What's on your mind?

22 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I don't know how old he was, but it was pretty old. And he still smoked cigars, drank and chased women right up till the end I think. I think I would rather die fighting or something. You know, get shot or crash a car or something so I don't feel pain for very long.

Yep, funny how those things work:

Spoiler

Becoming somewhat torn on my thoughts concerning Red Dead Redemption 2.

The more I play it, the more chinks in the armor I see. As an Old West walking simulator, it has no equal. Once you start playing this 'open world' game, it's easy to find things that didn't seem thought through.

Returning to camp which auto starts a mission, disabling the ability to remove a hunted carcass from the back of the horse....   Speaking of horses, can you actually drive one into walls?

I could go on but the gist is it seems I bought a game to play solo which ended up focusing more on the online experience - which I'll NEVER participate in....

I guess it's time to find some silly nude mods for it and call it a day. Ban me, as if I give a fuck....

Just occurred to me now, that I'm passing more time in CK than in Skyrim.

I go play Skyrim, and my characters keep riding in circles. I get bored after one hour. Always the same bandits, the same radiant quests, the same draugr dungeons, etc.

I go play the Creation Kit, I fill a dungeon with retarded traps and have a good laugh, imagining the face of the players when their characters die to them.

Have this ever happened with some other modder? Maybe its just me.

2 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Did you find any?

Lol, no, thanks for that. I was being metaphorical.

What I have focused on in an effort to distract from my perceived short-comings of the game is finding Movie Reference Easter Eggs. This requires an open mind, and powers of observation, both easily thrown aside when the game becomes 'unruly'.

I'd love to hear anyone's discoveries on this subject. As an example, I'll go first with an easy one....

> While completing one of the billion challenges offered, one in particular was taken straight from the Clint Eastwood film 'The Unforgiven'. English Bob challenges a passenger on a train to a target shooting contest. On a moving train - 1st to kill a number of birds.

This stuff does make me smile, and no need to get too detailed so as to spoil as little as possible if story related, but this is a simple challenge easily located in the menus.

9 hours ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

I get bored after one hour.

Oh yes, My biggest problem with Skyrim now. I can't play for any amount of time before I'm just standing there, doing nothing. Close to 2000 hours logged, and multiple completions with characters created to role play a specific type - Thief, Fighter, Mage, Vampire, etc. So there isn't much to draw me in.

If anything, I boot it up to show other people (non Players) what it looks like (heavily modded) run around for 5 minutes, and close it. I just think what it would have been like if My first exposure to Skyrim had been the modded version I have now.

19 minutes ago, landess said:

Oh yes, My biggest problem with Skyrim now. I can't play for any amount of time before I'm just standing there, doing nothing. Close to 2000 hours logged, and multiple completions with characters created to role play a specific type - Thief, Fighter, Mage, Vampire, etc. So there isn't much to draw me in.

If anything, I boot it up to show other people (non Players) what it looks like (heavily modded) run around for 5 minutes, and close it. I just think what it would have been like if My first exposure to Skyrim had been the modded version I have now.

Perhaps, do as others have started doing once the shine wore off their games and they have no longer any interest in playing. Help others with experiences that you had or wish you had when you started. It is hard work but can be rewarding (from time to time)  One thing I have seen from time to time is releasing the load order/mods list that is being used with some excellent captures. I did that a long time ago when I was running a weaker card 3gb vram and shown that you don't have to have enb to get excellent results if you are willing to dig into some folders.

I know based on your statement that you are showing some the great that Skyrim can be.. but, there has been quite a long time since I seen a good setup tutorial / mods list to get the basics setup and installed ;)  With all the changes, I know I dread setting up a new Skyrim game and the hours it will take to get any decent results ;)

7 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

you are showing some the great that Skyrim can be

Yes, I had a neighbor with PS4 and newly released RDR2. I was pretty impressed and hoped, like GTA5, that it would come to PC. I invited him over to see some PC gaming - he asked about Skyrim, so I showed him. After I scraped his jaw off the ground, we chatted a bit about what it takes to get involved in this process.

I still hear his voice: "Look at that sky! OMG it's amazing" Maybe the fact it was so dark beyond the reach of the torches light, nothing else could be seen at that time accented this, but once daylight broke, he stopped talking and just stared.... When one can see every building/city from the top of the world, it makes the experience much more 'real'.

People wont stop talking about this valentine's day this week. Every place I go on the internet, there is someone talking about valentine's day. The only exception was in stolenhistory, but that forum is for erudition.

So, I will let this video here for the valentine's day fans, I hope you enjoy it.

Ostracize

This was an amazingly powerful tool for trying to control social conduct in the past. Then, it meant not being able to survive with the help of others. A death sentence for most. Why was the distrust of strangers so prevalent? Obviously if those you were around before didn't want you - reasons. Better safe than sorry. These terms didn't make themselves up.

