1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Eh, depending on your personal animation count threshold, you still should have -at least- 80-90% of your potential slots open after installing DD. You can't tell me that's not enough to install more SL animations than SL can handle. If you are THAT tight, you need to check your load order for other animation hogs. Lupine00's post above is a good start.

For LE, as a data point I had DD4.1, XPMSE, ZaZ8, and Shout Like a Virgin as major LL animation adders, a few other small mods (like bathing animations, etc.). With selecting SL packs carefully (bye bye to 2/3s of Funnybizness) I ended up with 484 character animations and 470 odd creature animations, and my character animation count was under 12000. I do forget the AA count, but it must have been fairly high because I would crash if I had more than 12000.

ink/quill/paper (Tintenfass/Schreibfeder/papierrolle)

I got it ... and how can i use it if i try to talk .. and get to the" ..." nothing happens.. ?

or because i am playing it in german and these are different items ? is that possible ?

i just try it till it will work.. hopefully.

Even with the recent update, PCEA2 causes trouble. It's another great candidate to not run.

You'll probably find your game a lot better off without it, both in animations and script demands.

However, I can run MNC, DD4.1, Leito's SLAL pack, FB's SLAL pack (which is big), SAP, and Zaz 8+ and still come in under the limit for normal FNIS.

Next time you add a mod, take a look at the animation list. It's a text file. How many lines are in it? If it's a lot, do you really need that mod?

Possibly, some people who have strangely large animation counts are running NMM, and have accumulated orphan assets?

AFAICS, FNIS adds behaviour files, but it doesn't remove them when you remove mods.

If you don't use MO, so you can simply discard them all when you make a new LO, then you may need to be careful and clean them by hand.

Could someone please upload the 4.0 DDi? For some reason, installing the 4.1 DDi messes up my game irrepairably. Even if I uncheck the DDi plugin, the game crashes when I try to load a save or start a new game right after the loading screen, but uninstalling DDi makes the game work again. Would anyone have any idea what causes this?

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Even with the recent update, PCEA2 causes trouble. It's another great candidate to not run.

You'll probably find your game a lot better off without it, both in animations and script demands.

However, I can run MNC, DD4.1, Leito's SLAL pack, FB's SLAL pack (which is big), SAP, and Zaz 8+ and still come in under the limit for normal FNIS.

Next time you add a mod, take a look at the animation list. It's a text file. How many lines are in it? If it's a lot, do you really need that mod?

Possibly, some people who have strangely large animation counts are running NMM, and have accumulated orphan assets?

AFAICS, FNIS adds behaviour files, but it doesn't remove them when you remove mods.

If you don't use MO, so you can simply discard them all when you make a new LO, then you may need to be careful and clean them by hand.

Thanks and thanks to Reesewow also. [now I want a Reese's Pieces.. lol]

I'll be re-evaluating the Funnybizness animations, there's a ton of them I've never used nor seen. I usually keep a notepad copy of my FNIS output for just that purpose.
Also PCEA2.... you guys, c'mon it's awesome! Each character can have there OWN animation style, adds so much life to the boring Dragonborn character. I have Samurai, Mages, Two-handers. With the right script patches it all works fine on 100+ hour saves.

On 6/22/2018 at 6:44 PM, noiadark said:

Could someone please upload the 4.0 DDi? For some reason, installing the 4.1 DDi messes up my game irrepairably. Even if I uncheck the DDi plugin, the game crashes when I try to load a save or start a new game right after the loading screen, but uninstalling DDi makes the game work again. Would anyone have any idea what causes this?

That's a common problem ATM. For some reason DDi 4.1 doesn't like it, when you have too many animations installed.
If you didn't already do it, install Crash Fixes from Nexus, set RecordCrashInfo=1 in its .ini and load up your game. Afterwards, check the generated text files (if using MO, within the overwrite folder)

When the exception address is BE6DD3, then your problem is your animation count. Uninstall some SLAL packs and you should be good to go eventually.

16 minutes ago, Mister X said:

That's a common problem ATM. For some reason DDi 4.1 doesn't like it, when you have too many animations installed.
If you didn't already do it, install Crash Fixes from Nexus, set RecordCrashInfo=1 in its .ini and load up your game. Afterwards, check the generated text files (if using MO, within the overwrite folder)

When the exception address is BE6DD3, then your problem is your animation count. Uninstall some SLAL packs and you should be good to go eventually.

Been running into this issue quite frequently and scratching my head as to what it was. Quoting for my own seach reference in the future. Thank you

On 6/11/2018 at 6:53 PM, Reesewow said:

I was under the impression that one of the implications of the larger ball gags was that they could take over the "hard" system and the smaller ones could again allow for gag-talk, since they were quite popular as items (especially in older DD mods). 

