4 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

❤️

To your other question, I'd like to add FOMOD support, since I am building my releases on Github to ensure I don't screw up the archives ;)

Do you have a good tutorial on that tool?  

Not me but CG over at the AAF Discord can probably link you some. He's the one that made the fomod for ROR and the ZaZOut Repack.

Update:

New release 1.23a coming Monday February 7th:

This may require a clean save because I've changed the behaviour of all the Globals to be Actor Values. This keeps things clean for DamageAV and RestoreAV without having a bunch of scripts to track. This also allows the ability to allow NPCs to go insane.  I appreciate you all being so patient. To be honest, Skyrim is so much easier to mod in many respects, but I think I'm good now :) I am trying to do a few things differently with this release to make future releases seamless.  I will be keeping all releases on my GitHub.  But the two most recent I'll keep on LL to avoid confusion.  I am trying to remove all hard dependencies.  Sex Attributes is no longer a hard dependency, but highly recommended as explained below.  I did reduce script size and load by about 50% with this release.  I don't see the need to check attributes more than once per game hour. And not on the hour. Its a random hour start.

I highly recommend that if you feel passionate about additions/suggestions for the mod, that you put them on my Issue Board. It is open to the public, and all the documentation will be updated there.  Also, I have my project board so you can see my release schedule.  That way your suggestions, or issues, won't get lost in the thread.

Overview:

