Devious Devices - Beast Race Refits (+orcs)

16 hours ago, Yoen said:

this might be a weird request, but could you add Devious Devices to these Dragoness mod?

That is outside the scope of this mod, and seems very gimmicky. It's something I'd rather not spend time on.

15 hours ago, Yoen said:

Also, Please make Beast Race compatible versions of

My main goal with this is to make the items in DD itself compatible, anything that isn't part of the base items, I'd rather not spend time converting.

In other news, I've gone ahead and sent PMs to a few authors, two of which have given me permission to modify their stuff, this means that if my free time permits it, I'll be able to do conversions from time to time.

I've done the Gas Masks & the Catsuit Collars (+the mask addons) since the original mod they came from has open permissions, and included beast variants, which were curiously not included in DD originally.

Still had to make male variants manually, fortunately this was far easier since I had existing resources to work with.

20200113183207_1.jpg.dfc9528dda6aecac3ca897734add5399.jpg

Also only just found out recently that its possible to import .tri files into Outfit Studio, letting me apply face morphs to the head, reducing the amount of trial and error I have to do, I might add weighted versions of all collars to males since discovering this makes it so much easier to do.

1438001287_OutfitStudiox64_2020-01-17_21-28-00.png.7be5120b6e20bebac70f9d957e67f7a3.png

15 hours ago, Skullered said:

My main goal with this is to make the items in DD itself compatible, anything that isn't part of the base items, I'd rather not spend time converting.

Those masks i requested i believe are implemented in the Devious Devices Expansion. i hope that counts

and i understand if you dont wanna add more work than you have to. just thought id ask

I was actually rather curious how this is implemented- is it tied to what race you're using? The reason I ask is that I'm using Bad Dog's Yiffy Age of Skyrim and so every race is technically a beast race, making DD very.... well, clippy. Lol. I'd be eager to hear if this could somehow work towards that given that they aren't necessarily custom races but replace the existing race files.

On 1/17/2020 at 9:51 PM, Skullered said:

In other news, I've gone ahead and sent PMs to a few authors, two of which have given me permission to modify their stuff, this means that if my free time permits it, I'll be able to do conversions from time to time.

Glad to see there's still work on this! Looking forward to it.

Not exactly a huge fan of BDSM stuff (not against it either though) but a lot of SL mods require DD, so the more beast race support there is for DD, the more stuff I can finally try out.

the original mod they came from [...] included beast variants, which were curiously not included in DD originally.

"If we add beast race meshes for a single item, we have to add them for ALL DD items, so it doesn't make sense to add any at all", supposedly.

Spoiler

I get the feeling it's probably more like "I don't care about anything that isn't female much less anything that isn't human, so I'm not going to do anything for them whatsoever even if the assets are done already and it only takes a few minutes of plugin work". Also the same reason why male meshes for plenty of DD items have existed for quite a while already but they were never implemented into the main DD mod itself, even for items that don't require extra coding/scripting and just need the male path to be added to the AAs.

Which, I mean, it's a fair point since it's a free mod and all and mod authors shouldn't be forced on stuff they don't want to, but it would be more understandable if they were more upfront about it (if my assumption is true). :classic_dodgy:

18 hours ago, DJShamrock said:

I was actually rather curious how this is implemented- is it tied to what race you're using?

Yes, it's tied to race. Each ArmorAddon (mesh) has a list of the races it should show up on, and a single item record can have several different ArmorAddons; that's how Khajiits and Argonians get special helmet/hood/circlet meshes in the vanilla game (they have special AAs only enabled for their races and separate from the human/elf ones). This mod adds new Khajiit/Argonian/Orc-specific AAs for several DD items.

The reason I ask is that I'm using Bad Dog's Yiffy Age of Skyrim and so every race is technically a beast race, making DD very.... well, clippy. Lol. I'd be eager to hear if this could somehow work towards that given that they aren't necessarily custom races but replace the existing race files.

There's actually a DD patch for YA already done by yours truly; should be in the Patches folder of the YA Drive, but Bad Dog may have forgotten to keep it there after the 7.0+ update meant all NPC patches had to be rebuilt. I'll poke him about it and post it somewhere in the meantime if it isn't there anymore.

Do note that it relies on this mod as a master and simply fixes the race lists so the Khajiit AAs also cover the formerly-human-now-beast races it should, which means any items not covered by Beast Race Refits won't be covered by the YA DD patch either.

17 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Glad to see there's still work on this! Looking forward to it.

Not exactly a huge fan of BDSM stuff (not against it either though) but a lot of SL mods require DD, so the more beast race support there is for DD, the more stuff I can finally try out.

"If we add beast race meshes for a single item, we have to add them for ALL DD items, so it doesn't make sense to add any at all", supposedly.

Reveal hidden contents

I get the feeling it's probably more like "I don't care about anything that isn't female much less anything that isn't human, so I'm not going to do anything for them whatsoever even if the assets are done already and it only takes a few minutes of plugin work". Also the same reason why male meshes for plenty of DD items have existed for quite a while already but they were never implemented into the main DD mod itself, even for items that don't require extra coding/scripting and just need the male path to be added to the AAs.

Which, I mean, it's a fair point since it's a free mod and all and mod authors shouldn't be forced on stuff they don't want to, but it would be more understandable if they were more upfront about it (if my assumption is true). :classic_dodgy:

Yes, it's tied to race. Each ArmorAddon (mesh) has a list of the races it should show up on, and a single item record can have several different ArmorAddons; that's how Khajiits and Argonians get special helmet/hood/circlet meshes in the vanilla game (they have special AAs only enabled for their races and separate from the human/elf ones). This mod adds new Khajiit/Argonian/Orc-specific AAs for several DD items.