If that isn't the case in the new update, I would like to offer that as a suggestion since "hard" dialogue blocking and requiring the ink/quill/paper for communication makes modders leery to use ball gags in any sort of scene or event where the player could be expected to not have access to these items.

@galgat  

Simply put - you have too many mods and animations installed for your particular setup if you crash on load/new game.  You need to reduce your animation load if you want to be able to use 4.1, Skyrim simply cannot handle extreme animation loads and we've finally started to hit that point.  This will be an ongoing problem going forward whenever a new large SLAL pack updates or a major mod that uses animations updates - we need to be reasonable in what we include in our load orders.

There is nothing modders can do about this, this is the reason FORE did not want to release a version of FNIS with over 10k animation slots.

how can i talk now if iam wearing a simple gag ? i cant use my ink quill or paper or what ever did i missed sth ? do i need dfw ?

Need an answer now pls!!!

ink/quill/paper (Tintenfass/Schreibfeder/papierrolle)

I got it ... and how can i use it if i try to talk .. and get to the" ..." nothing happens.. ?

or because i am playing it in german and these are different items ? is that possible ?

i just try it till it will work.. hopefully.

Hi there,

So im rather new to modding and want to make my own follower (which is done at this point) so now it's time for adding content!

So i want to add dialogue etc which ties into devious device use (and sexlab arousal, but i already asked there for that part, which seems easy enough to add (dialogue condition = getfactionrank = x ).

Now i would like to also add to a result to said dialogue to equip an item -> e.g. chastity belt  / plugs and the like.

Can i just do this through the Ck's condition system or do I need to delve into scripting to get this working?

It would also be awesome if this npc can also remove said device again ofc (after a certain time or if arousal is below a threshhold again or something ?

EDIT:

Also, does anyone know how to add the CK to MO? I cant get it to work :(

Not even with the official guide thingy which says you have to put in overwrite steamappID 202480...

My 4.0 -> 4.1 upgrade experience.

Installed 4.1 with MO1, then went back to MO2 and ran FNIS/Bodyslide without error, CTD while loading save (in a very safe and mostly empty cell, so no overburdened loading).

> 25 Jun 13:10:58 Game has crashed with exception address 0xBE6DD3!

This matches the above animation overload issue noted by @Mister X

Reverted to 4.0, re-ran FNIS, save loads without issue.

Read a bunch of the comments here and then removed a few small SLAL packs and a number of PCEA2 packs that I wasn't using.

Re-enabled 4.1, ran FNIS (now about 500 animations less even with 4.1 stuff), save loaded.

Rebuilt Sexlab animation registry and tried out an armbinder to make sure animations were playing properly.  All seems to be in order except a few empty 'Chance' options in the DD MCM under events.  They default to 0 but it seems like they shouldn't be there?

6 hours ago, jujoco said:

Hi there,

So im rather new to modding and want to make my own follower (which is done at this point) so now it's time for adding content!

So i want to add dialogue etc which ties into devious device use (and sexlab arousal, but i already asked there for that part, which seems easy enough to add (dialogue condition = getfactionrank = x ).

Now i would like to also add to a result to said dialogue to equip an item -> e.g. chastity belt  / plugs and the like.

Can i just do this through the Ck's condition system or do I need to delve into scripting to get this working?

It would also be awesome if this npc can also remove said device again ofc (after a certain time or if arousal is below a threshhold again or something ?

EDIT:

Not even with the official guide thingy which says you have to put in overwrite steamappID 202480...

My mod Devious Device Helpers is one example of how to do this.  It provides general removal assistance and periodic bondage "play time".  I don't claim that what I've done is the best way to do things.  You can borrow code or hack on it to your heart's content.

I don't use MO so I can't hand you a solution.  A likely irrelevant or obvious suggestion:  Use MO to launch CK.

On 6/22/2018 at 12:44 PM, noiadark said:

I think you can download the older versions from github

7 hours ago, jujoco said:

Hi there,

EDIT:

For SSE, you downloaded the CK through the bethesda launcher from bethesda.net right? That bit me for a while. Just In CaseTM https://bethesda.net/en/dashboard bottom of page

I am trying to get DDE and DDI to work in my game. 

To start DDA works just fine, absolutely no problems with it. 

I wanted to install the other 2 for use with the Slaverun Mod. Please note that in the past the other 2 (DDE and DDI) have not worked for me either, Slaverun is avtive but un-useable due to no active DDE or DDI. 

