Anyone else not pre-ordering elder scrolls 6

49 minutes ago, Dryad said:

I kinda wanna see the skyrim grandma as well, so I don't think I wanna miss that.

I have a feeling she'll pass away before the game comes out. I mean, she really old right now and who knows when TES6 will come out with Starfield taking up the 2021 slot. I'm guessing at minimum 2024.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:16 PM, gregathit said:

No pre-orders for me.  I'll consider purchasing once it is out and feedback is given from folks that aren't paid to praise it start rolling in.

Yup, usually wait for someone to do a CBBE type mod, then buy it.    The original models and looks are......lacking.  

No one on this forum is in the target audience for TES6.  The people Bethesda wants are in Middle School right now.  They don't know or care about all of the crooked bullshit, broken promises, and outright lies told by Bethesda.  They are the next generation of shills and fanbois.

Prediction:  TES6 gets released and there won't be a player Construction Kit for it until a year later; BUT there will be content (that should be in the base game) immediately available for purchase from the TES6 iteration of the 'Atomic Shop'.

- no longer available on Steam

- creation club update madness from launch day on

So for me, the era of Bethesda RPG modding is over.

I also don't see any alternatives in the future. Best to find a new hobby, like DAZ3D is actually a lot of fun if you mostly used Skyrim for the pretty artwork.

Um, I made the mistake of buying a Bethesda game on Day 0 with Skyrim, 8 years ago. It did not support lefty gamers. You could not freely bind functions to the numpad. Immediately I was sent scrambling for 3rd party solutions such as AutoHotKey.

Bethesda's excuses ranged far and wide. My favorite one was that they couldn't afford to hire a graphic designer after-the-fact to craft Flash icons that said, "Num-5" or what-not, to accommodate such requests.

>Multi Million Dollar Blockbuster game

>Can't afford a $50 per hour contractor for 10 hours of work to make icons to accommodate differently handed folk

I'm not even sure if I'll adopt ESVI. I'm just so sick of Bethesda.

I'll give it a year or so. Gearbox has my attention lately anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, PlayingOneHanded said:

I didn't pre-order Failout 76 which turned out to be a very smart decision and I as sure as hell won't pre-order TES6. I have a feeling they still won't upgrade the game engine to something that isn't over ten years old.

10? it's more like 20.

19 minutes ago, PlayingOneHanded said:

I have a feeling they still won't upgrade the game engine to something that isn't over ten years old.

Do you want to kill Bethesda game modding? Cause that's how you kill Bethesda game modding.

The engine Creation is based on is also 23 years old but that's like calling HL2 Source the same as Dota 2 Source.

I'm pretty much done with the concept of "pre-order". It's terribly anti-consumer. These aren't tickets to the first showing of Star Wars, It's a game of unknown quality (advertiser's need to earn a wage), and being 'first' has no advantage. Hard to sell out of 'digital'.

Bribing players with exclusives to get us to pre-purchase should be a huge red flag. My days of being conditioned and indoctrinated are over.

So, no. No pre-order for Bethesda, or anyone else now. In fact rewarding companies with a poor track record is also OFF the books.

Jedi: Fallen Order? Sure I'll get it, on sale, in a year or so. Same for any game company with fingers in the cookie jar.

That'll be a no from me, dawg.

The only game I ever bought even close to preordering was Street Fighter V back in its very early stages and everyone who bought it back then got fucked over majorly.

Not worth the trouble, especially not from Beth. Fuck that.

I may never buy it at all, let alone preorder.

2 hours ago, megamantaray said:

That'll be a no from me, dawg.

The only game I ever bought even close to preordering was Street Fighter V back in its very early stages and everyone who bought it back then got fucked over majorly.

Not worth the trouble, especially not from Beth. Fuck that.

I may never buy it at all, let alone preorder.

I did not want to blurt out what I was thinking, too many here do that, too many really insensitive buttmunches who should be crushed under the tanks of oppression (but I digress)

Do you reaaallly think Bethesda ("bethsoft", whatever) cares what you buy?

A lady already said that pre-ordering is futile,

and you could not know if they'd do anything worthwhile to the game if you bought a season-pass, or if they included one if you pre-ordered.

But someone who was banned somewhere said it more succinctly

kinship.JPG.bfb0015e87c2dc62f7adbb608cc8d205.JPG

The irrelevant picture becomes very relevant considering when it was written.

But the guy writing it was apparently foolish and said whatever he wanted; Biggie mistake.

Actually I was looking for a good meme from the fifties, an old mean guy saying "your opinion of [them] has no cash value"

Basil_Rathbone.jpg