5 hours ago, ragnam said:

I use NMM, but this is what I did
Do you have PCEA2 installed? I dumped mine.
and I uninstalled from all profiles any real old idle animations "sexy idle animations"  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53396/? 
Keep and make sure all my common mads are updated like DD, TDF, PAHE, SL, HSH, my papyrus is pretty clean no hang ups.

Was was much closer to 9300 animations and 2200 animations, pcea2 made the most room for me.
this is only the snippet at the bottom of my FNIS results with DDi 4.1 install if it helps you shoot for numbers.

Alternate Animation mods: 6 sets: 60 total groups: 294 added file slots: 2189 alternate files: 1110

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading MoreNastyCritters V1.0 ...
Reading Anubs Creature V1.0 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Creatures V1.0 ...
Reading K4Anims V?.? ...

8965 animations for 49 mods successfully included (character)
 1612 animations for 5 mods and 38 creatures successfully included.

I dumped PCEA2 also. I dumped k4 a long time ago his approach is to get money and that is not why I have been in gaming since the original DandD. I dumped Maria Eden, Horny Creatures, ITF, Several follower mods, and reduced XPMS skeleton to zero animations. That got me back to 4.0 now. I am really afraid of 4.1 I had all this with 4.0 previously and everything ran fine. There is something in 4.1 that is inflating the load on the system.

The biggest problem with Devious Devices is that they took the approach of lets enhance Devices at the expense of sex content rather than enhance sex content with Devices. They should have a selection of the type of Devices the player wants at install that way the people that want Sex content over devices can choose accordingly. Animation count and load on machine could also be reduced.

19 minutes ago, BigOnes69 said:

I dumped PCEA2 also. I dumped k4 a long time ago his approach is to get money and that is not why I have been in gaming since the original DandD. I dumped Maria Eden, Horny Creatures, ITF, Several follower mods, and reduced XPMS skeleton to zero animations. That got me back to 4.0 now. I am really afraid of 4.1 I had all this with 4.0 previously and everything ran fine. There is something in 4.1 that is inflating the load on the system.

The biggest problem with Devious Devices is that they took the approach of lets enhance Devices at the expense of sex content rather than enhance sex content with Devices. They should have a selection of the type of Devices the player wants at install that way the people that want Sex content over devices can choose accordingly. Animation count and load on machine could also be reduced.

so when you run fnis what are your overall counts?
Yeah I could see a module selection and build might be nicer, choose what you want and submit.
but I think atm most mods are done for a catch all for other intergrated mods and that nothing is left out.
Hopefully one day it can be split up some into styles of play?

10 minutes ago, ragnam said:

so when you run fnis what are your overall counts?
Yeah I could see a module selection and build might be nicer, choose what you want and submit.
but I think atm most mods are done for a catch all for other intergrated mods and that nothing is left out.
Hopefully one day it can be split up some into styles of play?

Unfortunately this approach really doesn't work well for Framework mods - if Devious Devices was a end-point mod that did not expect any mods to depend on it, it could possibly make some sense to break it up by device type and treat it like any other armor mod.  As a framework it doesn't make much sense to break it up since as long as modders want to use the cool new features of the latest update, users will be required to use the "full" version anyway as soon as just one of their mods that depends on the new features is updated.  DDI 4.1 for instance is already 100% "required" for my load order because one of my mods already updated to use it - Devious Followers.  Other mods I use have already mentioned they will update to DD 4.1 as well to use things like the pony play animations and new items.

"Lite" versions would probably see limited use and just take up a lot of the team's time for something that can be fixed by people simply running lighter load orders, or having a character dedicated to "Devious Devices" gameplay that only loads mods based on DD or mods that directly contribute to a DD playthrough.

I think the main purpose of DD is to act as a master framework for bondage mods.  People can totally also use it stand-alone to dress characters up and roleplay but that purpose is secondary to it being a solid framework.  It is worth noting that DDA is still usable as a stand-alone mod if people just wanted bondage equipment without any of the functionality from DDI, and in that way acts as a "light" bondage mod.  The problem is that as soon as you have one mod that requires DDI you probably just need the full framework.  Likely the same thing will happen when the furniture module is released, so people should be working now to figure out how to lighten their mod load if they intend to keep up with DD updates.

