Site Feedback

10 hours ago, lucifeh said:

Why a +18 forum has a +18 session?! Isn't the whole forum +18 since you agreed to enter only if you are +18?

Adult stuff... For me an "adultier" stuff would be showing the bills I pay every month lol.... My IR declaration! The fucking shitty TAXES...... And I don't want to think about those....

I didn't start it so I'm not defending my own judgement. However, the designation is meant to indicate that the topics in the subforum are meant to be particularly lewd and/or explicit. Believe it or not, that is a designation that helps some people avoid things which they find offensive (and that helps preclude flame wars and makes my job just that little bit easier). I hope that helps.

4 hours ago, Psalam said:

that helps some people avoid navigate to things which they find offensive attractive

... base on my experience from observing others. Of course!

Never ever would I browse on my own into that section. I swear!:classic_angel:

Nevertheless it's helpful. Even around here.

Edited by worik
4 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Is it me or has the "clear notifications" option gone walkabout?

3 hours ago, Psalam said:

Look on the last page. There is a post from @Ashal answering this question. The short version is that it's gone for now.

Thank you.

If there was One thing that I would change here it is the number of likes one can give out per day. I am not talking a spammable amount as I do not run low daily, once a week is more realistic. Thank You and Thanks for the Website.

15 minutes ago, caveman74 said:

If there was One thing that I would change here it is the number of likes one can give out per day. I am not talking a spammable amount as I do not run low daily, once a week is more realistic. Thank You and Thanks for the Website.

IIRC you can increase the number of likes you get by becoming a Supporter. Just saying.

For those who read this and have missed the memo, you can become a Supporter on SubscribeStar. The simplest method of reaching this is to click the "Help Support LoversLab" link found on the bottom right of any page (including this one).

And, since I'm on about Support, let me also point out that becoming a Supporter will also eliminate those annoying ads. Again, just saying.

I've already removed over 600 of my objects from downloads and if you noticed... no more contributions from me...  All because LL refuses to implement a proper Blocking and allowed a team to harass me.  Then made excuses that "Everyone else" does the same thing... no they don't  So don't try that BS on me.

yeah... sure   lol

It's software that is already in use on your system... only needs to be implemented in both directions when anyone side initiates the block. And Dr... you don't remember the BS attacks on me on a forum topic specific about this topic matter? So bad that the topic was closed by Admin then removed by me as you left all that negativity posted to view?  Been a while I guess... lol

9 hours ago, Nonsequitur said:

yeah... sure   lol

It's software that is already in use on your system... only needs to be implemented in both directions when anyone side initiates the block. And Dr... you don't remember the BS attacks on me on a forum topic specific about this topic matter? So bad that the topic was closed by Admin then removed by me as you left all that negativity posted to view?  Been a while I guess... lol

So the thing that's there still needs to be implemented in a specific way which may or may not be feasible for the site. Ofc only Ashal can truly be the judge of that.

And no, I don't specifically remember that episode. Your first comments here made me think you were talking about harassment over your mod content or policies.

Not to rehash but LL already uses a "Block" method to stop harassments and trolling. The problem is it is only one way implemented. 

Say you have someone crapping on your day and won't let up. They trash everything you post. 

So, you BLOCK them. 

You can't see them...

But they can post up a never-ending line of crap on everything you have posted, and EVERYONE is reading this crap... but, YOU CAN'T SEE IT.  In order for YOU to see it - you must unblock them.  This is effectively putting your head in the sand while the Lions attack.

If a "Block" is initiated, it is specific from a single user - to a single user.  Both parties need to block each other, not just one party. So, when someone Blocks another - you have the accounts/names - BLOCK BOTH! Blocking only one party creates a Perfect storm of opportunity to stab the back of the other... which is what happened to me. 

This way, they cannot contact you, post to your Stuff like blogs or Topics or Downloads.  No "Back-channel BS".

I understand what you are talking about.  InvisionBoards (such as this), Simple Machine Forums, and VBulletin utilizes the block/ignore feature, but these forums only have it set up towards you ignoring a targeted individual... not actively 'blocking' the suggest target from posting within your content.  Hell, I know some forum software that doesn't even include 'Ignore', and you're stuck seeing their content regardless.

