What's on your mind?

6 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

A line of argumentation in the "Wat Pisses You Off?" Thread bought my mind back to the idea of technologies which are likely being suppressed for one reason or another, be it financial (the electric car for decades), man-animal hybrids (for moral reasons back in the early 21st Century) and human portable nuclear warhead launchers (Davy Crocketts) for safety and sanity reasons.

I wonder if the different methods for creating Artificial Wombs (mechanical or ones made from cloned tissues without a body) are being blocked due to potential harm caused by groups who could sustain their numbers without female members indefinitely, perhaps harm that could be done to women by said groups when women become as expendable as anyone else on the battlefield by said groups. 

So like a build a baby?

Technology is meant to be used by those in possession of it. It would be used by women as well as men. Less pregnancy complications and is an option for women who for some reason or another can't give birth.

It would be more likely that there are cult reasons blocking said research and manufacture.

On 4/9/2021 at 5:04 PM, FauxFurry said:

A line of argumentation in the "Wat Pisses You Off?" Thread bought my mind back to the idea of technologies which are likely being suppressed for one reason or another, be it financial (the electric car for decades), man-animal hybrids (for moral reasons back in the early 21st Century) and human portable nuclear warhead launchers (Davy Crocketts) for safety and sanity reasons.

I wonder if the different methods for creating Artificial Wombs (mechanical or ones made from cloned tissues without a body) are being blocked due to potential harm caused by groups who could sustain their numbers without female members indefinitely, perhaps harm that could be done to women by said groups when women become as expendable as anyone else on the battlefield by said groups. 

By the time an artificial womb is a reality scientist will have already conquered the SOX17 to oocytes dilemma.  Women would no longer be necessary to propagate the species.  If feminists are freaking out now about the possibility of sexbots; their heads will fucking explode at the prospect of women literally being replaced.  I mean, they're already apoplectic about men opting out of relationships and marriage, so imagine the reality of two sperm cells in a stainless steel tank making a baby.

I don't know much about Starwars but I just gotta ask. Was Starwars ever that good to begin with? When Lucas owned the Starwars franchise half of the movies were considered "bad" even by fans. I'm not counting the Christmas special since Lucas at least had enough sense to keep that from being released. So that just leaves the prequels that nobody liked. Right? Well I know about the gigatrillion dollar deathstar blondie blew up instead of say taking it for the rebels or how Vader never found Luke despite his bullshit mind powers and empire resources and the fact that jedi can't hide worth shit.

Given how many fans jump in to fill in the plot holes of Star Wars it may as well be the world's greatest fan fiction. Now that I'm actually writing this it seems more like a rhetorical question than anything.?

On 4/11/2021 at 7:15 PM, Kendo 2 said:

?

Heh, I'll put it this way; if you punch me in the face for no good reason other than that, I will ensure your death will not be a gentle one.  By the time I'm done....you'll be begging me to kill you.

Aside from that, what's currently on my mind is where the hell can I get a GeForce 3k series or Radeon 6k series for a REASONABLE PRICE!!  All these fucking scalpers need to go die in a fire.?

27 minutes ago, legendarytoyou said:

Heh, I'll put it this way; if you punch me in the face for no good reason other than that, I will ensure your death will not be a gentle one.  By the time I'm done....you'll be begging me to kill you.

I'm gonna assume you mean that very hyperbolically cause that's fucking extreme lol. Is it not better to just kinda beat them up a little? Embarrass them a bit, rub your sole on their face, maybe a slap or two, a bleeding nose/teeth and a black eye to top it off, leave them lying there all humiliated, the good ol' "nightclub parking lot fight" stuff. That's my motto anyway lol. That kind of shit ain't worth catching a murder charge and going to jail over.

i4sbq.jpg.e8299c196123cfd715608bf1a229fec3.jpg

10 minutes ago, Mr. Otaku said:

I'm gonna assume you mean that very hyperbolically cause that's fucking extreme lol. Is it not better to just kinda beat them up a little? Embarrass them a bit, rub your sole on their face, maybe a slap or two, a bleeding nose/teeth and a black eye to top it off, leave them lying there all humiliated, the good ol' "nightclub parking lot fight" stuff. That's my motto anyway lol. That kind of shit ain't worth catching a murder charge and going to jail over.

i4sbq.jpg.e8299c196123cfd715608bf1a229fec3.jpg

Lol of course.  I'm just saying that out of satire.  If anything more than likely I'll just call the cops, have you arrested and then call my lawyer to sue you into oblivion.  ?

I believe in the song by Aerosmith, "Don't get mad, get even!"  Besides I think suing someone who assaults me is EXTREMELY more permanent. ?

What is on my mind? I am thinking I need to find a different job. The amount of drama and bullshit that goes on in my department has been getting worse and worse over the past few months. The fact that I have worked there for 12 years and can remember when it wasn't like this doesn't help. I hate going to work, I am in a pissy mood when I get home. It is only April and I have already used all my sick time, all my personal time and only have one week (out of three) of vacation left. The biggest issue is, I am "comfortable" there. I am damn good at my job and would hate to go somewhere else and not be good at it.

