There's no "Forbidden Tome" and "Sergius experiment" quests on my game. The MCM menu "Quests" inside "Devious Devices Integration" is empty.

I've got all the mods required and up to date and used LOOT and TES5EDIT just in case. And I'm playing Skyrim Deluxe Edition ( not Special Edition).

Does anyone know what I'm missing?

Skyrim 14_6_2018 22_10_28.png

28 minutes ago, SKYRIMCHUCK said:

There's no "Forbidden Tome" and "Sergius experiment" quests on my game. The MCM menu "Quests" inside "Devious Devices Integration" is empty.

I've got all the mods required and up to date and used LOOT and TES5EDIT just in case. And I'm playing Skyrim Deluxe Edition ( not Special Edition).

Does anyone know what I'm missing?

Skyrim 14_6_2018 22_10_28.png

That's because that was REMOVED, so what you're missing is just the conversation about how those quests were removed since they were not a priority at all, broken with no plans to fix, didn't belong in a resource mod anyway and were available for anyone who wanted to fix them and make a mod out of them to pick up and carry.

11 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

That's because that was REMOVED, so what you're missing is just the conversation about how those quests were removed since they were not a priority at all, broken with no plans to fix, didn't belong in a resource mod anyway and were available for anyone who wanted to fix them and make a mod out of them to pick up and carry.

Oh! What a pity, i kind of liked them :(

Thanks anyway! :)

5 hours ago, Reesewow said:

When you install Cursed Loot there should an option in the installer to include a plugin for Live Another Life and descriptions about being a captured princess.  If you actually look inside the DCUL download file you'll see a folder called "40 LAL" - that is the folder containing the plugin for the installer.  The .esp is called Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp.

Thank you. That solved my problem. 

Hey I'm suddenly having a problem with all devious devices that have a chain, they no longer animate.  The chains are stiff, and for ones that are supposed to be connected like the ankle chains, they are split in two.

I've verified I have HDT Physics Extensions installed, I rebuilt everything in BodySlide with the HDT option, and I even re-ran Generate FNIS for Users, but nothing helps.

Any ideas?

9 minutes ago, cetuximab said:

Hey I'm suddenly having a problem with all devious devices that have a chain, they no longer animate.  The chains are stiff, and for ones that are supposed to be connected like the ankle chains, they are split in two.

I've verified I have HDT Physics Extensions installed, I rebuilt everything in BodySlide with the HDT option, and I even re-ran Generate FNIS for Users, but nothing helps.

Any ideas?

Try going into racemenu and out.
For me this resets the hdt chains and makes it work like it should.

32 minutes ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

Try going into racemenu and out.
For me this resets the hdt chains and makes it work like it should.

Well, that didn't help.

Other things I tried:

• Moved HDT PE to the very bottom of my load order, as another mod was overwriting it, on the off chance that that one was an older version
  • Installed RaceMenu, because I was using ECE, then tried the showracemenu trick.

No luck so far...

6 hours ago, Nenez said:

MO2.. Is there a reported issue with MO2? 

Yes, MO2 seems to have a problem with the correct and complete installation of DD. MO1 works.

As a workaround you can try to disable the builtin fomod installer and do the DD install again.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/101451-devious-devices-animation-issue-with-mo/?do=findComment&comment=2278215

1 hour ago, LazyBoot said:

Please post your load-order then.

