What's on your mind?

On 1/6/2020 at 7:05 PM, Alkpaz said:

Well, honestly, the only pre-order I did recently a few months ago was Cyberpunk 2077. I normally get the season passes on sale, and I have enough of a backlog to keep me busy for possibly years if I were never to buy another game (source: https://steamcommunity.com/id/alkpaz ) .  Much of the AAA gripes usually stem from launch, and over time with patches, gets better. In the end the person who reaps the greatest reward is the one who waits for 50-75% discounts. 

I hope it is as good as we all want it to be (Cyberpunk)

Also I agree with the best to wait until high discounts. If you follow that.. who the fuck cares about DLCs vs Season pass. lol Often times ... it is all part of the package on sale then. That or a couple of bucks you get everything. (looking at you Fallout 3 and Oblivion)

On 1/11/2020 at 6:45 AM, ToJKa said:

Fahrenheits are weird.

I have to agree. As an american, I grew up with it and never thought too much about it, but since I don't have a use for formulas and physics day to day, it works for me.

It would be in everyone's best interest to let the old system die (along with every other antiquated system of measurement) and only use the 'digital' Celsius/Centigrade system.

Cups, gallons, quarts, miles, name it -  has a better system in place, yet it's easy to see why it lingers.... Capitalism!

You can't expect a government to take a big dump on any company currently making anything which uses the older measurement system, which would invalidate their investment, causing huge losses on stocked items, as well as all the tax money made from these items waiting to be sold.

Yes, Capitalism stands in direct conflict with Progress. I know some tech has a short lifespan as better is created, but that doesn't stop companies from overstocking, requiring mass sales to clear stock before new tech is made available for the public.

Centigrade 'tech' has been around since I was a kid - why isn't it standard?

A waking Dream :

A (fictional) charity event was being reported on by our local TV station, and they were camping it up like it was the St. Patrick's day parade (only smaller and being held in a gym)

They had a little routine planned for the middle-aged anchor who had to stay back in the studio,

They'd kiss one of the movie stars there in attendance for him, and she would pretend to go into an orgasmic fit.

Only, they flubbed the scene badly, one of the female anchors whispered to her if she could kiss her head, And she did, a sort of an awkward peck on the top of her noggin.

Then it got worse from there...the actress did her little rehearsed orgasmic dance, while the audience watched in dead silence.

And as I was awaking, the dream kept on going, her dance went wrong when she tripped and two male employees helped her to her feet (more dead silence.)

THEN

I came here after microwaving tea, and a user who hasn't been seen in years was here.

Whoa! I woke up, she's my movie star, I'm the anchor.

And I thought to say something....(I even have an almost-meme)

100861547_ancientusers.JPG.7fbd17fea7e06eb5841a9fe5ce354712.JPG

But it would be inappropriate (unless they said it) and I don't really know any of you at all.

"Awkward" is the theme of my morning so far

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder why some people age better than others? My brother and I seem to have aged rather well even though we have had very different lives. He's abused his body with "fast" living for 35 yrs and is still a handsome fucker- I hate to admit. I'm 50 and everyone doesn't believe me when I tell them. Is it just genetics? The water? What?

I'm not bragging, mind you, because I feel very old some times and can look ragged. Viewing pictures of stars from the 80's both then and now , most of them look terribly old and are hardly recognizable. But, a few still look more or less the same.

On 2/5/2020 at 3:48 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

Wonder why some people age better than others? My brother and I seem to have aged rather well even though we have had very different lives. He's abused his body with "fast" living for 35 yrs and is still a handsome fucker- I hate to admit. I'm 50 and everyone doesn't believe me when I tell them. Is it just genetics? The water? What?

I'm not bragging, mind you, because I feel very old some times and can look ragged. Viewing pictures of stars from the 80's both then and now , most of them look terribly old and are hardly recognizable. But, a few still look more or less the same.

Maybe she's born with it, maybe its maybellean.    is it real or is it magnivox?   (can't think of any more 80s commercial one liners)

13 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

That logo intro still rocks. 

