SexLab Aroused Modular Edition

SexLab Aroused Modular Edition

View File

This mod is a BETA version. I consider the current version pretty stable alhough you should probably still create a backup for your save as I cannot test all mod possible combinations myself.

I just wanted to edit a few things and ended up rewriting the whole mod...

This mod is a complete rewrite of Sexlab Aroused (SLAX) with the goal of to create a better, more comprehensible and customizable version of this mod. SLAX by Lupine00 with edits by Tenri and has full backwards compatibility.

Major Features

• Better Performance - Large part of the calculations have been moved from papyrus script to a newly created SKSE plugin, which allows for
  • More realistic calculation - By default the settings are not going to create nymphomaniac characters all over the place (Although can turn this on in the settings)
  • Understandable arousal effects - In the MCM menu you can see all factors that influence a characters arousal including a description why this effect appears.
  • Fully customizable - Every arousal effect has lots of customization options. This mod also includes an option to save and load your settings between different game saves.

The original mod had a limited number of effects that can influence arousal. Other mods have to edit these limited effects to change arousal. For example the DD mod could change the exposure value of a character, but at the same time other mods like MME or STA could change this value as well and you as a player can't really comprehend what is happening. My mod tries to improve by introducting dynamic arousal effects.

Aroused Effects

The arousal of a character is equal to the sum of all arousal effects. Other mods and plugins can apply these effects. Every effect can have a function attached as an option that change the value over timer, for example reduce effect by 50% every hour. The whole calculations is written in C++ and optimized for best performance.

At the moment my mod has the following effects built-in (with all number being customizable):

Naked Exposure
Increases arousal for seeing naked character up to 50 (15 if not preferred gender).

Sex

Having Sex or seeing other people having sex increases arousal.

Satisfaction
Reduces arousal after orgasm -(50 + enjoyment), decays fast.

Exhaustion

Reduces arousal after each sexlab scene

Timed
Increases arousal after some time without orgasm. Can be compared to the timed effect of the original mod. By default this works on a cycle which increases arousal every few hours by a higher value. (This effects also accounts for DDs Belt and Plug modifier)

Trauma
Decreases arousal after rape (except for very lewd characters)

(Incomplete; see ingame for full effect list)

For Modders

Static vs dynamic effects

For performance reasons there are static and dynamic effects. Static effects were designed with performance in mind. They require a plugin quest script, but offer even more advanced options than dynamic effects. Since Static effects are present on every character, so they should be used for very common effects.

Dynamic effects are slow when changed often, but otherwise offer similair good performance and are way easier to implement.

How to add a dynamic effect:

Spoiler

The following adds 50 arousal to the actor "who" decaying by 50% every hour:

int handle = ModEvent.Create("slaSetArousalEffect")
            ModEvent.PushForm(handle, who) ; The affected actor
            ModEvent.PushString(handle, "DDTeasing") ; Internal identifycation 
            ModEvent.PushFloat(handle, 50.0) ; initial value
            ModEvent.PushInt(handle, 1) ; timed function to use 1=decay by 50% every X days
            ModEvent.PushFloat(handle, 1.0 / 24.0) ; parameter X of timed function
            ModEvent.PushFloat(handle, 0.0) ; stop function at
            ModEvent.Send(handle)

As a reference for the static effects look at the sla_XXpluginc.psc files.

Features

• Completly rewritten arousal model allowing more customizable effects
  • Better Performance since all calculations are done in C++ plugin
  • Inluding full sourcecode for the SKSE Plugin (this should be default but unfortunately isn't)
  • Updated sexlab integration to current version
  • More advanced
  • Removed a lot of depricated code A LOT

Requirements

•  Sexlab v162

Soft (optional) Dependencies

• Devious Devices
  • MME

Installation-Notes

• Install like any other mod
  • As of right now you have to enable both files SexLabAroused.esm and SexLabAroused Plugins.esp
  • This mod should override /scripts/MME_SLA.pex when using Milk Mod Economy

Development To-Do

• Add more mcm options for built-in arousal effects
  • Add more soft-dependencies for other mods
  • Implement saving/loading config values from json file

I am open to suggestions to make my mod suitable for as many players as possible. So please tell what you want to see in this mod. I also want this mod to support the current version of all popular mods here on LL. If something doesn't work also tell me.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/20/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sexlab v1.62
  • Special Edition Compatible

6 minutes ago, Voodooh said:

My mod tries to improve by introducting dynamic arousal effects.

