Site Feedback

subscribe star is listed like this............  https://subscribestar.adult/

This is obviously an adult website, I was going to support, but I do not want that going out there to anyone. It's nobody's business what I do in my boredom.

Edited by Sir Bron
6 hours ago, Psalam said:

Good Question!

I had to take the time to look it up since I've been doing it for some time now. It reads "SubscribeStar". Nothing else. No reference to LoversLab. No allusion to NSFW.

I went to check my statement as well and Psalam is 100% correct.  It's billed only as "SubscribeStar."  Nothing about adult or NSFW or LL.  While the link from LL takes you to SubscribeStar Adult, I know there are some very vanilla creators on Youtube who also use SubscribeStar as an alternative to Patreon, so if you're concerned about nosy neighbors you can always tell them it's your favorite knitting channel on YT.

1 hour ago, Evaloves4 said:

I'd like to know, why deleted post(s) aren't deleted in real time/instantly? And how come somebody can quote my deleted post while in the same time deleted blog entries are inaccessible right after deletion?

First question, why posts aren't deleted in real time. I can't begin to tell you the number of times I've been asked to restore a post (or mod, or whatever) by an author. So, the delay gives people a chance to change their mind. Once a post is deleted, it's gone.

The other question, about quoting, no one should be able to quote your post once it's been deleted. However, if they quoted your post BEFORE you deleted it then the quote will persist. (Some inside baseball facts: this is one of the Staff's biggest headaches when they remove objectionable posts. It's not enough to remove the political or racist or whatever comments - you also have to remove all those who have quoted it in order to clean the Thread.)

5 minutes ago, Psalam said:

First question, why posts aren't deleted in real time. I can't begin to tell you the number of times I've been asked to restore a post (or mod, or whatever) by an author. So, the delay gives people a chance to change their mind. Once a post is deleted, it's gone.

The other question, about quoting, no one should be able to quote your post once it's been deleted. However, if they quoted your post BEFORE you deleted it then the quote will persist. (Some inside baseball facts: this is one of the Staff's biggest headaches when they remove objectionable posts. It's not enough to remove the political or racist or whatever comments - you also have to remove all those who have quoted it in order to clean the Thread.)

> Thanks for the answer. I was surprised to see my quote posted several minutes AFTER i deleted my post. Did LL delayed my deletion or the person+s post with my quote i do not know. All I know I didn't like to see it.

19 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Thanks for the answer. I was surprised to see my quote posted several minutes AFTER i deleted my post. Did LL delayed my deletion or the person+s post with my quote i do not know. All I know I didn't like to see it.

Don't forget the simple technical expedient. If I hit "quote" now and then struggle for the next 5 minutes to complete a post that says just exactly what I want it to say then your quote shows up 5 minutes later. Possibly after you've deleted the original post.

6 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Don't forget the simple technical expedient. If I hit "quote" now and then struggle for the next 5 minutes to complete a post that says just exactly what I want it to say then your quote shows up 5 minutes later. Possibly after you've deleted the original post.

> I see. Thanks for clarifying this to me. Still - don't like it, no offense. :classic_smile:I wish it wouldn't be possible to do it.

9 hours ago, Psalam said:

Thanks about the part dealing with deleted posts.

I've got a "facts of Life" question, if several posts are deleted in a thread, it might be impractical to notify ALL post-ers, but the one person you disagree with and delete, are they notified? Or is it more of an OP-option.

Is there a hierarchy of people posting? 
Some might get deleted, some never seem to be.

(Leading me to believe some rate more than others, but that's a dangerous guess, I guess)

3 hours ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

Thanks about the part dealing with deleted posts.

I've got a "facts of Life" question, if several posts are deleted in a thread, it might be impractical to notify ALL post-ers, but the one person you disagree with and delete, are they notified? Or is it more of an OP-option.

Is there a hierarchy of people posting? 
Some might get deleted, some never seem to be.

(Leading me to believe some rate more than others, but that's a dangerous guess, I guess)

Since I opened this can of worms let's see if I can avoid turning it into a Diet of Worms.

No one is specifically notified of a deleted post. On occasion it seems appropriate to put a post of my own up to let people know that I saw a problem that required dealing with. Sometimes I will DM someone about a post - but that is vanishingly rare.

There is only one single rule of priority posting. A mod author on their Support Thread can get away with things not acceptable elsewhere. Those things would fall under "Rude and Insulting" elsewhere. This site is all about the mod authors (look at Rule One if you don't believe me). So, I look very sympathetically on a mod author who may not want to listen to people gripe about the direction in which they've taken their mod.  Or, they have no interest in someone's complaints about the little issues with their mod that the downloader gets free after all of the mod author's hard work and time. Or, they may just be tired of answering the same question for the thousandth time.

I freely admit that I also tend to give just a limit more slack to the OP of a Thread than I do the other posters. After all, only the OP can tell us what they really meant to elicit with their Thread. That being said, I suspect that the OP's probably don't feel the love.

Beyond that, no one gets priority. As I have recently reminded people I have had my own posts deleted. There are sometimes things happening in the background that may make it appear that some people get a pass but it just isn't that way. And, never forget, ultimately, the Staff do not read every post on LL. We are all completely dependent on you, the Membership, to Report Rules violations. If someone starts a Thread that is in complete violation of the Rules the odds are that I will never find it on my own.

I hope that helps. My experience has been that, despite everything I said being true, few will believe me. Everyone seems to feel that, for good or ill, their case is the exception. (Or, perhaps I should say, they feel that their case is the the real Rule.)

On 4/20/2023 at 6:06 AM, Evaloves4 said:

> people here stick their noses in other people's businesses and lives all the time. They would die if they wouldn't know who is doing what, where, when, how and why:classic_laugh:

I know I'm late replying to this, but I fully agree. That's why Hobbits are my spirit race. They mostly just ignore things that don't concern them and go on about their business. Just like me in real life. If it doesn't concern me, I just ignore it.

16 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Wish more people would think this way.

No kidding! The world would be much nicer.

17 hours ago, deadjester226 said:

I know I'm late replying to this, but I fully agree. That's why Hobbits are my spirit race. They mostly just ignore things that don't concern them and go on about their business. Just like me in real life. If it doesn't concern me, I just ignore it.

17 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Wish more people would think this way.

4 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> I do not care if you a vampire, my dear, for i'd like to ahem you :classic_wink:

11 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

No kidding! The world would be much nicer.

While I am in complete agreement with the sentiment this is not the Thread in which to post it.

2 minutes ago, Psalam said:

While I am in complete agreement with the sentiment this is not the Thread in which to post it.

Apologies.

10 minutes ago, Psalam said:

You know what?

Spoiler

That's fair.

May I ask why we are only allowed 20 likes per day?  For instance @Evaloves4can use those on just one of her many threads. Is there a little wiggle room to allow members who have threads that see lots of traffic to have more? 

I looked in to becoming a supporter, but do not like the "Tags" associated with donating. It is nobody's business where I spend my money.

Could you good people discuss this topic please, and let us know what you have decided? 

Thank You.     Sir Bron 

3 hours ago, Sir Bron said:

Is there a little wiggle room to allow members who have threads that see lots of traffic to have more? 

I looked in to becoming a supporter, but do not like the "Tags" associated with donating. It is nobody's business where I spend my money.

Could you good people discuss this topic please, and let us know what you have decided? 

Thank You.     Sir Bron 

> I like the way you're thinking:classic_smile: