qoq

39 minutes ago, RomeoZero said:

Strange that nobody has mention about new paid download speed with password update that came with it.You want to download 300mb mod with your default ISP speed ? Nope, pay to remove 2MBs cap.  I guess everybody premium on Nexus. 

im not

13 hours ago, qeweqe22 said:

Hi. I know this is not the place to ask.. but how to show FPS in game ? 

If you're on Steam it has a setting, look for it in In-Game tab.

If you're on another client I dunno but your GPU should have some option to show its own overlay and a lot of games come with a setting to show FPS and other data, usually with a hotkey for convenience.

57 minutes ago, RomeoZero said:

Strange that nobody has mention about new paid download speed with password update that came with it.You want to download 300mb mod with your default ISP speed ? Nope, pay to remove 2MBs cap.  I guess everybody premium on Nexus. 

Is that new? I thought it was always like that, either way that's a decent speed to download nearly anything that isn't like.. Immersive Armors or SMIM for Skyrim.

I don't see the problem?

Genuinely always thought it was always this way. I'm not Premium either, I'm just Supporter status cos I got a few donations back in my modding days and used it to remove ads.

3 hours ago, megamantaray said:

If you're on Steam it has a setting, look for it in In-Game tab.

If you're on another client I dunno but your GPU should have some option to show its own overlay and a lot of games come with a setting to show FPS and other data, usually with a hotkey for convenience.

Is that new? I thought it was always like that, either way that's a decent speed to download nearly anything that isn't like.. Immersive Armors or SMIM for Skyrim.

I don't see the problem?

Genuinely always thought it was always this way. I'm not Premium either, I'm just Supporter status cos I got a few donations back in my modding days and used it to remove ads.

It wasn't like that before pass update, I have always downloaded 1.5~2Gig mods with 10+ MBs and on nexus it shows in a big white banner - Ur a free user, so you need to pay 2.99 Sterlings a month.  ?. Strange that 100MB+ mods are not under Taxes by nexus sheriff, Capitalism wont forget that.   

4 hours ago, RomeoZero said:

It wasn't like that before pass update, I have always downloaded 1.5~2Gig mods with 10+ MBs and on nexus it shows in a big white banner - Ur a free user, so you need to pay 2.99 Sterlings a month.  ?. Strange that 100MB+ mods are not under Taxes by nexus sheriff, Capitalism wont forget that.   

I just saw the pop up message today, bloody hell way to screw users over. I download big mods often, and didn't have this slow down BS before. My net not the best of speeds but ti was fast enough to do the job. Now further nerf cause can't afford another subscription. I swear companies feel everyone has money to piss. Sorry nexus you are not worth my washing money and bus fair. Amazon prime and sometimes twitch is the only luxury subs I can spare with my wallet and even with those I drop them when can't afford to anymore. Bah

2 hours ago, Yueviathan said:

I just saw the pop up message today, bloody hell way to screw users over. I download big mods often, and didn't have this slow down BS before. My net not the best of speeds but ti was fast enough to do the job. Now further nerf cause can't afford another subscription. I swear companies feel everyone has money to piss. Sorry nexus you are not worth my washing money and bus fair. Amazon prime and sometimes twitch is the only luxury subs I can spare with my wallet and even with those I drop them when can't afford to anymore. Bah

Hosting files costs money , hosting a website costs money, hosting traffic costs money, DATA COSTS MONEY ; where do they get their money from if they don't create a reason to sub ,its not a big deal. And if anyone has an issue with speed caps (2mb is fairly nice compared to other sites) then they are just finding a reason to complain.

8 hours ago, RomeoZero said:

Weird, I've always seen this pop-up with "Your download will be capped at 1Mbps"

Oh well, it's not that big a deal. Even 1Mbps is way faster than a lot of sites will give you.

1 hour ago, unmatched baguette said:

The limit has been there for a couple of years, it's 1MB/s for adblock users, 2MB/s for non-ablock (or smarter adblock) users

Interesting, I didn't know about the adblocker limit. I knew it was limited to 1 MB/s before and I've been at that still. I guess I've enough DP to buy some premium, but meh, they do ask for a lot of personal information in the process, even if I am not really putting any real money into it.

Also, since I am still capped at 1 MB/s, it would appear that NanoDefender isn't defusing their anti-adblocker. Seems like someone needs to submit a bug report :D. In the other hand, I haven't seem that bitching about adblocker in a while now, way back then and without NanoDefender, they would bitch me about adblockers.

Mega caps me at 5 MB/s, downside being a maximum transfer of 1.5 GBs per 15 hours. In the other hand, I actually contribute mods to Nexus and would be thankfully if they would cap me at 2 MB/s, since I am contributing to their business already.

3 hours ago, sleacysz said:

Hosting files costs money , hosting a website costs money, hosting traffic costs money, DATA COSTS MONEY ; where do they get their money from if they don't create a reason to sub ,its not a big deal. And if anyone has an issue with speed caps (2mb is fairly nice compared to other sites) then they are just finding a reason to complain.

