11 11... 2021... Skyrim Doomsday !

52 minutes ago, Beskitu said:

if you really looked into this you would know that the console thingy is not working anymore and the depot downloader is not working as well

This^

31 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Getting an updated version of SKSE64 will not fix anything- mod authors must update their mods (including the Address Library) to the new version of SKSE before the mods will work. If you somehow missed all the announcements and warnings and allowed Steam to update SSE, you will need to revert it to 1.5.97 and revert your SKSE to whatever version you had yesterday.

This is not new! We went through this at least 5-6 times 2 years ago when Beth was updating the game almost monthly!  Just block updates and wait until the Address Library and all the other SKSE-dependent mods you use have been updated before you allow Steam to update SSE.

I don't think you understand. 

Steam is very intrusive in making sure games are updated automatically. While it is true you can change the settings to this to help prevent this from happening, the best you can do is to only update when the game is run. Sometimes it'll work, sometimes it'll update anyway. Worst of all, when Steam itself gets updated(sometimes), your personal settings can get effected and are restored to default settings which just so happens to be...update games always. Folks and myself included missed the announcements and warnings, I wasn't aware at all, and to then revert back to 1.5.97, as mentioned earlier, unless you do a manual back up, that's not happening. 

You are right about everything else in regards to the Address Library etc. I merely pointing out that a new SKSE has been released from day one of the release of the DLC, so there is a good chance a new SKSE for SSE will be coming out soon-ish.   

1 hour ago, Beskitu said:

if you really looked into this you would know that the console thingy is not working anymore and the depot downloader is not working as well

I not only "really looked into this" but (as I said in one of my recent posts) I have personally done "the console thingy" on two different occasions.

I'm blocking updates AND I have a full backup of my SSE folder, so I have not been updated nor have I attempted to use the Steam Console today. If the Manifest download via Steam Console isn't working this morning, I haven't read anything saying that yet. Obviously, if Steam has blocked access to the Console, or the SSE 1.5.97 App and/or ManifestID are not what they have been for 2 years, then I stand corrected.

Edited by Vyxenne
Because "thingie" ≈ "thingy"

post it here, too

open your folder  ....../steamapps

make a backup of appmanifest_489830.acf

open the file appmanifest_489830.acf with editor

change line to this: (sets updated)

"StateFlags"        "4"

set this file read only (right click file, properties)

In addition:

set read only

skyrimSE.exe

skyrimlauncher.exe

skyrim.esm

update.esm

all DLC (dawnguard etc.)

With update on gamestart only, you got then 2 more "barriers"

Tested this all, my game starts without issues.

Edited by Tlam99
forgot a word

Update and quote from SKSE site:

"This is a preliminary build of SKSE64 with support for Skyrim SE 1.6.318, aka the Anniversary Edition. All of the hooks tested as working, the Papyrus extensions seem to be OKish but I don't have complete test coverage. At the very least you can keep using Todd's favorite mod (SkyUI) without problems. The primary feature that is missing is the plugin manager, which is currently disabled until I can rewrite the system that handles plugin compatibility checks. Plugin developers can build local versions with it enabled, but keep in mind that the version check code is going to change.
If you have an existing mod setup on pre-AE that you would like to keep working, this is not a sign that you should upgrade and start using this version of SKSE. However, if you have already upgraded to AE and are feeling adventurous, then try this out."

Got both games still installed, so not worried since we learned all this shit long ago with FO4. Nothing new worth downloading is going to be made for AE. It all be updated mods or ports. And quite frankly Beth can go fuck themselves trying to force this CC garbage down our throats. You'd think they would be more interested in their next shill act- Oh wait! That involves work and creativity!!!! What am I thinking. :P

18 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Got both games still installed, so not worried since we learned all this shit long ago with FO4. Nothing new worth downloading is going to be made for AE. It all be updated mods or ports. And quite frankly Beth can go fuck themselves trying to force this CC garbage down our throats. You'd think they would be more interested in their next shill act- Oh wait! That involves work and creativity!!!! What am I thinking. :P

Well, at least you get the trash for free now....

7 hours ago, Tlam99 said:

BTW, you should think twice before blocking updates.

You might miss some great mods made for AE:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/58252

Jokes aside, there is this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/58266

Someone had to come along and apply a Mod Configuration Menu to their official product to allow players to adjust the settings to something more reasonable as opposed to the hyperbolic needs demands for this hastily cobbled together addition, something which comes across as baffling since other developers at the same company figured out how to make the same feature work in Fallout 4. 

9 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Well, at least you get the trash for free now....

No you don't. Still costs 20€/20$ to upgrade for full "experience".

1 hour ago, belegost said:

would anyone use this instead of Frostfall is beyond me

Just visited this site and I got some kind of "LE" feeling.

Patches, mods for CC content and AE. It's like tripled now, LE, SE, AE. One needs to read carefully for what version a mod is.

All those fixes for AE popping up gives me the impression, this version is .... let's say a little bit too early out, but the modders

out there will fix it. We need the cash now. For me it makes it more and more pointless even to check out this site.

