Devious Devices - Beast Race Refits (+orcs)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 5:03 AM, bannedspider51 said:

where can i get an sse version of this?

On 4/11/2019 at 12:12 PM, Hero529 said:

Don't think you can, friendo.  It was pretty much abandoned, as far as I can tell.

Sadly, I've mostly lost my motivation to continue working on this, plus, I've been really busy with IRL stuff as of late, taking time to finish it away completely.

Someone contacted me at one point about converting it to SE, but I told them that I wouldn't bother seeing as the SE version of DDi seems mostly unfinished and abandoned (not up to date with the LE version), whereupon the request was largely dismissed.

You are welcome to port my mod's files yourself if you'd like, but I'd ask it be kept for private use.

As for the mod's future; until IRL stuff settles down and I regain the motivation to continue working on this, as well as obtain permission from the authors of the missing items (something I've been reluctant to do due to the constant drama surrounding DD), development is postponed indefinitely.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/18/2019 at 6:01 PM, phoenixofthelost said:

So the mod is awesome and I wanted to grab the patches for other mods, sadly I have one major problem.

There is only one file int the downloads for me and so I can't get those patches.

They are included in it. If you use any sort of mod manager, you should be able to select them during the installation.

Just now, Skullered said:

They are included in it. If you use any sort of mod manager, you should be able to select them during the installation.

I tried reinstalling to see if I missed the patches and only one showed up despite having all 3 installed. Is it supposed to all be in one option?

Edit: Ah, scratch that. I forgot I had checked 4.0

• 3 weeks later...

I keep looking at this mod too see if it's been updated or someone did a conversion for us on sse, but alas still none if anyone has a tutorial too do this for a personal port please post it here as we wait for this mod maker too resolve his irl problems as it  would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 6:58 PM, Skullered said:

Sadly, I've mostly lost my motivation to continue working on this, plus, I've been really busy with IRL stuff as of late, taking time to finish it away completely.

Someone contacted me at one point about converting it to SE, but I told them that I wouldn't bother seeing as the SE version of DDi seems mostly unfinished and abandoned (not up to date with the LE version), whereupon the request was largely dismissed.

You are welcome to port my mod's files yourself if you'd like, but I'd ask it be kept for private use.

As for the mod's future; until IRL stuff settles down and I regain the motivation to continue working on this, as well as obtain permission from the authors of the missing items (something I've been reluctant to do due to the constant drama surrounding DD), development is postponed indefinitely.

If someone were to make a successful port, why only private use? I couldn't share it on this thread or other places for people to find it? 

On 12/29/2019 at 2:46 AM, Fylix_Aerou said:

If someone were to make a successful port, why only private use? I couldn't share it on this thread or other places for people to find it? 

Because I plan on doing a port myself and will upload it directly to the mod's download page (or add a link) once I decide to update the mod.

I want both versions of the mod to be equally up to date, rather than continue development exclusively on SE, which seems to be a common problem with a lot of ported mods.

I've already migrated to SE due to the improved support and stability.

If you don't know how to port the mod yourself, get Cathedral Assets Optimizer and run it on the mod's files (so the bsa gets unpacked and meshes converted), then update the .esp to form 44 using the Creation Kit from the Bethesda Launcher by loading and saving the plugin.

I might release an SE version in not too long since I've discovered AIO which supports SE properly, unlike the official Beta release.

Don't expect any new items though, I still lack permissions to modify the new items, and the courage to actually seek out and PM the appropriate authors.

2 hours ago, Shion11 said:

so i have a slight issue with the mod working for the first time, and after reloading a save it doesn't register the gag and resets the mouth causing clipping.

Not caused by this mod, you'll have to bug the developers of DD about it. This contains no scripts whatsoever.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:33 PM, Skullered said:

Because I plan on doing a port myself and will upload it directly to the mod's download page (or add a link) once I decide to update the mod.

I want both versions of the mod to be equally up to date, rather than continue development exclusively on SE, which seems to be a common problem with a lot of ported mods.

If you don't know how to port the mod yourself, get Cathedral Assets Optimizer and run it on the mod's files (so the bsa gets unpacked and meshes converted), then update the .esp to form 44 using the Creation Kit from the Bethesda Launcher by loading and saving the plugin.

I might release an SE version in not too long since I've discovered AIO which supports SE properly, unlike the official Beta release.

Don't expect any new items though, I still lack permissions to modify the new items, and the courage to actually seek out and PM the appropriate authors.

Thank you for the information. Didn't mean to sound too critical if I did, sorry.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:33 PM, Skullered said:

Thank you for all your hard work on making DD look correct for those of us that play beast races.

2.3 is up. It contains patch updates as well as two new ones, some small fixes, and Special Edition versions of the files. Patches for Special Edition are tagged as an ESL.

Keep in mind that you will have to manually convert the original mods of the patches if they don't already have a public SE version.

Hiya Skullered,

Great work! Thank you for your time with this. It's made using devious devices much better for me as I play as Khajiit Exclusively.

I'm just wondering if you have any plan's on doing a refit for "SexLab Parasite - Kyne's Blessing's Face hugger."?

Would be great if you are planning on it. ^^