Sanity Framework

View File

Sanity Framework 1.96 (Whispers Release)

-- Added a few bug fixes on April 9, 2022

Clue: Next to the green bear in Rabbit Hole.  I can't be more specific than that!

Description:

The story thus far... You are the sole survivor, and you just left the vault with the burden of the loss of your son, the loss of your spouse, and the end of the world.   How can you possibly help them if you can't help yourself?  Dread grips your mind and heart as you explore Wonderland, or now, Wasteland, just like Alice.  You find cryptic messages leading you around the ruins of the Commonwealth.  The more you follow these leads, the less you care about the problems in the world around you.  Your choices will ultimately decide your fate.  Your spouse, your son, your world is gone now.  And deep down you know, nothing will end well.

Hard Requirements:

Load Order:

1. AAF custom installation
  2. Sanity Framework
  3. MCM
  4. Sex Attributes [Required with latest update]

INCOMPATIBLE:

• Anything that edits Concord may have issues.  I will work on finding the exact conflict

Mod Integration: There are several key mods I intend to integrate with that will affect sanity.  The following are planned to date:

Recommended Mods:  These Mods are my personal favourites, and they do add to the immersive experience. Not at all necessary. 

Finally, if you have any problems with my mod, please feel free to always PM me. I don't need to use discord to help you. ❤️

Please Report any Issues/Comments/Questions or Suggestions at my GitHub

Information:

Spoiler

Many of the settings in the mod are not changeable for a reason.  That said, here are contributing factors you should consider:

Sanity, Stress and Alignment are active values and are affected by interaction in the world.

Trauma, Depression and Grief are passive values and are affected by passive events such as sleeping, the passage of time, outcomes of events, and they increase or decrease over time.  These can be marginally affected by drug use, sleeping, drinking, being with a companion with high affinity, etc...

A few ever-present factors:

Depression is permanent, and though it can drop to zero for short periods of time, it will always continue to go up.  This is affected by many things, such as weather, length of time finding Shaun, and the types of drugs/alcohol you take.  It is also affected by the follower affinities.

Grief starts with the realization of the death of Player's spouse and abduction of Shaun.  This builds consistently until Shaun dies.  But the outcome of the final decisions made by the player with regards to Shaun -- and of course other Characters that may or may not be killed in game, such as decimating the Railroad, or decimating the BoS.

Trauma is a function of all noteworthy events that happen to the character.  This is not able to be reduced without significant intervention.  I plan to add a mental health professional and a single dose of an unnamed potion that the Player will be able to find via a quest.  This will reset trauma once.  After that, it will no longer reduce trauma again without restarting the quest.  So, use it wisely.

This dictates how fast Depression, Grief and Trama increase or decrease over time.

To be transparent in the equation:

4 weights - fwEsteem, fwTrauma, fwWill, fwSpirit (these will be applied so that they are weighted from 0 to 1, and the sum will equal 1)

4 variables from SA - selfesteem, trauma, willpower, spirit  

So, the Decay/Restore rate will diminish, or increase based on the current level of the associated variables from SA.

DecayRate (0 to 1) = (((fwEsteem * selfesteem) + (fwTrauma * trauma) + (fwWill * willpower) + (fwSpirit * spirit)) / toleranceFactor) + baseDecay --> Base decay is affected by level

Alcohol and Drugs are considered in reduction as well.  But these will be significantly reduced over time, the more the character uses them.  Also, Party Girl and Chemist will not be considered, and should be avoided as Perks since they remove the potential for addition.  Thus, I will be overriding these Perks, because to be honest, they make no sense to me.

Finally, I will be implementing HardCode/Survival type rules that do not require the Player to play survival mode.  However, survival mode is suggested.

I ❤️ all the mod authors mentioned above and everyone who take the time to play.

