Site Feedback

Excuse me but I keep getting kicked off site and am constantly having to log back in. I know it's the weekend but I was on at 1:00 AM Central Standard Time, central US. and was still getting interrupted. A hassle I just wanted to report. Thank You,  Sir Bron

P.S. It happened in the time it took to type these thoughts....

16 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

Excuse me but I keep getting kicked off site and am constantly having to log back in. I know it's the weekend but I was on at 1:00 AM Central Standard Time, central US. and was still getting interrupted. A hassle I just wanted to report. Thank You,  Sir Bron

P.S. It happened in the time it took to type these thoughts....

Are you sure the problem is not with your ISP? I'm on EST without an issue. Further, while there are more people on now than during the week, the numbers on currently aren't anywhere near approaching a record high.

Just now, Psalam said:

Are you sure the problem is not with your ISP? I'm on EST without an issue. Further, while there are more people on now than during the week, the numbers on currently aren't anywhere near approaching a record high.

Only site I am having trouble with, but to answer honestly, No, I do not know it's not my ISP, maybe sunspots, Thanks!

I've got a new mod I'm preparing to upload in the coming days, but suspect it's over the file size limit. Are mod files still restricted to 250 MB or has that limit changed? I couldn't find a definitive answer on the current limits while hunting around the relevant pinned topics and guidelines.

On 5/23/2023 at 2:08 PM, vaultbait said:

I've got a new mod I'm preparing to upload in the coming days, but suspect it's over the file size limit. Are mod files still restricted to 250 MB or has that limit changed? I couldn't find a definitive answer on the current limits while hunting around the relevant pinned topics and guidelines.

You can try to upload it when you create your mod page. The forum will warn you right away if your mod is too heavy.

And I've noticed that if your mod is over 100 megs, the file will have numbers in its name. "Nuka Ride.zip" to "NukaRide30514.zip".

Edited by JB.
44 minutes ago, JB. said:

You can try to upload it when you create your mod page. The forum will warn you right away if your mod is too heavy.

And I've noticed that if your mod is over 100 megs, the file will have numbers in its name. "Nuka Ride.zip" to "NukaRide30514.zip".

Thanks, yeah just trying to upload when it's ready was my fallback if I didn't have a clear answer by then.

The concern has been somewhat lessened, since I reduced a bunch of texture files from 4K to 2K resolution and am now well below 250MB, but still over 100MB so expecting the file renaming you mentioned.

On 5/23/2023 at 8:08 PM, vaultbait said:

Have you tried to upload your mod splitted into several parts using some data archiving software?? (like WinRar, 7zip - for example)
Maybe this limit is only burdensome in theory and not in practice.?

1 hour ago, JB. said:

Could someone from the staff of LL tell me if the same limit has also been introduced for uploading other files in all forum threads??

I ask because some videos posted in my favorite threads many times caused my browsers to crash and made problems with loading content on LL pages.
Thanks in advance for reply.?

Edited by smartfon
1 hour ago, smartfon said:

Have you tried to upload your mod splitted into several parts using some data archiving software?? (like WinRar, 7zip - for example)
Maybe this limit is only burdensome in theory and not in practice.?

I have not, since I've personally never tried installing (much less seen) a split-archive mod and am unsure how well popular mod managers cope with them. I'm hoping to keep the user experience smooth mostly in order to limit bug reports to actual problems with the mod, and fewer issues from users not carefully reading complex installation instructions.

3 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

I might consider making comments like these if I was a contributor... As it is, I'm happy that the site exists at all!

Apparently the term is "Subscriber" now that the avenue to donation has changed. Seems like people who were previously funding through the old method have kept the "Contributor" tag, though I'm not entirely sure.

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Apparently the term is "Subscriber" now that the avenue to donation has changed. Seems like people who were previously funding through the old method have kept the "Contributor" tag, though I'm not entirely sure.

For the record:

A Subscriber is someone who makes donations through LLs SubscribeStar account. A Contributor is a person who has 1) made material that can be downloaded from LL (i.e., is a mod maker) and 2) has been chosen by Ashal as someone who has contributed to the site even beyond that minimum.

52 minutes ago, Psalam said:

For the record:

A Subscriber is someone who makes donations through LLs SubscribeStar account. A Contributor is a person who has 1) made material that can be downloaded from LL (i.e., is a mod maker) and 2) has been chosen by Ashal as someone who has contributed to the site even beyond that minimum.

Thanks for the clarification! I'd never found that explicitly laid out anywhere either, but makes total sense, and I'm happy to know the distinction now.

7 hours ago, Psalam said:

For the record:

> And moderators (based on the verb: to moderate) are people average in amount,  intensity, quality, or degree with moderate view who make or become less extreme, intense, rigorous or violent according to the Oxford dictionary. In translation that fits to LL nature, they are people who doesn't like extreme, intense , rigorous or violent sex, but standard missionary position with few simple varieties.:classic_laugh::classic_tongue:

(Just kidding:classic_wink:)

Edited by Evaloves4

I'm getting a weird glitch trying to upload some images. I can post screenies to "What Are You Doing In Skyrim" and the like. That works just fine.

But when I try and upload a banner pic for a blog entry, I get this:

image.png

The horizontal line effect happens every time. I've made some efforts in case the file is too big or the wrong aspect ratio, but nothing seems to help.

Just now I tried to upload a new avatar image

frank_avatar.jpg

That worked here, but as an avatar, I get the same "lines" effect as on the blog header.

It's possibly me not understanding the limitations of the blog header/avatar images. If so, I'd appreciate some clarification.

43 minutes ago, DoctaSax said:

We can see it if you use the report option.

I do not see that option in my messages inbox, could you please tell me where to look? Thank You

Edited by Sir Bron