7 minutes ago, Voodooh said:

I am open to suggestions to make my mod suitable for as many players as possible.

8 minutes ago, Voodooh said:

and you as a player can't really comprehend what is happening.

Greater Good by JoPereira on DeviantArtThat looks promising =D

2 hours ago, Voodooh said:

Orgasms
Greatly reduces arousal after orgasm -(100 + enjoyment), decays fast.

That's not how actually horny women work or even young men of relative fitness level and sex drive work. Not even kind of. Not even a little bit, so unless your mod is only for gay 60-70 year old men, yeah...

An "exhaustion/satisfaction refraction" value would be accurate with orgasm accretion probably set with a randomizer for "orgasm strength" and relative engagement level modifier based on sexlab stats and experience level if you feel like getting complicated.

Orgasmic hyper-sensitivity goes away after literal seconds unless something is wrong.

Thx this looks very useful. I totally agree the management of arousal in the original mod is quite complex. 

Questions: 

It seems like the player will have an 'original' arousal level, and most effects can change the arousal directly and then have an unique decay time to get the arousal back to the original level? Will the effect end only when it fully decay? 

If the effect doesn't have decaying it will change the 'original' arousal level?

I feel in this system it's not necessary to set the arousal value range 0-100. But this might be hard to be compatible with other mods? 

Looking forward to this, however knowing the status of SLSO compatibility would be appreciated (You have it as based on SLAX which did have it built in, but I wanna be sure before fiddling with it).

(Also be overjoyed if this version of SLA finally gave the option to disable the arousal popups)

4 hours ago, 27X said:

That's not how actually horny women work or even young men of relative fitness level and sex drive work. Not even kind of. Not even a little bit, so unless your mod is only for gay 60-70 year old men, yeah...

An "exhaustion/satisfaction refraction" value would be accurate with orgasm accretion probably set with a randomizer for "orgasm strength" and relative engagement level modifier based on sexlab stats and experience level if you feel like getting complicated.

Orgasmic hyper-sensitivity goes away after literal seconds unless something is wrong.

This is already the case in the mod OP is extending/replacing though, orgasm = exposure and time rate drop to zero

On 10/20/2020 at 8:41 PM, dje34 said:

Interesting ideas. Keep going.

EDIT - Keep in mind the more dependencies your mod has the less players will use it, which could be a problem for a mod designed to be a strong dependency for a lot of other mods.

So far I designed all dependencies as soft dependencies, the only hard dependency will be Sexlab. Also shoutout to Monoman1 since I am using his soft dependency implementation

23 hours ago, Durante said:

What's the "SexlabAroused Plugins.esp" ? Is it for modders?

As of right now you need both the SexLabAroused.esm and the .esp file. Esp files are just more easy to edit. Later in development when am mostly done adding new features I am going to merge these two files into one again.

22 hours ago, 27X said:

This effect is supposed to represent the "dischange" of sexual tension after orgasm, so I will probably scale down this effect and rename it to satisfaction or something to make this more clear. Also good idea to increase arousal based on sexlab stats/experience level.

23 hours ago, ks374 said:

Thx this looks very useful. I totally agree the management of arousal in the original mod is quite complex. 

Questions: 

It seems like the player will have an 'original' arousal level, and most effects can change the arousal directly and then have an unique decay time to get the arousal back to the original level? Will the effect end only when it fully decay? 

If the effect doesn't have decaying it will change the 'original' arousal level?

I feel in this system it's not necessary to set the arousal value range 0-100. But this might be hard to be compatible with other mods? 

Your 'original' arousal level is 0 all arousal comes from effects. Every plugin or other mod can change or end any effects at any time. By default an effect ends when the decay reaches zero. When you add an effect that increases over time you can set an upper limit. In this case the effect doesn't stop even when the limit is reached.

