IGNORED

R.I.P NexusMods

qoq

So, NexusMods is making everyone change their password to 12 characters with this and that , and "2-step verification".

LMAO!

Fuck them. Anything I've uploaded over there, can be uploaded here, right?

I'm not doing it. I bet they lose 75% of their membership.

That just makes me mad!

Dumbass Admin had a good thing and threw it right in the toilet.

He screwed up and allowed virii to be hosted on that site so now everyone else has to suffer? I'm not having it.

Their membership will dwindle to not a damn thing with that kind of crap going on.

Look for membership here and ModDb to skyrocket.

Vortex is a joke of a program. Useless.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot? He unloaded an 18-round magazine! Derp!

I won't go back except to harass him!

WARNING! ENTERING A RANT ZONE!! BEWARE OF CRAZY! ?

Spoiler

I said beware so why are you reading this? ? ?

One more password period is an affront to us all. ?wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw== I have so many stupid passwords I have to use a stupid app just to keep track of the stupid passwords for all the stupid sites. That and every developer and their distant cousin (twice removed) has their own launcher which of -course- requires yet another stupid password. Or two. Or three. Download sites like the Nexus usually don't even need a pass unless it's for uploading. Heck, even Nvidia was bugging me to: "Register pwease, it won't take long!". And what about phones? Register here, register there. Passwords, passwords, and more passwords! EVERYWHERE! No! ENOUGH!

NO. MORE. PASSWORDS.

Hey, that turned into a pretty good crazy rant! ?

Who knew passwords got me so riled up? HAHA! ?‍♀️

OK, back to my Evil Lair™ before I subject everyone to another rant on something! ?

EDIT: Also just checked. Must just be for uploaders or something. I'm not getting any notifications for a forced new pass. I did get about a billion "You forgot to endorse this." however. AHEM. ? Yeah. Haven't been there in ... some time. ?

EDIT 2: Finally found it. It was buried in a bunch of other useless Nexus announcements. ? Though when Nexus starts talking about security... well....  ???

4 hours ago, Inte said:

You mean I have to reduce my 46 characters password down to 12? That sucks! 

Funny you should say that. When Microsoft first introduced their online storage service I used a 20 character password. Then after one of their "changes" the max you could do was 16. Ummm.

This should not make you angry or nervous:

easy going: take old password two times if you have probs - is quite well for keeping it in mind

personal data:  !!!!        lol  (this settings have no influence on the account),   if they spy-no problem-whole internet spys

äh-mod manager-ähm...ggg                                                                                    ^^^

nexus is a nice $$$- machine-no question - with monopolic tendencies / strategies

Now is always the time for a good irrational rant. ?

OK so.... I just tried doing the update thingy-whatever.

• It seems 2-factor is not enforced.
  • The Nexus somehow thinks I already updated my pass last week. (I didn't. ?)
  • My old but somehow new pass works just fine on the new site, but.......
  • When logging into the new site I get the fun: 503 SERVICE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE YOU PEASANT SCUM! (OK no peasant thing but that would be fun. ?)

EDIT: Also, I couldn't figure out how to reset the pass anyway on the old site. Just kept running into the "join premium and give us money for reasons" stuff.  ? I'm sure it's there somewhere.... buried. ?

12 hours ago, qoq said:

So, NexusMods is making everyone change their password to 12 characters with this and that , and "2-step verification".

LMAO!

Fuck them. Anything I've uploaded over there, can be uploaded here, right?

I'm not doing it. I bet they lose 75% of their membership.

That just makes me mad!

Dumbass Admin had a good thing and threw it right in the toilet.

He screwed up and allowed virii to be hosted on that site so now everyone else has to suffer? I'm not having it.

Their membership will dwindle to not a damn thing with that kind of crap going on.

Look for membership here and ModDb to skyrocket.

Vortex is a joke of a program. Useless.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot? He unloaded an 18-round magazine! Derp!

I won't go back except to harass him!

Most of the sites I use require 2FA. Dear lord you have to make your password a bit more secure. Whatever shall you do? Oh wait, you answered that question too, bitch and complain about it being the answer.

Ill still upload to both nexus and here, I havent had to change my PW, and if I do, Ill change it. Not going to waste my time complaining about it, I have mods that require work and thats more worth doing.

5 minutes ago, Nessa said:

Now is always the time for a good irrational rant. ?

OK so.... I just tried doing the update thingy-whatever.

• It seems 2-factor is not enforced.
  • The Nexus somehow thinks I already updated my pass last week. (I didn't. ?)
  • My old but somehow new pass works just fine on the new site, but.......
  • When logging into the new site I get the fun: 503 SERVICE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE YOU PEASANT SCUM! (OK no peasant thing but that would be fun. ?)

The 503 error is because they saw the OP and realized the error of their way and are changing back.  Isn't that they way the internet works?

13 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

The 503 error is because they saw the OP and realized the error of their way and are changing back.  Isn't that they way the internet works?

That must be it. They've seen the error of their ways and are now repenting. Who says rants don't have an effect? ? The old site.... it just works. ?

Don't look here...  ?

Spoiler

This is a very low quality thread
I have never heard of a site *requiring* 2fa, (with exceptions like steam trading)
You should consider using a password manager or at least using passphrases instead of hard-to-remember passwords

My two complains about the new system are that:
It took over 20 minutes to change the password as I got ratelimited (was blocking the captcha and then it kept redirecting me to cloudflare's page)
The limit is now 128 charaters. 128 is fine, but there is no reason to put an upper limit.

Now go stand in the corner and think about what lead you to create this abomination of a thread OP

3 minutes ago, unmatched baguette said:

It took over 20 minutes to change the password as I got ratelimited (was blocking the captcha and then it kept redirecting me to cloudflare's page)

The limit is now 128 charaters. 128 is fine, but there is no reason to put an upper limit.

Right forgot to mention that. I got stuck in a captcha loop as well. It kept asking for buses and showing pics of only streetlights. ? ?

Let's just say... I wasn't impressed with quality. ? ?

1 minute ago, Nessa said:

It kept asking for buses and showing pics of only streetlights.

For that you can blame google, recaptcha has become more of a filter and slave labour machine learning, instead of an actual "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart". In my case I just didn't want to completely disable ublock and umatrix to get the captcha

21 minutes ago, unmatched baguette said:

For that you can blame google, recaptcha has become more of a filter and slave labour machine learning, instead of an actual "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart". In my case I just didn't want to completely disable ublock and umatrix to get the captcha

Isn't that just about anything Google now? I finally quit using google's image search (which was the last thing Google I was voluntarily using) because I was apparently searching for the wrong thing. According to Google anyway. ? ? Curiously other image searches have no problem returning what I actually searched for. Go figure. ?