8 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

Unfortunately this approach really doesn't work well for Framework mods - if Devious Devices was a end-point mod that did not expect any mods to depend on it, it could possibly make some sense to break it up by device type and treat it like any other armor mod.  As a framework it doesn't make much sense to break it up since as long as modders want to use the cool new features of the latest update, users will be required to use the "full" version anyway as soon as just one of their mods that depends on the new features is updated.  DDI 4.1 for instance is already 100% "required" for my load order because one of my mods already updated to use it - Devious Followers.  Other mods I use have already mentioned they will update to DD 4.1 as well to use things like the pony play animations and new items.

"Lite" versions would probably see limited use and just take up a lot of the team's time for something that can be fixed by people simply running lighter load orders, or having a character dedicated to "Devious Devices" gameplay that only loads mods based on DD or mods that directly contribute to a DD playthrough.

I think the main purpose of DD is to act as a master framework for bondage mods.  People can totally also use it stand-alone to dress characters up and roleplay but that purpose is secondary to it being a solid framework.  It is worth noting that DDA is still usable as a stand-alone mod if people just wanted bondage equipment without any of the functionality from DDI, and in that way acts as a "light" bondage mod.  The problem is that as soon as you have one mod that requires DDI you probably just need the full framework.  Likely the same thing will happen when the furniture module is released, so people should be working now to figure out how to lighten their mod load if they intend to keep up with DD updates.

yeah same thing, I was just commenting on the previous poster as a vuage reply to his comments.

I just said it that atm "at the moment", it is covering everything as a catch all that nothing is left out. or as you say 'framework'.

but later in the future who knows what creative person or team might come up with ;)

I just curious more what his fnis counts are to maybe help him figure out how to help him get DDi 4.1 running 

On 9/28/2013 at 8:40 AM, Min said:

Q: Can I suggest new features?
A: Absolutely! We have implemented a lot of user-suggested features and will continue doing so. But please understand that we cannot implement them all and that some others we really just won't like enough.

Not sure whether this has been suggested before (>400 pages...) but: what about combining the two dress animation sets?

Was installing the updated version and was reminded that there are two very nice animations for the dresses;

small steps and bunny hopping but we have to choose one. 

As stated the latter is optimized for speed...so why not use the small steps for walking, running and the bunny hop for sprinting?

(Combination perhaps as a third option in the installer?)

On 6/16/2018 at 9:46 PM, trasberny said:

Here's a my version of 4.0 for anyone who lost theirs, while we wait for a fix with the new version.

Ignoring the fact that you're breaking the rules here by uploading the old version, what "fix" in particular are you waiting for?

5 hours ago, Reesewow said:

That is hogwash. A framework mod could allow different types of devices to work and others not according to preference of the players style. Take a look at all in one pussy and XPMS skeleton does this.. It does not need to be all or nothing. Some people dont like Chastity belts some dont like gags, some do not like armbinders. There are small programs that try to accomplish this. For them to be incorporated would not hurt the mod at all and it could be a way to reduce loads on animations.

9 minutes ago, BigOnes69 said:

That is hogwash. A framework mod could allow different types of devices to work and others not according to preference of the players style. Take a look at all in one pussy and XPMS skeleton does this.. It does not need to be all or nothing. Some people dont like Chastity belts some dont like gags, some do not like armbinders. There are small programs that try to accomplish this. For them to be incorporated would not hurt the mod at all and it could be a way to reduce loads on animations.

The difference is mods do not "rely" on All in One pussy or XPMSE's extra animations and holster positions - they are not framework mods in the way the DD mods are.  All in one Pussy is primarily for collisions and hdt ect and mods won't fail if you mix and match your body physics.  The only part of XPMSE that most mods depend on is the actual skeleton file - mods do not care how your character swings her 2 handed axe and so it is completely fine to not install all those extra features.

A better example of a framework IMO would be Sexlab itself - mods depend on the framework to do what they expect or they have problems.  For example, mods depend on Sexlab to be heavily scripted and send lots of mod events as to what is happening during a Sexlab scene - many mods use these events to trigger things.  When someone installs a mod like Sexlab Separate Orgasm that directly alters the "framework" by changing or removing these triggers (in this case the Orgasm event), many mods that rely on these features no longer function or behave strangely until a custom patch is installed. 