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
  7  7     ApachiiHair.esm
  8  8     ApachiiHairFemales.esm
  9  9     SGHairPackBase.esm
 10  a     SexLab.esm
 11  b     ZaZAnimationPack.esm
 12  c     SexLabAroused.esm
 13  d     Devious Devices - Assets.esm
 14  e     Devious Devices - Integration.esm
 15  f     Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
 16 10     BeeingFemale.esm
 17 11     CreatureFramework.esm
 18 12     hdtHighHeel.esm
 19 13     DeviousFramework.esm
 20 14     RaceCompatibility.esm
 21 15     EFFCore.esm
           Tiwa44_Minidresses_Dragonborn.esp
 22 16     SkyUI.esp
 23 17     iHUD.esp
 24 18     BodyChange.esp
 25 19     Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin.esp
 26 1a     Vivid Landscapes.esp
 27 1b     Vivid Weathers.esp
 28 1c     Natural Lighting Vivid Atmospherics.esp
 29 1d     DawnofSkyrim-AllMajorCities.esp
 30 1e     dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
 31 1f     RaceMenu.esp
 32 20     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 33 21     IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
 34 22     Vivid Weathers - Extended Snow.esp
 35 23     Vivid Weathers - Extended Rain.esp
 36 24     MikanEyes All in one.esp
 37 25     FNIS.esp
 38 26     SOSRaceMenu.esp
 39 27     XPMSE.esp
 40 28     Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
 41 29     SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
 42 2a     xazPrisonOverhaulPatched.esp
 43 2b     FNISSexyMove.esp
 44 2c     SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
 45 2d     SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
 46 2e     SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
 47 2f     Brows.esp
 48 30     SGHairPackAIO.esp
 49 31     KS Hairdo's.esp
 50 32     dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - High.esp
 51 33     dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Medium.esp
 52 34     dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
 53 35     dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced.esp
 54 36     7Base Remodeled Armor - Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
 55 37     7Base Remodeled Armor - Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
 56 38     7Base Remodeled Armor - Replacer.esp
 57 39     [JH skyrim people 10 in one]-all sexy women npc.esp
 58 3a     EFFDialogue.esp
 59 3b     Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp
 60 3c     BanneredMareExtension.esp
 61 3d     Captured Dreams.esp
 62 3e     SexLab-Stories.esp
 63 3f     FNISspells.esp
 64 40     HentaiCreatures.esp
 65 41     SMIM-Merged-All.esp
 66 42     SimpleSlavery.esp
 67 43     DeviousFollowers.esp
 68 44     KatarinaDCfollowerAIO.esp
 69 45     SexLab-StoriesDevious.esp
 70 46     ApachiiHelmetWigs.esp
 71 47     Solitude beheading fix.esp
 72 48     Dual Sheath Redux.esp
 73 49     UIExtensions.esp
 74 4a     AddItemMenu2.esp
 75 4b     beinz_plugin.esp
 76 4c     SexLabTools.esp
 77 4d     SLAnimLoader.esp
 78 4e     SLALAnimObj.esp
 79 4f     SexLab Extra Voices.esp
 80 50     SexLabDefeat.esp
 81 51     WetFunction.esp
 82 52     dcc-dm2.esp
 83 53     BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp
 84 54     MoreNastyCritters.esp
 85 55     Populated Skyrim Prisons Cells.esp
 86 56     Tiwa44sMinidresses.esp
 87 57     Nocturnal.esp
 88 58     Onechanbara Kagura Set.esp
 89 59     DarkReplacer.esp
 90 5a     Forbidden Ebony Armor.esp
 91 5b     SantaRobes.esp
 92 5c     kaz doa_nyo_suit_1.esp
 93 5d     DfwSupport.esp
 94 5e     RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
 95 5f     RRCAhriFollower.esp
 96 60     RRC_MarieRoseFollower.esp
 97 61     CanCho_merlinFollower.esp
 98 62     TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
 99 63     The Ningheim.esp
100 64     Lara Croft 2013.esp
101 65     SGEyebrows.esp
102 66     AK- Alternate Actors.esp
103 67     Follower Meiniang.esp
104 68     TMSG.esp
105 69     TMSG0Z.esp
106 6a     Ahri 7B Cleavage.esp
107 6b     RutahTattooPack.esp
108 6c     Facelight.esp
109 6d     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
110 6e     ImmerSlave.esp
111 6f     Bashed Patch, 0.esp
112 70     Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
           CD - Female Embassy Guards.esp
           dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
           dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp
           HighResTexturePack01.esp
           HighResTexturePack02.esp
           HighResTexturePack03.esp
           I Love Cleavage 7B.esp
           ImmerSlave-DeviceCut.esp
           Sexy Armor Replacer Patch.esp
           Tiwa44_Minidresses.esp

18 hours ago, ragnam said:

OK I WAS RIGHT!!!!! with my issue there is a work around
Kimy, seems like your install places female animations as default if one is a male or female.

I play as a male, and all my old male saves with choice default and default result in my male character shuffling feet left or right or jumping like a fish out of water.
THAT WAS NOT COOL.
next test.....
re install DD 4.1 but choose CG option and bunny hop....
Result was my male character would bunny hop when walking left or right.....