• All attributes have been moved to Actor Values: Sanity, Depression, Grief, Trauma, Alignment and Stress.  Currently they only apply to the Player, but I will be adding them to the NPCs in a future release.
  • Perks: I hate the way that FO4 did the Perk Books, vs the Skill books in Skyrim.  Perk books for the Sanity Framework should be read after pickup to understand the Perk and its purpose.  You still get the perk if you don't read it, however, the books are your clues.  You may find things that do nothing if you use them unless you have the perk.  I won't tell you, or give you cheats.  But if you use something and it doesn't do anything, you need a perk :)
  • Medications: I have added medication for a variety of things. They will be craftable at some point, but for now, I have them stashed in various locations.
  • Story: I have added quite a bit of clues, and story to the game.  NPCs are coming, but that will be much later once you understand the nature of your mind.  Not every clue has a purpose overtly, but they all add to the story.  When the first quest comes, you'll thank me later.
  • Weapons: I added two weapons that will allow you to harness your "illness".  But they come with pros and cons.  However, it will make life in the wasteland a little more enjoyable.
  • FoMod Support:  I am testing an FOMOD install. (I use Vortex so I let it do its black magic which seems to be spot on for me.) I am not familiar with the inner workings of FOMOD, so I must test a few times. I'll post two versions, one with FOMOD and one without, just in case.  I ensure that I don't have conflicts with other mods.  And other than the Sex Attributes load order, see below, it really shouldn't matter where I am in load order.  Everything is calculated on game hour, so it should fix itself after a full cycle.  When in doubt, wait it out!
  • Locations: I plan to add a lot of new locations.  I cannot be sure that I have not conflicted with every mod, however, I do an ESP cleaning before release for all the mods I have installed (See Recommended Mods on the main page).  Most locations I add will be in previously abandoned or inaccessible areas.
    • Rabbit Hole: You've been here, or have you?  This space will change over time.  I have been mindful that you may save in Rabbit Hole and come back.  I suggest you always save outside Rabbit Hole; in case I happen to add something that collides with the Player.
    • 221b: A new location you'll have to find.  It will be available in the Valentine's Day release.  But you can start looking for where it might be now, since you'll get clues to its location in this release.
  • Clean Up: I was able to reduce the scripts dramatically.  All "ambient thoughts" are now in Player Dialogue Topic Infos.  This has made life so much easier since you will talk to yourself more as time goes on.  No more Debug Messages for conveying essential information.  Each line has a LIP file to ensure you get time to see it.   Debugging will be available for debugging but is not needed any longer to enjoy the mod.
  • Integrations: Sex Attributes now will add to your base decay/restore rates.  Willpower, self-esteem, spirit, and SA: Trauma are considered once per hour and will adjust your ability to regain or lose the other attributes.  It also is considered for the effectiveness of chems and alcohol when taken to reduce stress, depression, and grief.  Two integrations I am working on for next release: (These will NOT be hard dependencies.  My mod will see if they are there and use them accordingly.)
    • AAF Violate will be considered for combat rape.  As an aside, I am using the UAP tags from @Ulfberto since the tags in the original files are not consistent.  His patches (thank you!) make life easier. I also intent to release a modder's resource app that will read all the AAF XML and provide a list of all known tags for each animation pack.  This is just to make it easier for modders to know what animation packs will provide which tags and allow you to decide which combination of tags you want to pay attention to.  Aggressive doesn't always mean non-consensual.  I will post my recommended packs once I spend some time with the animations themselves.
    • Family Planning Enhanced & Wasteland Dairy Framework: @Invictusblade Is going to provide a method to monitor pregnancy, impregnation, childbirth/death so I can have it affect your character.  I also intend to allow your offspring to inherit maladies from the Player depending on what things are active at the time.  I will also detect whether you are using FPER from Ego or from Blade, since they fork from the same base code.
  • Known Issues: These are things I cannot get past, but only manifest when you try to use other things.
    • ESP Explorer is NOT supported.  I do love this mod, but it messes with a lot of things, such as Game Timers, Containers, etc.  I have tested this theory extensively, and without writing a patch to check for it, it will cause things to break.  I am not willing to mess with that, because it's not essential to play the game.  All base items I add are prefixed with SD_.  A simple Help call will show you the IDs for you to add on your own.  Cheater! ❤️
    • Actor Values: Previously, and stupidly, I was using the ModAV to damage Sanity and Stress.  I have removed this from the latest version, and I wrote a simple patch to fix this when you upgrade, but it may not catch everything.  The mod should prompt you to save and reload if it sees a version change.  It is highly recommended that you save (Not quick save) and reload.  This purges the globals I've removed and forces the scripts to reset.  For some reason, even when you delete globals and Functions from the code, they are somehow saved in memory until the stop and start quest are run, but I've found you also need to save and reload.  Ah, CK, you kill me.
    • Load Order: While it's not always a problem, Sex Attributes should load before my mod. (It does not break anything, just may cause weirdness for the first game hour) Not because of conflicts, but because the initial values may be null when you first start my mod if SA hasn't loaded.  It is recalculated every Game Hour.  I highly recommend you do not change the length of a day while playing my mod, or any mod that relies on game hour.  It can seriously screw up the scripts.  I always use the default game hour as designed.
    • Settlements: An unintended consequence of placing new items in settlements is that they can get scrapped, or they may respawn in mid-air if a table or container has been removed.  This was an odd issue in Red Rocket since I have Scrap Everything enabled.  I will fix this issue and ensure that all items are in non-scrapable locations.  Havoc settles happen after you've touched something floating in mid-air.  So, I may move things slightly to avoid this.
  • Future Plans: As I become more familiar with the Fallout CK, I feel better expressing my desires for the future.  I do not foresee me abandoning Fallout 4 anytime soon, since we're looking at another 2 to 3 years before we have another Fallout game -- 76 doesn't count because the story is very weak, and it's a prequel.  I have taken some of that lore and ideas and I am incorporating them in my mod:
    • Planned Locations: I feel good about being able to create a whole new region in Fallout, like Nuka World and Far Harbor.  I plan to add a smaller region to the south of Vault 81, beyond the border.  It's not very difficult coding wise, it's more laying out a terrain, and populating it.  I plan to duplicate and adjust.  This is a Long-term project, so we're looking at a few months or more.  Feel free to PM me if you'd like to assist!  I keep all my code on GitHub.  So, feel free to Fork or Branch as needed.  But in addition to that, in the immediate future:
      • Vault 89: Failed Cryogenics Vault, like 111.  North of Far Harbor in New Hampshire.
      • The Asylum: A new player settlement which is primarily meant for the less sane settlers of the wasteland.  Once implemented, Settlers will only arrive if they have a mental malady. They will feel compelled to see this settlement out. 
      • Further Down the Rabbit Hole: Every time you go to Rabbit Hole, it will have something new and different.  Certain things will respawn, some will not.  There's a reason we call it the Rabbit Hole.
    • Quests: As I mentioned, there will be Episodic Quests starting with the VDay release.  I have about 6 Quests planned at this time.  Each quest will lead you further down the rabbit hole.  Will you be cured, or become happy with your fractured mind? Who's to say if any of this is real?
    • NPCs: I am working on new unique NPCs, but they won't be like other NPCs.  I plan 8 major NPCs to interact with, and a companion.  I will release details as I get closer to implementing them.
    • Cait the God Botherer?  I Think Not:  @vaultbait Had an excellent Idea for making Cait relapse.  We've found the variables and conditions to revert her. But it will happen as a part of her sanity breaking.  She will relapse after Vault 95.  There will be a proper quest for this.  Additionally, she won't be able to return to Vault 95 to be cured, as that device is disabled after the quest.  Yes, we could reactivate, but why would we do such a silly thing?  Cait is much more fun when she's high as a kite and being bonkers, rather than talking rubbish every time I use Jet to take out a mob. ❤️