You could "break up" Sexlab into a dozen or so mini mods that each provide one major feature, but that hasn't happened likely because mods rely on those features being present, and because it would be a *massive* effort to pull apart the mod and have it still work no matter what "options" a user picked on install.  As most users would pick "all" anyway, that effort isn't likely to pay off in most cases.

For DD mods, it could be a nightmare to troubleshoot people's issues if say a quest involving a gag wasn't working, only to find out that when the user first installed DD they never installed "gags" as an optional install.  If your mod depends on adding a gag and working around that, the framework wouldn't seem reliable if you have to take into account that users may not have the options selected that you want to depend on.  People who help others troubleshoot problems have enough of a struggle simply getting people to understand they need to run Bodyslide to have items actually show up in game without having to deduce that they never installed a core feature a mod requires.

On 6/12/2018 at 6:14 PM, donkeywho said:

Forgive my potential irritation and cynicism, but welcome to last week, even allowing for variation in how you actually should read that AA row of text/numbers

EDIT:  On reflection, that was probably a bit harsh.  I prefer not to run off and delete stuff after having sinned - that's the coward's option - so please accept my apologies for having been a bit tetchy

oh no hard feeling about it, you didn't seem that harsh, and I hadn't read that post yet so that's interesting. sorry to keep beating a dead horse though but I'm gonna keep posting stuff relating to this.

On 6/11/2018 at 7:55 PM, ttpt said:

ok, I'm not super great at reading the FNIS logs so I'll just post a comparison between the stuff that works and the stuff that doesn't by changing only from DD40 to DD41 and nothing else

With DD4.0 this is the important stuff that I get

Reading DD V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 472 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD2 V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 330 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
 1 GENDER modifications for Animations\male
 173 GENDER modifications for Animations\female
Alternate Animation mods: 14 sets: 76 total groups: 298 added file slots: 1801 alternate files: 1260

10945 animations for 45 mods successfully included (character).
 3608 animations for 7 mods and 43 creatures successfully included..

With DD4.1

Reading DD V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 493 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD2 V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 330 alternate animations) ...
Reading DD3 V4.1.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 102 alternate animations) ...

Alternate Animation mods: 15 sets: 90 total groups: 396 added file slots: 2578 alternate files: 1383

11162 animations for 46 mods successfully included (character).

Which makes for a difference of yes 11162-10945=217 animations which seems correct. Alternate files seems to go from 1383-1260=160. One set added with DD3 which I suspect is what makes things go from 76+14=90. Total groups from 298 to 396. And the file slot change which goes from 1801 to 2578 which seems like the biggest spike and probably the culprit, but I don't really know for sure. Just tossing this out here in case it's helpful.

More like beating up some dead ponysuits in any case, I removed the entire *\meshes\actors\character\animations\DD3 folder so that FNIS is unable to add the new animations which are all labeled pon*.*. Ran FNIS and this are my new results

Reading DD V4.0.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 493 alternate animations) ...

Alternate Animation mods: 14 sets: 76 total groups: 312 added file slots: 1912 alternate files: 1281

11060 animations for 45 mods successfully included (character).
 1 Warning(s).

DD3 is clearly missing since I removed that folder. Overall animations go up since regular DD added some files but the added file slots doesn't go up that dramatically.

By doing this it's still possible for me to run my game without having to remove anything else, with of course the BIG CAVEAT that the new ponysuits and any other newly added animation is most definitely non functional. This is a compromise I'm personally willing to live with and if you are having a similar issue and are willing to live with that then you can give this a go.

5 minutes ago, ttpt said:

oh no hard feeling about it, you didn't seem that harsh, and I hadn't read that post yet so that's interesting. sorry to keep beating a dead horse though but I'm gonna keep posting stuff relating to this.

I think that that horse died some time ago, ignominiously flayed, until even the very bones were crying 'enough'

Now, if you have something that might resurrect it, constructively, in a way that put fresh new flesh on the cadaver and get it back on 4 legs, prancing about in pastures green, that would probably be gratefully received.... ?