Speed caps can and does effect downloading a mod correctly. I have had many instances I had to download a mod more then once and pray I got all the files because the speed of download effecting the data transfer. You know when you see mods split into multiple parts for slower download speeds? Yeah stuff like this gives modders more work to do to look out for other users affected in this way, and it just seems unnecessary.

There are plenty of things nexus can and are charging for to warrant a subscription ( and rightfully so). I don't expect nexus to not have any form of monetization. I'm aware sites cost money to run, however when a site monetizes a function that effects the very ability to use the site correctly? That seems to defeat the purpose and feel a little too much like " You have to spend money to even use this site" And that is the fine line I feel has been touched here in choosing to effect the speeds, knowing there are users that already have speed issues.

Doing this doesn't make me want to subscribed, it makes me feel I have to cap my hobby for good and not use the site at all in the future or go somewhere else for downloads. If you ever had a moment that you had your com dowloading a mod for 7 hours, and then you load it up in game and something is wrong with it and you trouble shoot you do everything right to try and find the problem and then you don't. You go back to the mod page check file preview and that is when you see the size of a particular file being larger then what you got.

You then go threw another 7 hours to download the mod...>.< This is what I'm talking about, and on a personal note. I have had to deal with more and more sites I use for free becoming a subscription for all the features. Everything needs money, and so do I. I need money to cover my bills, life insurance, insurance for my property, rent, phone bill, internet bill, money aside for food, hygene, clothes, transportation, medical and emergencies and savings (when I can even save). All these things need my money before nexus or any hobby site, but people have hobbies because it helps with the stress of life.

I have amazon prime because it helps with ordering things I need right away online which has been important enough to put what little money I have aside for it, I only used prime for its shows like only once so far (watched The Boys and that was it) I like watching certain twitch streamers that have in doing what they do de-stressed and distracted me from hard times in my life and thus wanted to support them when I can. But I don't streak these subscription because there are months I can't afford the bleeding of spare money I don't have.

I love these sites just as much as the people that can thankfully afford to pay. I can still watch the streamers I adore for free and enjoy there content  and in turn that makes me want to be able to subscribe when I can because it creates for me a feeling of eventually paying it foward, but if twitch was to ever charge the net speed in which you watch a stream to the point it effects even watching the stream? I know I be affected and know I wouldn't be able to properly watch twitch anymore and sadly would have to drop it.

All I'm bitching at really is when a company monetizes a feature that is part of how to even use the site properly. It doesn't feel like its asking for money but more streamlining their audience and as someone that can't afford to pay like that. I feel targeted after many years of using the services and being a fan of many parts of it and It just feels meh, yet another thing I love I gotta get nerfed for loving because my wallet is not big enough.  I'll keep using nexus until it effects my ability to use it enough to the point I can't no longer and that will be it.

(PS: So far 2mb hasn't been bad enough yet, for me thankfully but will they lower it in the future? This move just makes me nervous really and just kinda venting my feeling on it in general. Nexus means a great deal to me and I hate to be effected even more then what I am already is all)

46 minutes ago, Hawk9969 said:

Interesting, I didn't know about the adblocker limit. I knew it was limited to 1 MB/s before and I've been at that still. I guess I've enough DP to buy some premium, but meh, they do ask for a lot of personal information in the process, even if I am not really putting any real money into it.

Also, since I am still capped at 1 MB/s, it would appear that NanoDefender isn't defusing their anti-adblocker. Seems like someone needs to submit a bug report :D. In the other hand, I haven't seem that bitching about adblocker in a while now, way back then and without NanoDefender, they would bitch me about adblockers.

Mega caps me at 5 MB/s, downside being a maximum transfer of 1.5 GBs per 15 hours. In the other hand, I actually contribute mods to Nexus and would be thankfully if they would cap me at 2 MB/s, since I am contributing to their business already.

I've been a supporter for a long time now and had adblock disabled on Nexus for the whole duration and I still got capped though.

1 hour ago, Hawk9969 said:

Also, since I am still capped at 1 MB/s, it would appear that NanoDefender isn't defusing their anti-adblocker.

Just tested to make sure and it seems I, too, am getting limited, though it persisted even after disabling the extensions so it could either be another extension causing it or it doesn't remove the cap after x hours after it has been triggered, I would strongly suggest using uBlock Origin by the way.
ps. the latter seems to be true, as MO2 would normally download at 2MB/s but is limited to 1MB/s right now

22 minutes ago, Yueviathan said:

You know when you see mods split into multiple parts for slower download speeds? Yeah stuff like this gives modders more work to do to look out for other users affected in this way, and it just seems unnecessary.

Never heard of such issue as a corrupted download due to throttling, it sounds possible, but only if the throttling algorithm is badly written.
As for "taking modders' time to split files", assuming that they have to do it, it takes mere seconds to split a 4gb file using 7zip https://i.imgur.com/Qkn8LbI.png

26 minutes ago, Yueviathan said:

If you ever had a moment that you had your com dowloading a mod for 7 hours, and then you load it up in game and something is wrong with it and you trouble shoot you do everything right to try and find the problem and then you don't. You go back to the mod page check file preview and that is when you see the size of a particular file being larger then what you got.