Final Thought: Changes to the Player's attributes are subtle by design.  Hence there are no sliders to adjust or manipulate.  As new integrations are added, they are weighted and considered in the base equations.  Sanity is a very fragile thing, and I wouldn't want people to go insane too fast. It should be a slow painful process.  There WILL be a point of no return for a player once they get to a certain level of insanity, depravity, and general malaise.  This is by design as well.  Not all endings are happy.  Sometimes, death would be a better option.  And, speaking of death, suicidal thoughts may occur.  And in such cases, you may have to stop your PC from killing themselves or others.  This is one of the main reasons I'm using AAF, because I will have custom animations for these events.  I don't need to add more sex to the game, because I think the rest of the community has done that rather well.  This mod is about cause and effect -- the consequences of your actions.  (Hmm.  They used to have a Karma system in FO.  Pity they got rid of it.  Or did they?)

Thank you for your interest in the Sanity Framework.  Everyone has been very thoughtful and helpful.  Just bear with me as I work out the kinks :)

(this was longer than I intended it to be)

❤️

Edited by Sthan Dust
GitHub Link
18 minutes ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

I've been in-and-out of this topic so many times today!  Is this some Kojima-level meta trickery, playing with all our emotions?  I'm so eager!

Haha I would never do that ;)

Just finishing up the last unit tests to make sure everything is functioning correctly, and removing extraneous debug messages etc.  Should be more than another hour or so :)

On 2/4/2022 at 7:26 PM, Saya Scarlett said:

Hey SD, giving this a test ride so i can personally recommend it in The Fucking Manual.

One recommendation though, (i don't know where exactly this is setup but possibly the fomod meta.ini or something) have it be named as Sanity Framework Beta v# for ours and everyone else's sanity's sake (funny, considering what the mod is about but you know).

As it stands, when installing (In MO2 at least), you get SD_MainFramework and no other options other than renaming it yourself while doing so.

The new version is live (Versioned the Zip for now, still working through the mysteries of FOMOD)

Hope you enjoy it :)

I love the writing and suspense I'm feeling as I work my way through this.  However, I am in the gallery, looking for Alex's contribution to the story and... I swear, I must've scoured that place five times now.  There's nothing there.  Does it make a difference that, before I picked up the notes in the Rabbit Hole, I had already cleared out that gallery?  This includes the hidden safe, also.

1 hour ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

I love the writing and suspense I'm feeling as I work my way through this.  However, I am in the gallery, looking for Alex's contribution to the story and... I swear, I must've scoured that place five times now.  There's nothing there.  Does it make a difference that, before I picked up the notes in the Rabbit Hole, I had already cleared out that gallery?  This includes the hidden safe, also.

Thank you :)

Did you see the note outside the gallery?  That was your next clue of where you'll need to go.  I am working on that release now, with about 30 more books, and a special surprise from Alex :) 

You found the clue to fast hahah! :)  

And it doesn't matter if you cleared it.  

My woes are CK is so persnickety.  but I'm committed to breaking things up in a way that it would be really more work to use XEdit or CK to find out what's going on.  For instance, book numbers mean nothing :)

I'm glad you are enjoying it.  It is meant to make you wonder and keep you coming back for more :)

I've decided to release a minor enhancement patch, most likely Thursday. 1.24a I've had some excellent feedback on the direction of the mod.  

