11 11... 2021... Skyrim Doomsday !

2 hours ago, T-lam said:

Do you know Unreal ? Release 1

I had to watch that on a friends computer, mine wasn't up for the task IIRC ^^

There was a shapeshifter first person game I loved to bits, just can remember it's name ?

Nevertheless, before we digress too much from the topic. I wish everyone a working modded game no matter what it is.

7 hours ago, worik said:

Does it have an equivalent to the Creative trait?  If not, I won't even look at it.

Creative allowed me to bypass parts of the game that I found dumb/lackluster/boring.  e.g. if I chose to take a Class III shield because I really need my early-game ships to survive, I shouldn't have to rely on RNG to 1) get a different species to select radiation shield and 2) allow my spies to actually steal it.  I also found the diplomacy to be silly, almost to the point of insulting.  The AI would never accept anything that wasn't extremely heavily in their favor...

On 11/2/2021 at 4:59 AM, spoonsinger said:

Just to note under the new steam download page the 'Missing file privileges' message is now a more scary 'DISK WRITE ERROR' message. However still the best way of stopping Steam updating something you don't want updated. eg :-

image.png.ef5853cf1646aa2ead632eec174bfce6.png

Thanks for sharing this. Super helpful (assuming it works, but I believe it will) :)

They can update game versions smoothly without breaking all our mods, it cost nothing to integrate mod support lib for compatibility, but Besethda marketing thinks that ruining a game every several years and reselling it is more profitable. All casuals will buy Skyrim in .. 3..4(?) time. In any industry such behavior is a shady practice, but in IT is how marketing works - "breaking update and reselling patches".

On 10/31/2021 at 4:38 PM, BlueBerryCaffe said:

PS: if you could give me a receipe for a LE version with 200+ mods running smoothly... i would love you on sight ^^

Sure, it is called MO2, Crash-fixes, Enboost, Mator-smash, Bethini, X-edit merge, and common knowledge of where to place things in a load order. So, SE user who thinks LE is the dark-ages, my 600+ mod list, steady 60fps while even running ENB with ugrids=7, and no crash setup would love to say hello.

Honestly, How could 5 years on SE make people forget that LE always had the tools to make a stable game? The elitist attitude of some SE users when they are so ignorant of what can be done on LE is tiresome. Its like they think LE is pong, so childish.

7 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

It is an age old debate as you see the comments here people just get butt-hurt when you speak bad about SE. 

It's just the people who never could mod LE or need to be against something to feel good about it. I like SE but never saw it so much as superior to LE, just easier for me to handle.  ? Just cause you like the other version more, doesn't make the other bad.. But that's the mentality of most people nowadays. "Don't like that, must be bad. People who like what i find bad are stupid." 

Honestly i don't get it ?

35 minutes ago, NymphoElf said:

Plenty of us are also on SE. So there's reason to get the word out.

SSE isn't the problem.

SSE evangelist whom cannot stand the fact their modding practices are still trash despite having a more robust platform are. And now that Bethesda has literally rammed that smugness right back up where it came from, there's probably going to be commentary on it.

and they deserve it.

all this discussion LE or SE appears sick to me. Always blaming each other and hidden or open insulting. Why not work together.

I got both, but switched for gaming to SE mainly because the of fe feature. Well, things like this pointless discussions will never fit into my head.

Must have missed something living in the cave ;)

34 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

all this discussion LE or SE appears sick to me. Always blaming each other and hidden or open insulting. Why not work together.

I got both, but switched for gaming to SE mainly because the of fe feature. Well, things like this pointless discussions will never fit into my head.

True. I never understand why people develop that "Us vs Them" mentality. SE or LE, it's still Skyrim.

I don't hate SE, but for me It all comes down to the increase in the elitist, smug fueled diatribes by a good many, but not all, SE users on the subject of LE. Honestly I personally think it all stems from the cult like mentality on the Skyrim reddit. Its a strange realm where if you don't follow the pack and conform your either exiled or ridiculed. Its become a crazy hierarchy, even more so with the advent of mod packs and recent dramas. 

I am an SE user.
I don't know about you, but AE really scares me.
I made a backup of the game folder, a backup of my saves and mods that I copy to a usb key.
But I'm really afraid that one day this AE will force us to go under wing and that modders will also go under this cursed AE.
Without being mean, I don't want to be on the same level as all those suckers, waiting for the AE.

Settling for the only CC mods with mute characters and fishing. 
But seriously...who plays Skyrim to fish here?

Playing with disgusting vanilla characters etc. Yikes. ?

16 hours ago, Potato_Skill said:

True. I never understand why people develop that "Us vs Them" mentality. SE or LE, it's still Skyrim.

Some seem to tie their self worth to which version of skyrim they use, why i've never worked out either

Edited by pinky6225
21 hours ago, 27X said:

SSE isn't the problem.

SSE evangelist whom cannot stand the fact their modding practices are still trash despite having a more robust platform are. And now that Bethesda has literally rammed that smugness right back up where it came from, there's probably going to be commentary on it.

and they deserve it.

All I was saying was trying to say is that there's reason to get the word out, and that the person in question saying "people still play LE, so there's no point to mention this" (interpretation of their comment, not exact quote) wasn't giving valid reasoning for said comment.

20 hours ago, faky said:

SE people should resist this bullshit and tell bethesda to stuff it

but then again they are SE people...so most of them wont

We are? We're all (hopefully) making a backup of our folders.

20 hours ago, Tlam99 said:

I agree. While I personally believe that SE is "better" overall, namely for the increased RAM allocation which helps (but does NOT guarantee) stability, I'll never shame someone for playing on LE. If your game works and you enjoy playing it (either LE or SE), then why should anyone care? I certainly don't.

6 minutes ago, NymphoElf said:

I agree. While I personally believe that SE is "better" overall, namely for the increased RAM allocation which helps (but does NOT guarantee) stability, I'll never shame someone for playing on LE. If your game works and you enjoy playing it (either LE or SE), then why should anyone care? I certainly don't.

Parlor modders usually don't play the games they mod. They are on it only for profit or "visibility", to be hired by the industry or become pop stars of modding. Hence why they overlook this aspect of playability. If it works, does not matter which version it is. 

But if someone is a parlor modder, he will not let his mod be converted to the other version of the game, and this raises animosity. Hence the bickering between SE and LE users. 

The issue was never SE versus LE, but parlor versus cathedral. 

1 hour ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

Parlor modders usually don't play the games they mod. They are on it only for profit or "visibility", to be hired by the industry or become pop stars of modding. Hence why they overlook this aspect of playability. If it works, does not matter which version it is. 

But if someone is a parlor modder, he will not let his mod be converted to the other version of the game, and this raises animosity. Hence the bickering between SE and LE users. 

The issue was never SE versus LE, but parlor versus cathedral. 

Pure confabulation.

Categorically false, with three threads here to display.