18 hours ago, ragnam said:

seleceted default both choices
ddi 4.0 
Reading DD V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 472 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD2 V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 330 alternate animations) ...
Reading DDSL V4.0.0 ...

ddi 4.1
Reading DD V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 493 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD2 V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 330 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD3 V4.1.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 102 alternate animations) ...
Reading DDSL V4.0.0 ...

increased 122 alternate animations

---
totals
4.0 was
Alternate Animation mods: 6 sets: 75 total groups: 255 added file slots: 2386 alternate files: 1544
 9305 animations for 49 mods successfully included (character)
 1612 animations for 5 mods and 38 creatures successfully included.

4.1 is
Alternate Animation mods: 7 sets: 89 total groups: 353 added file slots: 3163 alternate files: 1667
 9522 animations for 50 mods successfully included (character)
 1612 animations for 5 mods and 38 creatures successfully included.

------
I see it as a 700 ish increase to added file slots     alternate animations increased just 123

added 14 new groups
added 100 total groups ? total groups of what does this mean? 
added file slots: 700ish << Q. what are file slots? that was the largest jump
700 is a huge number, 

so if I selected the choices default, it went up 123 alternate animations with 700 animation files or slots they take up in like SL ?
can someone explain what added file slots are?

That 777 increase in added file slots is exactly what I get too, would like to know what they are too since that seems like the biggest jump.

Also of note, I can add slal packs to my existing 4.0 installation and easily add over 300 animations and my game will load fine, but the added file slots field doesn't go up.

Another observation, if I run FNIS with 4.0 installed, then switch from 4.0 to 4.1 in MO and launch my game, it will also load just fine, I'm sure it'll be missing the new animations added by 4.1 since I didn't run FNIS, but it doesn't appear to be an .esp issue either.

But the conclusion is that there is something going on with regards to animations, but it's doesn't appear to be a too many animation issue, or too many plugins issue. Could easily be a too many added file slots issue?

]

2 hours ago, ttpt said:

That 777 increase in added file slots is exactly what I get too, would like to know what they are too since that seems like the biggest jump.

Also of note, I can add slal packs to my existing 4.0 installation and easily add over 300 animations and my game will load fine, but the added file slots field doesn't go up.

Another observation, if I run FNIS with 4.0 installed, then switch from 4.0 to 4.1 in MO and launch my game, it will also load just fine, I'm sure it'll be missing the new animations added by 4.1 since I didn't run FNIS, but it doesn't appear to be an .esp issue either.

But the conclusion is that there is something going on with regards to animations, but it's doesn't appear to be a too many animation issue, or too many plugins issue. Could easily be a too many added file slots issue?

]

Forgive my potential irritation and cynicism, but welcome to last week, even allowing for variation in how you actually should read that AA row of text/numbers

EDIT:  On reflection, that was probably a bit harsh.  I prefer not to run off and delete stuff after having sinned - that's the coward's option - so please accept my apologies for having been a bit tetchy

Just now, kingcupworld said:

Can I get a link to the 4.0 version? Running FNIS with 4.1 loaded causes CTDs. 

We don't offer or support old versions. The reason why you're getting CTDs is 99.99% because you're running too many animations. You might need to cull a few SLAL packs.

19 hours ago, galgat said:

There is no Pretending, I fail to load DDI4.1 if I have more than 10400 animation files. I do load DDI4.0 with 11803 animations files.

Have you actually tried this with no other mods than the bare minimum needed to test this?

Or have you just dumped the DDI4.1 on a full loadorder and assumed the cause was SURELY DD4.1 as that was your last change?

Already mentioned it but in case it got burried: 

ddi 4.1
Reading DD V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 493 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD3 V4.1.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 102 alternate animations) ...
Reading DDSL V4.0.0 ...

Is this fourth list there on purpose or accidently? Since it's the only one with DD4.1 in title and Supertin mentioned the 42 AA sets from DD4.0 (i.e 3 files with 14 sets each) should be enough forever, that might explain an unexpected increase in counted animations i think. Or rather the occupied slots, while the animations are already there and therefore not increased. Since the general assumption is that it's connected with memory management, occupied (but not used) slots might explain the decrease of animations we can use.

Maybe just a case of copy instead of rename or something? I'm just making wild guesses here, maybe i got something wrong in the hope somebody says "oh yes, that's it." 

3 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Reading DDSL V4.0.0 ...

@Kimy or @Supertin please correct me if I'm wrong with this, but as far I'm aware the DDSL group adds the bound SL animations added by DD to go with the anim filter when certain devices are worn (which is why there won't be any AA's in it).

1 hour ago, kevanlol said:

did they fix the pet outfit yet

Please elaborate on that, as far as I know the pet suit is working just fine.

18 minutes ago, kevanlol said:

Animations dont work when I equip it, other people were reporting the same when 4.1 was released

At least one of the people reporting this problem found out they had never updated DDI to 4.1 and were still using 4.0, which is why the new items had no new animations attached.  I'd check that first.

52 minutes ago, kevanlol said:

Animations dont work when I equip it, other people were reporting the same when 4.1 was released

Thanks, in this case I'd blame it on mod conflict or faulty/incomplete installation and not a bug. In addition to what @Reesewow said, check that no mod is overwriting any of DD's scripts. I only know of the SLIF-DD patch to do this, but there may be others. And just in case, did you re-run FNIS after installing DD 4.1?