MY work around test...
I went console command showracemenu, select my male as female, and in game the female worked perfectly as expected...
the I went back into racemenu and switched back to male and returned to game, 

and in game all my male default animations are correct!!!! I can jump normal walk sideways or run and jump and not have all those preset animations on my male character!!!!!!!

Hope that info helps you look into DDi 4.1 install for for if the user has a MALE player going on and not assume they are player a female off the bat!!

Now I don't have to restart a new game or others if they hit this issue too

That's interesting, I had a very similar problem. I think it may actually be the uninstallation of PCEA 2 on an existing save that causes the issue.

I also had PCEA 2 and removed it to make room for the extra DDi animations.

As a result, upon loading with my existing save, my female character was stuck in the waddling animation despite not having any bondage items. I fixed it by equipping then unequipping an item that changes the idle/walk/run animations (I think it was the rusty chains or pet suit... can't recall which). No issues with any subsequent saves. I put it down to the usual Skyrim gremlins with my install and didn't think much of it until I saw your post.

I am forced to revert back to 3.0 no matter how many animations I reduce. I reduce to less than 3.0 levels previous and still 4.1 will ctd on new game or saved selection. I am using MO1.  My machine is decent running 2 strix 970 cards in sli, with 32 gigs ram, 8 core processor so its not the machine.

3 hours ago, gheavy said:

That's interesting, I had a very similar problem. I think it may actually be the uninstallation of PCEA 2 on an existing save that causes the issue.

I also had PCEA 2 and removed it to make room for the extra DDi animations.

As a result, upon loading with my existing save, my female character was stuck in the waddling animation despite not having any bondage items. I fixed it by equipping then unequipping an item that changes the idle/walk/run animations (I think it was the rusty chains or pet suit... can't recall which). No issues with any subsequent saves. I put it down to the usual Skyrim gremlins with my install and didn't think much of it until I saw your post.

ok that might make sense to me too by uninstalling PCEA2 to make room for DD 4.1 . 
I just want to add that I fixed all my other previous saves even quicker,  just opening showracemenu and just by clicking done and returning to game clear my player character movement to normal. I did not even have to change sex back and forth.

3 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

I am forced to revert back to 3.0 no matter how many animations I reduce. I reduce to less than 3.0 levels previous and still 4.1 will ctd on new game or saved selection. I am using MO1.  My machine is decent running 2 strix 970 cards in sli, with 32 gigs ram, 8 core processor so its not the machine.

were you able to atleast get ddi 4.0 working when it was out? in no, then you might have other mods which might be time to update those too? 
did loot or tesVedit ever give you any hints?

3 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

I'd take this to mean that the limit you are hitting is *not* primarily based on your run-of-the-mill animations, and instead is a different type of data hitting a similar limit.  In a different thread someone found removing a large scripted mod allowed them to load with 4.1, and that scripted mod did not have many animations of its own.

If you still want to try install 4.1 I'd recommend to start by uninstalling all of your SLAL packs, any alternate animation mods like PCEA2/FNIS Sexy Moves/ZAP 8+, and any very large mods you don't actually use that much.  Then install 4.1 and see if you can start a new game.  If yes, at that point I'd start putting back your favorite mods of the ones you had uninstalled until you start crashing again.  You may find that you can get a lot of your animations back in if your bottleneck was something not related to animations.

Also, if you are updating from 3.0 and want to continue your saved game you will want to at least do a good save cleaning - updating from 3.0 to 4.x is not officially supported.

8 minutes ago, ragnam said:

I just want to add that I fixed all my other previous saves even quicker,  just opening showracemenu and just by clicking done and returning to game clear my player character movement to normal. I did not even have to change sex back and forth.

It could be that doing that in showracemenu had a similar effect to equipping a DD item by resetting your character's animations to the proper set - and is easier to do than install a side mod like DD for Him just to equip a male player with a DD item to fix a PCEA2 bug.  Good thing to know if people have this issue in the future.

7 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

I'd take this to mean that the limit you are hitting is *not* primarily based on your run-of-the-mill animations, and instead is a different type of data hitting a similar limit.  In a different thread someone found removing a large scripted mod allowed them to load with 4.1, and that scripted mod did not have many animations of its own.

