What's on your mind?

2 hours ago, Darkpig said:

*scratches head* I might as well give my two cents. But first I'll be honest I never really cared for Comic Book Jesus aka Superman. That said If they are advertising it as superman but a black guy is playing him he probably just got the role because he is a good actor. If they are advertising the fact that superman is black it is likely going to be a terrible movie. Part of me is hoping it is just a side effect of Hollywood being color blind which is still better than them being racist. On the other hand it could be DC's insecurity. From a friend in the comic book business I learned that DC is barely getting by and to make matters worse Warner Brothers and by extension DC was recently bought by a telephone company who doesn't know the first thing about comics.

Sometimes I wonder how many people freaked out over Samuel Jackson playing Nick Fury and not in the "Its Samuel L fucking Jackson!" way.

The real question is: Why does pepe look so scared? He'll be fine as long as he doesn't drink any water.?

The race of Superman is not as important as the writer handling the affair. That is the most significant point of failure there. 

i broke my number one rule and posted a reply to lovers pay bandit or something while drunk because i thought i might have found a mod incompatibility. but after rethinking it I think its pretty likely that i must have just opened an npcs inventory because the bounty was only 25 not the 40 it would have to have been for it to be the assult charge my beer addled mind thought it was.

and oh boy am i paying for it relized something was wrong with my male khajiits tried to fix it and now im 99% sure im going to have to do a fresh install snd im trerrifyed of fucking it up worse this time.

god i need to get my ac in so i can actually sleep

edit: found the comment and deleted it thank god i coulkd do that

22 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

The race of Superman is not as important as the writer handling the affair. That is the most significant point of failure there. 

Writer ? You mean the candy dispenser ?

KRRRTT

Oh I got Zack Snyder & Original Jesus candy

15 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

The 'What really Pisses you off' thread remains locked so I'm posting this here.

Alabama overturns decades-old ban on yoga in schools

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57204355

Ye gods, where to start?

That is not yoga. What they are showing there is, if anything, a dumbed-down version of Iyengar Yoga (after its creator B.K.S. Iyengar) which itself is an off-shoot of Hatha Yoga.

The two most important aspects of yoga are the way you live your life and meditation. It is a life long enterprise and not something your do for 30 minutes once or twice a week.

The Christians here are doing what Christians have done for 2000 years - suppress knowledge and anything else for which they have no alternative to.

You haven't the faintest fucking idea what you're talking about. Yet again.

India itself separated yogic practices and the religion over a hundred years ago.

Most of the yoga centers in the US are run by first and second gen Indians, or by people who traveled to India for on average 5-10 years to learn the discipline and methods, and whether they took the spiritual teachings was entirely of their own volition.

Learning Iyengar or Hatha is entirely up to a mutual decision of the teacher and students.

Secondly, the first Hatha Swami to live in the United States to teach the religion rejected the use of asanas outright as outdated superstition and it would be thirty years later before anyone tried arguing with him, so there goes your christian white man co-opts brown wisdom for evil conservatism bullshit right there.

The oldest yogic school in America had separate classes for all five forms since day one.

Thirdly, Iyengar openly approved of his teachings being splintered off into disciplines and his Massachusetts center is still to this day practices only part of his total teachings, since the 80s.

and Fourth, one state in the union does not the United States represent.

Take your half assed purely made up antiamerican wikiwank somewhere else.

2 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

yep... that's why I have been hesitant to do so to this point.

I played it for few hours and it was not my cup of tea, too hard for me. Still, I think it's a good mod, if you like that kind of things. It's a complete overhaul, which destroys every quest and npc and let you free roam on a very deadly mojave, trying to survive and go out from there (I've read this, I didn't manage to go too far). I did encounter few bugs, like killing a cannibal failed a vanilla quest, it's a sign of some leftover. But it's quite unharmful per se, on the big picture of things: you don't really care of quests if the overhaul is supposed to not have quests.

Other than that, as for FO4 F.R.O.S.T. , balancement is very hard to do, most mods you install will have conflicts due to how many records modifies. It's made to be played on its own, or with mods/patches made specifically for it.

On 5/22/2021 at 9:42 AM, 27X said:

You haven't the faintest fucking idea what you're talking about. Yet again.

Are you talking to the mirror again?

India itself separated yogic practices and the religion over a hundred years ago.

Where did I mention a connection between yoga and religion?

Where is your source for this hundred year old divorce.

