Covid19

rane2364

16 hours ago, Tyrant99 said:

Oh man, such a bum, sorry, but he deserves nothing other as Corona.
He rent a German hotel with 20 women and his entourage, this guy should be thrown off his throne!
sorry but something like that makes me angry. :classic_angry:

https://www.focus.de/kultur/royals/garmisch-partenkirchen-thai-koenig-fliegt-trotz-corona-beschraenkungen-mit-privat-boeing-durch-deutschland_id_11805516.html

https://www.stern.de/lifestyle/leute/thailands-koenig-mietet-komplettes-hotel-in-bayern-9195014.html

What's annoying is that those people that are getting sick right now and aren't getting tested are being treated like lepers all the same. I had to plead with a bank yesterday to open a new account. The manager was reluctant, but finally agreed and I'm thankful for that since now I can pay bills. I could have not told them anything and then maybe later they get sick, but, they're good people and I felt like I needed to be honest. I've found that if you think or know that you had/have covid 19, it is better to keep things on a need to know basis with most people unfortunately since they really don't give a fuck about you.

9 hours ago, Joe Pineapples said:

Yes I'm going to go there,Global Warming,Imagine VID 19 is sorted,then,you die from 50 Deg C...what a pain

where do you want to go, if it continues like this, then it will become narrower for the people of the coming generations. :classic_laugh:

Spoiler

On 4/2/2020 at 9:58 AM, AKM said:

What? You mean you don't trust your government?  Whyever not?  (Yeah, I don't trust government either.)

Careful I just read recently that they tell the truth right here in this thread. It is not called a slow burn for nothing remember these words

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before".

Rahm Emanuel

and this video don't forget right from the horses mouth.

but I digress

6 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

What's annoying is that those people that are getting sick right now and aren't getting tested are being treated like lepers all the same. I had to plead with a bank yesterday to open a new account. The manager was reluctant, but finally agreed and I'm thankful for that since now I can pay bills. I could have not told them anything and then maybe later they get sick, but, they're good people and I felt like I needed to be honest. I've found that if you think or know that you had/have covid 19, it is better to keep things on a need to know basis with most people unfortunately since they really don't give a fuck about you.

I thought you could open an account online.

If you're getting sick (cold or flu) exacerbating fears by telling people "I'm sick" doesn't seem wise, but was this manager holding the door closed or something?

It all sounds very interesting and a nice change here.

I'm really bad at withholding vital info, as far as stories go, but you told a good story about some horrible bank and didn't expose a thing.

1 hour ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

I thought you could open an account online.

Not with all banks. Some smaller banks want you in person to sign things and have a nice sit-down chat when you open an account. I've banked here before and like the people, if not their lack of online services. And since they wanted me to do this in person, I thought they needed to know the chance at least. Couldn't hide it anyway since my voice still hasn't come back.

9 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

Careful I just read recently that they tell the truth right here in this thread.

Nothing of the sort was said, and you not being able to tell the difference between the CDC and the CIA is pretty telling. My favorite part is you telling people not to be judgemental asshats and than comparing the CDC to the CIA because they both have C in the name and also providing zero proof of the CDC's insidious plan to do what exactly, also gonna need a link to where the CDC can impose permanent restriction and additions to existing or new laws.

You were saying something about being judgemental?

10 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

Perfect quote for someone who can't convert 0.108 to a %.

Statistics are only as good as the validity of the data and methodology used to derive them, but it's no mistake that they're used in every corner of science.

People who don't understand probability and statistics play slot machines, people who do understand probability and statistics own slot machines. - Who makes the money?

Konami.

6 hours ago, Tyrant99 said:

Perfect quote for someone who can't convert 0.108 to a %.

Statistics are only as good as the validity of the data and methodology used to derive them, but it's no mistake that they're used in every corner of science.

People who don't understand probability and statistics play slot machines, people who do understand probability and statistics own slot machines. - Who makes the money?

Numbers are just numbers, not the truth. Also not lie. Number is just number.

I think the point is that people can lie. Its people. Not statistics, but statisticians.

People also have a right to doubt. Like Nick Furry said: grandpa liked people, but didn't trusted them. Trust someone too much and lose an eye.

9 hours ago, 27X said:

You were saying something about being judgemental?

Can't help your butthurt over my post maybe you can provide facts to retort my post.

Fact Dr. Robert Redfield is appointed to run the CDC by who do you know?

fact cdc.gov is the web site .gov meaning it is run by the goverment

fact the cdc is fund by tax dollars

fact the cdc is ran and controlled by guess who?

Who knew ?

16 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Origin unknown.

