The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

Didn't see any posts on this.

Former Second City actor-writer Michael Lehrer, who had ALS, dies at 44.

He was terminally ill and chose to end his life with the assistance of a doctor. “Michael died with dignity on his own terms,” said his life partner and caregiver Colette Montague. “... Medical aid in dying was the hardest decision he ever made.”

Lehrer was a regular on “Kill Tony,” a live, anything-goes comedy podcast in Austin, Texas, frequented by Joe Rogan and Ron White. He performed there 99 times between 2019 and 2022.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2023/1/18/23558502/michael-lehrer-dead-als-comedy-kill-tony-obituary-second-city

download.jpgdownload (2).jpgdownload (1).jpg

RIP Bethesda Games. Bought up by Microsoft, now all their games are as dull and bland as Microsoft games have always been.  Once a creator of quirky and amusing games full of funny quips, funny bugs and some good writing, now we will get stuff like Starbland. Some say its too full of current year propaganda. Some say that its the best thing since sliced bread. In reality, it isn't bad... its just.. boring, bland, soulless and lifeless. 

Farewell Bethesda!  I will never betray the clan!

On 10/10/2023 at 3:00 PM, Sir Bron said:

RIP

The corpse of Shani Louk, a German woman, kidnapped and killed by Hamas fighters, was paraded naked through the streets of Israel by the Palestinian militants group.

German Woman's Corpse Paraded Naked Through Israel Streets, Spat On By Hamas Militants, Disturbing Video Shows: WATCH

Did her death have anything to do with her heritage? Sad event no matter the case. Was just curious if old racial hates played a role. Goddamn travesty if they did.

On 11/3/2023 at 12:30 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

Did her death have anything to do with her heritage?

no, it's likely because she was a female and dared to show her skin, her being a jew would have just been a bonus to them.

Edited by MadMansGun

All the pearl clutching because a young, pretty female is killed. Meanwhile, thousands of anonymous and innocent Palestinian men, women and children are being reduced to pulp by Israeli heavy ordnance. And who is providing all this ordnance - Russia, China, Iran, North Korea? No it's good ol' America as per usual.

I have let this go on as long as I can stand. Discussion of Israeli-Palestinian conflict of any kind is a political discussion. Further mentions will result in posts being deleted and further sanctions as warranted. 

By now I hope you all know that I don't like doing this stuff. So, do me a favor, and please just let it drop here. If you must discuss it please find another site that welcomes these sorts of discussions.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.asianstudies.org/mark-ross-bookman-phd-1991-2022/

It's been a year but I haven't shared this here. This man was my friend for almost 20 years. I met him on my very first furry muck, was there to celebrate online when he got his PHD. I helped encourage him when he was helping the United Nations arrange disability access for the most recent Tokyo olympics. He passed in his sleep, likely to a mucus plug he could not clear in this throat. I had talked him down from suicide twice. Shared his memories of downtown tokyo streaming Digimon Cyber Sleuth at him. "I've been to that store in real life, Yuni." -- Mark Bookman. So many more memories, too many to share here.

Rest in peace, Mark. I will always love you.

Edited by Yuni

Charlie Munger, co-founder of Berkshire Hathaway and lesser known investor and lifelong friend of Warren Buffet died yesterday at age 99.  He was one month and a few days shy of 100.  Despite being lesser known, Munger's influence on Buffett was instrumental in the long term success of Berkshire Hathaway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Munger

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/charlie-munger-warren-buffetts-longtime-investing-partner-dies-at-99-211406297.html

20 hours ago, 27X said:

"...complicated legacy shaped decades of U.S. policy..."  Done a lot of research on the time period when he was front and center.  "Complicated" is an understatement, and the power he held that shaped U.S. policy (and still does) can't be understated, either.  Sure wish these people were as smart as they think they are when making such decisions/ forming such policies.

2 hours ago, AKM said:

"...complicated legacy shaped decades of U.S. policy..."  Done a lot of research on the time period when he was front and center.  "Complicated" is an understatement, and the power he held that shaped U.S. policy (and still does) can't be understated, either.  Sure wish these people were as smart as they think they are when making such decisions/ forming such policies.

There is good reason why he made such good inspiration for a pragmatic villain character whose mouth was often filled with Kissinger's words and whose philosophy animated him as much as the studio making the show itself.

Dr_Henry_Killinger.thumb.webp.9431116a894024214381b3468d285a9e.webp

I would imagine people in four particular asian and two middle eastern countries have a very different view of "complicated", as they are literally right now still dealing with the policy and logistic decisions he pushed both in and out of office.

Edited by 27X