So, you LE brothers, if you want or not. We, SE and you, LE, are going to sit in the same boat and start fishing ?

Edited by Tlam99
3 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

Just visited this site and I got some kind of "LE" feeling.

I'm not sure what are you referring to. What I meant was why would anyone PAY MONEY for a survival mod that's a stripped down knock off of Frostfall, which has been a staple survival mod since at least 2013.

1 minute ago, belegost said:

I'm not sure what are you referring to

I got it, your link made me checking out all this. Pay for a buggy mod what is available for free and even better.

Now what I mentioned applies, the modders are going to fix it and the cc creators got a reason to publish there fixes.

The SE site gets more and more cluttered with AE mods.

1 hour ago, belegost said:

I'm not sure what are you referring to. What I meant was why would anyone PAY MONEY for a survival mod that's a stripped down knock off of Frostfall, which has been a staple survival mod since at least 2013.

Legendary Edition had paid mods, including Chesko's survival mods, for a brief period. Creation Club was the result of BGS listening to much of the criticism yet finding a way to botch it anyway, mostly due to having to keeping the same update procedure for the PC version of Special Edition and the console releases.

Had they simply offered CC as DLC in the store while leaving the executable untouched (unless it needs to be updated to enable features not found in the base game), most people probably would have cared so much. Of course, that could lead to problems with Fallout 4 as any DLC would be covered by the Season Pass. 

On 11/11/2021 at 6:10 PM, Vyxenne said:

I ran 420 mods in my previous playthrough, and I'm running 329 on my current playthrough. My recipe for success is to switch to SSE due to the greater capacity and stability of everything, read every mod Description in full, browse recent mod-page posts for a few minutes before installing any mod that is not a simple apparel mod, use Vortex and pay [...]

TL; DR: Read about mods before you install them, and Use Vortex

Hi you :) 

I was talking about LE. I am an SSE user too. Though always sticked to MO2 and very happy about it. So ...

- What are the pros of Vortex against MO2?

- How you bypass the 255 mods limit ? I know about merging mods but let's exclude this one :) 

- Yes i do read comments. Thats why my setup of 200+ mods has literally zero to almost none problems . 

Again... was talking about LE :) 

11 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

If you can operate Mo2 you have zero reason to switch to vortex. I use Vortex and while i like it, it's more  because of it's simplicity then features.

Thank you . Thats what i thought but as never even clicked Vortex once i had nothing to compare with.

Have a nice day :)! 

2 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

Not convinced of that this is not the thread for it but Vortex is head and shoulders above MO2 just in features not to mention it was made by the same people just a new version.

tbh and thats the last thing i say about it, as you said it's not the thread for it, most of my experience with managers comes from NMM and Vortex with a quick overview of Mo2. I just try to take a distance on that matter since many people react butt hurt when it comes to vortex vs mo2. So i stand on the opinion: if you can work with the one, don't bother with the other

5 hours ago, BlueBerryCaffe said:

always sticked to MO2 and very happy about it. So ... What are the pros of Vortex against MO2?

Hiding response since this is not the thread for it.

Spoiler

The main thing I like (Vortex over MO2) is the simplicity, intuitiveness and automation. It has almost all of the functionality of MO2 with much more automation (user-toggleable) to take care of 99% of the "remember to always do this unless that" kind of thing that is the bane of most mod users. Vortex also has functionality that I don't believe MO2 has- e.g. installing SKSE64 automatically, click-buttons to flag plugins as ESPFEs right in the Plugins tab, etc. It includes LOOT, and remembers to run FNIS when needed (and not "just in case" when it's not needed.)

A Vortex-managed installation appears to have all of the mod files where they belong - in the Data folder and subfolders of that - instead of hidden off in a proprietary folder structure that makes it difficult to troubleshoot when a mod author says "look in Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets and make sure you have femalehands_0 and _1.nif." With Vortex, you will find those files in that location even though they are not actually there (Vortex uses links to create a virtual installation that appears to be in the correct folders.) But with MO2,  you could have hundreds of mods installed and not a single file in your Data folder. MO2 proponents cite this as an advantage, but I found it to be an encumbrance. "To each her own" I guess.

- How you bypass the 255 mods limit ?

The "255 mods limit" is actually a plugins limit, not a mods limit- many mods (texture/mesh replacers, animations, sound files, ENB binaries, dll mods, etc.) do not even have plugins. Vortex automatically identifies esp's that "could be light" (can be esl-flagged), turning them into ESPFEs that do not count against the 255 limit, and even has a clickable link/button in the Plugin details panel that you can just click and BAM! Instant ESPFE, no need to use SSEEdit at all.

Again... was talking about LE :)

(I didn't notice that before) Yes- the case for Vortex over MO2 is not as strong for Oldrim users as it is for SSE players because part of the added functionality isn't relevant with SLE. If you are currently using MO2 and happy with it, I don't think the added convenience of Vortex would justify disrupting your LE game installation to switch. However, for NMM users (like I was when I switched to Vortex) there's just no question that Vortex is a better mod manager.

Hope this helps you! ?

Edited by Vyxenne
Because "Mods" <> "Plugins"