11 11... 2021... Skyrim Doomsday !

lmao slander & libel? Are we publishing a magazine? Damn I need in on some of those royalties.

Never mind the "Your Kind", oh boy. Or "Parlour vs Cathedral", man, been a while since I heard that...

Labels and (false) Dichotomies... sure seems like you're no fan of non-binary systems. 

15 hours ago, Wolfstorm321 said:

Parlor modders usually don't play the games they mod. They are on it only for profit or "visibility", to be hired by the industry or become pop stars of modding. Hence why they overlook this aspect of playability. If it works, does not matter which version it is. 

But if someone is a parlor modder, he will not let his mod be converted to the other version of the game, and this raises animosity. Hence the bickering between SE and LE users. 

The issue was never SE versus LE, but parlor versus cathedral. 

You can convert anything you like, its hosting that conversion on a modding site which you need permission for, as its not like the mod author is going to come round your house and delete it from your PC

On 11/10/2021 at 2:47 AM, BAB PEEG said:

All I know is when I played skyrim it crashed like crazy but when I switched to sse using the same mods it never crashes and I am just thankful for that.

All SSE does is hide the problem by throwing more processing power at poor optimization. It's not an excuse for poor optimization in the first place and as someone who spent a lot of time cleaning out bad scripts and bad ESPs, LE is perfectly able to handle complex mods that are using resources appropriately.

Funnily enough in the early days of SSE modding, I found it to be crashing far more than LE. It's mainly because I spent so much time optimizing and cleaning my LE mods that I never saw the need to switch to SSE. It wasn't until very much later that modders realize that SSE isn't a platform with infinite resources and are forced to practice some modding discipline again.

To be fair it's not completely the mod authors fault either and I've seen some really baffling modders who download 4k textures for apples and then have a DOF that blurs out the detail anyway. What a waste of resources, they should just pick one or the other.

With that said, I'm happy with how stable SSE is in now, but damn, some of those mods were resource hogs for no reason.

On 11/10/2021 at 2:46 AM, Tlam99 said:

What ? There is grey in between ? The people are different ? Not possible !

I really like this kind of binary thinking 

Seems like a predominantly US-based way of thinking (and to a lesser degree UK-based). I mean, they only have TWO political parties (That matter. And frankly, from an outsider perspective the differences between them are purely cosmetic) so you're either one or the other, you're either on "our" team or you're not. Seems like no capacity for a broader spectrum of opinions on any subject is inherent.

Edited by belegost
59 minutes ago, mircislav said:

Well. my LE is not crushing like crazy and I see no reason to play SE - in fact, few months ago I deleted all SE mods and uninstalled SE for good. But, that's only me...

Did you paraphrase my entire post and didn't even read it?

I was talking about how stable LE was and that people just needed to learn to optimize their mods properly. It wasn't until recently that SSE mods started to be a bit more optimized.

Just been snooping around about this topic. I'll be honest, I haven't played Skyrim SSE for a while now so I'm kind of 'meh' and not surprised about the situation. 

Having said that, there is already a preliminary SKSE AE build(1.6.317). I haven't tried it yet but it might work well enough to get by in the meantime. 

1 hour ago, Beskitu said:

my sse got fucked because of that and now i am trying to find a way to go bac kto 1.5.97 or i will have to go back to LE. Do you guys have any idea how to go back to 1.5.97?

I didn't turn off auto update either and now mine is screwed as well, trying to figure out a way to downgrade, If I figure something out I'll drop it in here

1 hour ago, Darkblendjoe said:

Just been snooping around about this topic. I'll be honest, I haven't played Skyrim SSE for a while now so I'm kind of 'meh' and not surprised about the situation. 

Having said that, there is already a preliminary SKSE AE build(1.6.317). I haven't tried it yet but it might work well enough to get by in the meantime. 

Doesn't seem to want to work for me :/

Just now, L33tz0r5 said:

Doesn't seem to want to work for me :/

Just a reminder, this is for AE, not SSE. So unless you purchase and update with the AE DLC, that won't work anyway. 

I'd sit tight, maybe for a few days, and see if a new build comes out. Considering how fast the AE SKSE version came out (same day!) might not have to wait too long...we'll see.

The results of the AE are catastrophic.
-Graphical changes: 0
-Mods: Most of them are not available
The fishing mod is all rotten.

Many bugs; some even without mods have their saves corrupted.

I'm French and I go on a video game forum site, and on the Skyrim forum in this site, a lot of crying, and disappointment.

For those getting back on Skyrim and not having blocked majs or done a backup and having LE, you can go back to LE again.
On SE, without backup and blocked updates, it's dead. And the Nexus downgrade patch doesn't work.

Edited by hana120
On 10/31/2021 at 4:58 PM, davisev5225 said:
On 10/31/2021 at 3:38 PM, BlueBerryCaffe said:

PS: if you could give me a receipe for a LE version with 200+ mods running smoothly... i would love you on sight ^^

I've never gone quite that big.  I'm running 153 mods with (nearly) no issues.  Very rare that it crashes, locks up, or doesn't behave as expected (minus the de-facto Bethesda buggery).

I ran 420 mods in my previous playthrough, and I'm running 329 on my current playthrough. My recipe for success is to switch to SSE due to the greater capacity and stability of everything, read every mod Description in full, browse recent mod-page posts for a few minutes before installing any mod that is not a simple apparel mod, use Vortex and pay close attention when Vortex alerts you to conflicts, especially unexpected ones like SoS trying to overwrite XPMSSE' skeleton. :classic_ohmy: When Vortex alerts you to an unexpected conflict, there is no rush to decide what to do- Vortex will sit there literally forever with the Conflict Resolution Popup open while you go online and search for information on the conflict and the best way to resolve it.

TL; DR: Read about mods before you install them, and Use Vortex

1 hour ago, hana120 said:

On SE, without backup and blocked updates, it's dead.

Sorry, not true. There are several tutorials on how to fully revert your SSE to Version 1.5.97, or any other version. You just need to know a couple of numbers and use the Steam Console. I have done it twice in the past, back when SSE was being updated every 30-90 days in Bethesda's zeal to sell us CC crapware.

24 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Sorry, not true. There are several tutorials on how to fully revert your SSE to Version 1.5.97, or any other version. You just need to know a couple of numbers and use the Steam Console. I have done it twice in the past, back when SSE was being updated every 30-90 days in Bethesda's zeal to sell us CC crapware.

Now they do it twice a day....

36 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

if you really looked into this you would know that the console thingy is not working anymore and the depot downloader is not working as well

1 hour ago, L33tz0r5 said:
2 hours ago, Darkblendjoe said:

there is already a preliminary SKSE AE build(1.6.317). I haven't tried it yet but it might work well enough to get by in the meantime. 

Doesn't seem to want to work for me

Getting an updated version of SKSE64 will not fix anything- mod authors must update their mods (including the Address Library) to the new version of SKSE before the mods will work. If you somehow missed all the announcements and warnings and allowed Steam to update SSE, you will need to revert it to 1.5.97 and revert your SKSE to whatever version you had yesterday.

This is not new! We went through this at least 5-6 times 2 years ago when Beth was updating the game almost monthly!  Just block updates and wait until the Address Library and all the other SKSE-dependent mods you use have been updated before you allow Steam to update SSE.