Covid19

rane2364

Non English speaker and was a bit too quick with googling the English version...my bad. But at least you got the idea ;) Thanks for the free  chemistry lesson. Guess a free perk for Alchemy.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Tyrant99 said:

If there was flourine in the water, your insides would be melted.

Sunday Facepalm.

I think I might have to give up on this thread.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:
58 minutes ago, Fotogen said:

Theres a difference between fluorine and fluoride. That N and D are important.

39 minutes ago, winny257 said:

you breathe every day fluorine, the air is full of it.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1872035806010013

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3897305

also in your toothpaste is fluoride. :classic_wink:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-does-the-fluoride-in/

and oxygen extraction from water, no problem in the 21st century.
Electrolysis_of_Water.png

Reveal hidden contents

36 minutes ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

35 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Mustard gas. :classic_smile:

Thanks for posting the movie clip 2dk2c.2

Precious bodily fluids and denying one's essence:

Spoiler

Movie is full with beautiful quotes.

On 4/3/2020 at 7:27 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

They'll give it up or die. You got to have a lot of people on board to hope to pull that shit off including a good portion of the military.

I think you may be underestimating how many people truly don't care.  Can't see what's happening.  Won't be convinced of what's happening.  Won't see for themselves.

Additionally, the individual human isn't willing to put their life on the line to fix things for other people, certainly not in the numbers necessary to end up with results.

They're the kind of human who won't see that they CAN change their station in life.  It's exactly that mentality, though with a different outcome (sort of).

1 hour ago, Tyrant99 said:

Not in atomic form and not in the troposphere, they're talking about chlorofluorocarbons that get photodissociated in the stratosphere, humans would have a tough time breathing in the stratosphere. Fluorine is guaranteed to react very quickly and violently with just about everything, which is why it's pretty much never found in its pure halogen form unless you can do some chemistry magic in a very high tech lab.

no i speak from Fluoride in the breath air.

Spoiler

Abstract
Grass can absorb and retain gaseous fluoride from ambient air. This fluoride then is absorbed by cattle eating the grass. The accumulation of this fluoride in their teeth and bones can damage their health and productivity. Critical concentrations of fluoride in grass have been defined. New data describing the relationship between amount of fluoride in air and fluoride in leaves of grass have been assembled and expressed by a regression equation. This equation can be used to predict fluoride accumulation in grass near a planned industrial project, and the likelihood of effect or damage in grazing cattle can be judged.

very interesting article. :classic_wink:

Spoiler

Fluoride is released into the air in large quantities by aluminum reduction plants, phosphate processors, steel mills, coal burning operations, brick and tile manufacturers, and various less significant sources.(2)

It can cause adverse effects when ingested by domestic animals or absorbed by plants. There are also reports that fluoride air pollution can adversely effect human health, though these are less well documented than those concerning sensitive animals and plants.

Fluorides are released into the air in both a gaseous state (as hydrogen fluoride and silicon tetrafluoride) and in solid particles. The particles fall on, and the gases are absorbed by, vegetation near the polluting industry. If this vegetation includes forage crops which are fed to cattle, sheep, horses, or pigs, serious problems may ensue, since these animals, particularly the cattle, are vulnerable to fluoride. (3) In fact, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, “Airborne fluorides have caused more worldwide damage to domestic animals than any other air pollutant.” (4)

http://fluoridealert.org/articles/environment-73/

:classic_laugh:

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

Ok, well you said fluorine and linked to an article about atomic fluorine getting released from certain carbon emissions via photodissociation in the stratosphere:

Spoiler

image.png.68d8eef377fbd410ebd48098bdf06a85.png

But yes, fluoride is all over. Much different situation to fluorine as it's only ionically reactive.

yes, sorry, the first link was wrong, I forgot to remove it.

have my error corrected. :classic_smile:

On 3/28/2020 at 12:36 PM, Kokan said:

The New York Times and ABC News???? Seriously? They rarely get the day of the week straight and their management is more tabloid than factual news. If that's where you're getting your info you're in deep shit. I  wouldn't believe them if they were the LAST sources available on earth.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:23 AM, Wolfstorm321 said:

The CDC estimates that as many as 56,000 people die from the flu or flu-like illness each year. SOURCES: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases: "Common Cold."

Between these two things it seems that this virus isn't any more dangerous than any other. The swine flu epidemic cause way more deaths than this virus.

Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.** Globally, 80 percent of (H1N1)pdm09 virus-related deaths were estimated to have occurred in people younger than 65 years of age. This differs greatly from typical seasonal influenza epidemics, during which about 70 percent to 90 percent of deaths are estimated to occur in people 65 years and older.

All in all I'm of the opinion that this is not something to panic over. New "flu like" virus's are not novel events and regularly emerge around the globe. If you have a healthy immune system you shouldn't fear this any more than you normally fear any flu season.

It's not the danger to the individual that makes this virus so dangerous. It's that the infection can spread so rapidly that it might clog up the healthcare system entirely, forcing healthcare staff to decide who's going to live and who is going to die because there isn't enough equipment to treat everyone. We're also only at the start of the pandemic so comparisons to flu-deaths which are measured in a per year-cycle are not really reasonable.

But generally speaking, even for the individual it's much more lethal than a regular flu. With COVID-19 you have a 1-3% death rate whereas flu has one of 0.1%. Swine-flu was about as lethal as the regular flu, the high death numbers come from the fact that hundreds of millions of people got infected. The estimates of infections range from 700 million to 1.4 billion people with 150,000 to 575,000 fatalities.

If you apply the 1-3% mortality rate to those numbers, even if we take the lowest estimate of 1% mortality rate and 700 million infected people, you get 7 million deaths.

Edit: Needless to say, if the number of new infected each day exceeds the number your healthcare system can treat, the death rate will skyrocket.

56 minutes ago, ctHlHu69 said:

it might seems like we forgot our purpose here XD

I'm curious, what do you think our purpose here is? Do you think we ALL have the same reason for being here?  Is your purpose in being here the only possible one?

4 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Just typical human behavior.

There's going to be a lot of finger-pointing and resentment towards those rich assholes that didn't contribute shit during all of this. This is a harrowing experience for all those directly involved and no one is feeling it harder than our health care workers who are literally working themselves to death. Since they are having to work without new, clean protective equipment, they are getting just as sick as their patients and often still working until they collapse. I feel deeply for them.

What's worse is that probably many would be nurses and doctors in college are quickly changing their major since they want no part of this shit.

High proportion of healthcare workers with COVID-19 in Italy is a ...Medical Staffing Company Slashed Benefits for Doctors, Nurses ...

Coronavirus nurse reveals physical impact virus is having on ...

25 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

No doubt.  And kudos to the healthcare workers struggling with the Coronavirus.  I'm sure Satan or whoever rules Hell will be welcoming those rich non-contributors with open arms.

If you see a medical professional many months from now with the thousand yard stare, you'll know why.

BTW I always liked "Bones". Those "simple country" doctors are straight shooters in my book. :classic_smile:

Archived