SexLab Aroused Modular Edition

On 3/15/2021 at 9:34 PM, DayTri said:

Here are patched scripts to make the DD orgasm work. You will need to compile them yourself.

This is a superficial fix to the problem, but it will work.

slaconfigscr.psc 58.55 kB · 9 downloads sla_defaultplugin.psc 9 kB · 9 downloads

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to give already compiled scripts while we wait for a more official workaround? (by PM if you don't want to put it out there)

I'm having the same troubles with DDs but my modding knowledge (aka bodyslide and outfit studio-ing things+X/ZEdit patches and modifications) does *not* include compiling scripts.

I'd be grateful!

8 hours ago, Clockwinding said:

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to give already compiled scripts while we wait for a more official workaround? (by PM if you don't want to put it out there)

I'm having the same troubles with DDs but my modding knowledge (aka bodyslide and outfit studio-ing things+X/ZEdit patches and modifications) does *not* include compiling scripts.

I'd be grateful!

IMO using outfit studio sounds much harder than compiling scripts, it's just open creationkit > open script > save script

But sure some time this weekend I will share

4 hours ago, DayTri said:

it's just open creationkit > open script > save script

Only works if you've got all the dependencies for the script. I've run into scripts with soft requirements where I had to install things i had no intention of using just to compile. I'll admit, since aroused is a 'base' mod, that shouldn't apply here. Just wanted to say it's not always that easy.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:41 AM, Clockwinding said:

Hello,

I'd be grateful!

OK here you go. I actually had to reinstall the mod and recompile these myself, I did test them the first time so it should still work, but let me know if it works for you, maybe I missed something. I didn't test them today after reinstalling and recompiling.

PS I think this requires the 0.51 patch VooDooh posted in the thread. Install 0.5, then 0.51, then these scripts.

The slaconfigscr script might not be necessary, but it should actually fix a bug in the original MCM somewhere (I don't know where). I needed to fix the bug in order to compile the sla_defaultplugin.pex

I think these scripts make DD a hard dependency, so do not use if not using DD.

sla_defaultplugin.pex slaconfigscr.pex

Im Trying to understand the female satisfaction rate, but no matter how I configure it the satisfaction is still similar to the males.

The way it appears the female satisfaction is supposed to be = female rate ( base + enjoyment rate)   Is that right? So if set to 0.25 the satisfaction should be a quarter of the males if enjoyment and orgasm was equal for example. I cant get this to work. The rest of the satisfaction base+ enjoyment seems to scale correctly. Arousal works from sex and naked actors. Trauma and fatigue never add anything even with factors above 0. Do you need SLAX? I know its not listed as a requirement, but this mod was built from it. Im currently just using SLAM 5.1 with SLSO.

On 4/5/2021 at 3:10 AM, skyrim482 said:

Arousal works from sex and naked actors. Trauma and fatigue never add anything even with factors above 0.

I have been experiencing the same issue, and haven't been able to pinpoint what is causing it. I did quickly leaf through the source code though, and I was unable to find any variables that intuitively correlated to trauma or fatigue. I am by no means an expert, so take that with a grain of salt. However, I wonder if these features have been implemented yet or not.

Can anyone confirm any non-zero numbers showing up in trauma or fatigue?

11 hours ago, ACWise said:

I did quickly leaf through the source code though, and I was unable to find any variables that intuitively correlated to trauma or fatigue

I looked through the source code as well without finding anything. I was confused when some people reported numbers for fatigue early in the thread but I believe they were getting that from the original SLAX system meaning this mod had not fully taken effect yet in their game. Im really trying to understand the female satisfaction the source code reads as fallows.

if who.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex() == 1
        satisfaction *= femaleOrgasmFactor

Seems like it should be written  satisfaction = femaleOrgasmFactor * (-base -enjoyment)

Where as its a multiplier of the negative effect - satisfaction reduces arousal higher negatives equal more arousal suppression. So if female satisfaction factor is set to 0.5

it should only be 50% so if all things equal a male would get -100 satisfaction and a female would get -50. Thats what we need it to do but its not working like that right now. Orgasm rate plays a role in the satisfaction calculator at the moment but im not sure how that works.

Yeah, I'm really not sure what is going on with this one. I wish SLAX worked so I could still use the keywords, but I haven't managed to convert it successfully. Oh, that being said, I just realized this is an LE thread, and I am running SE. Which are you on? Perhaps this is an issue with the available conversion?

