Devious Devices - Beast Race Refits (+orcs)

6 hours ago, Pronema said:

Do any of the patches have anything in them that would prevent them from being merged into a single patch through a merge plugins script or simply copied into my merged patch?

I don't think so... I haven't actually had the need to merge mods as I don't have a lot of plugins (about 90'ish), so I've never actually used any of the merging utilities myself.

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, hugepervert said:

zadx_hr_pearGagRendered (xx01c62b) and zadx_hr_pearGagInventory(xx01c62c) don't seem to have an Argonian equivalent.  These are part of Devious Devices Expansion 4.0.

Nothing from v4 (let alone v3) have a beast race equivalent. The only things that do are the items that are in Assets at this time.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, bicobus said:

No, you need any version of the devious set and then install this afterward.

Okay. Thank you! I'm just having a bit of trouble with Devious Devices in general I guess.
Do you know of any step by step guides for actually making USE of Devious Devices and Devious Devices Equip for a total n00b?

My eyes are glazing over looking at all the in game mod options and all the stuff I apparently have to do to make the stuff show up on my guy.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hero529 said:

is there any kind of ETA on when we might expect DD v4 items to be adjusted?  I don't want to seem impatient or rude, I'm just looking for information.

I've kind of lost interest in Skyrim for the time being, plus I need permission from all the various authors that originally created the new items before I can modify and upload them.

I haven't changed anything in the mod since the last version, except some minor fixes that aren't worth an entire upload just yet.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, strikemasterz said:

SKullered, just wanting to know if there's been any update on updating for v4, or will this only have the previous items?

I don't use version 4 of DDi/x, for reasons I won't discuss here, which discourages me from bothering with the new items since it feels like a waste of my time when I won't even be using the modified assets that I've spent time working on.

Until I become very, VERY bored, and have nothing else to do (or something sparks my interest to upgrade to version 4), don't expect an implementation of any of the new items anytime soon.

I want to install this with mod organizer but it always gives me this error,

"Installation as fomod failed: No conditions were successful in ar 'OR' clause! "

I redownloaded this 4 times just in case it was a corrupted download and all 4 times it showed me the same error. I am not sure what I should do now.

EDIT: Nevermind fixed it, turns out I had to enable the DD mods before I installed it...I feel stupid T_T

• 2 weeks later...

I think I might like to get into this. My summer isn't too crowded right now. As someone with very little modding experience but a generous amount of free time, what can I do to help out? I'm willing to learn how to adjust meshes and scripts from scratch if I need to. I've done a bit of work recompiling scripts in the past - I rebuilt the zadlibs.psc into a workable .pex for personal use because I wanted to adjust the phoneme combination used by the ball gags.

3 hours ago, viewlurk said:

I think I might like to get into this. My summer isn't too crowded right now. As someone with very little modding experience but a generous amount of free time, what can I do to help out? I'm willing to learn how to adjust meshes and scripts from scratch if I need to. I've done a bit of work recompiling scripts in the past - I rebuilt the zadlibs.psc into a workable .pex for personal use because I wanted to adjust the phoneme combination used by the ball gags.

Don't think there is much scripting involved, if any. Most of the work is taking the head gear meshes from DD that haven't been converted for beast races yet and fitting them; there's also some plugin work involved to get the meshes to show up properly when worn by a beast race character but I'd say mesh work is the most crucial part of it.

Still, Skullered should be the one to answer that question.

9 hours ago, viewlurk said:

6 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Don't think there is much scripting involved, if any. Most of the work is taking the head gear meshes from DD that haven't been converted for beast races yet and fitting them; there's also some plugin work involved to get the meshes to show up properly when worn by a beast race character but I'd say mesh work is the most crucial part of it.

There are 3 ways to convert a v3 item to a v4 item:

One way is to replace the standard script instance items with the ones from Skullered's mod. Most of it is the setup of the Armor Addon's and the script instance portions though there is some pain in the ass work with the panel gags as Skullered had told me during the development of the mod as it concerns art objects and enchantments that control them or something like that. You would have to make sure you copied all of that over.

A second way to come at it is to replace the Inventory items in Skullered's mod with the ones from DD that already have the new scripts. You may have to add the inventory and world parts for the males but they would be the same as the ones in Skullered's mod so they can be used as reference.

The last way (which would be somewhat tedious) is to replace all the scripts on the Inventory items in Skullered's mod with the new ones from DD but you would have to fill in all of the properties on all of the items.

21 hours ago, viewlurk said:

17 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Correct. I haven't had the need to modify any scripts as of yet (although, I could see the Panel Gags being improved for Argonians if the facial expressions were removed), and should be avoided if possible, as it can cause issues when DDi is updated, forcing me to update my version of the script as well.

The only thing that needs working on is modifying the meshes on the missing items for Argonians, Khajiit and Orcs, for both genders, which means 6 meshes per item (excluding items using texture sets). I use Outfit Studio in Bodyslide to do all my mesh editing with.

I could never quite find an up to date and working version of a .nif importer for Blender, leaving me stuck with Outfit Studio.

Not that it's a bad thing, since it provides all the tools necessary to fit something from one thing to another.

On 7/13/2018 at 8:58 AM, Skullered said:

Correct. I haven't had the need to modify any scripts as of yet (although, I could see the Panel Gags being improved for Argonians if the facial expressions were removed), and should be avoided if possible, as it can cause issues when DDi is updated, forcing me to update my version of the script as well.

The only thing that needs working on is modifying the meshes on the missing items for Argonians, Khajiit and Orcs, for both genders, which means 6 meshes per item (excluding items using texture sets). I use Outfit Studio in Bodyslide to do all my mesh editing with.

I could never quite find an up to date and working version of a .nif importer for Blender, leaving me stuck with Outfit Studio.

Not that it's a bad thing, since it provides all the tools necessary to fit something from one thing to another.

I presume I'll just need the tools linked in the OP that you used to build this? I'm familiar with Paint.net but only in a 2D layered setting. I won't need any other sculpting programs or computer peripherals such as a tablet, will I?

10 hours ago, viewlurk said:

I presume I'll just need the tools linked in the OP that you used to build this? I'm familiar with Paint.net but only in a 2D layered setting. I won't need any other sculpting programs or computer peripherals such as a tablet, will I?

I only used Paint.NET to make the images for the download page, not the meshes. Outfit Studio is the tool used to modify the meshes.

On 7/14/2018 at 8:21 PM, Skullered said:

I only used Paint.NET to make the images for the download page, not the meshes. Outfit Studio is the tool used to modify the meshes.

That's a relief. I can get started next weekend. I'll get all the tools ready and let you know as soon as I've got my schedule cleared. Thank you!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So having recently made an attempt at SSE in general, I tried to look into "just doing it myself" to resize some of the DD items via outfit studio, which seems intuitive enough, with plenty of guides to help.

However problems arose when no matter where I looked on the Internet, search engines, forums etc, I found little about heads and headgear, and nothing at all about where to find any khajiit head mesh, only human. Even scouring my data folders turned up nothing. Am I missing something incredibly obvious? ^^;

15 hours ago, Ashari said:

So having recently made an attempt at SSE in general, I tried to look into "just doing it myself" to resize some of the DD items via outfit studio, which seems intuitive enough, with plenty of guides to help.

However problems arose when no matter where I looked on the Internet, search engines, forums etc, I found little about heads and headgear, and nothing at all about where to find any khajiit head mesh, only human. Even scouring my data folders turned up nothing. Am I missing something incredibly obvious? ^^;

You have to extract Skyrim - Meshes.bsa using a tool to find the heads.