If you still want to try install 4.1 I'd recommend to start by uninstalling all of your SLAL packs, any alternate animation mods like PCEA2/FNIS Sexy Moves/ZAP 8+, and any very large mods you don't actually use that much.  Then install 4.1 and see if you can start a new game.  If yes, at that point I'd start putting back your favorite mods of the ones you had uninstalled until you start crashing again.  You may find that you can get a lot of your animations back in if your bottleneck was something not related to animations.

Also, if you are updating from 3.0 and want to continue your saved game you will want to at least do a good save cleaning - updating from 3.0 to 4.x is not officially supported.

I started with PCEA2, it had like 500+ alternate animations all on its own (was just enough room) , and I was able to leave all my slal in place. I got lucky. but if people dont even have PCEA2 installed, yeah they might have to start on the slals :(

33 minutes ago, ragnam said:

I started with PCEA2, it had like 500+ alternate animations all on its own (was just enough room) , and I was able to leave all my slal in place. I got lucky. but if people dont even have PCEA2 installed, yeah they might have to start on the slals :(

Another *huge* AA using mod that I bet a large portion of users don't even realize they have loaded is XPMSE's alternate animations - if default settings are used in the FOMOD installer XPMSE will install a large amount of alternate animations for the alternate weapon styles/holsters and those will be registered in FNIS even if you don't have the .esp active.

Simply re-installing XPMSE to the latest version and ensuring that I selected *none* to all animation and character creation selections made the following change to my FNIS animation counts:

WITH XPMSE animation files installed - 

mt_behavior usage: 70.8 %   ( 26 furniture, 32 offset, 0 chair, 107 alternate animations)
0_master usage: 20.3 %   ( 3 paired, 1 kill, 132 alternate animations)
Alternate Animation mods: 6 sets: 61 total groups: 309 added file slots: 2330 alternate files: 1251

9291 animations for 45 mods successfully included (character)
 3909 animations for 14 mods and 43 creatures successfully included.

WITHOUT XPMSE animations installed - 

mt_behavior usage: 70.8 %   ( 26 furniture, 32 offset, 0 chair, 107 alternate animations)
0_master usage: 18.8 %   ( 3 paired, 1 kill, 54 alternate animations)
Alternate Animation mods: 5 sets: 45 total groups: 279 added file slots: 2160 alternate files: 1087

9127 animations for 44 mods successfully included (character)
 3909 animations for 14 mods and 43 creatures successfully included.

So even as someone who's been playing modded Skyrim for a long time - I had mod data installed that I was 100% not using,  took up a significant portion of my AA "budget" and added 164 unused animations to my game files.

17 hours ago, ragnam said:

ok that might make sense to me too by uninstalling PCEA2 to make room for DD 4.1 . 

were you able to atleast get ddi 4.0 working when it was out? in no, then you might have other mods which might be time to update those too? 
did loot or tesVedit ever give you any hints?

I did get 4.0 to work. For some reason after upgrading to 4.1 I could only revert to 3.0 to get it to work. I work on my installation through MO regular and watch my saves with save tool. I hardly ever have to clean my saves because they are already clean and have not had any problems until this.

17 hours ago, Reesewow said:

You are probably right on some other mod but to find the culprit when the culprit is really DDI is frustrating. Devious followers wants you to upgrade to 4.1 so I thought I would to get the added features and try it out.

53 minutes ago, BigOnes69 said:

You are probably right on some other mod but to find the culprit when the culprit is really DDI is frustrating. Devious followers wants you to upgrade to 4.1 so I thought I would to get the added features and try it out.

I use NMM, but this is what I did
Do you have PCEA2 installed? I dumped mine.
and I uninstalled from all profiles any real old idle animations "sexy idle animations"  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53396/? 
Keep and make sure all my common mads are updated like DD, TDF, PAHE, SL, HSH, my papyrus is pretty clean no hang ups.

Was was much closer to 9300 animations and 2200 animations, pcea2 made the most room for me.
this is only the snippet at the bottom of my FNIS results with DDi 4.1 install if it helps you shoot for numbers.

Alternate Animation mods: 6 sets: 60 total groups: 294 added file slots: 2189 alternate files: 1110

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading MoreNastyCritters V1.0 ...
Reading Anubs Creature V1.0 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Creatures V1.0 ...
Reading K4Anims V?.? ...

8965 animations for 49 mods successfully included (character)
 1612 animations for 5 mods and 38 creatures successfully included.