So what is happening, after installing, activating running FNIS (which is happy, no warnings) and LOOT (also happy with no warnings), I hit start up SKSE64 version of Skyrim SE. It loads all the way to Main Menu.

1. Load a save CTD before it even comes near to starting

2. Start a new Game CTD before it even comes near to starting.

Yes the save is always fresh, and obviously New Game is fresh.

I am at an end of my experimenting to work out why these 2 DD addons just don't want to work... I have even gone as far as to remove all Mods start completely clean and then try to no avail.

5 hours ago, DarksideTinkerbell said:

I am trying to get DDE and DDI to work in my game. 

To start DDA works just fine, absolutely no problems with it. 

I wanted to install the other 2 for use with the Slaverun Mod. Please note that in the past the other 2 (DDE and DDI) have not worked for me either, Slaverun is avtive but un-useable due to no active DDE or DDI. 

So what is happening, after installing, activating running FNIS (which is happy, no warnings) and LOOT (also happy with no warnings), I hit start up SKSE64 version of Skyrim SE. It loads all the way to Main Menu.

1. Load a save CTD before it even comes near to starting

2. Start a new Game CTD before it even comes near to starting.

Yes the save is always fresh, and obviously New Game is fresh.

I am at an end of my experimenting to work out why these 2 DD addons just don't want to work... I have even gone as far as to remove all Mods start completely clean and then try to no avail.

just a thought, are you trying to use mods for the older skyrim on the special edition one ? if not, and you have the older skyrim, you need to use the SKSE 1.7.3. not the one for SE.

2 hours ago, barak43 said:

just a thought, are you trying to use mods for the older skyrim on the special edition one ? if not, and you have the older skyrim, you need to use the SKSE 1.7.3. not the one for SE.

I don't think so? Although I must admit it can be very hard to tell if I am downloading Mods for older Skyrim or the ones I can use which are SSE. They are not always clear. I do use only Mods that are Linked through the Skyrim SE pages, of which I assume are for SSE. But in saying that I have encountered Mods that have a hkx? animation that is not compatible with SSE, plus I have followed the links in requirements when given in a Mod description, there have been a few times they have been for Oldrim? (Skyrim better especially for modding not Skyrim SE such a new li'il baby when it comes to modding)

So to be totally honest I am unsure if I have downloaded the Skyrim SE versions or not. I can say one version when I think DDI was installed first FNIS went berserk with warnings mainly of compatibility, when I overrode DDI with DDE FNIS was fine.  Now with either FNIS is fine, but that still doesn't fix the loading issue. (The DD that I have is the same one found on the Skyrim SE LL site)

I would hope this is the correct one for SSE, downloaded all 3 individually, but only Assets works past the Main menu.

My SKSE is the most recent, FNIS is 7 something, SL is the most recent (not light version but full), having a Mod not work often has me double checking its requirements to ensure they are all up to date.

1 hour ago, DarksideTinkerbell said:

I don't think so? Although I must admit it can be very hard to tell if I am downloading Mods for older Skyrim or the ones I can use which are SSE. They are not always clear. I do use only Mods that are Linked through the Skyrim SE pages, of which I assume are for SSE. But in saying that I have encountered Mods that have a hkx? animation that is not compatible with SSE, plus I have followed the links in requirements when given in a Mod description, there have been a few times they have been for Oldrim? (Skyrim better especially for modding not Skyrim SE such a new li'il baby when it comes to modding)

So to be totally honest I am unsure if I have downloaded the Skyrim SE versions or not. I can say one version when I think DDI was installed first FNIS went berserk with warnings mainly of compatibility, when I overrode DDI with DDE FNIS was fine.  Now with either FNIS is fine, but that still doesn't fix the loading issue. (The DD that I have is the same one found on the Skyrim SE LL site)

I would hope this is the correct one for SSE, downloaded all 3 individually, but only Assets works past the Main menu.

My SKSE is the most recent, FNIS is 7 something, SL is the most recent (not light version but full), having a Mod not work often has me double checking its requirements to ensure they are all up to date.

ok, so you have the SSE. you're not in the correct thread then.

here is the correct one.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-beta/

but from what i can see, the DD SE is the only one, you dont need the DDA, DDI and DDX mods since they are for old skyrim.

(could be mistaken since i have the old skyrim)

you just need what is in the requirement section in the thread above.

DD can be fun under the right conditions, but I think we can all agree that the escape methods are often unrealistic. I have this trouble with immersion when wearing them. For example, if you can't cut a device right away because the material "resists", why would you be able to cut it later? Either change the message to imply that you were only able to cut it a small way through, which would make more attempts viable and take away the silly magic material idea.

