What's on your mind?

4 hours ago, CyanBunnye said:

Did you include Eso's canon in that statement or do you value your sanity?

Yes...no, I mean yes. Just bits an pieces but I've heard enough to get a general idea of how loose the definition of canon is in the Elder Scrolls Universe. I could tell you more about it if you want.

4 hours ago, CyanBunnye said:

Ultimately does Bethesda canon really matter at this point ? I assume we're all just zigzagin' and avoiding every iterations of

"Keep it.. simple... stupid... it's my personal rule to write stories, without having to write them, because i'm a big lazy wanker!

So what are Bethesda stories ?? They're stories where I write myself in, so I can insult players randomly, which sums all the depth of my persona!"

A good story is important in a videogame but having the abilities to help your character overcome obstacles are just as important. If that is what you are talking about.

6 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Take a risk and build something great, have other people demand to be given a part of the greatness, forced out of the greatness because  the risks you took were not risks they are comfortable with, take a risk and building something great elsewhere.

Sounds like the history of the developers of great games.

4 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Yes...no, I mean yes. Just bits an pieces but I've heard enough to get a general idea of how loose the definition of canon is in the Elder Scrolls Universe. I could tell you more about it if you want.

A good story is important in a videogame but having the abilities to help your character overcome obstacles are just as important. If that is what you are talking about.

Oh you don't know that bit about Emil Pagliarulo's KISS ? There's a video of him explaining how he writes stories and basically, sounds like someone with no passion for writing

I'm good on lore thanks

9 hours ago, CyanBunnye said:

KISS

"Keep it stupid, stupid"- says the boy in the fridge for 200 yrs. The only thing he is remarkable for is that no other self-respecting writer would dare to be that lame. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by KoolHndLuke
6 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

"Keep it stupid, stupid"- says the boy in the fridge for 200 yrs. The only thing he is remarkable for is that no other self-respecting writer would dare to be that lame. :classic_biggrin:

Yeah. He's also literally inside the game as Parker Quinn and it's just odd as fuck why would someone want this type of char when presented with the opportunity to be in game.

Kid in a fridge was so terrible, though i'm not sure if it's Emil's work or Pete Hines chiming in on writing, considering the comments he made about it.

On 6/23/2021 at 4:26 AM, CyanBunnye said:

Oh you don't know that bit about Emil Pagliarulo's KISS ? There's a video of him explaining how he writes stories and basically, sounds like someone with no passion for writing

Hmm... Should I watch it?

• 2 weeks later...

This hit me in the chest really hard.

There was a part where he says "my daughter's best friend had a birthday and they didn't even have any eggs to bake her a cake." then shortly after he walks by as sees a bunch of eggs in the fridge.

Edited by Guest

It sounds like covid is settling down but people are still being idiots. Apparently somebody told my friend who owns a store he was an anti-vaccer just because he was wearing a mask. Just because some people including my friend are vaccinated doesn't mean the pandemic is over. Even if you don't believe in covid-19 despite all the scientific evidence saying otherwise it is still none of your business what they choose to wear.

If you don't want to wear one cool great good for you but my friend has a business to run so they can't afford not to. Stupid people's IQs are like limbo, how low can you go??

Edited by Darkpig
On 7/9/2021 at 10:44 PM, GimmeBACON said:

Whenever I see members of the community doing things like that (and there were a bumper crop of 'things like that' during Pride Month this year), I have to wonder if what is being witnessed is examples of Black Propaganda (no, it is not 'African American Propaganda' though it might be Rainbow Propaganda) or if it is just proof that one's seemingly paranoid detractors can be factually correct even if they overstate the scale (if they truly have overstated the scale. We may have underplayed things a bit).

I am willing to admit that I may have been wrong even if I was wrong for the right reasons. I am not so entrenched in team sports philosophies/politics that I will reject that possibility. I am also not so arrogant as to imagine that I can not be wrong on important topics. 

Related to the previous post, I have mixed feelings about things like Q-Force.

On one side, it looks as if the humor will be almost entirely based upon sexual stereotypes and do nothing to advance normalization.

On the other, there are influential members within the so-called LGBTETC community who actively resist any and all attempts at normalization (causing them to push further and further past any limits of good taste or social decency to allow them to remain an the margins even if it is wholly self-inflicted) so someone might as well get a laugh out of the tired stereotypes that said people embody without much variation. 

30 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

Related to the previous post, I have mixed feelings about things like Q-Force.

On one side, it looks as if the humor will be almost entirely based upon sexual stereotypes and do nothing to advance normalization.

On the other, there are influential members within the so-called LGBTETC community who actively resist any and all attempts at normalization (causing them to push further and further past any limits of good taste or social decency to allow them to remain an the margins even if it is wholly self-inflicted) so someone might as well get a laugh out of the tired stereotypes that said people embody without much variation. 

See when you stop being unique, you also too stop being special and have to get a real job. and work. and pay taxes.

Edited by 27X
Just now, 27X said:

See when you stop being unique, you also to being special and have to get a real job. and work. and pay taxes.

It is easier to just be oneself to make money when one works in a Freak Show. When every industry becomes part of the show, then it becomes old hat. 

11 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

It is easier to just be oneself to make money when one works in a Freak Show. When every industry becomes part of the show, then it becomes old hat. 

You'd think, yet people still continue to believe blue checkmarks have mystical powers and that the American entertainment market can survive on condescension and pandering alone.

4 hours ago, 27X said:

See when you stop being unique, you also too stop being special and have to get a real job. and work. and pay taxes.

You mean you have to work for your money??

JK. But the real question is this: Do people ever stop being unique?