Modder Resources:

Spoiler

I've added the following CustomEvents for consumption now.  You can hook to these to get when something has changed:

CustomEvent OnSanityUpdate
CustomEvent OnStressUpdate
CustomEvent OnAlignmentUpdate

CustomEvent OnGriefUpdate

CustomEvent OnDepressionUpdate

CustomEvent OnTraumaUpdate

The namespace is SD:SanityFrameworkQuestScript

So to hook in you hit the form: Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0001F59A, "SD_MainFramework.esp") as quest

you can now use DamageAV and RestoreAV on the 6 Actor values:

SD_Sanity
SD_Depression

SD_Grief
SD_Trauma
SD_Stress
SD_Alignment (Not Implemented Yet)

Edited by Sthan Dust
Changes and Updates

Sounds interesting. I had some similar thoughts today. I started a new playthrough and roleplay as a female person who never experienced such a brutal world before. Entered the Kryo Pod in 21st century in a harmless world and wake up 210 years later in the wastelands. See those Radroaches for the first time and being terrified by them. And 20 minutes later killing Humans in Concord as if it wouldnt do something to a person coming from a peaceful time. If i recall correctly Nora was a Lawyer before the Nukes dropped. No way she wouldnt mentally suffer from that experience.

In my new playthrough my PC tries to stay way from any combatants and just killed 1 single raider so far. And the only reason she did it, because that raider just found her sneaking and stopped her (Hardship). Instead of just letting her go, he wanted to beat her to death. So my PC had to headshot him. I roleplay this kill that she is traumatized by that and can only sleep with alcohol for the next few days. I would really appreciate a gameplay solution and therefore looking forward to your progress.

Edited by Heinz01
2 minutes ago, Heinz01 said:

Sounds interesting. I had some similar thoughts today. I started a new playthrough and roleplay as a female person who never experienced such a brutal world before. Entered the Kryo Pod in 21st century in a harmless world and wake up 210 years later in the wastelands. See those Radroaches for the first time and being terrified by them. And 20 minutes later killing Humans in Concord as if it wouldnt do something to a person coming from a peaceful time. If i recall correctly Nora was a Lawyer before the Nukes dropped. No way she wouldnt mentally suffer from that experience.

In my new playthrough my PC tries to stay way from any combatants and just killed 1 single raider so far. And the only reason she did it, because that raider just found her sneaking and stopped her (Hardship). Instead of just letting her go, he wanted to beat her to death. So my PC had to headshot him. I roleplay this kill that she is traumatized by that and can only sleep with alcohol for the next few days. I would really appreciate a gameplay solution and therefore looking forward to your progress.

Exactly my point!  Especially when you add being raped, enslaved, impregnated or just about any other terrible thing that happens to the player in the game :)  The male PC is a war vet, so he would probably be less affected, so I intend to add that nuance.

Fantastic idea, I agree on both you and Heinz01 ideas on the mental capabilities of someone out of time, will the progression be like Sara Connor from the Terminator series? Will the debuffs and buffs start to shift, the more hardened the player evolves (levels)? 

3 minutes ago, bobbio said:

Fantastic idea, I agree on both you and Heinz01 ideas on the mental capabilities of someone out of time, will the progression be like Sara Connor from the Terminator series? Will the debuffs and buffs start to shift, the more hardened the player evolves (levels)? 

Yes, definitely!  I want it to work on new games and current games.  So I think if I lean heavily on the other mods that are capturing stats, like AAF Violate, Sex Attributes, or FPER/WLD I can scale the effects on higher level characters.  I am creating an starting quest to deal intro the player to the system.  For new players, they won't be able to understand the effects until they make it to diamond city.  So they will have odd things happen until they can speak to the doctor.

If you've played any of FO76, each mental issue will have a positive and negative effect.  It will be possible to remove an issue so you can create an "Insanity" build of sorts for your character.  Hardening will come similarly to the way Sex Attributes deals with Trauma, but that trauma is only related to being raped and such.  I want to add things beyond the sex framework in general, but a female wandering around the wasteland without a clue is going to get raped or enslaved.  I'm using the Mad Max Fury Road idea for this.  Milk and water are huge commodities, so females would be a commodity to produce milk and such (Wasteland Dairy Framework integration)

Please feel free to leave ideas here as I code.  I'm setting up the basics now, this week I plan to get at least the perks and sanity attributes available  so people can load the mod and start collecting data for players to help me test as I add new Abilities or Perks.

I will also have it on GitHub, so people can contribute with plugins.  I will have a base template for that as well.  :)

1 minute ago, jfraser said:

you're welcome! it's a little confusing because there are two sets of settings. I don't know why that is.