There's actually a DD patch for YA already done by yours truly; should be in the Patches folder of the YA Drive, but Bad Dog may have forgotten to keep it there after the 7.0+ update meant all NPC patches had to be rebuilt. I'll poke him about it and post it somewhere in the meantime if it isn't there anymore.

Do note that it relies on this mod as a master and simply fixes the race lists so the Khajiit AAs also cover the formerly-human-now-beast races it should, which means any items not covered by Beast Race Refits won't be covered by the YA DD patch either.

Oh, awesome. I know there werent many patches for the SE conversion yet so I wasnt sure what all even existed before.

15 hours ago, justanothercreeper said:

Hey I'm just another modding nooblet who's having trouble getting this to work.  I have all the required mods installed but the gags still dont fit my argonian right.  I'm using Vortex.

Possibly your load order is incorrect. Never used vortex so not sure how load orders work in it but this mod needs to overwrite its requirements. 

On 1/13/2020 at 6:44 PM, Kodey Caribou said:

Hiya Skullered,

Great work! Thank you for your time with this. It's made using devious devices much better for me as I play as Khajiit Exclusively.

I'm just wondering if you have any plan's on doing a refit for "SexLab Parasite - Kyne's Blessing's Face hugger."?

Would be great if you are planning on it. ^^

Bump... ??

2 hours ago, Kodey Caribou said:

Bump... ??

On 1/17/2020 at 9:51 PM, Skullered said:

I want to prioritize finishing all the base items first, but even then, the likelihood that I'll refit other non-base items is very slim. Sorry.

As for that, I've managed to get quite a lot done the past few days. By far the most boring, tedious and time consuming part is the .esp, which has almost doubled in size.

20200122221054_1.jpg.f11ed5f11edd7723bd05c73282d6695f.jpg20200122221203_1.jpg.3ddf02521d1123b69612266a76f64666.jpg20200122221105_1.jpg.3a0fc98081b2f2f329a054021ba43d6b.jpg20200122221242_1.jpg.c8f44ae385a2b400fbbbd504552013f7.jpg20200122221310_1.jpg.c47459a299af649cb2536fe448faebd2.jpg20200122223505_1.jpg.7618a58b25b99724bfa6a595c5a30433.jpg20200122223537_1.jpg.9ad0adb2cf6c0bc710f5b48d7c249f6f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

3.0 is now up, which includes mostly all the new stuff besides latex hoods, tape gags and heretic items.

I don't have permission for the latex hoods yet, and the author of the heretic items is no longer active on the site, so it may very well be impossible for the heretic items to ever get converted. These items will use existing refits as a fallback, which is better than clipping by default.

Please tell me if I've made any errors, I wanted to get this out in a hurry before the weekend ends, so I may have ended up overlooking something.

Bodyslide gave me this error message, and created only argonian_1 collar. (UUNP SE) After fiddling with nif names in shapedata folders it worked fine, though.
1206923356_.png.280033c88271f8f346e13ad6c52341f1.png

Also, have you considered making pony gag bit part thicker? I remember fiddling around with female khajiit version in outfit studio myself, and I scaled it up, iirc, to be three or four times thicker, and it did actually fit the expression better.

6 hours ago, MstrN said:

Bodyslide gave me this error message, and created only argonian_1 collar. (UUNP SE) After fiddling with nif names in shapedata folders it worked fine, though.

Also, have you considered making pony gag bit part thicker? I remember fiddling around with female khajiit version in outfit studio myself, and I scaled it up, iirc, to be three or four times thicker, and it did actually fit the expression better.

Fixed, Outfit Studio had changed the SliderSet file to the incorrect file names when I exported it.

I haven't thought about it, but frankly, right now I'd like to take a break from Outfit Studio for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 9:27 PM, Rosty said:

I have a problem where when using a gag or any that goes on the mouth doesn't work, isn't open like in the images.

Issue with DD currently. Has nothing to do with this mod.

In regards to updates, I need your opinion on this:

I'm currently compiling another major update that includes weight slider support for collars as well as including the remaining missing hoods and I've come to the conclusion that trying to support both 3.3b and 4.0+ of DD is a ridiculously time consuming process, as well as a management nightmare, as I often find myself mixing files/records together with the wrong versions and repeatedly having to redo all the changes again from scratch.

So my question is this: Do people care enough for me to be maintaining compatibility with the 3.3b version of Devious Devices? If not, I'd like to switch development to be exclusively for the 4.0+ versions.

By doing this I'd be saving myself time and hassle trying to replicate all the different changes between both versions.

I will still leave the current version up that supports 3.3b as is, but for any future versions, I will exclude 3.3b as an option and focus primarily on 4.0+.

At the time of writing, the website is struggling with 502 and 504 errors. The file I've uploaded has random underscores added to it. If the file turns out to be corrupt, let me know.

I've uploaded 4.0 which contains the remaining latex hoods and tape gags, as well as having gone through (hopefully) all collars and added weight slider support to them, so collars no longer float on male characters with low weight.

For people still using 3.3b of Devious Devices, know that from version 4.0 onwards of this mod, 3.3b compatibility is no longer offered as an install option. You should stick with 3.01 if you still use 3.3b.

That should cover all the items (except Chain collar) that I'm able to edit with the permissions I've gathered. Unfortunately since the author of the Heretic items is (seemingly) permanently inactive, I will never be able to acquire permission to edit these myself, so these items may never get converted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey folks. I am having a little trouble. I have already put this through bodyslide.

the problem I am having is that my character will not open there mouth for the gag. There muzzle remains closed at all times.

Anyone got any idea? Or does anyone know how I can go around diagnosing the issue?