Covid19

rane2364

54 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

That is not what Sweden is doing.

"'DON'T PANIC' Sweden is the last country in Europe not on coronavirus lockdown as PM says ‘let’s behave like adults’

Denmark, Finland, and Norway – have all introduced a no-nonsense lockdown strategy, closing schools, workplaces and borders weeks ago"

11 minutes ago, Kokan said:

"'DON'T PANIC' Sweden is the last country in Europe not on coronavirus lockdown as PM says ‘let’s behave like adults’

Denmark, Finland, and Norway – have all introduced a no-nonsense lockdown strategy, closing schools, workplaces and borders weeks ago"

Their doing the exact same thing that Italy, Spain and the US did at first and look how wonderfully that worked out.

24 minutes ago, Kokan said:

They had already instigated some measures and were due to introduce more from Monday (IIRC). They are not sitting calmly.

14 minutes ago, spaceman1 said:

Their doing the exact same thing that Italy, Spain and the US did at first and look how wonderfully that worked out.

in Italy, they started to panic, primarily the government that pressured doctors to perform mass tests.

tests are unreliable so they get thousands of falsely infected, because of so many patients the health system collapsed.

they started to panic to treat them aggressively and people went en masse to die.

worst of all, sick people who did not have the virus also died, due to the collapse no one had to help them.

will attribute everything to the virus...

5 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

They had already instigated some measures and were due to introduce more from Monday (IIRC). They are not sitting calmly.

they sit quietly compared to others who, by their panic actions, make things far worse

Right, Sweden. Our dear neighbour has twice the population but over ten times the deaths (13 vs around 150).

In Finland number of reported infections has decreased for several days here. Too early (WAY too early) to celebrate, but so far, so good. My province has only 9 confirmed infections, so i'm not exactly worried myself.

Of course, how we, and the world, will recover from these restirctions on busineses is another crisis.

And yes, remember that everyone in a lab coat is not a professional ?

https://xkcd.com/699/

19 hours ago, jackcee said:

And you know that's true how exactly?? Do you work for POTUS? The Treasury? Have you distributed goods or aided those so-called sick? If you just watched it all on the news, you should probably catch Picard or MacGyver instead. At least with tv shows, no one expects you to believe what you see is actually happening.

I am not the one claiming to have access to information that I could not possibly be privvy to here. Rather than trying to depend on unreliable methods such as psychic powers to peer into the hearts of others to suss out their innermost hidden motivations, why not just use tried and true methods such as Probable Cause?

Even if you somehow came to the conclusion that someone who crowed about turning around their nation's economy would be eager to tank it and to ruin the very legacy that he took the pay downgrade to be able to even get the chance to build as a public servant, then you'd have to go to preponderance of witness statements stating that they were denied stimulus payments or government aid.

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

One the one hand we have all these people working from home trying to keep things going. On the other we have all these people clogging up the Internet by posting useless videos.

I blow off some steam after working outside my home. Essential job. Dumb video.

I was outside working in my yard today and saw my neighbor. She waved and yelled "How you been?" My voice didn't sound right since I've been sick and I was out of breath from working. So when I said "Fine! How about you?" It didn't sound right at all and I even coughed once. She almost immediately went back in her house. I thought she might call the police or something the way she looked at me. Guess I can count dating and casual sex out for the foreseeable future.

Haven't read the whole thread. Total USA deaths 8343 so sad thus why people need say home. Even mods or people who work at inkbunny don't want see my favorite artist pass away from the virus Chris Cuomo. The virus now from cnn

2 hours ago, rb888 said:

Haven't read the whole thread. Total USA deaths 8343 so sad thus why people need say home. Even mods or people who work at inkbunny don't want see my favorite artist pass away from the virus Chris Cuomo. The virus now from cnn

What?  Please get your facts straight:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

No one needs more misinformation thrown around, the truth is bad enough.

When all this started looking serious, my instructor made a statement (paraphrase):

"Guys, you really shouldn't be nearly as concerned with this virus as you should with the fact that the Governor just declared a State of Emergency.  You DO know what that means, don't you?  It means your government is doing all the things government does, but from behind closed doors, without the input or even oversight of the public whom it governs.  This should worry you far more than the virus does."

And so it seems he was correct. 

Hungary just effectively handed their prime minister dictatorial powers, with no end date, or even revision date.  He may now rule by decree and bypass the national assembly entirely.

All this over a grand total of 15 deaths resulting from 447 cases per Johns Hopkins.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/hungarian-parliament-hands-orban-power-to-rule-unchecked/2020/03/30/cc5135f6-7293-11ea-ad9b-254ec99993bc_story.html?fbclid=IwAR0KslniUW-nHhTW1wwJ3oPoMCY8z8Wvh7BL_Dp78M2jY2_9nuKXZrBjyNE

12 minutes ago, AKM said:

When all this started looking serious, my instructor made a statement (paraphrase):

"Guys, you really shouldn't be nearly as concerned with this virus as you should with the fact that the Governor just declared a State of Emergency.  You DO know what that means, don't you?  It means your government is doing all the things government does behind closed doors, without the input or even oversight of the public whom it governs.  This should worry you far more than the virus does."

And so it seems he was correct.  Hungary just effectively handed their prime minister dictatorial powers, with no end date, or even revision date.  He may now rule by decree and bypass the national assembly entirely.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/hungarian-parliament-hands-orban-power-to-rule-unchecked/2020/03/30/cc5135f6-7293-11ea-ad9b-254ec99993bc_story.html?fbclid=IwAR0KslniUW-nHhTW1wwJ3oPoMCY8z8Wvh7BL_Dp78M2jY2_9nuKXZrBjyNE

A shit ton of law enforcement laws that are borderline illegal and definitely violate human rights charters have been passed during FEMA bills in the us. All the shit you read about Texas and Louisiana  and Mississippi cops doing that gets people dead over the last decade were passed during Katrina and the like.

Me and my ex wife went to Louisiana ... New Orleans ... to help with the clean up of Katrina. I dont regret doing it but I will say this: I will never do it again!  without going in to the details of that experience, I saw first hand how quickly people will turn on each other including those that are suppose to protect us. 

Im not trying to be a fear monger or anything of the sort... I'm sure we have learned from that experience and put that well behind us. I hope and pray anyway.

5 hours ago, AKM said:

"Guys, you really shouldn't be nearly as concerned with this virus as you should with the fact that the Governor just declared a State of Emergency.  You DO know what that means, don't you?  It means your government is doing all the things government does, but from behind closed doors, without the input or even oversight of the public whom it governs.  This should worry you far more than the virus does."

And so it seems he was correct. 

Hungary just effectively handed their prime minister dictatorial powers, with no end date, or even revision date.  He may now rule by decree and bypass the national assembly entirely.

All this over a grand total of 15 deaths resulting from 447 cases per Johns Hopkins.

In risk of invoking Godwin's law: Classical Hitler move. Reichtag burns:

emergencyPowas.jpg.04ce091403cd5619dc6fa5dce31be607.jpg

...All the unrelated stuff they package into the coronavirus aid bill in the US. Goodnight, and next sunrise you either speak french to your officials, or aren't allowed to speak at all anymore.

Oh, to be in England
Now that April's there,
And whoever wakes in England
Sees, some morning, unaware,
That the lowest boughs and the brushwood sheaf
Round the elm-tree bole are in tiny leaf,
While the chaffinch sings on the orchard bough
In England - now!

Robert  Browning.

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee"

John Donne

Archived