1 minute ago, donkeywho said:

I think that that horse died some time ago, ignominiously flayed, until even the very bones were crying 'enough'

Now, if you have something that might resurrect it, constructively, in a way that put fresh new flesh on the cadaver and get it back on 4 legs, prancing about in pastures green, that would probably be gratefully received.... ?

Oh! I see you got there first.  But somehow I have a feeling that any resurrection which leaves the horsie hobbling about on three legs doesn't quite cut it, does it? 

LOL

Just remember tho' that if you later install anything by way of new or updated mods that rely on those, the removed components and the 4th limb, being there, they'll fall at the first fence, unseating the rider and maybe killing the gee gee :P

1 minute ago, ttpt said:

Hey, I may not have ponysuits, but I still have the hobble skirts to hobble around in. And that's good enough for me.

Yup, nothing wrong with taking the old "personal use" scalpel to your mods and chopping them up to suit your needs.  

10 hours ago, Reesewow said:

The difference is mods do not "rely" on All in One pussy or XPMSE's extra animations and holster positions - they are not framework mods in the way the DD mods are.  All in one Pussy is primarily for collisions and hdt ect and mods won't fail if you mix and match your body physics.  The only part of XPMSE that most mods depend on is the actual skeleton file - mods do not care how your character swings her 2 handed axe and so it is completely fine to not install all those extra features.

A better example of a framework IMO would be Sexlab itself - mods depend on the framework to do what they expect or they have problems.  For example, mods depend on Sexlab to be heavily scripted and send lots of mod events as to what is happening during a Sexlab scene - many mods use these events to trigger things.  When someone installs a mod like Sexlab Separate Orgasm that directly alters the "framework" by changing or removing these triggers (in this case the Orgasm event), many mods that rely on these features no longer function or behave strangely until a custom patch is installed. 

You could "break up" Sexlab into a dozen or so mini mods that each provide one major feature, but that hasn't happened likely because mods rely on those features being present, and because it would be a *massive* effort to pull apart the mod and have it still work no matter what "options" a user picked on install.  As most users would pick "all" anyway, that effort isn't likely to pay off in most cases.

For DD mods, it could be a nightmare to troubleshoot people's issues if say a quest involving a gag wasn't working, only to find out that when the user first installed DD they never installed "gags" as an optional install.  If your mod depends on adding a gag and working around that, the framework wouldn't seem reliable if you have to take into account that users may not have the options selected that you want to depend on.  People who help others troubleshoot problems have enough of a struggle simply getting people to understand they need to run Bodyslide to have items actually show up in game without having to deduce that they never installed a core feature a mod requires.

It is not a framework it is an add on to sexlab. Sexlab is the framework and it enhances it. It is their mod and they can do what they like, but truths are simple and people will figure things out. When it becomes so big that you will only have it and Sexlab the only thing that will be is bondage and sex will be for enhancing the bondage instead of the bondage enhancing sex. It is getting to large for the engine to be able to allow more, therefore it should be divided into types and people can install the types they want. This will allow continuation and combinations of other things on a limited system. It will allow people to choose resources on a PURPOSEFULLY LIMITED GAME ENGINE. It is up to them for they are the creators but it seems to me that it is also a power grab and I do not like being a pawn.

3 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

It is not a framework it is an add on to sexlab. Sexlab is the framework and it enhances it. It is their mod and they can do what they like, but truths are simple and people will figure things out. When it becomes so big that you will only have it and Sexlab the only thing that will be is bondage and sex will be for enhancing the bondage instead of the bondage enhancing sex. It is getting to large for the engine to be able to allow more, therefore it should be divided into types and people can install the types they want. This will allow continuation and combinations of other things on a limited system. It will allow people to choose resources on a PURPOSEFULLY LIMITED GAME ENGINE. It is up to them for they are the creators but it seems to me that it is also a power grab and I do not like being a pawn.

This is hogwash (lul). While DD hooks into sexlab to allow bound sex animations that supports its devices, DD would work perfectly fine as a framework without any connection to sexlab. Just cause it makes use of sexlab doesn't invalidate -all- the other things. 

