Devious Devices - Beast Race Refits (+orcs)

Devious Devices - Beast Race Refits (+orcs)

View File

As of Devious Devices 5.0, "Beast Race Refits" as well as "For Him" have been officially included as part of Devious Devices.

Refer to the latest version of Devious Devices for the latest version of "Beast Race Refits" as well as "For Him".

This page will remain as-is to host 4.3a and 3.3b versions as well as patches for mods.

If you use any patches from this page, make sure that Devious Devices overwrites any conflicting files, as they're more up to date. Alternatively only copy the .esp and .bsa of the patches you need.

The very first day I started using Devious Devices, I was quickly annoyed by the fact that the headgear lacked any sort of compatibility for non-human races, and after getting my hopes up after waiting for 2 years after Min announcing that Beast Race compatibility would be coming soon, I decided to take matters into my own hands.
This is my attempt at making Argonian & Khajiit (and Orc for completion's sake) compatible versions of the headgear in Devious Devices, allowing you to put gags and collars on said races without massive amounts of clipping.

There is definitely room for improvement, and if you're able to make better meshes than me, feel free to contribute.

Requirements:
Devious Devices - Assets
Devious Devices - Integration
Devious Devices - Expansion
BodySlide (Some collars need to be built, they will be invisible if you don't)
And their own requirements.

Items covered:

• ✔️ @Zadil's "Assets" items as well as retextured variants of those items.
  • ✔️ @Supertin's rope gags, collars and tape gags.
  • ✔️ @mxwqtkl's catsuit collars and gas masks, included and based from the mod on the nexus.
  • ✔️ @El_Duderino's pony headgear, collars and gas mask add-ons.
  • ✔️ @Collygon's pet collars, "extreme" & bone gags (no chain collar at the moment).
  • ✔️ @Koffii's restrictive collar, as well as transparent variant.
  • ✔️ @nytesorrow's latex hoods.

• ✖️ @Hæretic's heretic items haven't been converted due to lacking permissions. The author is no longer active, so these items may never get converted. The items will use pre-existing refits as a fallback.

Known issues:

• The Ebonite Hood may have an invisible neck (SE only?).

Compatibility:

Patches:

Notes on Devious Devices for Him:

If you have Devious Devices for Him [@Wasps] (3.3b) (or reboot [@-Caden-] (4.0+)) installed, make sure this mod's .esp(s) are placed AFTER it, otherwise this mod's changes will get overwritten. The mod is automatically compatible, but it requires you to place it correctly for all the appropriate changes to work.

xEdit (TES5Edit) may show conflicts between the mods as the conflicts are handled in a way that doesn't require For Him as a hard requirement, do not attempt to fix these, it is working as intended.

Spoiler

For mod authors, it's possible to implement compatibility with this in your mod without making it hard requirement assuming your items doesn't require new meshes.

If your item is a retexture or rename of an existing item, using TES5Edit, make a copy of the armoraddons of the relevant items that you are making from this mod into your own plugin, and add them to Armature (so there are multiple armoraddons) on the rendered/scriptinstance version of your item and make sure your humanoid armoraddon doesn't have Argonian, Khajiit and Orc (if applicable) selected under "Additional Races".

Tools used:
NifSkope
Outfit Studio
xEdit (TES5Edit)
Paint.NET

Other credits & acknowledgements:

• @Veladarius for providing help and getting permission from @Zadil to have this initially released on my behalf.
  • @pincopallino & @Gameplayer for having created the original Restrictive Collar BodySlide sliders, which I've borrowed.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/11/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Devices - Assets, Devious Devices - Integration, Devious Devices - Expansion, Bodyslide
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

Ring gags definitely aren't fitted at the very least.

I believe there are fallback versions for every restraint, should there not be a proper mesh for them. But you're right, there certainly is no ring gags for them from what I recall, and will instead revert to a muzzle or log.

But ZAP falls outside the scope of this mod, as this is primarily made for Devious Devices in mind.

Been looking to try a Khajitt/Argonian character, the ring and ball versions work a treat. Thanks. Maybe for the panel gag version, a solid version of the cage muzzle? Maybe with cartoon/stylized whiskers drawn on the outside or a word written there?

This is amazing. Been playing with it and a new argonian male texture. Don't suppose you could get the restrictive items ported over to dudes, could you? ^_^ Just an idea. I'm utterly grateful you made this, it really made my day.

This is amazing. Been playing with it and a new argonian male texture. Don't suppose you could get the restrictive items ported over to dudes, could you? ^_^ Just an idea. I'm utterly grateful you made this, it really made my day.

I can probably do the collar at some point in time, but stuff like corsets belong in DD For Him as it isn't directly related to beast races.

I can probably do the collar at some point in time, but stuff like corsets belong in DD For Him as it isn't directly related to beast races.

If you are willing to make any of the restrictive items for the SOS body I can get them added to DD for Him and have you credited for it. The biggest issue would be the collar due to the jaw differences on the Collar but the other items should be the same no matter the race. Wasps (and myself) are always looking for modders willing to work on male items. The only item you would have to worry about with bodyslide is for the females on the Collar but most of that adjustment is on the lower part of it, the upper part should not change in bodyslide since the head (and jaw) are not adjusted in it.

What texture?

What texture?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76127/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D76127%26preview%3D&pUp=1 Here you go. Sorry about giant link... my net history is not nice to the Nexus links. But! I didn't know there was a male version of the female dragonic argonian texture I like so much. Scaly and serpentine, I love it. The Drachis texture always had the problem to me of very blatant, strong hand seams... which annoyed the crap out of me in first person.

Great to see you're still working on this - but there appears to be some issues  :P

I thought I made it clear that you should run it in Bodyslide if you wanted it to fit your body.

It may be a difference between the base bodies. The HDT and the TBBP bodies have different sliders and don't come out the same, I use the HDT body but the bodyslide armors and such that are TBBP are not the same in the chest (especially around the breasts). The DD items were made for the HDT body as I remember. There is also the limitation of what sliders are included with the collar as I believe these use the same sliders as the originals do.

Great to see you're still working on this - but there appears to be some issues  :P

I thought I made it clear that you should run it in Bodyslide if you wanted it to fit your body.

It may be a difference between the base bodies. The HDT and the TBBP bodies have different sliders and don't come out the same, I use the HDT body but the bodyslide armors and such that are TBBP are not the same in the chest (especially around the breasts). The DD items were made for the HDT body as I remember. There is also the limitation of what sliders are included with the collar as I believe these use the same sliders as the originals do.

Thanks for believing in me Veladarius, but I have failed. In my eagerness I just dumped the entire zip into wrye bash and ran bodyslide - forgetting that wrye doesn't "install" bodyslide files.

54afd50b29.png

T'is fixed now though, looks awesome - sorry and thanks.  :D

There does seem to be a problem with the colors though - it's all in pitch black regardless of the named color.

There does seem to be a problem with the colors though - it's all in pitch black regardless of the named color.

You weren't kidding, I accidentally put the SLSF2_Vertex_Colors shader flag on the UUNP meshes, who apparently didn't need them. Should be fixed in the new version after rebuilding meshes in bodyslide.

I don't personally use UUNP, hence why I didn't notice the error in the first place.

Thanks for believing in me Veladarius, but I have failed. In my eagerness I just dumped the entire zip into wrye bash and ran bodyslide - forgetting that wrye doesn't "install" bodyslide files.

54afd50b29.png

T'is fixed now though, looks awesome - sorry and thanks.  :D

I use Wrye Bash but not for installing mods but I don't see why it wouldn't install bodyslide files since they are in the data folder. Glad you figured it out and found something that not only Skullered missed but I did as well.