Yeah!  But this is great!  Now I don't need to see my ex's name everytime I log in. He's a jackass :)❤️

-- Current Mental Conditions I am considering:
    -- Phobias
    -- Multiple Personalites: I will handing this via the dialogue options.  Depending on sanity, you may have a completely different list of responses.
    -- PTSD:  Clearly, this is the first malady that all Players should have immediately.  This will be determined mainly by male or female sole survivor.  If the choosing the female, this will be much more dramatic than the male's experience.  Maternal Instincts.
    -- Sociopath:  This will be completely action and choice driven. If you just kill innocents wantonly, or enslave everyone you meet, you're probably a socialpath.
    -- Addict:  Fairly self-explanatory.  I intend to add other drugs to the game to be more realistic.
    -- Alcoholic:  Same as Addict, but with alcohol
    -- Schizophrenia:  Again, most of this will affect a players perception and dialogue.  For instance, they will see "ghost" followers that are created in the mind.  The player can see them, but they only pretend to be involved in things, sp they do no damage or affect outcomes at all.  For instance, the female sole survivor may be visited by her husband, or Shaun (Child and Adult).
    -- Dissociative Disorder:  Player is not able to have a lasting relationship, so all followers will stay clear of the player and not go on missions, other than Cait (Before her addiction is cured), or the custom Nuka World followers. (All the Nuka World Factions are crazy haha)
    -- Sex Addict: Just expanding on Sex Attributes usage of this, no need to reinvent the wheel.
    -- Narcissist: All actions that are truly self-serving will give additional XP and Benefits versus being altruistic.
    -- OCD:  This one will be fun.  I planned to have this be something like you are obsessed with certain aspects of the game.  For instance, making sure all your settlements are happy and taken care of.  Or once you've collected 1 bobblehead, you must collect them all to satisfy the urge.  This could be for any collection in game, then you would gain a perk to be alerted when you are near a collectible you do not have.

Please feel free to add things I've not considered.  Working on the base models today.

Ideas...

Sexual Harassment mod add-on...

- Bimbo... this is in the Sexual Harassment mod, but I feel it could be added to. Maybe random chances that normal conversations could lead to sex.

- Hypnosis... this is in the Sexual Harassment mod, it currently goes up to 100. I'd like it to level up even more, adding deeper subconscious levels to your brainwashing.

.............................. Sex Slave addition, of wearing a few light Devious Devices to make Nora look the part. Plus automatic chances of whoring yourself out, for your master.

.............................. Giving the money to the Hypnotist.

- Sex Addict... this is in the sexual harassment mod, but could be added to. Possibly... too much sex with certain creatures ,is melting Nora's Brain. She is starting to kind of enjoy it, if her urges are too high, and it's that certain time of the month, Nora might just be overcome with the urge to get knocked up, throwing herself at certain creatures. Could possibly be a Hypnosis outcome as well...

- Alcoholic... automatically drinking alcohol, when you see it. When you get to the highest addiction level, each level increasing the chances of taking, pick-pocketing, or

............................. stealing alcohol.

.................................... Level 1 addiction = 1% chance

.................................... Level 5 addiction = 5%

.................................... Level 10 addiction = 15%

Get caught stealing alcohol, and you get forced fed a lot of it, until you blackout. Waking up naked, stripped bare of all stuff, in a random field on the map. Needing to pay a fine, to get your stuff back. Possibly pregnant to God knows what, that may have taken advantage of your blacked out state.

- Germophobe... Nora refuses to wear the clothing and armour off the corpses she finds, only stuff with a New Tag, can be worn by her. You'd have to add a few buyable Clean Items, or New Items for her to wear. She'd prefer to run around naked, than wear a putrid, blood-soaked lump of rag, off of a 200 year old corpse, or sweaty Raider.

Sleeping... Germophobes can only sleep in clean beds, no laying down on dirty sleeping bags or mattresses. Making Survival Mode very difficult...

- Claustrophobia... Jumping in a Power Armour, will make her freak out. Jumping back out, or possibly passing out with shock. Leading to consequences of being unconscious in a monster, or bad guy infested area. Waking up naked, possibly enslaved, or pregnant, in an unfamiliar place. Violate ties in with the Raiders Pet mod, that does this., enslaving the player.

