What's on your mind?

On 3/20/2020 at 5:42 PM, RitualClarity said:

Your lucky... I am "essential". :(

I am waiting to see if I get declared essential......apparently service before self only applies to few (meaning a vast majority of my peers are opting to say "no" to coming in to work, out of fear of COVID).   Sometimes I wonder if there is a fine line between "bravery" and fool-hardiness.....and if I even recognize that line.

1 hour ago, steelpanther24 said:

I wonder if there is a fine line between "bravery" and fool-hardiness

Bravery is doing something dangerous that either needs to be done or you feel strongly about. Foolhardiness is just doing dangerous shit to stroke your ego.

I was thinking that anyone that doesn't worry......is just making the people that care about them work overtime. :classic_tongue:

4 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

I am waiting to see if I get declared essential......apparently service before self only applies to few (meaning a vast majority of my peers are opting to say "no" to coming in to work, out of fear of COVID).   Sometimes I wonder if there is a fine line between "bravery" and fool-hardiness.....and if I even recognize that line.

My thought is it is only a matter of time before I catch it  in one way or another. People I interact with also are doing their thing. So like going to the store... Pharmacy, etc etc. you are exposed. Even doing the most urgent needed things you get exposed.

yes, this increases the chance but... What I do.. I can walk if I don't like the situation and do whatever I feel is needed in the situation to help keep myself safe. Many "essential" don't have that option. (even my coworkers)

5 minutes ago, Captain Cobra said:

Frank.  Kellogg's a big fucking disappointment.  Everything I heard over the years, he's supposed to be the ultimate badass...

Quick response... deleted so I could reform in my head a better vs without just throwing the whole institute against him lol

I find it sad how humanity is going crazy being locked up.

Those who refuse getting sick.

Those who refuse and going out and licking and couching on food in stores then getting terrorists charges.

Those who are essential and must work during quarantines.

I've lived in my parents house in my room since fall of 2012 since we moved here and yet I never go crazy. Humanity and society just pushed me into the darkness I lurk now. Watching everyone else cry and die. I do not feel for them as they never felt for me. I cannot get a job, I cannot get a girl, I cannot do anything but rot in this room. Now the world  is chaos and I am actually happy. Watching the news and seeing all the fake Chinese paid propaganda, watching Trump attack the media governors and China. Its actually quite entertaining.

Our living room TV decided to die on us. Well not die so much as all the HDMI ports decided to stop working all at the same time, which might as well be a dead TV these days. I suppose 9 years was a good run for a 21st century piece of electronics. Not built to last like stuff was before the 80s.

So we got a new TV, a 1200$ model so it at least has better than basic specs. While my friends use it to check out all the buzz about 4K TV/Movies I've been using it to play ancient video games on our hacked NES Mini?. Those old games 16bit games from early 90s still actually benefit quite well from modern picture quality. Especially the arcade games of the time. Ghouls-N-Ghosts looks and sounds positively gorgeous. As does Super Castlevania 4 despite being a first generation SNES game. Going to have to see how DOOM looks tommorrow after work.

On 3/20/2020 at 10:53 AM, GimmeBACON said:

I'm going fucking stir crazy here...:cold_sweat:

I'm mostly an introvert with an essential job (shipping) so this quarantine hasn't effected my life too much, aside from a minor weekend trip being canceled last week. But then my roommates went on a nature show bender which really made me want to go on another trip. And all the places isolated from the rest of humanity worth visiting tend to be located in government state parks, which are all shut down until the federal quarantine is over?

Could be worse I suppose. About two days after I returned home from Peru their government shut down all international flights. If we had still been there we would have just been kind of stuck, trying to improvise a non-plane based route home from the middle of South America while half the nations down there are on total lockdown. That would have SUCKED.

AMD is about to kick the crap out of Intel, hard.