I finally got this new version working without a CTD by reducing the animation count. I just noticed one weird thing, which may or may not be important and could help someone struggling with the animation count. So, after I removed some SLAL packs I got these values:

7412 animations for 33 mods successfully included (character)
 3062 animations for 6 mods and 43 creatures successfully included.

I was still getting a CTD so I decided to remove some other mods, which were mostly installed for testing with this new playthrough:

- Night Mistress Mansion (W.I.P. so I decided to remove it for now just in case)

- SexLab Tools (a leftover from an earlier game)

- Deviously Enslaved Continued (script heavy and therefore a possible cause of CTDs in my case).

After I removed these I got the following counts:

7190 animations for 31 mods successfully included (character)

The animation count dropped by 222. The weird thing is, that I can only find 6 .hkx-files in these mods together. 

7 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Thanks, in this case I'd blame it on mod conflict or faulty/incomplete installation and not a bug. In addition to what @Reesewow said, check that no mod is overwriting any of DD's scripts. I only know of the SLIF-DD patch to do this, but there may be others. And just in case, did you re-run FNIS after installing DD 4.1?

Distributing altered DD framework resources is explicitly disallowed by our license. So far I didn't actively go after these mods, but people still shouldn't use them if they don't want to experience issues. DD and these unsanctioned patches (they are all unsanctioned, neither Min nor I ever allowed any mod to do that) are basically guaranteed to break each other every time DD updates. Which is the exact reason why we discourage doing that.

31 minutes ago, JuliusXX said:
Spoiler

I finally got this new version working without a CTD by reducing the animation count. I just noticed one weird thing, which may or may not be important and could help someone struggling with the animation count. So, after I removed some SLAL packs I got these values:

7412 animations for 33 mods successfully included (character)

I was still getting a CTD so I decided to remove some other mods, which were mostly installed for testing with this new playthrough:

- Night Mistress Mansion (W.I.P. so I decided to remove it for now just in case)

- SexLab Tools (a leftover from an earlier game)

- Deviously Enslaved Continued (script heavy and therefore a possible cause of CTDs in my case).

After I removed these I got the following counts:

7190 animations for 31 mods successfully included (character)

The animation count dropped by 222. The weird thing is, that I can only find 6 .hkx-files in these mods together. 

Interesting. I noticed the same thing about SexLab Tools but never tried to uninstall DEC! Maybe scripts also forces us to lower animation counts? The more scripts, the less animations we can use. This would explain why different people have different animation amounts they can run.

Did 4.1 add a lot of scripts?

3 minutes ago, Piiska said:

Interesting. I noticed the same thing about SexLab Tools but never tried to uninstall DEC! Maybe it's scripts then that forces lower animation counts? The more scripts, the less animations we can use.

It is probably an "all of the above" situation.  Typically it seems to have been people updating large SLAL packs that have run into these issues lately, and those have no scripts to speak of.  However, there was someone in the DCUL thread that sounded like they were having the overload CTD and were able to load by disabling Deviously Cursed Loot, which is a large scripted mod without many animations of its own.  The animation numbers are just an easy marker for us to see and pretty easy to remove from a game without issue, so bringing that number down is the go-to suggestion.

So if you are having issues and have a few large scripted mods loaded that you never use, it probably wouldn't hurt to try removing them... plus your papyrus engine would thank you anyway for not having heavily scripted mods running that you don't actually use.

Hmm, okay, so I just updated to version 4.1 of Integration and Expansion and now I get a message when trying to load a save game, that there is missing content.

I have the updates from may for DCL and DD Assets.

I changed nothing else, and do not really run any other mods other than the requirements for DD. Does the new 4.1 require a fresh start, or did I do something wrong when installing? I ran FNIS and bodyslide.

7 hours ago, SorenMM said:

Hmm, okay, so I just updated to version 4.1 of Integration and Expansion and now I get a message when trying to load a save game, that there is missing content.

I have the updates from may for DCL and DD Assets.

I changed nothing else, and do not really run any other mods other than the requirements for DD. Does the new 4.1 require a fresh start, or did I do something wrong when installing? I ran FNIS and bodyslide.

Are you sure you activated ALL the mods you downloaded in your mod manager, and did not accidentally disable/delete any other? This message is caused by a mod being removed that used to be a part of your load order.

4.1 does not need a new game, if you're updating from 4.0.

31 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Are you sure you activated ALL the mods you downloaded in your mod manager, and did not accidentally disable/delete any other? This message is caused by a mod being removed that used to be a part of your load order.

4.1 does not need a new game, if you're updating from 4.0.

I just double checked. I have activated all the mods and did not disable/delete anything else. The only thing that was removed were old versions of the 4 DD mods that were replaced with the new versions.

As far as I can tell, I am not missing something that I had before.

7 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

I figured it out, I installed ddx 4.1 but not ddi 4.1

27 minutes ago, SorenMM said:

I just double checked. I have activated all the mods and did not disable/delete anything else. The only thing that was removed were old versions of the 4 DD mods that were replaced with the new versions.

As far as I can tell, I am not missing something that I had before.

What version of DD did you have before?