- Stressed out Settlements... losing fights, ignoring please for help from settlers, or failing settlements can stress the settlers. Leading to consequences...

Kidnapped... Jun Long, and the Raiders Pet note. Ignore it, and Jun kidnaps you in your sleep, trading your unconscious body for the kidnapped person.

Punished...... Waking up dressed in embarrassing low level, kinky Devious outfits, as the settlers punish you with various bad outcomes.

Stripped........ Settlers stripping your clothes, when you enter the stressed out settlements. Un-equips only, another mod does this, I can't remember which. If you try to take settlers items, clothes etc... in that mod, they'd rip off your clothes, leaving you naked. I liked that, but can't remember the mod its in...

Alcohol effects mod, does this blacking out after four drinks... 

Just some ideas, if you don't like them, then just ignore this post... :)

Edited by Krazyone
2 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

...Please feel free to add things I've not considered.  Working on the base models today....

As your asking. Maybe add an MCM or Holotape Option which we use as a start (so we can choose a fitting origin, like if we use the Start me up Mod (without requiring that mod). Something like:

-Nora/Nate Origin: I just awoke at Vault 111 and have witnessed my spouse being killed, my son being kidnapped and seen some dead bodies and horrifying creatures in the vault. Start with fresh and high PTSD

-Start Me up: I have grown up in the wastelands and have seen/being victim of bad things. Start with some PTSD already lived through 

-Start Me Up: I have grown up in the Wastelands but me and my parents were able to avoid bad experiences from me (like growed up in Covenant w/o ever leaving it before or something like that)

-I install this mod and use an older savegame: Choose what you have been lived through (low/high and fresh/long ago)

1 hour ago, You_Don't_Know_Me said:

Sounds cool, would the mod be compatible with "PTSD Mental Health Management System"?

PTSD Mental Health Management System at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

I will download this mod!  I haven't played with it.  But I am sure I can make it compatible since I'm starting all the coding now.  I'll add it to the TODO. :) Great suggestion!

1 hour ago, Krazyone said:

Ideas...

Sexual Harassment mod add-on...

- Bimbo... this is in the Sexual Harassment mod, but I feel it could be added to. Maybe random chances that normal conversations could lead to sex.

- Hypnosis... this is in the Sexual Harassment mod, it currently goes up to 100. I'd like it to level up even more, adding deeper subconscious levels to your brainwashing.

.............................. Sex Slave addition, of wearing a few light Devious Devices to make Nora look the part. Plus automatic chances of whoring yourself out, for your master.

.............................. Giving the money to the Hypnotist.

- Sex Addict... this is in the sexual harassment mod, but could be added to. Possibly... too much sex with certain creatures ,is melting Nora's Brain. She is starting to kind of enjoy it, if her urges are too high, and it's that certain time of the month, Nora might just be overcome with the urge to get knocked up, throwing herself at certain creatures. Could possibly be a Hypnosis outcome as well...

- Alcoholic... automatically drinking alcohol, when you see it. When you get to the highest addiction level, each level increasing the chances of taking, pick-pocketing, or

............................. stealing alcohol.

.................................... Level 1 addiction = 1% chance

.................................... Level 5 addiction = 5%

.................................... Level 10 addiction = 15%

Get caught stealing alcohol, and you get forced fed a lot of it, until you blackout. Waking up naked, stripped bare of all stuff, in a random field on the map. Needing to pay a fine, to get your stuff back. Possibly pregnant to God knows what, that may have taken advantage of your blacked out state.

- Germophobe... Nora refuses to wear the clothing and armour off the corpses she finds, only stuff with a New Tag, can be worn by her. You'd have to add a few buyable Clean Items, or New Items for her to wear. She'd prefer to run around naked, than wear a putrid, blood-soaked lump of rag, off of a 200 year old corpse, or sweaty Raider.

Sleeping... Germophobes can only sleep in clean beds, no laying down on dirty sleeping bags or mattresses. Making Survival Mode very difficult...

- Claustrophobia... Jumping in a Power Armour, will make her freak out. Jumping back out, or possibly passing out with shock. Leading to consequences of being unconscious in a monster, or bad guy infested area. Waking up naked, possibly enslaved, or pregnant, in an unfamiliar place. Violate ties in with the Raiders Pet mod, that does this., enslaving the player.