I already have thirty clues ready to release, as well as lengthier books stories.  I have to check myself against lore to ensure I don't become lore unfriendly.  Being an FO loreist (sp?) I would hate myself ❤️

Also, for the next major release, I have a bunch of new "Mental Triggers" I am adding as well.  v 1.25 should be available on Monday, if all goes well this weekend :)

Thank you again for the support and interest! 

***Dust Corp, LLC. **********************
Welcome to Dust Corp!  
Greetings! You have accessed a Dust Corp Terminal!  We thank you for your interest, but this system

is restricted access.  If you are not a Dust Corp Employee, or the only employee, you should disconnect

now before countermeasures are deployed.  Have a nice day! <3:

[Say "Hello" in an amusing manner] <<--
[Hack the System]
[Exit and Run Far Away]

1 hour ago, Celedhring said:

Is the release the Valentine's Day release or the pre Valentine's Day release?  Perverse minds want to know.

This is pre-valentines :) I will have a release this week, as well as V-Tines. :) I have a busy few days ahead of me :)

13 hours ago, Vuulgar said:

Check out The Will of Atom, its a great mod on its own but could be even better tied in with what you are doing here imo.

I had not tried that.  It looks awesome. But I have plans for Far Harbor. So I will certainly look at that when I get to that part of the story.  

I play the game and decide where I am going to insert new content.  This is why I made it the way I did.  I loved Far Harbor, so that will be before Nuka World, which I have many things planned for. 

❤️

***Dust Corp, LLC. **********************
Welcome to Dust Corp!  
Greetings! You have accessed a Dust Corp Terminal!  We thank you for your interest, but this system

is restricted access.  If you are not a Dust Corp Employee, or the only employee, you should disconnect

now before countermeasures are deployed.  Have a nice day! <3:

Menu:
[Make a suggestion] <<--
[Passively explore]

[Exit and Run Away]

47 minutes ago, Sthan Dust said:

I had not tried that.  It looks awesome. But I have plans for Far Harbor. So I will certainly look at that when I get to that part of the story.  

I play the game and decide where I am going to insert new content.  This is why I made it the way I did.  I loved Far Harbor, so that will be before Nuka World, which I have many things planned for. 

❤️

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Far Harbor has that Shadow over Innsmouth vibe?   Ominous fog shrouded island with a decrepeit harbor with *cough* fishy looking folk?   Naaah.  

Edited by Celedhring
18 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Far Harbor has that Shadow over Innsmouth vibe?   Ominous fog shrouded island with a decrepeit harbor with *cough* fishy looking folk?   Naaah.  

No, I LOVE this idea.  Like the quest through the mist.  Skyrim had many "Ghost quests."  And I love Shadow over Innsmouth!  And you are so right.  I was thinking about your idea today, I can use that NPC to implement it.  So, I am implementing a Multiple Personality Disorder that will work with this.  I want the player to see the "ghost" and follow to clues.  Because I am very opposed to Quest Markerss.

This is your idea :)  and I love it!

Edited by Sthan Dust

Installed your mod a couple days ago. Great ideas so far. I had a thought playing with Wasteland Offspring. It creates pregnant NPCs. I don't know about you, but I would find shooting a pregnant person irl very stressful. Might even drive someone like Nora of the deep end after losing her baby.

Also, I tend to have trouble sleeping when I am stressed out. Maybe a mechanic to limit sleep when you get too stressed.

Thank you for the mod ?

8 hours ago, Sthan Dust said:

❤️

So far nothing to do with Far Harbor but that may be future plans, so far its just Glowing Sea and a companion. I believe both you and Will of Atom may be thinking along the same types of story. The voice acting on the companion is impressive as a side note.

2 hours ago, rar1492 said:

Installed your mod a couple days ago. Great ideas so far. I had a thought playing with Wasteland Offspring. It creates pregnant NPCs. I don't know about you, but I would find shooting a pregnant person irl very stressful. Might even drive someone like Nora of the deep end after losing her baby.

Also, I tend to have trouble sleeping when I am stressed out. Maybe a mechanic to limit sleep when you get too stressed.

Thank you for the mod ?

This is a great suggestion!  I am working with @Invictusblade on integrations for pregnancy, miscarriage, etc.  This could certainly tie in the same way he accounts for radiation  with the pregnancy. :)