50% IPC gains, apple to apple framerate parity at a full gig less speed without any OC, and a 5.2 G top speed with overclock, and Intel literally has no answer until next year, but are still comfortable charging twice as much per watt. They also use 30-40% less power at the same framerate, which means Intel is hosed on laptop SKUs.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this hoping so Sims 4 animators will see this.......Thanks to TurboDriver and all the animators, creators a boring edited game has become more adult. any way as my naked Sim girl was running to the Magic realm portal. I wondered why we don't have bouncy boobies. I can understand if it is a code problem but some one should be be able to figure out an override, if mot for walking, running maybe exercising with the TV

8 hours ago, Loucifer13 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to put this hoping so Sims 4 animators will see this.......Thanks to TurboDriver and all the animators, creators a boring edited game has become more adult. any way as my naked Sim girl was running to the Magic realm portal. I wondered why we don't have bouncy boobies. I can understand if it is a code problem but some one should be be able to figure out an override, if mot for walking, running maybe exercising with the TV

Maybe your Sim girl doesn't have natural boobs, so they don't bounce?   ? 

On 3/31/2020 at 5:50 AM, 27X said:

AMD is about to kick the crap out of Intel, hard.

50% IPC gains, apple to apple framerate parity at a full gig less speed without any OC, and a 5.2 G top speed with overclock, and Intel literally has no answer until next year, but are still comfortable charging twice as much per watt. They also use 30-40% less power at the same framerate, which means Intel is hosed on laptop SKUs.

In a time where store employees are stuck-home, and no one gives a rat's ass about processors, they decide to raise the price twice, from around 420 to 460 to 499. Maybe they're preparing for the biggie sale in a couple weeks, I don't know.

But selling more for less would make great PR, they could pretend they care.

People'd love them and their stock would rise. 

Sick factory workers would cheer from their beds.

I'd have a new processor in the mail (eventually)

But no.

And if I buy a keyboard iinstead, because this one appears to talk to itself, I will never be able to afford their prices, no matter how low, until summer.

(Unless I'm stimulated)

On 3/31/2020 at 4:18 PM, Loucifer13 said:

I can not help but think about what 'The Wisest Human and only true expert on Time Cubism' Gene Ray would do right about now.

Would he conceptualize four separate epidemics each confined to its own simultaneous day within the Time Cube? Would he know how to speed the process by accelerating the time span of the quarantine by 4 times? Would he be able to find exactly the right kind of laughter which is not only the best treatment for Covid-19 sufferers but perhaps even a comedic cure?

Where is the 'science expert' on Ouija Boards, anyway? They should work on getting into contact with Ray right about now.

It would be about as helpful as what most people have been doing about the Corona crisis and certainly much more useful than trying to trip up anyone searching for solutions just to score cheap points against them.

23 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

I can not help but think about what 'The Wisest Human and only true expert on Time Cubism' Gene Ray would do right about now.

Would he conceptualize four separate epidemics each confined to its own simultaneous day within the Time Cube? Would he know how to speed the process by accelerating the time span of the quarantine by 4 times? Would he be able to find exactly the right kind of laughter which is not only the best treatment for Covid-19 sufferers but perhaps even a comedic cure?

Where is the 'science expert' on Ouija Boards, anyway? They should work on getting into contact with Ray right about now.

It would be about as helpful as what most people have been doing about the Corona crisis and certainly much more useful than trying to trip up anyone searching for solutions just to score cheap points against them.

Capture.JPG.14d0a909a85a9f3eb39ca6485ded5054.JPG Oh.

firm.JPG.bc5ce8211888514007062f04de30455c.JPG

oh.JPG.36c2f2cd2c95ee63ece5a0c944640e96.JPG

See, now (uh) if you suspended bills we wouldn't need 1200 for your latest stock-market-stimulator, the iPhone.

Thousands (millllions) of accountants could be employed, banks would grow fat,

figuring the amount you normally pay (vs owe and not pay but buy an iPhone instead)

for heating, rent, and the mortgage.

"Stay Home or die, and in our munificence, you can eat cake and stuff, rent free"

But no,

so nevermind.

So how much is that iPhone in the window?

Will apple save the economy once more?

