What's on your mind?

3 hours ago, AKM said:

Got a little worked up a few weeks ago when on a certain "social media" site.  Got told by family that it may be  a good idea to step away from that for a bit.  I did.  At first it was difficult, then it was a week or so at a time that I'd be away.

I come back tonight, looked at what's being posted, and said to myself "Self. why do you bother reading this drivel?".  I'm really close to just swearing off it entirely.  Wow does that sort of thing do absolutely nothing for one's well-being.

I'm increasingly here for the animated sex and not much else/ ignore most of what anyone on the net is posting unless directed at me- and then only if it's interesting. Not worth getting your blood pressure up over a flaming post. :beer:

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Not worth getting your blood pressure up over a flaming post. :beer:

It wasn't the flaming so much as the sheer stupidity nakedly displayed.  I won't go into too much detail, but really, when you're angry about something, the go to response shouldn't be to start destroying yourself, your family and friends, and your community.  That's exactly what I see going on around the nation and even world today. 

And then there's the political extremism.  It's gotten so bad that I was on a multiplayer game earlier tonight and got an extremist ranting and raving in chat.  I just... really?  Of all the places to go to vent your frustrations at the perceived injustices of the world, you have to pick a game's forum that's supposed to be all about fun?  It seems you just can't get away from it anymore.  There's no middle ground anymore, either, of course.  No discourse or discussion.  It's 'My way or the highway'.  I've removed more than one acquaintance who posted some hard-line "If you don't believe "X" as I do, you're not a real friend, and shouldn't be on my list."  'Okay, bye.  Have a nice life.'  I literally said that to one guy.  The idiot sent another contact request shortly thereafter, which promptly got ignored.  I have no time for that.

Hell, this belongs in the rant thread now.

18 hours ago, AKM said:

Got a little worked up a few weeks ago when on a certain "social media" site.  Got told by family that it may be  a good idea to step away from that for a bit.  I did.  At first it was difficult, then it was a week or so at a time that I'd be away.

I come back tonight, looked at what's being posted, and said to myself "Self. why do you bother reading this drivel?".  I'm really close to just swearing off it entirely.  Wow does that sort of thing do absolutely nothing for one's well-being.

I have accounts at various social media sites mostly to help keep in contact with some people I knew and thought was a good idea to keep in contact. Sometimes that changes but... so what.. it can change back as well (yep had those accounts for that long) Anyway, on the phone mostly and it is fast to scroll down through dribble to see something actually important like photos of friends kids doing something important.  Friends and family reporting something meaningful and important notification (sometimes it the only way to get these reports)

Now.. I am happy some are there that are spouting dribble, others spouting counter dribble, I have almost every extreme view on the accounts... So much that sites like Facebook have no fucking clue what to put for advertisement! LOL  Where I am coming from or necessary details of my thought process. ;)  In this case, those posting dribble are doing me a service for the big companies trying to be proctoligist are failing in their purpose and not able to peg me for anything .. at least meaningful info.

20 hours ago, AKM said:

Yep.  There's another reason I have little use for them: Data mining.

Make sure you give them useless data! ;)   LOL.

The ads and stuff that pops up on those are hilarious and so wrong. ;)

Edit

Something extra!  In regards to the police officer killing a man using his knee

quote-if-you-want-a-vision-of-the-future-imagine-a-boot-stamping-on-a-human-face-forever-george-orwell-22-12-10.jpg

1 hour ago, Captain Cobra said:

Piece of dandruf on my mouse's sensor lens made me think I had a computer virus for a while. 

LOL

Thanks for making my day. I had to laugh so hard from that post...

Mostly because I had the same experience before ;) Mine was some lint or something but same result!  Fucked me over for awhile. lol

I suppose if American video game companies and professional games journalists are stoking the fires of revolution without care for what it burns, it is only fair that alternative journalists out there would be the ones to try to give people a sense of perspective in hopes that cooler heads prevail:

14 minutes ago, Darkening Demise said:

Fuck all these game companies delaying shit over a dead black man. They don't give a rats ass. Its all about those brownie points.

I might be pleasantly surprised if it were for David Dorn but that is just the thing.

His demise is relatively unknown and unnoticed plus it was at the hands of a young black man who was part of the riot so it will get little to no mainstream media attention thus it will not earn them any accolades to start using the #daviddorn hashtag therefore they will not be posting with it even once.

2 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I might be pleasantly surprised if it were for David Dorn but that is just the thing.

His demise is relatively unknown and unnoticed plus it was at the hands of a young black man who was part of the riot so it will get little to no mainstream media attention thus it will not earn them any accolades to start using the #daviddorn hashtag therefore they will not be posting with it even once.

If I see a company or their employees hashtagging anything BLM-related they'll never get another cent from me.  I don't expect anything less from game companies though; they're woke idiots and most of them are already on my shit list of 'never gonna buy it'.

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

If I see a company or their employees hashtagging anything BLM-related they'll never get another cent from me.  I don't expect anything less from game companies though; they're woke idiots and most of them are already on my shit list of 'never gonna buy it'.

Here you go... :P
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45455

I am surprised t hat it took this long to get this created.

Of course, I know you won't give Nexus a penny. Regardless of this being on their site.

4 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Of course it is OK for a black person to kill a cop. I'd be surprised if anyone is brought to justice for this.

Seriously, government across the board needs to handle these riots quickly and effectively. What happened to Gorge is unacceptable and shouldn't ever happen. Protesting, is fine and needs to be done, even if it is to help the communities heal or feel closure... however, wanton rioting and looting isn't.  In David's situation, murder. When is this going to stop? WTF is in the minds of these people.  This violence isn't helping and is more than likely hurting, but I would suspect these assholes don't care.

Is there actual evidence that vaping is bad or are they just telling stories to scare the kids? I get that the Tobacco industry has a shady reputation but I'm still not buying this toxic metals argument. If there are did they put those metals there on purpose or what?

27 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

Is there actual evidence that vaping is bad or are they just telling stories to scare the kids? I get that the Tobacco industry has a shady reputation but I'm still not buying this toxic metals argument. If there are did they put those metals there on purpose or what?

People in Flint have low Iqs for a reason. That reason tasting like "bueberry crunch hawaii surprise" doesn't change what it does to your brain, and the traces are byproducts and can't be removed, otherwise they would be.

5 minutes ago, 27X said:

People in Flint have low Iqs for a reason. That reason tasting like "bueberry crunch hawaii surprise" doesn't change what it does to your brain, and the traces are byproducts and can't be removed, otherwise they would be.

Byproducts of what exactly? Did the cigarette melt the cigarette or is it the contents of the liquid?

Both. There are issues with the chemicals used to refine the tobacco-> nicotine in whatever form, and there are issues with chemicals used to preserve it. There are less than regular cigarettes, but most of the shit in cigarettes is in vapes.

4 minutes ago, 27X said:

Both. There are issues with the chemicals used to refine the tobacco-> nicotine in whatever form, and there are issues with chemicals used to preserve it. There are less than regular cigarettes, but most of the shit in cigarettes is in vapes.

I see so it is the tobacco itself. So I don't have a reason to fear my space heater. Thanks.