Most of the yoga centers in the US are run by first and second gen Indians, or by people who traveled to India for on average 5-10 years to learn the discipline and methods, and whether they took the spiritual teachings was entirely of their own volition.

Irrelevant to any of my points even if your are half the expert on the demographics and travel habits of yoga instructers you think you are.

Learning Iyengar or Hatha is entirely up to a mutual decision of the teacher and students.

Again, this is irrelevant to any of my points.

The oldest yogic school in America had separate classes for all five forms since day one.

Again, irrelevant to any of my points.

What school would that be?

Thirdly, Iyengar openly approved of his teachings being splintered off into disciplines and his Massachusetts center is still to this day practices only part of his total teachings, since the 80s.

Again, irrelevant to any of my points.

Do you have a source for Iyengar's approval?

and Fourth, one state in the union does not the United States represent.

Did I say it did?

Take your half assed purely made up antiamerican wikiwank somewhere else.

Why is it anti-American? What does it have to do with whatever wikiwank is?

13 hours ago, Darkpig said:

*scratches head* I might as well give my two cents. But first I'll be honest I never really cared for Comic Book Jesus aka Superman. That said If they are advertising it as superman but a black guy is playing him he probably just got the role because he is a good actor. If they are advertising the fact that superman is black it is likely going to be a terrible movie. Part of me is hoping it is just a side effect of Hollywood being color blind which is still better than them being racist. On the other hand it could be DC's insecurity. From a friend in the comic book business I learned that DC is barely getting by and to make matters worse Warner Brothers and by extension DC was recently bought by a telephone company who doesn't know the first thing about comics.

Sometimes I wonder how many people freaked out over Samuel Jackson playing Nick Fury and not in the "Its Samuel L fucking Jackson!" way.

The real question is: Why does pepe look so scared? He'll be fine as long as he doesn't drink any water.?

I don't care about comic book jesus either actually, the amount of comics i've read in my life is miniscule compared to the amount of manga i read in a month so to speak, but i am interested in the movie side of things. I think the problem with the Samuel L Jackson comparison is that he took the role of a relatively unknown character, before MCU exploded barely anybody knew or cared about Nick Fury, so they had a lot of flexibility in terms of who they can pick. Add that to the fact that Samuel L Jackson has the charisma of the sun and and an ocean full of talent it was a brilliant move. They also did the same with Heimdall who is a pale character in the comics but was played by Idris Elba in the movies, nobody batted an eye because the character was relatively unknown and because Elba is a great actor.

But what DC is doing with Superman is a whole different thing because they're taking one of the most recognizable characters and race-swapping him, which is stupid given that there are already black versions of the Superman in the comics who aren't called Clark Kent. In the DC comics multiverse they're different characters and have different personalities, names, affiliations, backstories and identities. They're also Superman, but not Clark Kent. WB is sitting on a goldmine of characters yet they'd rather race-swap Clark Kent for no good reason.

Think of the whole Spiderverse thing, in the comics there are different Spiderman versions, all different in their own ways and one of them also being black. Marvel knew better to adapt all of them into the movies and start giving them the spotlight they deserve instead of throwing their hands in the air and saying "Welp, we'll make Peter Parker black now". I mean lets be honest, who cared about Shang-Chi before the trailer dropped this year? How many people cared about the Guardians Of The Galaxy before those movies? Or Black Panther, or Falcon, very few. Same with Iron Man before 2008 but MCU seems to be more interested in expanding their catalogue with a diverse range of characters instead of race-swapping the ones that are too recognizable for that stuff.

It's just lazy. And yeah that whole AT&T with DC thing also seems to be gutting them a lot. DC just can't seem to get it straight lol.

20 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I was going to say something along those lines but never did for... some... reason.

To summarize my point: in a perfect world they would get the perfect actor to play the perfect superman but since it is not a perfect world there is no perfect superman. So sad.

9 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

They're also Superman, but not Clark Kent. WB is sitting on a goldmine of characters yet they'd rather race-swap Clark Kent for no good reason.

Depends if the script was already written or not. If not disregard this statement.

