dialogues are a lot like the functionality offered by SexLab Romance, but I never used that mod. Instead the inspiration for this mostly came from the extensive dialogue tree available with slaves in the "SexLab Sex Slaves" (a.k.a. Mia's Lair) mod.
And of course, lots of credits to SexLab and SexLab Aroused, Fuz Ro D-oh, SKSE and SkyUI MCM, and Schlongs of Skyrim for providing the frameworks and functionality that are heavily used by this mod.
SexLab Eager NPCs has been designed to integrate as much as possible with the vanilla game. It uses the vanilla relationships to keep track of your partners and lovers. The spells, potions and ingredients of appropriate level can be found in leveled loot and bought from the usual sellers of such goods, like Spell Vendors, General Stores, Alchemists and Khajiit caravans. The start of the Dibella's Refuge quest is integrated in a logical way in the vanilla quests and the Thrill of the Tempest shout is learned automatically when you are ready for it.
SLEN is very light in terms of papyrus load and has been built from the ground up with performance in mind. There are no periodic background processes, no repeating timers, no cloak spells to scan for actors and run scripts on them, no callbacks from SexLab animation events. Despite its large variety of functionality you will find it adds almost no papyrus load to your regular exploring and combat game. Scripts will typically only run when you are using the SLEN dialogue systems, MCM menu or magic effects and potions, in other words when you decide it's time to have some sexy fun. The exception to this is the Virtual Sex Life feature which occasionally needs to change the arousal of nearby NPCs through script when you enter a new area, however the detection of NPCs is done without any polling and all NPC processing is done on a single papyrus thread, ensuring it doesn't tie up your papyrus engine.
All options can be enabled or disabled individually, which generally makes it work very well together with other mods. If you already have a mod that adds sex to your sleep sessions or allows you to pay trainers with sex and want to keep using that mod, you can simply disable that specific feature in SLEN and use all of its other functionality. The charm dialogues can be used next to other sex dialogue mods like Puppet Master, SexLab Romance or Amorous Adventures without conflict (how well it fits from an RP perspective is of course for you to decide). Individual NPCs can be blocked from the dialogues or from all SLEN interactions on the Target NPC or Recent Partners MCM pages, where changes made to relationship ranks by SLEN can also be reverted.
- The automatic gender changing based on schlong addon will only activate when the NPC is in a SLEN dialogue or event. Once changed, it will stick and may have positive effects on the functionality of other mods too (but only if those mods were programmed to use the SexLab gender of course). You can also set the SexLab gender directly in the SLEN MCM menu.
- The amount of sexual positions available with an NPC depends on your relationship with that NPC, and whether you charmed them or paid them. A higher relationship opens up more options. Threesomes and orgies can only be started through dialogue with NPCs with the highest relationship rank (4/Lover).
Even more details with possible spoilers:
- The quest to gain access to Dibella's Refuge will start when you have completed the Dragon Rising and Heart of Dibella quests, and have at least 25 relationship increases through SLEN. After completing these prerequisites the courier will deliver a letter from Senna which will start the quest.
- The spells are available at the usual locations, the lower ones can be bought at any scroll and book peddler, whereas the top tier ones are only available from the master merchants in their respective schools.
- The ingredients needed for aphrodisiacs can be bought and looted at the usual locations but are all rare, so may be hard to find. You can however craft these ingredients using more regularly available ones. Look around for books on Aphrodisiacs to learn the recipes. Some of these books can be found exactly where everyone would expect them, some where only some people would expect them, and some in locations that will piss everyone off. Such is life.
- Aphrodisiac potions can be looted, bought or crafted. Ask your favourite local questionable contraband peddler. Alchemists may also (rarely) have these for sale. Crafted potions always work on only 1 race (or 2 when combining 2 effects in a single potion), but the merchants may also sell you a potion that works on all races at once.
- There is a lot of trace output in the papyrus log (when enabled). If you are curious about your persuasion attempts, the log can tell you exactly how big your chances were and how the calculation was done. Look for lines starting with "SLEN".
How to Charm effectively, definite spoilers!
- The biggest variable contributor to charm success is the target's arousal value from SexLab Aroused. Anything that increases their arousal, like seeing sex scenes or naked people or the spells, potions and shout provided by SLEN are therefor good ways to increase your chances to charm an NPC. You can use the SLEN Detect Arousal spells to find NPCs with a high arousal.
- The second biggest variable effect comes from your Speech skill level in relation to the target's speech skill level. Anything that boosts your Speech skill or reduces that of the target is helpful. Warrior type NPCs typically do not get any points in Speech skill when they level, so are easier to charm at higher levels. Most leveling priests and merchants on the other hand get Speech skill points when they level so are harder to charm.
- Small bonuses are gained by being an Agent of Mara and/or Agent of Dibella.
- You get a big bonus with NPCs who have recently witnessed you killing a dragon, especially at lower levels. Depending on your settings those NPCs may also get an arousal boost, making it very easy to charm them.
- Gender preference plays an important role, if you're a female it will be hard (but not impossible) to pick up a gay male NPC. Note that SexLab seeding makes most NPCs straight but close to the edge, so a generous dose of gay sex will often tip them over to being bi-sexual. If you don't want to put in the work for that you can use the SLA gender preference setting on the Target NPC/Recent Partners MCM menus to make an NPC bisexual or gay. You can of course also use SLA's own MCM menu for it, on the Puppet Master page, and SLEN will automagically recognize the change.
- Note that you get an automatic free pass in the following cases. These can all be recognized by the fact that the NPC takes the initiative in proposing sex when you start the dialogue with them, and you do not get a dialogue with "(Charm)" in the text. Consequently you will not earn Speech skill XP, but you do have the normal chance of relationship rank increase.
1. Lovers: always. No relationship increase, this is the highest level.
2. Allies: when their arousal is 20 or higher.
3. Confidants: when their arousal is 50 or higher.
4. Friends: when their arousal is 70 or higher.
5. Acquaintances and (non-aggressive) foes: when their arousal is 90 or higher.
All of this is subject to change on the author's whim, not open for discussion, provided as-is, for informational, educational and hedonistic purposes only. Please be considerate of other players and do not post text from this spoiler in the support thread!
- SLEN includes the Armor Addon (ARMA) fix for circlets for elves from the USKP for Dibella's Circlet so that it is properly visible on elven heads. Thanks to the USKP team for allowing modders to include this fix in their own mods.
- SLEN uses a hour glass mesh from Insanity's Resources (available on Tesalliance.org) to mark the location for a planned party. Thanks and credits to InsanitySorrow for making these great resources freely available!
- German translation provided by CGi, thanks!
- LL users RebyaAs and g23023878 have graciously provided a Chinese translation of SLEN. They are hosting this on a Chinese site for the people in China who cannot reach LL because of the Great Firewall, you can find it here. Note that this translation is not being actively supported anymore, it misses a lot of the recently added features.
Installation: Just drop the .esp and .bsa into your Skyrim\Data folder, or use your favourite mod manager to do it for you. The mod will initially be completely diabled. You can enable it in the MCM menu and choose which options you want to activate there.
Upgrade: To upgrade from an older version, just overwrite the esp and bsa files and remember to enable the new options in the MCM menu.
Uninstallation: Optionally disable the mod in the MCM menu, then remove the .esp and .bsa. If you want to clean your save afterwards, all SexLab Eager NPC scripts start with "SLEN".
Thanks for all the support!