In fact the use of sexlab in conjunction with DD and its devices is something that's been neglected too much for far too long now by us (and animators creating compatible animations) so it's one of the things we're working on to improve in the next update.

7 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

I always thought it would be cool to get slaves and place them at places in the game like at a ore mine, or a chopping block or a guard post. dont think it always has to pimp them out, slave labor? what about slave labor?
Some people might just like the function of the slave capture and put to work, and may not want all the rubber stuff? 
example why does every collar have to be a bondage like iron or leather collar, would be nice to have some high end jewel collars and stick them in the solitude palace? no?
- but I have a few ideas for some new stuff or immersive ideas, but every person is different to what is important to have in the game or not. 
just imagine if one only wanted CBBE sling bikinis in game but had to include UUNP and an forced to down load a clothing stores mod in size which force people to give up something like immersive armors, or similar. the store and bikini can be an add on if people wish to include a store or not. or just addmenuitem them in game if needed.

some people just like the simple common positions and not all the fisting and other things maybe, and if they unchecked them in the slal options or things to be include in game play, they already sucked up SPACE just to disable them in games.
While some like the extreme things, to each his/her own.

But sad when one might have to disable 40-60% of all things included , just saying ;) 
I am thinking about future things and hopes as things mature!!! like a good wine, and not whine !!!

2 hours ago, Supertin said:

In fact the use of sexlab in conjunction with DD and its devices is something that's been neglected too much for far too long now by us (and animators creating compatible animations) so it's one of the things we're working on to improve in the next update.

Yea, really looking forward to this aspect of future updates - the DD bound animation library has not aged well and I find myself actively disabling the filter when wearing any device other than an armbinder (can't unsee the lack of hands lol).  More polished and varied animations would be huge.

12 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

I have similar feelings and it's why I've been trying to get an answer with regards to all the inflated numbers coming out of FNIS, the footprint of the mod is becoming too big on the system for what it adds to the game, but I haven't gotten a satisfactory answer about it. On the other end it does seems to mostly tax the animation system and I found a solution to my tastes for that, rather than remove more SLAL pack I can just remove more DD animations from my own installation.

6 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Yea, really looking forward to this aspect of future updates - the DD bound animation library has not aged well and I find myself actively disabling the filter when wearing any device other than an armbinder (can't unsee the lack of hands lol).  More polished and varied animations would be huge.

I think an armbinder which works like the straight jacket and cuts of/hides the arms would be great

3 hours ago, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

I think an armbinder which works like the straight jacket and cuts of/hides the arms would be great

That could be really cool but I think there would be one major issue with that - the reason the straitjacket works that way is it is actually "chest" armor and completely replaces the body mesh, including hiding the arms.  Armbinders however use a different slot than the body armor slot, so you can wear an armbinder and other body-slot items like catsuits at the same time.

A "fancy" armbinder with a lot of extra chest straps ect that acts like a straitjacket and takes up the body slot would be a cool item to have however, and would totally work with most animations since the arms would be invisible, just like with the straitjackets themselves.

On one hand, you have people saying "DD is too big already, stop, stop stop" and right here on the same page, you have requests for new items types, new assets, possibly even new animations.

The pressure to grow is ceaseless. It's really hard to push back against that.

One of the problems with the animation packs that are around is that many of the animations are not genuinely useful with either DD, or almost any other scenario except special use by scene in a mod's custom quest. For example, the pillory animations... These are useful for PoP, but at other times are just silly. Yet we lack any variety of bound blowjobs, female on female, and many other situations, and when you step past sexlab, there's problem with "bound combat" and the narrow range of devices that works for. And what animations do exist lack a viable mechanism to select them. So often (so very often) I see my Skyrim play a pillory animation when my character is supposed to be giving a blowjob, because it has the keyword oral in there.

You can pretty much take out all those SLAL packs and not notice if you have filters on.

Personally, I'd rather see DD focus on efficiency and improving the animation situation rather than adding more items, though I'd really like to see a furniture system that works, and has non-broken cameras, and doesn't rely on (unreliably) disabling player controls for absolutely everything. I hear rumors that's a possible new DD component. I hope it comes good.