- Stressed out Settlements... losing fights, ignoring please for help from settlers, or failing settlements can stress the settlers. Leading to consequences...

Kidnapped... Jun Long, and the Raiders Pet note. Ignore it, and Jun kidnaps you in your sleep, trading your unconscious body for the kidnapped person.

Punished...... Waking up dressed in embarrassing low level, kinky Devious outfits, as the settlers punish you with various bad outcomes.

Stripped........ Settlers stripping your clothes, when you enter the stressed out settlements. Un-equips only, another mod does this, I can't remember which. If you try to take settlers items, clothes etc... in that mod, they'd rip off your clothes, leaving you naked. I liked that, but can't remember the mod its in...

Alcohol effects mod, does this blacking out after four drinks... 

Just some ideas, if you don't like them, then just ignore this post... :)

Love these ideas.  I really Like Sexual Harassment, it just takes time to configure because there are so many awesome aspects to it.  The Hypnotist has been added to WLD

To your specific points:

-- Im grabbing most of the stats for Sexual Harassment from Sex Attributes.  I love Sexual Harassment but it can be a bit much when you're actually playing the game .  So Slut and Sex Addict from from there.  Hypnosis I'll grab from Family Planning Enhanced Redux since he JUST added Hypnosis last week.

-- Alcoholic is already in the vanilla game. I'll just adjust the new drinks I am adding to be in that category

-- Germophobe:  OMG I love this!  I will totally add this.  Yes, I want to add keywords for specific things anyway, so this is not a deal.  Lots of Clean objects in the game.  As far as sleeping, I'm adopting the FO76 model on that.  If its a dirty bed, or a sleeping bag it would be considered dirty.  FO76 you catch disease by sleeping on the ground. Perfect addition to the Phobias list.  

-- Claustrophobia: We can have so much fun with this.  Especially on a new game when you are released from the Cryo or when you are put in the Cryo.  Its funny you mention power armor.  I never ever use it in any FO game.  I think its unbalancing, it sounds clunky, and its just makes the game no fun for me personally.  So Claustrophobia Power Armor it is! ❤️

-- Stress:  Wow, hadn't even considered that.  I will add that as an AV.  That makes perfect sense to augment the sanity equations.  I'm writing the equations to return a number between -1 and 1. > 0 Sane.  <0 Insane.  I am taking a few other AVs into consideration to make the equation and the Sanity will be a derived variable.

-- Blackout:  Yes, I want to do exactly what the NukaShine effect does in Fo76.  I can probably use a few of the vanilla blackout effects to accomplish this, then have them make up in a random location.  Kinda like Raider Pet does.

Wow great input!  Keep it coming.  Totally missed a few of these.

1 hour ago, Heinz01 said:

As your asking. Maybe add an MCM or Holotape Option which we use as a start (so we can choose a fitting origin, like if we use the Start me up Mod (without requiring that mod). Something like:

-Nora/Nate Origin: I just awoke at Vault 111 and have witnessed my spouse being killed, my son being kidnapped and seen some dead bodies and horrifying creatures in the vault. Start with fresh and high PTSD

-Start Me up: I have grown up in the wastelands and have seen/being victim of bad things. Start with some PTSD already lived through 

-Start Me Up: I have grown up in the Wastelands but me and my parents were able to avoid bad experiences from me (like growed up in Covenant w/o ever leaving it before or something like that)

-I install this mod and use an older savegame: Choose what you have been lived through (low/high and fresh/long ago)

I so would love to port Alternate Life from Skyrim.  I like Start Me Up, but its not the same as the Skyrim Mod.  As a matter of fact, I really want to create the ability to bypass all the main quests and start with the DLC.  When you get to Nuka World and Far Harbour, crazy is exponential.  It would be like starting in Shivering Isles in Skyrim haha. 

Here is the think with an alternate start:  Definitely bypass the story and pick a location to start.  The sanctuary start is so boring it is mind numbing.  I would also bypass the nonsense in Concord. I mean REALLY, level 1 character just starting in Power Armor takes down deathclaw?  No, that's just a big no.  So start after Sanctuary is a settlement.  Then we can just use the Workshop Framework on Nexus to unlock all workshops.  Preston is such a pain in the butt in the way he gives out quests. And seriously, why is the Sole Survivor the only person that can fix a settlement issue?  Why the hell are we setting up defenses if I need to stop in the middle of being gangbanged by Raiders to go save Tenpines Bluff?  That makes no sense to me.