I should lay off the Cheetos.

download.jpeg.56f46e8001bb8cc0a3121d3cd258ba89.jpeg

When will this Corona nightmare end? Not only is this lock down messing up everyone's lives, it seems to just bring out the worst in people.  Also wondering when I will see toilet paper in stores again. Good thing we stocked up before due to worry of earthquakes and other emergencies. Eventually it will run out.

2 hours ago, DesertDancer said:

When will this Corona nightmare end? Not only is this lock down messing up everyone's lives, it seems to just bring out the worst in people.  Also wondering when I will see toilet paper in stores again. Good thing we stocked up before due to worry of earthquakes and other emergencies. Eventually it will run out.

Regarding the lock downs it depends on where you live. If you live in the States I don't imagine it will last past May.

The pandemic on the other hand will be around much longer. The lock downs aren't intended to wipe out the disease, only to slow the initial spread. Buy some time.

That does raise another concern to me: once the world's governments do start lifting their lock downs I expect a lot of the same foolish types that hoarded all the toliet paper to presume just because big daddy government is no longer commanding them to stay home that the pandemic itself must surely be over. And thus they'll start partying, getting reckless, and stop taking any precautions. Cause a short term explosion in new causes, possibly invoking yet another wave of panic in the process.

Im coming up with a list of things to do once this is all over, but tbh its some of the most boring things in the world, one is just to go to a mcdonalds again

on the other side though is to hope people are gonna throw parties and im gonna try to go to them, a discord group with only a quarter of people actually talk is starting to annoy me now

I am not a party person (not that I ever get invited to any anyway), so that's the least of my concern. I had some appointments that were canceled and now my permit expired, I have to wait until June to renew it and hopefully that the driving school is  still going to be around (I failed the test due to parallel parking and apparently I am not the only one).

On 4/2/2020 at 12:33 AM, 2dk2c.2 said:

In a time where store employees are stuck-home, and no one gives a rat's ass about processors, they decide to raise the price twice, from around 420 to 460 to 499. Maybe they're preparing for the biggie sale in a couple weeks, I don't know.

But selling more for less would make great PR, they could pretend they care.

People'd love them and their stock would rise. 

Sick factory workers would cheer from their beds.

I'd have a new processor in the mail (eventually)

But no.

And if I buy a keyboard iinstead, because this one appears to talk to itself, I will never be able to afford their prices, no matter how low, until summer.

(Unless I'm stimulated)

Last I was watching this. (I work in a field that does do this but at home for this month on leave) the pricing was just moving to the MSRP. There were steep supplements given for purchase of many of the electronics which is sustainable when there are high sales # not so much when the sales tank. That is the reason as far as I can tell.  I would suspect once things get moving again, the pricing will move down again and provide similar savings.

3 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Last I was watching this. (I work in a field that does do this but at home for this month on leave) the pricing was just moving to the MSRP. There were steep supplements given for purchase of many of the electronics which is sustainable when there are high sales # not so much when the sales tank. That is the reason as far as I can tell.  I would suspect once things get moving again, the pricing will move down again and provide similar savings.

Thanks.

More sales, lower prices (right?)

My new keyboard must be very unpopular, although to its credit it was discounted on the site, with crossed-out-numbers, from unbelievably expensive to just decadent/wasteful.

I feel like, uh, it is the more conservative version because it's missing its big-brother's useless features only the completely insane touch-typist would even consider.

So...uh, the current processor-prices are like those waves on a large river, they're up, they're down, they're still too high for me and even if I'm suddenly rich I'll feel like a dumbass paying the price.

The ortho-mattress sales should start soon,images.jpeg.eb872b8c223639fc1110b49683ac73dc.jpeg  I was sort of hoping AMD would have jumped in but they're probably pissed.

PS It makes no sense that online sales are down, unless people are hoarding their money like TP, waiting to die.

I'm 50/50, enjoy/conserve, save/live like there's no tomorrow, might not be.

overwatch-reaper-3500-3500.thumb.jpg.a18f0574d151676ae5d90fc15c6daeef.jpgJsSG2SnG_400x400.jpg.d01650ae39cf28de67e92ce80f67672e.jpg