14 hours ago, Mr. Otaku said:

I don't care about comic book jesus either actually, the amount of comics i've read in my life is miniscule compared to the amount of manga i read in a month so to speak, but i am interested in the movie side of things. I think the problem with the Samuel L Jackson comparison is that he took the role of a relatively unknown character, before MCU exploded barely anybody knew or cared about Nick Fury, so they had a lot of flexibility in terms of who they can pick. Add that to the fact that Samuel L Jackson has the charisma of the sun and and an ocean full of talent it was a brilliant move. They also did the same with Heimdall who is a pale character in the comics but was played by Idris Elba in the movies, nobody batted an eye because the character was relatively unknown and because Elba is a great actor.

But what DC is doing with Superman is a whole different thing because they're taking one of the most recognizable characters and race-swapping him, which is stupid given that there are already black versions of the Superman in the comics who aren't called Clark Kent. In the DC comics multiverse they're different characters and have different personalities, names, affiliations, backstories and identities. They're also Superman, but not Clark Kent. WB is sitting on a goldmine of characters yet they'd rather race-swap Clark Kent for no good reason.

Think of the whole Spiderverse thing, in the comics there are different Spiderman versions, all different in their own ways and one of them also being black. Marvel knew better to adapt all of them into the movies and start giving them the spotlight they deserve instead of throwing their hands in the air and saying "Welp, we'll make Peter Parker black now". I mean lets be honest, who cared about Shang-Chi before the trailer dropped this year? How many people cared about the Guardians Of The Galaxy before those movies? Or Black Panther, or Falcon, very few. Same with Iron Man before 2008 but MCU seems to be more interested in expanding their catalogue with a diverse range of characters instead of race-swapping the ones that are too recognizable for that stuff.

It's just lazy. And yeah that whole AT&T with DC thing also seems to be gutting them a lot. DC just can't seem to get it straight lol.

Icon or Static would have been fine lead characters to use in place of Superman since no one has made any use of the iconic form of Superman in so long that newcomers would likely not be able to see what the appeal of the character was in the first place.

Icon_022.jpg.da6e0a8e030d6b8a9650fccf14b7d4c3.jpgdcc3579b9409faff030cfb9bfa58d0d9.jpg.675ade632c44488892104066bd1966d4.jpg

Scowly rage-filled subverted Supes might as well be Apollo from The Authority or Omni-Man from Invincible. Even then, Apollo chalks up more Progressive Points due to his homosexual relationship with the stand in for Batman, Midnighter.

eaf2d3b4c2d65e1e3ee871dd4de0e753--fandoms.jpg.9f65552fda6dab4a84407900d5699517.jpg

The Ryan Reynolds vehicle Green Lantern movie was such a bomb that no one would object to the John Stewart version of Green Lantern taking his place. They probably wouldn't anyway since JS is one of the most popular Green Lanterns as it is. 

john_stewart_green_lantern_by_mystic_oracle-d4nai6p.thumb.jpg.0924467a0ca0191ed27cecb39f26b9ad.jpg

This thread itself and the 're-imagining' (with a grievance monger at the helm of the writer's room) has probably inspired me to think more about depictions of Superman (other than the old DC Animated Universe which was perfection)than I have in years. It seems to have had the same effect on many other people out there which is ultimately the goal, one could suppose. Any press is good press for some companies (even if that kind of press eventually gets some companies sold off by their parent companies).

18 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

<snip>

More or less, yeah.

WB just can't understand what made MCU such a sucess, they tried to copy Disney but in all the wrong ways and now they've just given up and gone full ballistic on performative nonsense that does nobody any good in the long run, which is even funnier because outside of MCU Disney too seems to be just as incompetent. WB doesn't know why a black Captain America did so well, they think making Clark Kent black will yield the same results.

We could've had a nice MCU vs DCEU rivalry going but nope, it's just MCU at the helm. I mean really, when the weakest MCU entries are better than or as good as your strongest entries you know you fucked up really bad somewhere.

Ode to the Mouse- that wee gizmo we mindlessly click and push around all day. :)

Spoiler

Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim’rous beastie,
O, what a panic’s in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
          Wi’ bickerin brattle!
I wad be laith to rin an’ chase thee
          Wi’ murd’ring pattle!

I’m truly sorry Man’s dominion
Has broken Nature’s social union,
An’ justifies that ill opinion,
          Which makes thee startle,
At me, thy poor, earth-born companion,
          An’ fellow-mortal!

I doubt na, whyles, but thou may thieve;
What then? poor beastie, thou maun live!
A daimen-icker in a thrave
          ’S a sma’ request:
I’ll get a blessin wi’ the lave,
          An’ never miss ’t!