**Side Note: Radiant quest system is brilliant and the reason why Elder Scrolls in general was successful.  For those who remember, the first Elder Scrolls: Arena, was basically endless random quests.

So, I love the idea of you starting the game as either Vault Dweller, or maybe you've been a raider.  Pipboy is very easy to explain because there are boxes of them in Vault 88, so if you choose raider start, you'd get a stolen pipboy.

I would love to add the option to have a NukaWorld Start (Yes I really love Nuka World ❤️ I have Nuka Girl all over my apartment) Then be one of the Pack, Disciples or Operators.  Talk about insane.  They are all insane.  Nisha being the queen of insane.

Great suggestions.  This is very much helping me lay out the object diagrams. 

❤️ Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

2 hours ago, You_Don&#x27;t_Know_Me said:

Sounds cool, would the mod be compatible with "PTSD Mental Health Management System"?

PTSD Mental Health Management System at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Asked Mod Author to include this in my mod.  He's done a fantastic job with some of the effects I would want.  Thank you for the suggestion!

7 minutes ago, fatmancupcake said:

This sounds like quite the commitment, but god damn does it sound cool!
I will be excited to watch carefully how this project goes!

❤️  I used to be a coder fulltime, but when you get to management, they don't let you code anymore.  So this is my "therapy" :)  

I am definitely committed, because I'm going to be honest, I don't have much hope for the Fallout series until things get straight with FO76.  Believe it or not there are more bugs in FO76 than I ever encountered in FO4 or Skyrim combined.  However, I am also hopeful that they will keep good on their promise to allow modding on Private Worlds, so most of these things should port over if they keep the same Engine.  Which I'm 90% sure is CK 3.0, with a splash of Unity.

Also, Repository will be open this week, so you can either help code, or just dump suggestions in the forum there.  All input is welcome and will be considered in the roadmap.

Question:  Phobias

In y'alls opinion, should this be strictly encounter based?  Here is my thought:

-- Arachnophobia: trigged by being attached my most of the larger bugs, like RadScorpions.  Why are there no spiders in Fallout 4?  Hmm, we may need to bring in the spiders from Skyrim.

-- Nyctophobia:  Too many bad things happening at night?  I would have to incorporate something like Dangerous nights as well in this (Which I love so much)

-- Germaphobia:  Could be triggered by regular vanilla diseases and the FPER STDs.

Just a few examples.  Thoughts?

Edited by Sthan Dust
54 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

Cthulhu approves.   

Maybe Cthulhu type insanity - thinking that mirelurk kings might be Deep Ones come to ravish the womenfolk of Innsmou....er, I mean all of Massachusetts. 

"It found me"   ?

Lol, Yes. I actually have the Cthulhu Mythos 7th Edition RPG book here.  I also just got the Fallout Table Top RPG today.  Both talk about Sanity.

Mirelurk Kings are definitely the deep ones. And I love whoever did the AAF animations for them.  Very much what we would expect from a deep one encounter.

And you read my mind.  So one of the quests I have written the story for is in Far Harbour.  After the main quest is finished in FH, then we start a new quest where we introduce the tentacles from the deep. Random NPCs are going missing from Far Harbour then coming back "odd". 

We just need some tentacle meshes and some animations.  Might be able to snag the meshes from FO76, Lucky Hole Mine, Cthulhu :)

Awesome Idea!

For context The Interloper | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

Edited by Sthan Dust

So I think I need to think thru the new game versus existing game.  There is so much that happens in the first part of the game what would really shape sanity.

I would hate people having to start a new game to enjoy.  So I am looking thru the Misc Stats for Fallout to see what key things I can get from that.  Clearly I won't find, "First time I saw a DeathClaw", but things like that would be significant inputs to the Sanity equation.  I mean, if I saw a huge deathclaw "Penis included" I doubt the character would do anything but just stand there.  So I've been thinking of this "Awe/Terror" factor.  This means I would have to rate all creatures with a terror factor.