9 hours ago, ACWise said:

Yeah, I'm really not sure what is going on with this one. I wish SLAX worked so I could still use the keywords, but I haven't managed to convert it successfully. Oh, that being said, I just realized this is an LE thread, and I am running SE. Which are you on? Perhaps this is an issue with the available conversion?

I am using the SE conversion  as well. I suppose i could run it through my own conversion and see if it works better. I wish the mod author would come back and explain a few things better and perhaps finish this. Its set up to be easier than slax but just customizable enough.

Well, I believe I have figured out the issue. It's not actually a problem with SLA Modular, but instead an issue of SLSO intercepting the rape events before they make it to SLAm. If you turn off use "separate orgasms" in SexLabs MCM (thereby bypassing SLSO), the trauma and fatigue values will update correctly.

This isn't a satisfactory solution for me though. I am also aware that many other mods have similar issues with SLSO and have patches to fix them, perhaps something similar could be done here. I unfortunately am very unlikely to be able to create one, but I'll take a look at some other mods patches and see what I can see.

Did a little bit more searching and testing, and it seems I was wrong; kind of. SLSO isn't intercepting the rape event, SLAm checks for SLSO in it's script and runs a different set of functions if it is detected. Somewhere in there, something is going wrong. My guess is that SLAm is looking for the wrong event to update trauma on or something.

If I am correct, that would make this a bug in SLAm, and I am not sure who we could go to to fix it. I'm going to take a few more stabs at it, but no promises. @skyrim482, do you know of anyone that could help? I'm not new here, but I've only recently ascended from dungeons and given up my ways as a lurker; so I don't know where to take this problem.

I think there is a few people that could help on this site but I would think that they would have to feel confident this mod is abandoned first. I still have hope this mod could be finished by the author the regular slax is a messy to be honest and the author has not been interested in SE. I like the clean cut options of this mod should they work correctly. I tried to open and make test edits in the script compiler but they always fail to compile. I dont know what im doing in that I would need time to understand script compiler to go further.

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone give me an Installation guide for the SE conversion.

At first everything seems fine and working but on a second look i only have Devious Devices as a plugin listed.

When i equip a device i get the minimun device arousal added correctly. So i do think it is working but only for DD.

How do i get SexLab, SLSO etc. added as plugin?

• 4 weeks later...

Tried slam 0.51 in a new game with se, I had slax before, and compared to slax you are transformed into a sex addict way too easily, everything is rising way too fast ! Hard to say where the problem is exactly, but the good thing with slax was you had a very high resistance to arousal for 2 days after sex, here everything goes too fast, I am at 100 arousal in no time without doing anything special... too bad, I guess slax was better (at least for my play style).

13 hours ago, zelurker said:

Tried slam 0.51 in a new game with se, I had slax before, and compared to slax you are transformed into a sex addict way too easily, everything is rising way too fast ! Hard to say where the problem is exactly, but the good thing with slax was you had a very high resistance to arousal for 2 days after sex, here everything goes too fast, I am at 100 arousal in no time without doing anything special... too bad, I guess slax was better (at least for my play style).

I think this creator has this on pause, atleast hasn't checked in for awhile. This has alot of features that dont seem to be fully functional in its current state. The creator of SLAX has a blog, in the blogs section. I think its called Slax 2021, anyways that author is working on a bunch of updates which should really increase its functionally. 

3 minutes ago, skyrim482 said:

I think this creator has this on pause, atleast hasn't checked in for awhile. This has alot of features that dont seem to be fully functional in its current state. The creator of SLAX has a blog, in the blogs section. I think its called Slax 2021, anyways that author is working on a bunch of updates which should really increase its functionally. 

Link for lazy bastards like me: https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/blog/1264-the-lupine-collection/532-slax/

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2021 at 12:31 AM, zelurker said:

It may go up fast with modular, depending on settings, but it also goes down relatively quickly, depending on settings. SLAX I just couldn't get the arousal to go back down for long after a few in game weeks. 

It's a shame that nothing seems to happen with this mod currently.

The base idea is so great, but the bugs just make the arousal level go nuts sometimes. As so many other mods rely on that value, it's not really usable right now for me.

@Voodooh please come back, in my eyes this was the most promising variant of Arousal mods I could find :/ 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know what exactly is needed to compile scripts for this? I have tried and tried but i just get an error page so long it freezes when I try to compile the scripts. I want to tinker with this so I can try to fix some things. Compiling a script is a stupid difficult task though =/

17 minutes ago, skyrim482 said:

i just get an error page so long it freezes when I try to compile the scripts. I want to tinker with this so I can try to fix some things.

Post it? Even if many errors are showing, they often can be traced back to a single point of failure.