Site questions, comments, and suggestions

On 3/21/2019 at 1:07 AM, nanashi50 said:

Thank you.

However, the site works very strange. For example, I saw a message in the topic, which was left at 12.14 (I read it at 13.04), but the system reported that they were left 4 minutes ago! It turns out that the information in the topics is updated about 1 time per hour?

On 3/22/2019 at 9:27 AM, EvalovesEP said:

Something is awfully wrong with the site. AN hour ago I was able to log in. I posted a new blog entry and I replied on my gusband's entry too. Some people have read it. After the last maintenance, both entries are deleted by site. :(  I have to do it all again.

I usually have a copy of most of my post on a text or word document (when i did such things in the past.. for example I have a copy of my SCR Resources that I can reinstall with a few edits for the thread etc)  It is much better now, than it was, and hopefully these final issues can be worked on and tweaked and soon fade away.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:01 AM, Rico Suave said:

why cant i upload a profile pic

You have one currently... chances are it is just that you needed a few more post from when you p osted this issue. Something related to site security or something. You get more and more access as you get more and more active on the site.

35 minutes ago, Itakara said:

Thank you.

However, the site works very strange. For example, I saw a message in the topic, which was left at 12.14 (I read it at 13.04), but the system reported that they were left 4 minutes ago! It turns out that the information in the topics is updated about 1 time per hour?

It is much better than it was. There will likely still be some issues. Something might have been buffered or something and just updated.. Could even be the time zone or some setting. Minor issue IMO considering what the site was just a week or so ago... needs to be better, but getting there.

5 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I usually have a copy of most of my post on a text or word document (when i did such things in the past.. for example I have a copy of my SCR Resources that I can reinstall with a few edits for the thread etc)  It is much better now, than it was, and hopefully these final issues can be worked on and tweaked and soon fade away.

> Thanks for suggestions. I always write my diaries in Word first and then I post them on LL. The problem was when I wrote short text and added pictures directly on page and when it was gone. Well, that was the first time that happened to me. I guess I just had bad luck. :)

4 hours ago, EvalovesEP said:

> Thanks for suggestions. I always write my diaries in Word first and then I post them on LL. The problem was when I wrote short text and added pictures directly on page and when it was gone. Well, that was the first time that happened to me. I guess I just had bad luck. :)

It is a bit of work but it is worth it for anything that is important (contributions, stories, tech instructions etc) If something happens it can be restored .. in your example it would be a bit of a pain with need to repost the picture and such but still worth the extra effort. Started doing that per advice from Prideslayer when i was doing more tech support. It was a real life saver.

P.S. Off subject, I really like your current avatar... :D

anyone can fill me in since when this obnoxious "security check" on login became a thing? as if cloudflare wasn't bad enough, now i literally cannot login anymore with tor browser - 10 minutes of fire hydrants, bicycles and busses only to try again and get the "you failed the security check" message. and there's no way in hell i'm gonna browse this forum w/o tor.

first, the nexus, and now here as well? for the love of talos andraste's dimpled buttcheeks, at least get another captcha provider, like the nexus did. google's recaptcha sucks flaccid cock and takes forever to solve any normal day since i have a static ip, and google decided to straight-up shaft me for reasons unknown: it literally takes me through five different slideshows every time, where other people seem to not even see one. not talking about trying to solve recaptchas with a tor ip.

as i said, please reconsider this captcha mess - else i have to resort to d/l mods from shady mod stealing websites, which i'd rather not to. but if i had to choose, i'd ditch access to LL  in favor of tor.

23 minutes ago, blase_hase said:

anyone can fill me in since when this obnoxious "security check" on login became a thing? as if cloudflare wasn't bad enough, now i literally cannot login anymore with tor browser - 10 minutes of fire hydrants, bicycles and busses only to try again and get the "you failed the security check" message. and there's no way in hell i'm gonna browse this forum w/o tor.

first, the nexus, and now here as well? for the love of talos andraste's dimpled buttcheeks, at least get another captcha provider, like the nexus did. google's recaptcha sucks flaccid cock and takes forever to solve any normal day since i have a static ip, and google decided to straight-up shaft me for reasons unknown: it literally takes me through five different slideshows every time, where other people seem to not even see one. not talking about trying to solve recaptchas with a tor ip.

as i said, please reconsider this captcha mess - else i have to resort to d/l mods from shady mod stealing websites, which i'd rather not to. but if i had to choose, i'd ditch access to LL  in favor of tor.

If you use Tor, then be prepared to multi checks before logging in. All attacks where from Tor.

