What's on your mind?

HAPPY HEEMEYER DAY

On this day 4 June 2004, business owner Marvin Heemeyer went into his muffler shop and fired up the fortified bulldozer he had been working on for over a year.  He then demolished the homes an businesses of the people of Granby CO. who had sought to destroy his life.  He also wrecked the town hall, the local newspaper and the home of the mayor's widow.  The town of Granby never recovered.  Marvin Heemeyer took his own life, though no one else was killed or injured.

Marvin Heemeyer; there are some people you just don't fuck with.

5 hours ago, Darkening Demise said:

You will get shot by the cops. Yes its too late. Unless you're outside the US where the police are not the military just in blue instead of camo.

Not if one does so outside of a riot zone.

In Southern United States tourist towns, the bulk of those guys are more like Andy of Mayberry than Gomer Pyle. I wouldn't say that they are easy prey but they are not the apex predator either. 

At worst, they'd view a doomsayer as a distraction from tourist traps and ask them to move away from the ticket booths a bit.

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

there are some people you just don't fuck with.

While it 'seems' he could've made a tidy profit by just selling before he obviously pissed off the 'wrong' people, there's no information concerning what was said or done 'behind closed doors'. With only the end results to try and understand the situation I have to agree with Dankula's final assessment - everyone has a breaking point, but in this case instead of the frog jumping from the boiling water, things slowly built up over enough time that this frog was completely cooked when it decided to take action.....

On 6/3/2020 at 4:57 PM, endgameaddic†ion said:

I'd like for us to have a moment of laughter.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45455

So did not download that. Would really like a memorial mod for David Dorn and others killed or lives ruined because of the riots. Would do it myself but don't want the hassle with self righteous SJWs ass-plaining why their lives mattered less than Saint George according to their twisted victim hierarchy. 

23 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I might be pleasantly surprised if it were for David Dorn but that is just the thing.

His demise is relatively unknown and unnoticed plus it was at the hands of a young black man who was part of the riot so it will get little to no mainstream media attention thus it will not earn them any accolades to start using the #daviddorn hashtag therefore they will not be posting with it even once.

mte. 

If aliens were observing us today, they probably would think we started a new cult with everyone jumping on this George Floyd bandwagon.

3 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Right now, I am thinking about what it would take for sweeping social reforms that would lead to the entirety of the entertainment industry adopting a No Politics rule instituted by sites like this one.

Umm... that explains why I wasn't getting annoying invites and there were only three of us on the server, I was already online in GTA online at that time (got on at 1:34 EST and went offline around 5 pm).   Ironically, it was the perfect time to run those solo grind missions, but nothing was saved to the GTA servers until after 4 pm.  In short, my weed, forgery, counterfeiting and nightclub all got maxed out on supplies/advertising.

Sometimes I think I make people feel uncomfortable

I think Kendo likes me

I wonder if we could unite the world using cheese

The fact that Weird Al is not in a Pokemon game is a disservice

I wonder if there are any clowns in dairy

Stan Lee is not dead he is just Spiderman

10 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

Sometimes I think I make people feel uncomfortable

I think Kendo likes me

I wonder if we could unite the world using cheese

The fact that Weird Al is not in a Pokemon game is a disservice

I wonder if there are any clowns in dairy

Stan Lee is not dead he is just Spiderman

Stan Lee is secretly one of the Beyonder Race....
Think about it ;)

On 6/4/2020 at 1:33 PM, FauxFurry said:

Right now, I am thinking about what it would take for sweeping social reforms that would lead to the entirety of the entertainment industry adopting a No Politics rule instituted by sites like this one.

I can't imagine how that will work. Politics is in everything. Now correct me if I'm wrong but moderators just want to keep forums from degrading into tribe wars of one tribe hating the other tribe because they are not part of your tribe. For example one political party is inherently shittier than the other because group think told them so or they just had a very bad day. It is the blame game that causes all intelligence to hit rock bottom. I guess it would be different if people did their own research but they don't.

Entertainment without politics is likely the movie Mad Max but even that is a little iffy.

8 hours ago, Darkpig said:

I can't imagine how that will work. Politics is in everything. Now correct me if I'm wrong but moderators just want to keep forums from degrading into tribe wars of one tribe hating the other tribe because they are not part of your tribe. For example one political party is inherently shittier than the other because group think told them so or they just had a very bad day. It is the blame game that causes all intelligence to hit rock bottom. I guess it would be different if people did their own research but they don't.

Entertainment without politics is likely the movie Mad Max but even that is a little iffy.

I suppose that it would have been more accurate to have used the term Partisan Politicking but that word might not translate quite as well for all users. I would never dream of limiting the presence of politics in a work or else end up ruining the entirety of the City Sim and World Sim genres. How could the Tropico series work without politics when one plays a politician in it?