What's on your mind?

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Yes because a gun is a weapon operated by a crew. Rifles and pistols are small arms designed to be used by an individual. ?

Tools and toys for the uncivilized barbarians, anyway. :classic_dry:

Spoiler

Wonder what thread will get locked next making it one less thread to socialize. It's inevitable. They all eventually do. I have my money on this thread getting locked one day.

1 hour ago, endgame † addiction said:

Wonder what thread will get locked next making it one less thread to socialize. It's inevitable. They all eventually do. I have my money on this thread getting locked one day.

Just don't say what pisses you off.    That really pisses me.........nvm.

Quite excited for the upcoming Loki show after the blasts that were WandaVision and The Falcon And The Winter Soldier, i'm liking the lineup MCU has got down the line for phase 4, they're taking things slowly and steadily building back momentum. There's also that Shang-Chi movie dropping this year which looks rad as hell.

Meanwhile on the DC side...

Seriously, how hard can it be to not fuck up like this? Why does Clark Kent have to be black when there are already different, original black characters from the comics who are also Superman? They could've easily gone with the multiverse build up with multiple different Supermen from different timelines but nope, "gotta take an existing character and race-swap them because we're too devoid of creativity and patience".

DC just can't stop tripping. It's insane with all that money and facilities they still can't get the basics right. 58486a72849cf46a2a931338.png.945230f7f3e3cc6370b1d98b2db8177d.png

How I'm getting old and crotchety (okay, more crotchety). A couple years ago LL had an open discussion about the block feature. You know, where you can block seeing any post from a particular person. I remember then thinking, "if I don't want to read someone's posts all I have to do is not read them. I don't need a technological solution." Now, I want one. The problem is that I am not interested in blocking a particular person but a particular type of post (actually two types: those that are extremely negative and those that simply make no sense). So, if someone has an app that will allow me to keep those posts off my screen I would be very pleased.

The 'What really Pisses you off' thread remains locked so I'm posting this here.

Alabama overturns decades-old ban on yoga in schools

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57204355

Ye gods, where to start?

That is not yoga. What they are showing there is, if anything, a dumbed-down version of Iyengar Yoga (after its creator B.K.S. Iyengar) which itself is an off-shoot of Hatha Yoga.

The two most important aspects of yoga are the way you live your life and meditation. It is a life long enterprise and not something your do for 30 minutes once or twice a week.

The Christians here are doing what Christians have done for 2000 years - suppress knowledge and anything else for which they have no alternative to.

3 hours ago, Psalam said:

I am not interested in blocking a particular person

While I understand your concern, I can also say without the technology to enter a database of filters to use for this purpose (content of a post) then choosing whether or not to block someone is your only choice.

As another old and crotchety individual, life has taught me: If they do it once, they're 99.9% sure to do it again. If one finds a majority of posts by an individual to be offending for whatever reason, you can be sure you'll see it again and again. Don't be like the kids today - so afraid they'll miss something that they suffer stupidity - just do it! Once you see you're not missing anything, then the peace you desire has been achieved.

Think of how much stuff you'll NEVER read or see due to the shear volume of options. Not seeing one more won't affect you at all.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

The 'What really Pisses you off' thread remains locked so I'm posting this here.

Alabama overturns decades-old ban on yoga in schools

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57204355

Ye gods, where to start?

That is not yoga. What they are showing there is, if anything, a dumbed-down version of Iyengar Yoga (after its creator B.K.S. Iyengar) which itself is an off-shoot of Hatha Yoga.

The two most important aspects of yoga are the way you live your life and meditation. It is a life long enterprise and not something your do for 30 minutes once or twice a week.

The Christians here are doing what Christians have done for 2000 years - suppress knowledge and anything else for which they have no alternative to.

It was overturned as in abolished. What is even worth being mildly upset about such a thing. It didn't even carry any penalty in the larger society outside of any school house. No one was blacklisted after being fired from their jobs for allowing anyone to engage in even the most watered down Yogic routines. 

That feels absolutely quaint compared to what other special interest groups do these days. 

23 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

Quite excited for the upcoming Loki show after the blasts that were WandaVision and The Falcon And The Winter Soldier, i'm liking the lineup MCU has got down the line for phase 4, they're taking things slowly and steadily building back momentum. There's also that Shang-Chi movie dropping this year which looks rad as hell.

Meanwhile on the DC side...

Seriously, how hard can it be to not fuck up like this? Why does Clark Kent have to be black when there are already different, original characters from the comics who are also Superman? They could've easily gone with the multiverse build up with multiple different Supermen from different timelines but nope, "gotta take an existing character and race-swap them because we're too devoid of creativity and patience".

DC just can't stop tripping. It's insane with all that money and facilities they still can't get the basics right. 58486a72849cf46a2a931338.png.945230f7f3e3cc6370b1d98b2db8177d.png

*scratches head* I might as well give my two cents. But first I'll be honest I never really cared for Comic Book Jesus aka Superman. That said If they are advertising it as superman but a black guy is playing him he probably just got the role because he is a good actor. If they are advertising the fact that superman is black it is likely going to be a terrible movie. Part of me is hoping it is just a side effect of Hollywood being color blind which is still better than them being racist. On the other hand it could be DC's insecurity. From a friend in the comic book business I learned that DC is barely getting by and to make matters worse Warner Brothers and by extension DC was recently bought by a telephone company who doesn't know the first thing about comics.

Sometimes I wonder how many people freaked out over Samuel Jackson playing Nick Fury and not in the "Its Samuel L fucking Jackson!" way.

The real question is: Why does pepe look so scared? He'll be fine as long as he doesn't drink any water.?

15 hours ago, Psalam said:

So, if someone has an app that will allow me to keep those posts off my screen I would be very pleased.

? Such an invention would make certain major social media platforms actually digestible