How is it possible to struggle out of bondage mittens or armbinders when your hands/arms are locked in place? Is the material elastic in some manner?

9 minutes ago, nightwolf said:

How is it possible to struggle out of bondage mittens or armbinders when your hands/arms are locked in place? Is the material elastic in some manner?

Probably because gameplay mechanics demand *some* baseline escape options, despite it being a bit unrealistic.

Individual mods can and do make bindings more realistic by making the custom version they use inescapable via lockpicking or struggling, and instead provide other ways of getting free with quests or dialogue options. 

1 hour ago, damaskos said:

Why does DD2 and DD3 animation folders drop max animation limit by ~3000, despite only containing 444 animations files?

Because FNIS doesn't add animations from single files. It takes them from a behaviour file, and that file might contain around 3000 files. So if you want to decrease animation count from DD, you either have to delete the behaviour file(which can cause FNIS to ignore the whole mod) or edit the animationlist txt and generate a new hkx file with FNIS for modders.

34 minutes ago, nightwolf said:

Because FNIS doesn't add animations from single files. It takes them from a behaviour file, and that file might contain around 3000 files. So if you want to decrease animation count from DD, you either have to delete the behaviour file(which can cause FNIS to ignore the whole mod) or edit the animationlist txt and generate a new hkx file with FNIS for modders.

What kind of animations those ~3000 are and where can I browse them?

44 minutes ago, damaskos said:

What kind of animations those ~3000 are and where can I browse them?

There are not ~ 3000 new animations, as you said there are only a few hundred new animation files.  The issue people are running into is that Skyrim has limits on its memory resources because it was never intended to have so much loaded into the game beyond the main game + DLCs.  We don't understand what exactly those limits are and what combination of data types in mods push a load order over the "limit" - some people only needed to drop one or two SLAL packs to get 4.1 to work, others needed to drop a lot more. 

The fact you need to drop 3,000 animations to stop crashing probably has more to do with the type of mods you have installed than just straight-up animation count - perhaps your bottleneck is a string limit, or a specific type of animation like animations that use objects, furniture animations, or alternate animations.  Dropping 3k generic animations may put you under the limit, but it may be that you have one or two mods affecting specific data types (PCEA2, XPMSE animations ect) that if removed would let you run many more animations with DD 4.1.  Only real way to figure that out is to test things on your side, but being that close to the limit means your Skyrim is right on the breaking point and it may be time to evaluate what mods you need or don't need, especially ones that add alternate animations or animations you never see.

I think WaxenFigure phrased it pretty well earlier in the thread with this post:

The facts that Fore can load a whole lot more animations into his game than so many other people AND that the number of animations people start having trouble with varies tells us several things:

• There IS a limited resource and exceeding it is fatal.
  •  
  • The limit of animations that can be added seems to be variable.
  •  
  • Loading other mods that do not contain animations seems to lower the number of animations that can be added.
  •  
  • The limit is therefore not a specific count of animations that can be added.
  •  
  • The limit then must be a memory resource.
  •  
  • Animations are not the only objects placed into that memory resource.

Our efforts are probably best spent examining the various mods we have that allow us to check memory usage and that alter memory handling, memory sizes etc to see it there is a way we can increase the "limit".

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

There are not ~ 3000 new animations, as you said there are only a few hundred new animation files.  The issue people are running into is that Skyrim has limits on its memory resources because it was never intended to have so much loaded into the game beyond the main game + DLCs.  We don't understand what exactly those limits are and what combination of data types in mods push a load order over the "limit" - some people only needed to drop one or two SLAL packs to get 4.1 to work, others needed to drop a lot more. 

The fact you need to drop 3,000 animations to stop crashing probably has more to do with the type of mods you have installed than just straight-up animation count - perhaps your bottleneck is a string limit, or a specific type of animation like animations that use objects, furniture animations, or alternate animations.  Dropping 3k generic animations may put you under the limit, but it may be that you have one or two mods affecting specific data types (PCEA2, XPMSE animations ect) that if removed would let you run many more animations with DD 4.1.  Only real way to figure that out is to test things on your side, but being that close to the limit means your Skyrim is right on the breaking point and it may be time to evaluate what mods you need or don't need, especially ones that add alternate animations or animations you never see.

I think WaxenFigure phrased it pretty well earlier in the thread with this post:

He didn't say he needed to drop 3000. He said his animation limit goes down by 3000 only from the animations in DD2 and DD3 folders, which is a strange thing to say because there are more animations than that in DD in total.