What's on your mind?

Watching a Video - one of those types where a speaker lectures some college students, then takes questions - I was reminded of my past and noticed a correlation with these young people. They have great ideas about change, about fixing things, and many times do some actual investigations into the system they'd like to see change introduced to.

What experience has taught me and I can see these young people also lack - Inter-connectivity between systems must be fully understood before reasonable change could be introduced. Sure, one could simply rip out an older way of doing things - change the system - but without understanding how that would affect ALL the other systems connected to it would cause chaos, even possible failure of it or other systems. I applaud anyone interested in making anything better. Yet without understanding the cliche'd 'BIGGER' picture, it would do more damage than good.

Trying to get these 'motivated' people educated in the bigger picture is hard when they are so focused on their specific narrative and feel threatened when their ideas are denounced due to improper knowledge of the inter-connectivity involved.

Any system is the product of experience in how to do whatever it is that it does. Many people have invested time and effort bringing it into it's present state. Trial and error, adaptations to other systems, experience with people involved - all go into shaping it over time to be what it is today. Then you get some young gun with a singular thought and they are going to revolutionize it? No, not going to happen.

I'm pretty sure piss thread has been locked for more than 24 hours. Is it really that cursed? I get that politics is the most toxic of fandoms though I cannot help but laugh. My laughing probably is making things more cursed which is kind of funny. That said I don't want it to end up like reddit:

This is actually pretty funny. NO WAIT! I don't want that. Too cursed~ Too cursed~

37 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

I think that thread is bad news.  LoversLab has people from all walks of life visiting here for adult content in gaming.  This is supposed to be an inviting community.  And discussing politics goes against that because people can't seem to remain civil.  Eventually someone gets offended, drama ensues, then comes a moderator to clean things up, rinse and repeat.  Since the thread is still locked, I guess the staff is starting to get fed up with the situation.

Can't blame them. Telling people to stop over and over has got to be frustrating.

5 hours ago, landess said:

Watching a Video - one of those types where a speaker lectures some college students, then takes questions - I was reminded of my past and noticed a correlation with these young people. They have great ideas about change, about fixing things, and many times do some actual investigations into the system they'd like to see change introduced to.

What experience has taught me and I can see these young people also lack - Inter-connectivity between systems must be fully understood before reasonable change could be introduced. Sure, one could simply rip out an older way of doing things - change the system - but without understanding how that would affect ALL the other systems connected to it would cause chaos, even possible failure of it or other systems. I applaud anyone interested in making anything better. Yet without understanding the cliche'd 'BIGGER' picture, it would do more damage than good.

Trying to get these 'motivated' people educated in the bigger picture is hard when they are so focused on their specific narrative and feel threatened when their ideas are denounced due to improper knowledge of the inter-connectivity involved.

Any system is the product of experience in how to do whatever it is that it does. Many people have invested time and effort bringing it into it's present state. Trial and error, adaptations to other systems, experience with people involved - all go into shaping it over time to be what it is today. Then you get some young gun with a singular thought and they are going to revolutionize it? No, not going to happen.

I initially agreed, but then I thought of the moon shot and the "shooting from the hip" engineering that was done.  Yes, I know it wasn't reckless, just had a much higher risk acceptance.    Then I realize that the older I get, I have a lower tolerance of risk because I do know "how each system touches the next".    So is it really reckless, the ideas of youth or is it you have a lower risk tolerance?

Middle age  When the narrowness of the hips and the broadness of the mind switch places.

2 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

So is it really reckless, the ideas of youth or is it you have a lower risk tolerance?

I guess to expand on my experience. I was working for a company doing a specific job, and saw a way it could be made much easier. When discussing this with managers I was made aware of how this would interfere with other departments, causing them massive issues and making their workload much harder. Sure - it would've made my work simpler, but at a much higher 'cost' to others than I was experiencing by simply following procedure.

So when someone wants everyone to drop what they are doing and suddenly do things their way, I doubt they have the foresight to have thought everything completely through as I myself learned.

As for the moon shot - that is cutting edge. There is no experience of note to really draw from, such as law enforcement which has been practiced for thousands of years in some form with proven history over time. This meant they really had to be on their 'A' game - hense using the best minds, and we still got an Apollo 13, which demonstrates both sides of the coin. (not to mention Apollo 1)

My initial though process which spawned the first post I made was a bit of realization to why young people with little life experience seem to suggest radical change. It's not like all generations before them were sitting around with their finger up their ass. Most everything we do and know is built upon the experience and knowledge of those whom came before - a slow and tedious process for most things in life.

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

Oscars ratings hit an all-time low.  Evidently I'm not the only one who thinks Hollywood is trash.

Completely agree. Even mainstream music. If you were to ask me who are the known new actors, I wouldn't be able to give you one because I have no clue. I stopped paying attention to Hollywood decades ago.

I'm still laughing at Hollywoke and their inability to grasp how much normies just don't care about them anymore. Lame stream media was crying last year's Oscars had poor ratings and now they and their Twittiot army are desperately trying to justify why it was so bad this year. "It's not because people don't care about celebrities, it's because so few movies were released last year! We're still relevant! We are!"

Sorry, but everyone I know says they can't stand Hollywoke anymore. As does everyone I've talked to online except for a few who could be called "celebrity simps." The same people who slavishly follow a celebrity and defend them no matter how heinous their actions are.

5 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I'm still laughing at Hollywoke and their inability to grasp how much normies just don't care about them anymore. Lame stream media was crying last year's Oscars had poor ratings and now they and their Twittiot army are desperately trying to justify why it was so bad this year. "It's not because people don't care about celebrities, it's because so few movies were released last year! We're still relevant! We are!"

Sorry, but everyone I know says they can't stand Hollywoke anymore. As does everyone I've talked to online except for a few who could be called "celebrity simps." The same people who slavishly follow a celebrity and defend them no matter how heinous their actions are.

Not to sound like a hipster but I never did trust the Oscars and their shiny bowties. Calling them "celebrity simps" is correct but not woke just simps. Calling them woke would mean some revolution is about.

9 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

The same people who slavishly follow a celebrity and defend them no matter how heinous their actions are.

I'm going to put my money on Amber Heard being one of them.

Eh, okay. I may have lied. I honestly don't know when this chick started in the film industry, but I only know of her because of the scandal between her and pirate boy.

51 minutes ago, endgame † addiction said:

I'm going to put my money on Amber Heard being one of them.

Eh, okay. I may have lied. I honestly don't know when this chick started in the film industry, but I only know of her because of the scandal between her and pirate boy.

I first 'heard' of her when she starred in that John Carpenter film - The Ward - as Carpenter hadn't done anything for awhile, and hasn't really since. But besides the thing with Depp, I'll always remember her for her performance in the Nick Cage movie - Drive Angry.  Her 'Mera' performance took too many queues from the first Wonder Woman film as a 'fish out of water'.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Taco Bell

Dogs, cats, and finally . . . 

Looks like not 'all' restaurants in the future were Taco Bell. North Korea? I just don't want to think about it. If we liberate, we're bad guys - if we don't, we're 'good' guys. K9 rations for all. No sushi, just poochi. I wonder what they feed guard dogs?