TL:DR I hate my fucking job and need to find something better.

14 hours ago, ramrod126 said:

What is on my mind? I am thinking I need to find a different job. The amount of drama and bullshit that goes on in my department has been getting worse and worse over the past few months. The fact that I have worked there for 12 years and can remember when it wasn't like this doesn't help. I hate going to work, I am in a pissy mood when I get home. It is only April and I have already used all my sick time, all my personal time and only have one week (out of three) of vacation left. The biggest issue is, I am "comfortable" there. I am damn good at my job and would hate to go somewhere else and not be good at it.

TL:DR I hate my fucking job and need to find something better.

That reminds me of a story my old pastor at church told me once.  During WW2 of course many of the concentration camps were horrible however one in particular kind of stood out.  Prisoners were forced to move huge mounds of dirt every day from one side of the compound to the other.  No real reason just moving mounds of dirt.  They weren't mistreated much, were fed rations and plenty of water.  Despite that over the course of the war prisoners started dying, not from exhaustion or the Waffen SS during their usual, "purges," but simply prisoners were dying from lack of accomplishment.  Every day they would be worked 18 hours a day, allowed to eat and then sleep.  Next day move the dirt to another side of the compound.  And this process would continue every day, week after week, year after year until eventually nearly the entire camp perished due to lack of accomplishment.

If your job is making you feel the same way, its a detriment to your physical and mental health.  I would encourage you to try and find a better job elsewhere.  Just keep a few things in mind; having NO job doesn't help you pay the bills.  Find something first, make sure its a good fit and then put in your two weeks notice.  That job may suck ass but any work is better than no work.

I was bored while having my morning drink before deciding what to play and while looking at options to play Cyberpunk 2077 in VR got the idea to see what was new in the field of GPUs (or at least most expensive) since I rarely follow the 'cutting edge' anymore.

I think my wallet got a cramp just looking, but realize this is the stuff the big boys use - like the upcoming Avatar movies and such.

https://mostexpensivehub.com/the-15-most-expensive-graphics-cards-in-the-world/

29 minutes ago, landess said:

stuff the big boys use

Yet, still made in a sweat shop somewhere in southeast Asia by a 8 year old with 3 fingers on her left hand being paid 2 bowls of rice a week. ? 

6 hours ago, landess said:

I was bored while having my morning drink before deciding what to play and while looking at options to play Cyberpunk 2077 in VR got the idea to see what was new in the field of GPUs (or at least most expensive) since I rarely follow the 'cutting edge' anymore.

I think my wallet got a cramp just looking, but realize this is the stuff the big boys use - like the upcoming Avatar movies and such.

The saying used to go "Cocaine is God's way of saying you make too much money"   I guess the saying needs to be updated.

10 hours ago, landess said:

30XX and the quadro equivalent is more expensive than that, as the Ampere lacks a scheduler, so there are exactly five CPU SKUs made on planet earth that will not bottleneck the card until you get to 307X, and the cheapest one is $550 and requires a $270 motherboard with PCIE 4 and of course the memory bandwidth to handle the transfer schedule so at least 8 dedicated RAM lanes and 16 PCIE lanes, so there's memory to buy too, and with shortages, that shit is stupid expensive relative to any other past point including a volcanic eruption and two tsunamis.

10 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

sweat shop

Nvidia SKUs are made in Korea by robots and the memory for them is made in Boise, Idaho. You're 0-3 in the knowing a fucking a thing about what you're talking about department.

The only thing foxconn made for the Ampere is the FE shroud, and since Nvidia FE cards aren't a thing anymore... nevermind Taiwan and Korea are two countries and literally 800 miles away from Zhengjou City.

3 hours ago, 27X said:

Boise, Idaho

Good for you pumpkin! Your life is so exciting that you know where every graphics card for every laptop is made and by whom!!! I wish my boring life afforded me to be able to bury my head in the what yours is buried in. And you only wrote "fucking" once! You're getting soft.

Douchebag is the first thing that comes to mind when I read certain individual's wise ass posts. 

3 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Good for you pumpkin! Your life is so exciting that you know where every graphics card for every laptop is made and by whom!!! I wish my boring life afforded me to be able to bury my head in the what yours is buried in. And you only wrote "fucking" once! You're getting soft.

Douchebag is the first thing that comes to mind when I read certain individual's wise ass posts. 

Yes I also love casual sweeping racism as well, too, also. Maybe you should just stick to the Nice Guy routine, at least then your sweeping and completely incorrect generalizations only affect one person.

8 hours ago, 27X said:

racism

Ahhhh.... when stupid slip begins to show, cover it with your racism card! Good job. I'm racist because you are a black PUSSY cat???

image.jpeg.5fb0e22c47a6e3d88bb6e9e356378891.jpeg

On 4/18/2021 at 7:19 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

Hmm... just saw previews of "The Nevers" and I will definitely have to see what it's about. Anybody watched it? :)

When the all the Joss Whedon written episodes are run through I might.