So thoughts on ordering?  My thoughts from max magnitude of terror to least: (Trying to stick to what has already been established as race groups in other mods):

-- Max Magnitude of Terror: Deathclaw, Mirelurk Queen, Behemoth, Fog Crawler, Death's Head Radscorp, etc.
-- High level Terror: Ghouls [ All permutations ], Large bugs [Mirelurks, Bloodbugs, Anglers, Gulpers, etc..], Super Muties

-- Mid Level Terror: Raiders and all permutations (gunners, nuka world factions, etc..)

-- Low Level Terror: Humans [haha], smaller bugs (Radroaches still make my skin crawl), feral/rabid dogs, etc...

Good ordering?  I would apply a multiple for each controllable thru MCM.

Sanguinaire is a pretty cool vampire mod done in the vein (heh) of Vampire: The Masquerade and similar settings.  I only bring this up because one of the clans players can join afflicts them with varying degrees of insanity, mainly different psychoses.  I haven't looked into it much because it plays hard into a dark fantasy style and is a little more... intense than I was comfortable playing for any real length of time, but what I have seen has very good sound design and people that have played that area of the content say the bits I didn't get a chance to see are very well done.  Depending on how you intend to take this, it might be worth taking a look at how those guys did things.  Even if you don't want to go as dark as they did with their simulation of shattered mental health, it might give you some ideas on what you can drop in for your own mod's symptoms.  If nothing else, maybe looking into how they handled their "hallucinations" and things.

Where would you put Synths?  High level?  Like it makes sense but something about the synths always struck me as well creepy, probably the way they talk when searching for you or fighting.  Ghouls just growl and snarl, they don't try to be your friend while they're breaking your arms for the batteries in your pocket.  Maybe uncanny valley plays a role in it?  I dunno.

14 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

So I think I need to think thru the new game versus existing game.  There is so much that happens in the first part of the game what would really shape sanity.

I would hate people having to start a new game to enjoy.  So I am looking thru the Misc Stats for Fallout to see what key things I can get from that.  Clearly I won't find, "First time I saw a DeathClaw", but things like that would be significant inputs to the Sanity equation.  I mean, if I saw a huge deathclaw "Penis included" I doubt the character would do anything but just stand there.  So I've been thinking of this "Awe/Terror" factor.  This means I would have to rate all creatures with a terror factor.

So thoughts on ordering?  My thoughts from max magnitude of terror to least: (Trying to stick to what has already been established as race groups in other mods):

-- Max Magnitude of Terror: Deathclaw, Mirelurk Queen, Behemoth, Fog Crawler, Death's Head Radscorp, etc.
-- High level Terror: Ghouls [ All permutations ], Large bugs [Mirelurks, Bloodbugs, Anglers, Gulpers, etc..], Super Muties

-- Mid Level Terror: Raiders and all permutations (gunners, nuka world factions, etc..)

-- Low Level Terror: Humans [haha], smaller bugs (Radroaches still make my skin crawl), feral/rabid dogs, etc...

Good ordering?  I would apply a multiple for each controllable thru MCM.

For a New Game/load up, you could copy/use the Dominating/Submissive stat from Attributes. If you copy, have the player pick their "starting sanity", could also be influenced by how Dominating/Submissive the player is???

As for horror, maybe 1-5 instead of 1-4?

1/Low would be Normal things: Humans/Raiders, Dogs, Robots(would be normal to THEM). To the players (most) robots are scary but objectively normal, and raiders are still just people. Scary people but people.

2: Radroaches, bloat flies, giant ants, and such: creepy, but not automatic nightmare fuel. For most people, maybe a perk to give the player a phobia to bump these up a level under the right conditions?

3: Super Mutants, Gen 1-2 Synths (Terminator vibes); these things are actually scary

4: Ghouls (zombie movies), Most versions of Mirelurks, Anglers, Gulpers, Rad Scorpions, etc; basically anything that looks like it could be THE monster in a horror movie

5/Max: Deathclaws, Mirelurk Queens, Fog Crawler, those giant Hermit Crabs, basically anything that is BIG!!!!

I mainly didn't like that Super Mutants were so high, and that Raiders were a 2 instead of a 1. But this is your mod! You do you.