Ah yes, that thing that used to play at the beginning of all my dad's bootleg movie tapes. It's how I watched Ghostbusters, Strange Brew, or most other movies that came out in the early 80s.

11 hours ago, 27X said:

Shortly followed by naughty aerobics.

He probably kept those ones hidden in a private stash.

32 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

Ah yes, that thing that used to play at the beginning of all my dad's bootleg movie tapes. It's how I watched Ghostbusters, Strange Brew, or most other movies that came out in the early 80s.

He probably kept those ones hidden in a private stash.

6 hours ago, 27X said:

Awww......come on you GUYS! You know those are innocent instructional vids. The close-ups of the tits and ass were just to show correct form and stuff, lol. :classic_smile:

Actually, I kinda liked the tongue in cheek way sex was approached back then. It made being a pervert so much more satisfying.

All this talk about women in media reminds me of this thing

Guerrilla-GirlsHemsida-1240x640-620x320.

I recently saw a news article about how something like 5% of women get their art into a museum yet 85% of art is female nudes.

This is clearly outrageous. We need more male nudes.

I'm bored. Can you tell? But serious speak. They're called the Guerrilla Girls who call out sexism in the art industry. They got a website and everything: https://www.guerrillagirls.com/

Give them your support. I mean if you want. I just barely learned about them so I won't blame you if you don't feel like supporting them.

10 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Robert Conrad

I don't watch news, or TV for that matter. Thanks for the heads up. I grew up watching The Wild Wild West, on the floor with the family. Yep, kids used to actually lay on floors and watch TV. Dad had the couch, so it was the only way to 'stretch out'.

We enjoyed the unique way they 'added' to the scene before each major commercial break so by the end, that very scene was a compilation of the entire story.

Plus Conrad's West was a manly man - so much like Shatner's Kirk in a way. It sucks getting old - I'm starting to know every entertainer whom passes.

>What's currently on my mind is: Just decided to watch Terminator: Dark Fate and found it not near as bad as I expected. But I did notice something - Tim Miller gave this the JJ Abrams/Star Wars Force Awakens treatment. It hits all the check marks of the first two movies and puts them into one.

I personally never cared for the John Conner character in T2. At my age he was just a punk to me. Time hasn't been kind to my impression so the 'situation' at the beginning bothers me not. Our new 'Reese' character is emotionally all over the place, but thank god for Linda and Arnie. Without them the movie would've sucked really bad. Otherwise it really does feel like a second rate remake attempt.

Tim Miller is a special effects dude, so a lot makes sense. More Action - Less Talk!

Playing Terminator: Resistance recently may have clouded my judgement.

14 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Robert Conrad (a.k.a. James West, Pappy Boyington) died today.  *has a sad* :classic_sad:

You know.......in some cultures, they actually celebrate a person's death because their pain and struggles in this life are over or they get to pass into the glorious afterlife, etc. We're "sad" for ourselves because we will miss them/fear our own deaths when we should be happy for them- or so the thinking goes. So, I'm just going to drink a toast to people's death from now on with a smile on my face and wish them a fine adieu.

@KoolHndLuke et al:

My uncle and Robert Conrad died too young compared to (eg) George Burns, but bodybuilding was their hobby.

This is taking a very long time to write, my expensive new keyboard appears to have a tiny bug....anyway it's depressing that no matter what a person does or how they treat their body, they die.

I think George Burns never exercised, but I could be wrong (probably am.)

and didn't he live to be 99 or so?

If I die let it be of heart failure (like Conrad did), not that I'm making a wish or anything but it sounds lots better than leukemia

Capture.JPG.17aeb267d39c1363aba5beb683f687be.JPG

1 hour ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

I think George Burns never exercised, but I could be wrong (probably am.)

I don't know how old he was, but it was pretty old. And he still smoked cigars, drank and chased women right up till the end I think. I think I would rather die fighting or something. You know, get shot or crash a car or something so I don't feel pain for very long.