Thy wee-bit housie, too, in ruin!
It’s silly wa’s the win’s are strewin!
An’ naething, now, to big a new ane,
          O’ foggage green!
An’ bleak December’s winds ensuin,
          Baith snell an’ keen!

Thou saw the fields laid bare an’ waste,
An’ weary Winter comin fast,
An’ cozie here, beneath the blast,
          Thou thought to dwell,
Till crash! the cruel coulter past
          Out thro’ thy cell.

That wee-bit heap o’ leaves an’ stibble
Has cost thee monie a weary nibble!
Now thou’s turn’d out, for a’ thy trouble,
          But house or hald,
To thole the Winter’s sleety dribble,
          An’ cranreuch cauld!

But Mousie, thou art no thy-lane,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men
          Gang aft agley,
An’ lea’e us nought but grief an’ pain,
          For promis’d joy!

Still, thou art blest, compar’d wi’ me!
The present only toucheth thee:
But Och! I backward cast my e’e,
          On prospects drear!
An’ forward tho’ I canna see,
          I guess an’ fear!

Mollie Tibbet killer was found guilty of the First Degree Murder. Which is good.

Unfortunately, Iowa has no death penalty which means the shithead will get lifetime of meals, hot showers and roof over his head for taxpayers money. Which sucks donkey dick.

17 minutes ago, Canaris said:

Mollie Tibbet killer was found guilty of the First Degree Murder. Which is good.

Unfortunately, Iowa has no death penalty which means the shithead will get lifetime of meals, hot showers and roof over his head for taxpayers money. Which sucks donkey dick.

Such compassion and eloquence. Your parents must be so proud.

Nothing to do with the convicted guy being an immigrant is it?

7 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Such compassion and eloquence. Your parents must be so proud.

Nothing to do with the convicted guy being an immigrant is it?

I have no passion for someone who guts a girl with a knife, rapes her while her entrails are spilling on the ground and then leaves her do die. 
I dont give a fuck who he is, where he comes from etc because he should have only one destination - right against the wall while the father holds the rifle and does the deed. 

Take that shitty bait of yours and fuck right off to twitter.

Edited by Canaris

11 hours ago, Canaris said:

I have no passion for someone who guts a girl with a knife, rapes her while her entrails are spilling on the ground and then leaves her do die. 
I dont give a fuck who he is, where he comes from etc because he should have only one destination - right against the wall while the father holds the rifle and does the deed. 

Take that shitty bait of yours and fuck right off to twitter.

The market is oversaturated on other platforms. Bringing that material there could lead to cancellation...actual program scheduling cancellation, not social ostracization type 'cancellation'. 

Da fock iz goin on 'ere bruv? Dis thread gon get locked too fams cum on now.

3kx9ls.png.87e7265bf231d5019c0e1ee1412c33fc.png

Spoiler

On a serious note i do believe there should be a limit to how compassionate one can be. I looked into this case for a bit and i see no reason for that killer to be left alive and allowed to consume any resources. Capital punishment? Yeah it's a harsh concept but some do commit insane crimes and deserve harsh repercussions. Some people are just complete psychos and it's best if they're put down for good no matter who they are and where they're from.

Tragedies like this make it really hard for me to not think of lifetime prison torture as a good punishment, if the girl who died were my family i know i would've wanted nothing less. Mercy should have it's limits. This is a stark proof of how flawed the justice system is where thousands of people are falsely convicted for years if not decades every year yet completely psychotic criminals with not a shred of empathy or humanity are granted permission to live out their lives in fed and sheltered captivity.

Am i being harsh? Yes, but sometimes harsh is the right response for the sake of fairness if nothing else. I mean really, what greater purpose to justice there can be?

12 hours ago, GimmeBACON said:

ANNOUNCEMENT: Excessively bumping your upload will result in your upload being removed.

Did I miss something? 

Sims aka I'm a real moddder cause mom says aka this photoshop 5 second recolor is $100 worth of content

1 hour ago, 27X said:

aka this photoshop 5 second recolor is $100 worth of content

The real problem is not so much that people are trying to sell something as it is that other people are willing to not only buy it but also do so at the price they're asked for. Then again this applies to any situation where one may wonder "how the hell is this thing for sale/at this price?".

If I could take a literal shit on a platter and then sell it for 15 bucks a piece, you bet your ass I would do so. Can't completely blame someone else for simply doing so when they get the chance somehow.