Easily fixed by including the file hashes on the download page, so you can be sure the file(s) are intact

43 minutes ago, Yueviathan said:

Speed caps can and does effect downloading a mod correctly. I have had many instances I had to download a mod more then once and pray I got all the files because the speed of download effecting the data transfer. You know when you see mods split into multiple parts for slower download speeds? Yeah stuff like this gives modders more work to do to look out for other users affected in this way, and it just seems unnecessary.

There are plenty of things nexus can and are charging for to warrant a subscription ( and rightfully so). I don't expect nexus to not have any form of monetization. I'm aware sites cost money to run, however when a site monetizes a function that effects the very ability to use the site correctly? That seems to defeat the purpose and feel a little too much like " You have to spend money to even use this site" And that is the fine line I feel has been touched here in choosing to effect the speeds, knowing there are users that already have speed issues.

Doing this doesn't make me want to subscribed, it makes me feel I have to cap my hobby for good and not use the site at all in the future or go somewhere else for downloads. If you ever had a moment that you had your com dowloading a mod for 7 hours, and then you load it up in game and something is wrong with it and you trouble shoot you do everything right to try and find the problem and then you don't. You go back to the mod page check file preview and that is when you see the size of a particular file being larger then what you got.

You then go threw another 7 hours to download the mod...>.< This is what I'm talking about, and on a personal note. I have had to deal with more and more sites I use for free becoming a subscription for all the features. Everything needs money, and so do I. I need money to cover my bills, life insurance, insurance for my property, rent, phone bill, internet bill, money aside for food, hygene, clothes, transportation, medical and emergencies and savings (when I can even save). All these things need my money before nexus or any hobby site, but people have hobbies because it helps with the stress of life.

I have amazon prime because it helps with ordering things I need right away online which has been important enough to put what little money I have aside for it, I only used prime for its shows like only once so far (watched The Boys and that was it) I like watching certain twitch streamers that have in doing what they do de-stressed and distracted me from hard times in my life and thus wanted to support them when I can. But I don't streak these subscription because there are months I can't afford the bleeding of spare money I don't have.

I love these sites just as much as the people that can thankfully afford to pay. I can still watch the streamers I adore for free and enjoy there content  and in turn that makes me want to be able to subscribe when I can because it creates for me a feeling of eventually paying it foward, but if twitch was to ever charge the net speed in which you watch a stream to the point it effects even watching the stream? I know I be affected and know I wouldn't be able to properly watch twitch anymore and sadly would have to drop it.

All I'm bitching at really is when a company monetizes a feature that is part of how to even use the site properly. It doesn't feel like its asking for money but more streamlining their audience and as someone that can't afford to pay like that. I feel targeted after many years of using the services and being a fan of many parts of it and It just feels meh, yet another thing I love I gotta get nerfed for loving because my wallet is not big enough.  I'll keep using nexus until it effects my ability to use it enough to the point I can't no longer and that will be it.

(PS: So far 2mb hasn't been bad enough yet, for me thankfully but will they lower it in the future? This move just makes me nervous really and just kinda venting my feeling on it in general. Nexus means a great deal to me and I hate to be effected even more then what I am already is all)

1. Modders don't have to split files
2. File corruption is not the issue of the sites but your own connections
3.The restriction doesnt limit your ability to use the site it only limits the maximum capability , you can download files just at a slower rate.
4.If you can't be patient and wait for a service that isn't owed to you then you deserve to not be able to keep your "hobby" ; Nobody has to make mods, nobody has to share them, nobody has to have files on their servers for your entertainment .
5.Again you don't NEED to subscribe, everything is free , and I've waited days for games and longer when my speed was 90kb/s and I understood what I had and what others didn't , waiting for something that's free isn't something ridiculous and most mods are very light.
6. for the 3rd time you don't have to subscribe , prime is another service which is optional , most items have free shipping its just that your impatient so u get prime... its the same concept with nexus.
7.Twitch's model is very different from nexus and are on completely different scales , you cannot compare the two.
8.It is monetizing a (optional) feature , 2mb/s is more then enough for most people and if not the option to subscribe is there.

I have never payed for nexus subscription and the biggest mods I've downloaded are like up to 1-2gb and am fine waiting as it's all FREE. The content is FREE. The ability to download is FREE. How can anyone complain about FREE things ???

57 minutes ago, unmatched baguette said:

Just tested to make sure and it seems I, too, am getting limited, though it persisted even after disabling the extensions so it could either be another extension causing it or it doesn't remove the cap after x hours after it has been triggered, I would strongly suggest using uBlock Origin by the way.
ps. the latter seems to be true, as MO2 would normally download at 2MB/s but is limited to 1MB/s right now

NanoDefender is not an adblocker, it's an anti-adblocker defuser extension for Nano Adblocker and uBlock Origin.

If you are getting 1 MB/s from the browser and 2 MB/s from MO2, I would assume the following:

1. Nexus limits TCP connections to 1 MB/s. Browsers tend to establish only one TCP connection to download files while download managers tend to establish many to bypass connection rate limits. I've come across several ISPs (including mine) that either limits upload or download on a connection basis.
  2. MO2 has an incorrect download rate calculation.

Archived