I don't know why (and please ignore this) but the phrase "panem et circenses" came to mind,image.png.80492fff26c92720645d258b4dda1f8e.png

It isn't relevant, it isn't even legal without sources and an accompanying rant....

But it was the train of thought crossing in front of the train of thought about your quote, to find the author.

Disraeli? No.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies,_damned_lies,_and_statistics

Dredged up from the abyss by TV?

TV.JPG.67373e8e177cb11d8e7f223bb742b583.JPG

Maybe

3 hours ago, coldqueen said:

Infection and death !! 2020-04-04

The real version !!

Piracy !!

More !!

Hide contents

I get it's a parody but what's with all the lipstick?

我了解这是一个模仿,但
他们为什么要穿这么多口红?

(very liberal translation from a bot, apologies in advance)

5 hours ago, Fotogen said:

I think the point is that people can lie.

They can also make mistakes.

Statistical models come and go and evolve. They are not set in stone.

e.g.

For years the good scientists at the LHC would periodically announce that they had found the Higgs Boson. Big splurge of publicity followed a couple of months later by a less public announcement that upon reflection it wasn't actually the Higgs Boson.

Nobody actually sees anything that looks like a particle of any kind. All they are doing is analysing number and running them through statistical models.

Infected              Deaths              Recover

Germany           91.159                1.275                 24.575
Italy                 119.827              14.681                 19.758
Spain              124.736               11.744                 34.219
China                82.543                 3.330                 76.942
USA                278.458                 7.159                   9.897

Worldwide   1.131.713               59.884                233.591    

these are the official figures April 4, 2020, 2:08 p.m.

https://www.merkur.de/welt/coronavirus-deutschland-fallzahlen-faelle-infizierte-aktuell-tote-italien-welt-news-china-usa-spanien-zr-13600954.html

This is the sort of thing which drives me mad. Numpty journalists who can't even read their own words and see the mistake.

From the BBC News website

"We should all know by now that to maintain social distancing, we need to stay at least 2m (six feet) away from other people".

What "we should all know by now" is that 2m = 6' 6" not 6'. So if you are 6' away you are not 'at least' 2m away. You are 15cm short.

On 4/3/2020 at 12:25 AM, Alkpaz said:

Violators will be shot on sight?!

Survivors will be shot again, social distancing in Australia....1.5m

Beaches,National Parks are closed,limited entry into grocery stores.It's a pain but as soon as we all comply,hopefully we won't have to wait,what bother's me is I read ( so many false report's etc ) you can get this twice

Thank god for Jigsaw puzzles,I can't sit on my PC nonstop,I'm running out of frozen pea's to throw at Bin Chicken's

44 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/

US is still on an exponential growth moonshot:

That -1.65 social distancing is probably only around half of what it needs to be.

Too many people here don't get social distancing, or they just refuse to practice it. I work in a clean room that is normally sterilized, they started taking our temps at the beginning of each shift, and the management has started social distancing but it's laxly enforced. Until Thursday afternoon. 

It's nearing time for me to leave, one of the HR personnel is standing rather grim in the gowning room. We are told to go home now. Outside is second shift being strictly ordered to remain on the crosses taped on the floor 6' apart. They are not going in.

Friday, yesterday, place is closed down for complete sterilization. Someone on 2nd shift had tested positive.

I was fucking warning about this. I hope I am fine, I had done my best to keep distance from others.

The US is still a week or two behind Italy. We're a bigger country, more people so percentage wise it may be the same, more , or less than countries in Europe. I don't know, I haven't bothered with the math. I really don't want to.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel with the flattening the curve in Italy, but so sad for all those who have died or suffered in different ways. Hopefully, too, other countries who are still behind us in the curve will not have to go through this.

10 hours ago, Fotogen said:

Numbers are just numbers, not the truth

Numbers, equations, probability are the ONLY truth. Without them, there would just be a void. Your body, for instance, calculates many things every second (or more). There are no "accidents" in the numerical universe, just faulty accounting. Somewhere, the accurate, literal score is being kept and it's our ambition to figure it out.

27 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

I've been seeing reports of death "complications due to Covid 19."

11 minutes ago, Tyrant99 said:

Yes, you're right, I'm also in the US and have taken social distancing very seriously right from the start, and have also conveyed to family and friends and anybody who will listen how incredibly important it is. There's still a lot of people who don't seem to 'get it' though, even in my own State, people are going to public parks 25% more than before.

I've seen a lot of people out and about, fortunately where I live it's wide open streets and wide areas where it is easy to avoid others. But I'm seeing less probably because people are beginning to see how serious this is.

From some of the projections, I won't be surprised if the US death is 10,000 by tomorrow night. ?

Archived