I do recall seeing your name in a discussion regarding a request for said blocking. However, the only discussion along a similar vein was: REQUEST: IGNORE feature to include Mod Downloads, this made at roughly the same time.  Yet you did not post within this thread.  Hey, I tried looking....

10 hours ago, Nonsequitur said:

Not to rehash but LL already uses a "Block" method to stop harassments and trolling. The problem is it is only one way implemented. 

Say you have someone crapping on your day and won't let up. They trash everything you post. 

So, you BLOCK them. 

You can't see them...

But they can post up a never-ending line of crap on everything you have posted, and EVERYONE is reading this crap... but, YOU CAN'T SEE IT.  In order for YOU to see it - you must unblock them.  This is effectively putting your head in the sand while the Lions attack.

If a "Block" is initiated, it is specific from a single user - to a single user.  Both parties need to block each other, not just one party. So, when someone Blocks another - you have the accounts/names - BLOCK BOTH! Blocking only one party creates a Perfect storm of opportunity to stab the back of the other... which is what happened to me. 

This way, they cannot contact you, post to your Stuff like blogs or Topics or Downloads.  No "Back-channel BS".

Really am sorry to hear your still having troubles with somebody harassing you. None of the moderators really patrol the Sims categories, so if something there hasn't been reported to us, we unfortunately typically remain unaware of it. We haven't seen any such reports for a long while as far as I can recall.

The ignore system is implemented by the forum software we use and I unfortunately can't customize it in the way you describe here. At least, not without making significant custom changes to the software, changes that aren't so simply done. If there was an already developed plugin for Invision that altered the ignore system to be 2 way, I'd happily buy and add it, I've looked however, and have unfortunately been unable to find such an existing plugin.

The closest I've found is this plugin: https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9855-force-members-to-ignore-eachother/ Which sort of does what you want, but it's a forced thing from an admin/moderator rather than altering the default ignore system. And the users forced to ignore each other could simply edit their admin altered ignore list after the fact.

More to the point, if you're having issues with a user harassing you, I'd rather you keep reporting them every chance you get. It's better for the moderators to be able to identify and ban a harasser than letting them continue to harass in silence. Even if there's a 2-way block system, that just leaves the harasser free to go harass other people. 

22 hours ago, Ashal said:

and ban a harasser

Maybe you can implement (for start as a trial run, to see how it goes...) ability for original poster (the one who started the post) to block from posting the one who is shitting on his post whatever the reason. Since the man started walking on two legs shitters are among us and that will never change... so give it a try.

Edited by mircislav
typo

> I posted a thread asking for help. The help came, let's say, in third post. Now, my question is: is there a way to mark the post as solved that gave the solution so that readers can find the post that contain solution instantly instead of going through all thread?

Edited by Evaloves4
1 minute ago, myuhinny said:

Just edit your thread title to include (solved).

> I did it and I always do when I got help7solution that worked. :) I proposed marking the solution post so that readers doesn't have to read all pages as I had to do several times when the thread was too long before I reached to solution.  (By the way, I erased "I added (SOLVED)" sentence when I posted my suggestion thinking it was irrelevant. :)

38 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

I proposed marking the solution post so that readers doesn't have to read all pages

Maybe editing the first post to include the link to the one that helped solve the problem then someone can just click the link from the first post and go straight to that post without having to look at each page.

2 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

Maybe editing the first post to include the link to the one that helped solve the problem then someone can just click the link from the first post and go straight to that post without having to look at each page.

> Never thought of it since didn't use it but it is veeery good idea.  Thanks. :) 

15 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> I posted a thread asking for help. The help came, let's say, in third post. Now, my question is: is there a way to mark the post as solved that gave the solution so that readers can find the post that contain solution instantly instead of going through all thread?

The feature was there as an experiment quite a while ago in a few chosen subforums (like game support, I think), but I have no idea why Ashal removed it again. You still can see in my profile, that I gave two community answers during that period. And IIRC the post that got marked as answer then got locked below the inital post of a thread.