And yes for compatibility reasons the final arousal value will always be between 0-100.

22 hours ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

Looking forward to this, however knowing the status of SLSO compatibility would be appreciated (You have it as based on SLAX which did have it built in, but I wanna be sure before fiddling with it).

(Also be overjoyed if this version of SLA finally gave the option to disable the arousal popups)

I already added some SLSO support but did not test it so far. In the next version I'll probably support it and also add an option to disable popups.

19 hours ago, DayTri said:

This is already the case in the mod OP is extending/replacing though, orgasm = exposure and time rate drop to zero

This is also already in my version. With the next update I am going add a few missing notes in the description.

On 10/21/2020 at 5:57 PM, Voodooh said:

As of right now you need both the SexLabAroused.esm and the .esp file. Esp files are just more easy to edit. Later in development when am mostly done adding new features I am going to merge these two files into one again.

You know, with Wyre Bash you can just right click the esp and turn it into an ESM quickly. So you can keep editing the same esp file, and just turn it into esm when you need to test it or distribute it.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:54 PM, 27X said:

The breadth and depth of your imaginary expertise knows no bounds does it? ? ??

13 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Do you plan to release this for Skyrim SE later, too? Or did someone already test it with SE?

Right now I don't use Skyrim SE, but when I am done adding all the features I want, I am going to create a SE port.

On 10/23/2020 at 12:45 PM, Yukitemi said:

Can this thingy disable automatic masturbation? Never figured how to do that :(

No auto masturbation in the original SLAR/SLAX mods.  You'll have to figure out what other mod (or mods) you have that add that and disable it in their MCM's (if possible).

On 10/23/2020 at 2:45 PM, Yukitemi said:

Can this thingy disable automatic masturbation? Never figured how to do that :(

Sounds like maybe spectator crowds or a random sex animation mod.

-------------

Edit @Voodooh: Also an idea 'randomized arousal' for people you haven't talked to in awhile (or never have), feels weird that 99% of the npcs encountered are just 0 when you meet them (def feels like one of those weird immersion breaking "oh yeah the whole world revolves around my char interacting with these people.." lol).

On 10/24/2020 at 2:11 AM, Ruffled Pigeon said:

Are the C++ sources up to date? Might give compiling it against skse64 a shot.

I just uploaded a new version. The source files can be found in src latest.zip or src 0.3.zip (both are the same right now)

11 hours ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

Sounds like maybe spectator crowds or a random sex animation mod.

-------------

Edit @Voodooh: Also an idea 'randomized arousal' for people you haven't talked to in awhile (or never have), feels weird that 99% of the npcs encountered are just 0 when you meet them (def feels like one of those weird immersion breaking "oh yeah the whole world revolves around my char interacting with these people.." lol).

Just added this^^

10 minutes ago, MikeTM said:

Sorry, Voodooh, but Get/Set(Explosion(Rate)) functions  they are often used in other mods(DD4. x, DD5Beta, Shout Like a Virgin, SD+). If you simply disable these and other old features, it can create problems for using your interesting mod.

I designed my changes with backwards compatibility in mind. I even wrote in the description that I want to be compatible with all popular mods. Atm it's at the very end of the description so next time when I edit it I'll make it more clear that my mod is fully compatable.

It obviously doesn't make sense for a "framework" mod like SLA to break compatibility since it doesn't provide much content on its own. I got rid of a lot of unused feature but function like Get/SetExposure will stay.

22 minutes ago, indolu said:

So my questions is will other mods already designed for Sexlab arousal have to update to take advantage of this ones features, or does it automatically do it for them?

Since the new effects offer much more options than the old SLA, you'll have to upgrade to take advantage of the new features. There is still the old interface so non-upgraded mods will still work.

I am also adding plugins for popular mods that will include compatibility for the new features with these mod right away.

Are the included translation files possibly not up to date? I'm using the english version, and none of the newly added MCM options show up with their proper names and texts, only the string name shows. They aren't referenced in the english translation file either. The options that were present before are fine.