Fast forward to the present and with the increased populations, it became easier to hide in plain sight if ones actions weren't acceptable, yet not enough to make the top ten most wanted.

Now add modern technology to track and identify everybody. One might be involved in an embarrassing or illegal activity with no real action taken. If these 'transgressions' are somehow recorded somewhere, then there is now leverage against them, waiting. Step out of line with the wrong entities, and look - all this dirty laundry is brought forth for ALL to examine and critique.

In general, modern applications of this are simple social suicide. It's power lies in the conceit of those unwilling to accept the consequences of their actions, resulting in many others ready to expose them if able/when the time is 'right'.

Simple examples which mirror this might be "I'm unfriending you". Yet these people act like it's 2000 years ago and now they ARE going to die. Businesses using things like credit scores to determine a persons ability to function in society. A teacher telling someone to 'stand in the corner' for all to see.

Public humiliation is the first step, and the amount of attention it derives from others is the final vote. For some this will have devastating effects, while others can shrug it off. Usually it should affect those with a high social standing more than the common man. So when one sees a severe reaction to this from a common man, and neither family/career/home are affected in any way, it screams of entitlement, and a misunderstanding of the facts.

You will Live.

You will get over it.

You might better understand those you engage with.

You might curb your actions.

All positives in my book.

Have you engaged in 'group' bullying which wouldn't have happened if you were alone?

When around others trying to bully you in some form, how do you react.

Do you cheer when the masses 'out' someone without knowing the facts.

We can be manipulated into reacting in ways we may not choose be to if more knowledgeable. Knowledge is power.

2000 years ago knowledge was limited, and the transmission of any knowledge over distance was very slow. We don't live in those days. We should start acting like it.

6 hours ago, landess said:
Spoiler

Ostracize

This was an amazingly powerful tool for trying to control social conduct in the past. Then, it meant not being able to survive with the help of others. A death sentence for most. Why was the distrust of strangers so prevalent? Obviously if those you were around before didn't want you - reasons. Better safe than sorry. These terms didn't make themselves up.

Fast forward to the present and with the increased populations, it became easier to hide in plain sight if ones actions weren't acceptable, yet not enough to make the top ten most wanted.

Now add modern technology to track and identify everybody. One might be involved in an embarrassing or illegal activity with no real action taken. If these 'transgressions' are somehow recorded somewhere, then there is now leverage against them, waiting. Step out of line with the wrong entities, and look - all this dirty laundry is brought forth for ALL to examine and critique.

In general, modern applications of this are simple social suicide. It's power lies in the conceit of those unwilling to accept the consequences of their actions, resulting in many others ready to expose them if able/when the time is 'right'.

Simple examples which mirror this might be "I'm unfriending you". Yet these people act like it's 2000 years ago and now they ARE going to die. Businesses using things like credit scores to determine a persons ability to function in society. A teacher telling someone to 'stand in the corner' for all to see.

Public humiliation is the first step, and the amount of attention it derives from others is the final vote. For some this will have devastating effects, while others can shrug it off. Usually it should affect those with a high social standing more than the common man. So when one sees a severe reaction to this from a common man, and neither family/career/home are affected in any way, it screams of entitlement, and a misunderstanding of the facts.

You will Live.

You will get over it.

You might better understand those you engage with.

You might curb your actions.

All positives in my book.

Have you engaged in 'group' bullying which wouldn't have happened if you were alone?

When around others trying to bully you in some form, how do you react.

Do you cheer when the masses 'out' someone without knowing the facts.

We can be manipulated into reacting in ways we may not choose be to if more knowledgeable. Knowledge is power.

2000 years ago knowledge was limited, and the transmission of any knowledge over distance was very slow. We don't live in those days. We should start acting like it.

What starts as parody often becomes reality, the cancel culture cucks out there probably heard music like this, and quietly thought to themselves, 'way to go "kid" make the mob dance like puppets'

College campuses are even worse; a breeding ground for cancel culture, doxing, faux outrage, and mob violence.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:05 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

Awww......come on you GUYS! You know those are innocent instructional vids. The close-ups of the tits and ass were just to show correct form and stuff, lol. :classic_smile:

Actually, I kinda liked the tongue in cheek way sex was approached back then. It made being a pervert so much more satisfying.

*ahem*

*dials 1-800 number*

"I-I've got a teenage daughter... right... I want to encourage her to get more physically fit... right."

I kinda feel sorry for Alyssa Milano, actually.

9 minutes ago, flutie said:

my dad 

Twitty Conway is your dad?!?

OK, perhaps not the man himself, but I get it.

I wish my own dad had been like that. I'm his caregiver now, but the number of miscues/missteps he made as a father to me, his only son... Now that he's in the vulnerable position... I have to really measure the words I say.

Well, no one gets to choose their parents. Doesn't mean you can't be critical of them.