What's on your mind?

9 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Today is the anniversary of the Normandy D Day Invasion.

In 1994 there was a magnificent flight of military planes from WWII to the then current day, including classics like B-17 to the spooky B2 bomber to commemorate the 50th anniversary.  They flew twice over the base I was stationed at.

Today, nothing.

16 minutes ago, Jexsam said:

I can't wrap my head around hating a company because they don't hate black people.

I can't wrap my head around pandering to an organization that wants to kill people because of the color of their skin.  But hey, you do you.

17 minutes ago, Jexsam said:

I can't wrap my head around hating a company because they don't hate black people.

The idea that anyone who does not side with BLM hate black people is one of the things that cause people to hate these companies. One might as well say that if one opposes Pro-Life groups that one is Pro-Death.

Tactics and overblown premises can make all of the difference.

In my case, I can hate them for trying gracelessly to pander to me while blurring the line between protester and rioter as well as good cop and bad cop (just picture my little navi-tar as being a black panther slathered in dye to look like the Pink Panther).

1 minute ago, FauxFurry said:

The idea that anyone who does not side with BLM hate black people is one of the things that cause people to hate these companies. One might as well say that if one opposes Pro-Life groups that one is Pro-Death.

Tactics and overblown premises can make all of the difference.

In my case, I can hate them for trying gracelessly to pander to me while blurring the line between protester and rioter as well as good cop and bad cop (just picture my little navi-tar as being a black panther slathered in dye to look like the Pink Panther).

It kind of reminds me of people who think being Pro-Choice means they're Pro-Death - they don't understand what Pro-Choice means and just assume it's an entirely antagonistic viewpoint.  Saying Black Lives Matter doesn't mean you value other races any less.

BLM the organized group has some bad apples, surely, and I'm not gonna sit there and try to convince anyone that the movement isn't being applied heavy-handedly in a lot of ways - because it is.  But the concept of Black Lives Matter is not anathema to All Lives Matter.  All Lives don't matter until Black Lives Matter - or, said another way, if you believe All Lives Matter, you must by necessity believe Black Lives Matter, because they are lives, and all lives matter.  However, the way they're treated in the US today sends a clear message that they do not, in fact, matter.  This is what the movement is meant to shed light on.  That's all.  It's not about supremacy or killing anyone whose skin color is different from yours.  Only racists and people who haven't had this explained to them yet think that.

I used to think is was a silly movement myself even, until it was explained to me like this and I realized I was looking at it from a very narrow viewpoint before.

30 minutes ago, Jexsam said:

It kind of reminds me of people who think being Pro-Choice means they're Pro-Death - they don't understand what Pro-Choice means and just assume it's an entirely antagonistic viewpoint.  Saying Black Lives Matter doesn't mean you value other races any less.

BLM the organized group has some bad apples, surely, and I'm not gonna sit there and try to convince anyone that the movement isn't being applied heavy-handedly in a lot of ways - because it is.  But the concept of Black Lives Matter is not anathema to All Lives Matter.  All Lives don't matter until Black Lives Matter - or, said another way, if you believe All Lives Matter, you must by necessity believe Black Lives Matter, because they are lives, and all lives matter.  However, the way they're treated in the US today sends a clear message that they do not, in fact, matter.  This is what the movement is meant to shed light on.  That's all.  It's not about supremacy or killing anyone whose skin color is different from yours.  Only racists and people who haven't had this explained to them yet think that.

I used to think is was a silly movement myself even, until it was explained to me like this and I realized I was looking at it from a very narrow viewpoint before.

This situation seems to have stemmed from an the equivalent misconception to the dog which bites its master being the one in charge. I have to wonder why more of them do not snap when I see just how much nastiness is heaped on them on a regular basis.

Civil servants harming their social betters being treated as an ever-present existential threat that all members of another race are all in full support of creates a far worse problem than BLM claims to be trying to solve.

There is an argument to be made for improved vetting for police recruits and continual psyche-evals to be run on them to ensure that only mentally fit officer are in the field to prevent police brutality but this collective guilt for every police officer everywhere (and in some cases, all white people) is counter-productive.

The best way to be an 'ally' at this time is to stop getting involved and let our communities work this out. If every white kid playing revolutionary hero right now stepped down, this would situation would become much more peaceful and a lot less messy.

This type of thing does not help anyone out:

There is yet another perspective that is being ignored by people at large at the moment: people who were never into the idea of socialized police in the first place and always acknowledged their brutality towards everyone, not only one race.

I definitely remember that CopBlock was one such site which covered all instances of police brutality, not only white on black ones. The problem isn't going to be fixed if it only counts when it affects one group of people (despite what certain opportunist 'rights organizations' claim).

2 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

There is yet another perspective that is being ignored by people at large at the moment: people who were never into the idea of socialized police in the first place and always acknowledged their brutality towards everyone, not only one race.

I definitely remember that CopBlock was one such site which covered all instances of police brutality, not only white on black ones. The problem isn't going to be fixed if it only counts when it affects one group of people (despite what certain opportunist 'rights organizations' claim).

1:53

So true, people aren't properly recognizing the problem and nothing will change until they do.

On a side note, I am going to spend some time watching some of this gentleman's content. I wasn't aware of him so thanks @FauxFurry

On 6/5/2020 at 12:13 PM, Kendo 2 said:

So much for 'social distancing'.  Evidently rioting mobs are immune to COVID-19.

EZwmgFqUwAILjF5?format=jpg&name=small

On the plus side; all of these cocksuckers are contaminating one another.

The riots and COVID are one and the same, another media hit to smear the orange man. They're glad this shit happened, because now they'll be able to keep the lockdown going, killing off low-mid income neighborhoods and creating dependency on daddy government.

30 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

It was a direct response to me, dood.  And mind your own business.

No, i was replying to DoctaSax.

You just happened to reply to him at the same time and your reply "Who's talking about politics?" loaded up first.