12 minutes ago, CPU said:

If you use Tor, then be prepared to multi checks before logging in. All attacks where from Tor.

here's the deal though, i get the checkmark after god-knows-how-many slideshows, but still receive the "you failed security check" message. what gives?

2 minutes ago, blase_hase said:

here's the deal though, i get the checkmark after god-knows-how-many slideshows, but still receive the "you failed security check" message. what gives?

Your case can be examinated. But not in public.

PM me and Ashal if you wanna go further.

14 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

It is a bit of work but it is worth it for anything that is important (contributions, stories, tech instructions etc) If something happens it can be restored .. in your example it would be a bit of a pain with need to repost the picture and such but still worth the extra effort. Started doing that per advice from Prideslayer when i was doing more tech support. It was a real life saver.

P.S. Off subject, I really like your current avatar... :D

:O:relaxed: > Thank you. :)

I am not complaining, simply reporting in case this has some relevance to the new upgrade (props by the way on that). First, since everything else has been working better I have noticed that one particular thread "count to a million" on the Big Board of Fun, no longer shows up in my "Recent Activity". Every other thread (including others in the Big Board of Fun) seem to appear normally.  I can also see and access it in every other way including looking at my posts in my profile. Second (and last) the top half of the emojis appear in black and white on my end. So ? this looks black and white to me although I am told it appears in color to others while those on the bottom half look normal :). Every emoji that I have seen in a post (other than my own) look entirely normal.

44 minutes ago, Psalam said:

So ? this looks black and white to me

+1 ?

And another triffle would be that URLs to 3rd-site images dont expand to images, as they did before. Furthermore, often URLs aren't even recognized as URLs and I have to create a link manually out of them.

example:

Spoiler

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/97/The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg/1200px-The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg

The URL was just cutted and pasted into the spoiler. It would have been displayed as a picture instead of an URL in the past.

At least it was recognized as an URL at all.

I m just reporting them for the sake of completeness. The major task to keep the site available and responsive is much more important than those ^ little annoyances :classic_smile:

25 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I am not complaining, simply reporting in case this has some relevance to the new upgrade (props by the way on that). First, since everything else has been working better I have noticed that one particular thread "count to a million" on the Big Board of Fun, no longer shows up in my "Recent Activity". Every other thread (including others in the Big Board of Fun) seem to appear normally.  I can also see and access it in every other way including looking at my posts in my profile. Second (and last) the top half of the emojis appear in black and white on my end. So ? this looks black and white to me although I am told it appears in color to others while those on the bottom half look normal :). Every emoji that I have seen in a post (other than my own) look entirely normal.

IN some cases the "Following" of threads is gone.

Just re-subscribe to the threads to receive notifications again.

About the emojis, was a problem in the past days. Try to clean the cache of your browser and they should appear in full color.

22 minutes ago, CPU said:

IN some cases the "Following" of threads is gone.

Just re-subscribe to the threads to receive notifications again.

About the emojis, was a problem in the past days. Try to clean the cache of your browser and they should appear in full color.

I want to emphasize that this is NOT a complaint and is irrelevant in comparison to keeping the site running in the manner it has been recently.

I clearly did not make my situation with "Count to a Million" clear. I regularly go to the "Activity" drop down menu (near the top right of the screen) and click "My Activity Streams" and then click on "Content in Which I've Posted." It is THAT list that no longer shows "count to a million." I can "solve" this by following it (as you suggested) but I mentioned it in case the fact that that specific thread not showing up reflected an issue for the site.

Also, I cleared my cache and my emojis didn't clear up (once again, I would rather live with the B&W emojis than cause another "real" problem with the thread).

19 hours ago, blase_hase said:

Try a proxy other than Tor for the final connect.... Might work.  It is slow as fuck using TOR (most times) and would be slower than all fuck doing that but you might be able to do better.

@admin/moderators   Perhaps a special log in for those using Proxies and / or  Tor etc. Some places are very restrictive on the content allowed to be viewed or accessed and with attacks and such being favored through TOR and other places... a special long in or something that people could use?

26 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Thanks CPU (or whoever)! I have colored emojis again! ?

I did nothing. And because also Ashal is offline, I am not sure it was something on the site. But probably on your end.

22 hours ago, CPU said:

I don't use TOR and I've been getting them up to 5 times a day for the past couple weeks, which I already reported twice.

I do have the following though:

3rd party cookies blocked.

Brave shields blocking the following trackers:

https://ads.trafficjunky.net/
https://ssl.google-analytics.com/

Followed by uBlock Origin and Decentraleyes.

This is however the only website that makes me input captchas over and over again, and I do frequent some other Cloudflare websites.