qoq

6 hours ago, MaidoLover said:

Yes. And that protects the copyright owners, which is usually a dev or a publisher. 

This isn't how it works... 

Making mods isn't illegal by any means,  but selling them is. As you then can't even say "fair use" anymore. 

Which I think you know exactly and even previously agreed to iirc.  

Car analogy :  

so I steal your car. 

then I change some things,  give it a new paint job, maybe a nice airbrush too. 

then you find out where I am and your car is, you call the cops. 

then I'll just say "u see I artistically changed some things, it's now my intellectual property"

and the cops be like "tough luck this isn't your car anymore!" 

that's just not how it works,  if you steal something,  change it a bit,  it's not suddenly your property! 

so unless you or someone else can show me where a modder actually holds a lawful "copyright" on a creation they did for an already existing game this is nothing more than forum circle jerk and you can proof absolutely nothing and your beliefs must be considered wrong. 

You were wrong before and you're wrong now. Pretty sure the literally thousands of professionals at Polycount, Artstation and LinkedIn know better than you, because they do, so if you're done trying to use semantics instead of facts, IP laws have been laid out in video form on at least three different youtube channels and you're dead ass wrong in all three.

How annoying can the nexus be ?? really download cap free or premium then another 5 sec wait then no download.. ? looks like allot of people got annoyed by being shoved that update to premium every single download how low can the nexus go and boot a timer that dont work afterwards..

LOL. Apparently bugging users with the "your download speed capped" wasn't enough for them, now we have a full-fledged file-sharing-site-like "Slow download/fast download" nag screen for every download.

I do understand that bandwidth has it costs, but if they wanted to save it - they could start with providing torrent download links to allow users to help them with the issue. Heck, they could have even embed a torrent client into Vortex. But I guess that wasn't the point.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who woke up to this bullshit. Also glad I don't need to start a thread to vent in lol.

Look at this shit and tell me how it makes sense (fake edit-it's because the owner is a dipshit): 

Spoiler

kljljkjl.png.bebbded86d546f135b6e0744795dae57.pngfuckyou.png.b34080b8b9fda8377290b321a7c0a9c6.pngcvbcv.png.115d2014ae495d88874389eb697087f0.png

Oh shit, servers... cost money?! AD TIME

Guys, please please please, if you don't want to just give us money DON'T block the ads! (also we'll steal some from the donations, while banning direct methods like Paypal)... Hey mod authors! No ads for you! :D

The very people adding to the bandwidth issues by adding to the storage AND 1000+ downloads... don't help cover it. Amazing.

I am one of those authors. Got a happy message about it and everything. My mods? SHIT. TRASH. It takes pretty much zero effort to get to 1K, even with joke mods. Hell, post a garbage waifu and people will eat it up, no matter the quality.

Thank fuck for other sites. DarkOne is a huge asshat (which should be obvious from their edgelord username)

Do NOT respond to that comment on Nexus, unless you want to be banned lmao. 

If its a clientside timer you can disable it. I am gonna take a look.

Edit: simple timeout...

You can use a one-liner, but it may break other parts of the site that rely on timeouts to do real work, not just be annoying:

// replace it with direct execution of the function
window.setTimeout = (f,t) => f();

On 11/28/2019 at 7:38 PM, qoq said:

So, NexusMods is making everyone change their password to 12 characters with this and that , and "2-step verification".

LMAO!

Fuck them. Anything I've uploaded over there, can be uploaded here, right?

Yes... our rules on content are much more liberal than theirs.  Post a way. In fact, posts here and on other gaming sites as well. :D Cover your bases... ;)

On 12/8/2019 at 3:30 PM, Yueviathan said:

Wtf? What happened? First this thread started of with a mong bitching about extra long passwords being the last straw to shut down nexus. Then went to more non issues, then I admit got knee jerked on info about the 2mb cap, which wasn't really that bad and own being a mong about that shit. However I come back to read and now people rawring at eachother over copyright. What happened? 

Why are we here? Just to suffer? Every night I can feel my leg ...And my arm...

We all gone nuklear,I hope we can pull this shit back ❤️

Ive never really had an issue with passwords, security or being bothered by 2fa. My issue with nexus is that the community and staff are complete shit...

On 12/13/2019 at 2:27 PM, phillout said:

LOL. Apparently bugging users with the "your download speed capped" wasn't enough for them, now we have a full-fledged file-sharing-site-like "Slow download/fast download" nag screen for every download.

I do understand that bandwidth has it costs, but if they wanted to save it - they could start with providing torrent download links to allow users to help them with the issue. Heck, they could have even embed a torrent client into Vortex. But I guess that wasn't the point.

Yeah, that was my first reaction when I saw that; Is Nexus a cyberlocker now? Next thing will be the addition of daily quotas.

I am not going to pull a tantrum and remove my mods from there (like some drama queens do), but I am really considering whether I will be uploading my future mods in there or not; Not feeling like making Dark0ne richer from my work when I myself don't even put a donation button in there.

Thing is, I am not happy with LL either.

You now have the 5 seconds timeout on Nexus before downloading a file, but you've had the 10 seconds timeout in here for a long time.

I also have to input recaptchas every few hours, even when I leave myself logged in; The owner just disregards this blaming people who thinks Google is evil (his words).

Stuff like this is the reason why I don't upload my new works to LL anymore; Instead I just use LL to update some mods that are only found in here, aswell as update my already published mods.

10 hours ago, Akzyra said:

If its a clientside timer you can disable it. I am gonna take a look.

Edit: simple timeout...

You can use a one-liner, but it may break other parts of the site that rely on timeouts to do real work, not just be annoying:

// replace it with direct execution of the function
window.setTimeout = (f,t) => f();

This is great, but at that point I'm already annoyed. It's the multiple pages & clicks to get there that bug me, not the timer.

After the download starts, you get a "if it's not working click this to download" link; it'd be nice to bypass all the other crap and just go straight to that, but we'd probably need a whole plugin for it. :T

2 hours ago, TundraBrigand said:

running servers can get expensive quick when dealing with a lot of user-generated content, replication, and multi-region synchronization, I get it.

but the irony of this screenshot was just too good

Spoiler

image.png.ca282f3563a0eff954b79ec9f7b14600.png

I haven't laughed this hard in awhile the next couple of months/years are gonna be interesting.

If they revert it back to the 2 clicks to download a file and only kept the begging you to buy premium banner at the top, that'd be fine. i'd support them again. but making it click to download, click to download, click to download, click to download, wait...and..there for anyone is outrageous. other than that, i have no other issue with em'.

By the nine, what the fuck happened to Nexus? I just went back and checked a download and i'm greeted with this. At first it was just about a longer password and 2fa, which is whatever, not an issue. But this is just hilarious. And what does MAX speed mean? As in instantaneous downloads? LOL. Nexus's community/forum structure is bad enough, but come on now, what the fuck is this?

Capture.PNG.93ac873a242b05c52727ae0948b3bda1.PNG

14 hours ago, TentakelnBitte said:

This is great, but at that point I'm already annoyed. It's the multiple pages & clicks to get there that bug me, not the timer.

After the download starts, you get a "if it's not working click this to download" link; it'd be nice to bypass all the other crap and just go straight to that, but we'd probably need a whole plugin for it. :T

Pretty sure you need the slow/fast page as the DL link has a key that is generated serverside, but automatically starting the download is possible ?

*cough* check greasefork scripts *cough cough* also hidden in this post *cough*

Archived